Legend

De TheQuietHufflepuff

Swashbuckling tales of pirates had always intrigued Jackie for as long as she could remember. Pirate ships ha... Mai multe

Aesthetic and Playlist
Jacqueline
Season One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Two
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Three
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Book Two

12

88 3 1
De TheQuietHufflepuff

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - TOWN LINE

Mr. Gold held an injured and confused Belle. Hook was unconscious on the side of the road and the "outsider" was still in the crashed car. Sirens sounded in the distance.

"Who are you?" Belle asked. "What's going on?"

"Shh... Let me... Let me... Let me."  Mr. Gold magically healed Belle's injuries. "All better. Good."

"How did you do that?"

"It's nothing to be afraid of."

"Get away."

"Shh. Belle, please."

"What are you?!"

Emma, David and Mary Margaret arrived on the scene via the squad car. David got out and ran towards Belle and Mr. Gold. Emma called for more assistance on her radio.

"Are you okay?" David asked.

"I'm at the town line," Emma said. "Two people down, maybe three. There's a car -pretty banged up with Pennsylvania plates."

"What's going on?"

"She crossed over the line," Mr. Gold replied. "She doesn't remember."

Emma found an alert Hook at the side of the road who said, "Hey, beautiful. Here, I didn't think you'd notice." He glanced at Jackie. "Don't worry, lass. I'm not dying on you anytime soon."

Jackie scoffed. "Imagine my relief."

Emma leaned down and pushed on his ribs, causing him to yell out in pain as she determined, "Your ribs are broken."

"Oh, that must be why it hurts when I laugh," Hook said. "Did you see his face? His one true love, gone in an instant. Just like Milah, crocodile! When you took her from me..."

"But you took her first," Mr. Gold reminded him, lunging at Hook and digging his cane into his neck.

Jackie tried to pulled Mr. Gold away and was pushed to the ground, causing her to grunt. "It's bad form to further injure an already injured man!"

"Gold, are you insane?!" Emma yelled.

"Yes, I am!" Mr. Gold replied.

"You can't do that!" David told him.

"I can if you let me go."

"You don't want her to see that," Emma stated.

"I'm a stranger to her."

"Murder is a bad first impression."

"What would Belle want you to do?" David asked as an ambulance arrived, distracting Mr. Gold long enough for David to pull him off of Hook. "Over here!"

The paramedics headed towards Hook first, but Emma directed their attention to the driver of the car instead.

"No!" Emma yelled. "Him! Take care of him. He can wait."

Mary Margaret, who was still tending to Belle, overheard Emma. "What?"

"There's someone in there."

"Stay. I'll be right back."

Emma, Jackie and Mary Margaret watched as the paramedics looked over the unconscious driver of the car.

"Do you know this guy?" Emma asked.

"I've never seen him before," Mary Margaret replied.

"That's because he drove into town," David said.

"From the outside?"

"Looks like the world just came to Storybrooke," Emma told them.

Jackie frowned. "What does this mean?"

---

At the hospital, a voice over the intercom announced the arrival of the accident victims. Alone in another room, Dr. Whale listened to the announcements as he drank. Outside the door, several other hospital workers spoke.

"Anybody seen the doctor?" a man questioned.

"Dr. Whale, we need you in the ER!" a woman yelled.

A LAND WITHOUT COLOR - PAST

Victor, Gerhardt, and Alphonse toasted in the living room of their home. It was decorated with Christmas decorations.

"To the Frankensteins," Victor said.

"To a fine new year, Papa," Gerhardt added.

"Thank you, Gerhardt," Alphonse replied. "And let's have a better look at that medal." He looked over the medal pinned to Gerhardt's chest. "My son. The Silver Cross."

"It's embarrassing to have everyone make such a fuss."

"Well, that's your cross to bear, I suppose," Victor told him.

"To the holiday," Alphonse stated. "Something for both of my sons." He handed a small box to Gerhardt and a leather envelope to Victor.

"Too small to be a pony," Gerhardt joked as he opened to the box, revealing a pocket watch inside.

"Your mother gave me that when we were married. It was her father's. She wanted to keep it in the family."

"I remember."

"Open yours, Victor."

Victor opened the envelope, revealing a piece of paper and said, "A commission. Father, surely you're joking. My work is far too important to leave now."

"I purchased you a commission. You will join the Mobile Thirty-fourth as their camp physician. It's an honor."

"Well, yes, of course," Gerhardt replied. "But I'm not sure you realize the important scientific work he's doing."

"Certainly, but how will he do his work without my financial support?"

"Papa, I rely on that money," Victor told his father.

"I've already allowed you the use of our summer home for your foolish purposes. Isn't that enough?"

"I have made great progress! The name Frankenstein is going to stand for life! Life, everlasting here on Earth."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Hook and the driver of the car were wheeled into the hospital on stretchers by the paramedics, while the rest of the group from the accident site followed behind them.

"I don't know what's going on," Belle admitted.

"Car versus pedestrian," the paramedic informed. "Chest trauma from the wheel. Pedestrian's got contusions, broken ribs."

"Go to X-ray," the nurse said. "Pedestrian first."

"Hide him," Emma ordered.

"What?"

"Find a room and hide him."

Mr. Gold entered and asked, "Belle. What's going on?"

"Get him out of here!" David yelled.

"Well, what's happening? Belle!"

"I'd like to know myself," Leroy said.

"Belle! Belle!"

Dr. Whale finally joined everyone. "Everybody calm down! Mr. Gold. Everything will be fine. She's in good hands here. I promise."

A LAND WITHOUT COLOR - PAST

Victor briskly walked away from the house towards his carriage.

Gerhardt ran after him and called, "Victor. Victor, wait. He'll cool off. Here. Take this." He extended the pocket watch to Victor. "You're the eldest. She wanted it for you."

"No," Victor said. "Keep it. Don't worry about me. I'll find another way." He continued on towards his carriage, while Gerhardt turned to return inside. Rumpelstiltskin was watching the exchange from a distance.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Mr. Gold watched Belle as she slept in her hospital bed. He leaned over and kissed her on the lips. There was a brief pause where it seemed like Belle might recognize him, but then she began screaming.

Mr. Gold looked nervous. "No, no, no, no, no." Belle continued screaming. "No, no, no, no, no. I... I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Several nurses entered the room. Mr. Gold began backing out of the room. "I'm sorry."

"You okay?" the man asked.

"I'm sorry..." he left.

---

In another room, Emma interrogated Hook, who was handcuffed to the bed. Jackie chose to be present, despite how she felt about the pirate.

"Where's Cora?" Emma questioned.

"What?" Hook asked, going to move his arm only to realize he was stuck. "Again? You're really into this, aren't you?" He laughed. "Damn, that hurts."

"Told you - cracked a few ribs. Where's Cora?"

"You look good, I must say. As do you, Jacqueline. All "where's Cora?" in a commanding voice. Chills."

"You have all sorts of sore places. I can make you hurt." She pushed her hand into his ribs, causing him to wince in pain.

"I have no idea where Cora is. She has her own agenda. Let's talk about something I am interested in - my hook. May I have it back? Or is there another attachment you'd prefer?" He glanced at Jackie and winked.

Jackie crossed her arms and stepped forward. "You're certainly awfully chipper for a guy who just failed to kill his enemy, then got hit by a car."

"Well, my ribs may be broken, but... Everything else is still intact. Which is more than can be said for other bad days I've had. Plus, I did some quality damage to my foe."

"You hurt Belle," Emma said.

"I hurt his heart. Belle's just where he keeps it. He killed my love. He's recently hurt Jacqueline because she got in the way. I know the feeling."

"Keep smiling, buddy. You're chained down, he's on his feet, immortal, has magic, and you hurt his girl. If Jackie and I were to pick dead guy of the year, we'd pick you."

---

Mary Margaret and company had gathered in the hospital lobby with the driver's cell phone.

"We've got to get into his phone," Leroy said.

"Let me guess another pass code," David stated.

"You can't guess," Mary Margaret told him. "There's a million possible combinations."

"Ten-thousand," Ruby confirmed.

"Ten-thousand."

"Leroy, can you get it open or something?" David asked. "Hack it?"

Leroy frowned. "Well, you do understand that computer hacking and pickaxe hacking are different."

Emma and Jackie entered and the former said, "Here, let me try. I have a thing. And we do know something. There was stuff in his car - rental agreement, maps, receipts. His name is Greg Mendell. Now, let's see..." she broke into the phone and began rooting through it. She found several phone numbers and pictures of Greg. "Pictures of him alone at a bunch of Eastern Seaboard tourist locations, a LinkedIn account, and he tweets pictures of his food. I'll keep looking, but I think what we have here is a well-documented, real-life ordinary Joe. Or Greg."

"So, whatever's kept random people from stumbling into Storybrooke for the last twenty-eight years-" Ruby trailed.

"Is gone," Mary Margaret finished.

"Anyone could drive in," David realized. "Why are my instincts telling me that's a bad thing?"

"'Cause you've seen E.T., or Splash, or any other movie where they find something magical and study it to death," Leroy replied. "Think what they'd do to a werewolf?"

"Oh, and his friends and family?" Mary Margaret said. "They're going to come looking for him soon."

"Let's not try to overreact," Emma told them.

"Leroy's right," David agreed. "We don't need outsiders here."

"Hook says he doesn't know where Cora is, and God knows what she's going to do. With other people coming here, that's not going to be good for anyone."

"We need to find Regina - tell her we know she was framed," Mary Margaret said.

"I've been tracking her," Ruby informed. "No luck. She's gone underground."

"But what if Cora finds her first? I don't want to think about the damage those two would do together. This could not have come at a worse time."

"It's okay. The guy's being patched up right now. He'll probably be on his way home by morning."

Dr. Whale entered. "Not quite. He's bleeding into his chest cavity. It's not a full flood, you know. But, pretty soon, he'll be drowning in his own blood."

"So make it stop," Jackie said in a blunt tone. "Are you not a doctor?"

Dr. Whale spotted Mr. Gold walking down the stairs and approached him. "Gold. You fixed me. Now fix him. It will take you seconds and cost you nothing."

"No," Mr. Gold replied.

"No? Just... No?"

"I owe you nothing, Whale. I owe none of you anything. And some of you, owe me. So, yeah, just... No. Oh, and point of interest - the driver? He saw me throwing some magic. So, instead of trying to get him out of here, you better be hoping he dies. Because if he doesn't, he's going to be driving tour buses up and down main street. So glad I don't give a damn." He left.

"Look... Letting him die is easy. I can do that, if that's what you decide."

"Let's take this somewhere private," Emma suggested.

The group entered a small examination room to talk.

"It's not really murder if we let him succumb to his injuries."

"I'm pretty sure it is."

"Of course we save him," Mary Margaret said.

"Obviously," David agreed.

"Well..." Leroy began.

"Leroy!" Mary Margaret exclaimed.

"We got to think it through. If we save him and kill the whole town, is that really better?"

Ruby frowned. "So we have to choose between our lives and his."

"We can worry about the town later," David added.

"Which doesn't mean we should abandon him," Mary Margaret told them.

"I know, but let's worry about Storybrooke after we save a life. Dr. Whale, prep for surgery." Dr. Whale left.

"Anyone else notice he's drunk off his ass?"

Suddenly, Greg's phone began ringing.

"Someone's looking for Greg," Emma informed. "How long before they come here?"

A LAND WITHOUT COLOR - PAST

Victor and Igor were clearing out Victor's laboratory. Igor left with a box of stuff, while Victor continued to pack.

Rumpelstiltskin entered by magically appearing on a chair and said, "Good evening, Doctor."

"How did you get in here?" Victor asked. "Who are you?"

"Stiltskin. Rumpel Von Stiltskin."

"A foreigner."

"What tipped you off? My rosy complexion? Yes, I've seen nothing of your drab little land yet, but, I am interested in your work."

"Well, you're a little late. I've been shut down. And I can't bring back dead loved ones, anyway, if that's what you're after."

"I think my deceased are best kept where they are, dearie, thank you very much. No, no, no. My interest, is in how you do what you do. You see, where I come from, we do things differently. Your land has witchcraft, but it's feeble, neglected stuff. Where I live, it's strong and hearty. But... It cannot restore life. If you can do this, well... I'll want to know more, and I'm willing to pay." He took out a small pouch and poured its contents onto the floor. A massive pile of coins poured from the bag.

"How did you do that?"

"Ah... Missing the point. Money – yours."

"Are you a philanthropist?"

"Well, I've been called worse. There is a cost to you – knowledge. You teach me to wield... Whatever it is you wield. That, is the deal."

"Then it's a deal."

Igor returned and said, "I thought you were bringing-"

"Igor, tremendous news! This is Rump-" Victor turned around, but found that Rumpelstiltskin had disappeared.

"Master... What's happened?"

"Bring back the equipment. We're staying. And we're going to need a body."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

In his shop, Mr. Gold was reminiscing over the chipped cup. Suddenly, the bell on the front door rang. He went to investigate, but found no one outside. When he turned around, he saw a box had been left on the counter.

Cora appeared near the door. "Hello, Rumpel."

"Well, I expected this was just a matter of time," Mr. Gold replied. "Had hoped you were dead, but hey - disappointment's just part of life. I'm sure we can agree on that."

"Aw, the crocodile snaps at the little bird. And after I brought you a gift."

"Yeah, did you bring the antidote, too?"

"Oh, Rumpel. It's a peace offering."

"And what do you want for this, uh... This peace offering?"

"My daughter. You were so clever to get her to lat the curse so you could come here. You don't need her anymore. Let me try to get her back and let us live."

"And what do I get for my troubles?"

"Your son." She nodded towards the box. Mr. Gold pulled off the lid, revealing a white 'globe' inside. "You know what that is, of course."

"I'll find him... If this one truly is it."

"Oh, darling, I have no reason to cheat you."

"Anymore."

"I want you to find the one person in this universe who might still love you. After all, I'm doing the same thing."

"Do you have any spells to return memories?"

"I only know what you taught me... Master. So, will you accept my offer of a truce?"

"Truce." He extended a hand, which Cora took and they shook on the deal.

"Let's seal it like we used to." She leaned in and kissed Mr. Gold.

---

At the hospital, David found Dr. Whale staring at Greg's watch. "What's that?"

"Oh. It's just the guy's personal effects," Dr. Whale replied. "I get the best watches this way. Joking. As far as you know. It's too bad it's cracked."

"I thought you'd be scrubbing in by now."

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm going to do that."

"Arm okay?"

"I'm not drunk."

"Okay, just... Let's save this guy, all right? I don't care what he saw. We don't let go of people."

"Right. Of course not."

A LAND WITHOUT COLOR - PAST

During a thunderstorm, Victor was in a graveyard attempting to dig up a body. Gerhardt found him there.

"Gerhardt," Victor greeted.

"Igor told me that I'd find you here," Gerhardt said. "I can't believe... I thought you worked with cells in Petri dishes."

"My work has progressed. And I thought you supported me."

"Not like this."

Near the entrance of the graveyard, there was a man with a gun and the man yelled, "Halt!"

"Don't shoot!" Victor told the man. "We have orders! He's in uniform."

A shot was fired. The two of them ran towards the carriage and quickly got inside.

"Go! Go!" Gerhardt cried.

"You shouldn't have come looking for me," Victor said. "And I thought you supported me. Gerhardt?" He noticed Gerhardt was unresponsive. He looked down and saw blood seeping through his uniform. "Gerhardt?"

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Emma and company were waiting in the lobby of the hospital. Greg's phone began vibrating. On the screen, the incoming caller was listed as 'Her'.

"Same person again," Leroy noted.

"'Her'," Emma stated. "Cute."

"Probably a girlfriend," David guessed.

"We could answer it - just let her know he's okay," Mary Margaret suggested.

"He's not okay," Emma said.

"He's alive," Ruby told them. "We could let her know he's alive."

"Nah," David replied. "The police could trace it here instantly."

"She can activate the find your phone thing without us picking it up at all," Emma informed.

The phone stopped vibrating.

"That settles that," Leroy decided.

"Oh, my nerves can't take this. Is the surgery almost over?" Mary Margaret wondered.

"I... I think it takes..." Emma trailed.

A man entered and scanned the lobby. He turned to leave when David stopped him.

"Whoa," David said. "Whoa. Wait. Wait. Any news?"

"No," the man answered. "I was just looking for the doctor."

Ruby frowned. "He's not in the OB?"

"He never came in."

"Then page him," Emma told him.

"He was not looking so good earlier," David commented.

The man made a phone call and a beeping sound was heard nearby.

"He's here," Mary Margaret said.

The beeping sound was coming from the laundry basket of dirty scrubs. Emma and Jackie looked through it and found the pager, along with Dr. Whale's lab coat.

"No, but his pager is," Emma informed. "He's gone."

Jackie frowned. "Where the bloody hell did the doctor go?"

Ruby sniffed Dr. Whale's lab coat and David asked, "Got the scent?"

"Boozy," Ruby replied.

"Just find him and bring him back," Emma instructed. "We'll watch Hook and figure out options if Whale doesn't come back."

"Maybe Doc can do it," Mary Margaret suggested.

"Surgery? No," Leroy said.

"Maybe he didn't even run. Maybe Cora grabbed him for some reason."

David shook his head. "I don't think so. He's been in a rough place since he had brought Regina's fiancé back to life."

"Daniel?"

"Back to life?!" Emma and Jackie repeated.

"And had his arm ripped off and put back on," David added.

"Cool," Leroy commented.

"Wait. Daniel came back?" Mary Margaret questioned.

"Like some kind of Frankenstein?" Emma guessed.

"That's Whale," David realized. "The doctor. And Daniel was his-"

"What went on here while we were gone?" Mary Margaret wondered.

"Ruby, get going. Bring back... Dr. Frankenstein," Emma instructed.

Ruby left to find Dr. Whale.

Emma continued. "We're going to send this guy back home with bolts in his neck."

"She'll find him," Mary Margaret reassured.

"Yeah, but what kind of state is he going to be in?"

Jackie glanced at Emma. "I should think a rather poor one, lass."

---

Dr. Whale ran down the main street of Storybrooke.

A LAND WITHOUT COLOR - PAST

Surrounded by his equipment, Victor had Gerhardt's corpse laid out in the middle of his lab. He chest had been cut open and sewn shut. Igor was there assisting.

"I will bring you back, my brother. I promise," Victor said as he threw a switch, causing a surge of electricity to flow through Gerhardt's body. The body twitches, then all was still. When they checked over the body, they notice smoke rising from the chest cavity. Victor grabbed a scalpel and cuts open the stitches. He pulled out Gerhardt's charred heart.

"It's burned," Igor commented. "Like coal."

"Cover him. The sheet will serve as his shroud."

"Of course, doctor."

Alphonse entered and said, "Victor?"

"Father," Victor replied.

"You were seen carrying a body into this house. Explain yourself." He walked over to the body and discovered that it was Gerhardt. "Gerhardt? My boy. My dear son. What did you do?!"

"It was an accident. I was working-"

"You caused this! The things you do." He pulled back the sheet and saw the stitches running along his chest. "You cut into your brother!"

"No, no, it wasn't like that!"

"You put your foul magician's work into your brother!"

"It can work! I did this for you, too, father. I wanted you to have two sons again."

"And now I have none."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Cora entered Regina's house and began looking through it. She scanned the glassware in the kitchen, then smelled the clothes hanging in Regina's closet.

She entered Henry's room and found an old picture of Henry and Regina, and one of Henry and Regina. She looked over the dresser and found an old craft done by Henry. It was a mold of Henry's handprint with the words 'To Mommy' written below it. She smirked and took it with her.

---

In the middle the night, Henry walked across the graveyard to Regina's family mausoleum. He slid the sarcophagus over and headed down the stairs.

He called for Regina. "Mom? Hello? Hello? Hello? Mom?"

Behind one of the walls, Regina had a hidden room. She heard Henry and walked to one of the mirrors on the wall. She waved her hand and magically transformed the mirror to allow her to see out. Regina saw Henry searching the crypt.

Henry spoke again. "You in there? Can I come in? Mom?" She opened the door to the hidden room. "Mom? Mom?"

Henry entered and hugged Regina. She returned the embrace.

"Henry, I'm so glad you're here," Regina said. "I missed you so much when... I have to let you know, I had nothing to do with Archie."

Henry smiled. "I know. I always knew."

"I was framed. I don't know how. I... It just seems like everything... You knew? How did you know?"

"Simple."

In a puff of blue smoke, Henry magically transformed into Cora.

"Because I did it," Cora told her.

"Mother..." Regina trailed.

A LAND WITHOUT COLOR - PAST

Victor was working is his laboratory. He had suspended Gerhardt's body in a bubbling fluid. He went to look through a microscope, when Rumpelstiltskin appeared behind him.

"Did it work?" Rumpelstiltskin asked. "No?"

"There was a little problem with what the heart could withstand," Victor said.

"Ah! Problems of the heart. Isn't that always the way?"

"Could you get out of my light, please?"

"You know, where I come from, there are hearts that can withstand anything because of magic."

"You have hearts?"

"I'll tell you what. I'm going to bring you a friend – a master of the hat. He shall take you to a young woman who has exactly what you need. You put on a little show for her, and then you walk away with all your prayers answered. A heart for your brother."

"And who is this woman?"

"Her name... is Regina."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

After a moment, Regina continued. "You... I thought we stopped you. How did you get through?"

"Determination," Cora replied. "I had to see you. I needed to tell you, that I know why you sent me through the looking glass. And I know why you tried to have me killed. And it's... It's all right."

"I think it's not all right."

"I love you. I just... I've always shown it in all the wrong ways. And I never should have made you marry the king. When you cried over my coffin, it... It all changed."

"You framed me - for the cricket."

"Temporarily. So you could see what these people really think of you."

"You made an airtight case. Anyone would believe it."

"I didn't want you to reject me. Not again."

"You wanted me broken."

"Receptive."

"You are the most manipulative... No. I won't even argue. Come with me. We're going to town."

"It's the middle of the night."

"I don't care. We'll wake them up -- Emma, Jackie and Henry and the two idiots -- and you can tell them how you lied. You owe me that."

"And then you'll let us start over?"

"I don't see that happening, Mother. But I am... I was trying so hard to be worthy of Henry. And I deserve the same thing from you."

"You're right. For you, sweetheart. Anything."

---

Dr. Whale was standing at the edge of the clock. He stared at Greg's watch as he looked into the water below.

Ruby found him and called, "Dr. Whale?"

"Don't come near me!" Dr. Whale yelled.

He tossed the watch into the water, then jumped off the dock. Using her wolf abilities, Ruby was quickly able to grab Dr. Whale by the neck of his coat before he fell in.

A LAND WITHOUT COLOR - PAST

Victor and Igor had conducted the experiment on Gerhardt's body. Slowly, Gerhardt raised his hand, which Victor clasped and said, "Rumpelstiltskin was right. The new heart worked. Welcome back, brother."

"It's magic, Dr. Frankenstein," Igor stated.

"No, not magic. Science."

---

Victor confronted Alphonse in his study. "I'm telling you, it's true. I brought him back."

"Victor... If you have really given me this..." Alphonse trailed.

"We've kept him waiting long enough." Victor went to fetch Gerhardt. He led him into the room, but he was clearly 'off'. "He's still... recovering. It's a slow process, so don't expect him to..."

"You did it."

"I did it."

"It's really you. Let me see you, my son." Alphonse grabbed a candlestick and held it up to Gerhardt, which caused him to shy away from the light. Gerhardt said nothing, and only grunted. "What? What is it? Is he all right? Why doesn't he speak?" Gerhardt swung and hit the candle out of Alphonse's hand. He crouched on the ground, holding his head. "Ow!"

"I told you, Father, it's an adjustment."

"I believed you. The terrible thing is, for a moment, I believed you did it. He's a monster! What a fool I was! That's not my son! You aren't my son! You're a ghoul and a grave robber. A fool and a witch doctor. You're a disgrace to this family!"

During the tirade, Gerhardt suddenly lunged at Alphonse and threw him onto the floor. He sat on his chest and begins to furiously punch him. Victor watched for a few moments before deciding to intervene.

"Enough," Victor said. "Gerhardt. Enough." He placed his hand on Gerhardt's shoulder, causing him to cease the attack. Victor felt his father's neck for a pulse. "You have killed our father."

Distressed at the news, Gerhardt fled the room.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Ruby and Dr. Whale sat on the dock conversing.

"I wanted my name to stand for life," Dr. Whale said. "But everybody just thinks it's the name of a monster. I guess they're right about that. Rumpelstiltskin says that magic has a price. But, from where I'm sitting, seems that science does, too. Every time I try to save a life, someone else dies."

"Hey," Ruby stated. "Yeah. Look, you're Frankenstein. And I ate my boyfriend. Regina thought she was punishing us by erasing who we were, but I think she underestimated how much crap we wanted to forget."

"Yeah."

"But... We can't let it stop us. She gave us a chance to start over, and I want to take it. I think you should, too."

"I wasn't such a bad guy, you know. I wanted to bring life back. But he never got over our mother. If I could've just brought her back-"

"That guy in the hospital - someone keeps calling for him. Maybe a wife, a mother. Maybe, there's still some stuff you can fix."

---

Regina and Cora were in Regina's car. Regina was driving and Cora was in the passenger's seat.

"Nervous?" Regina asked.

"Not about owning up to what I've done," Cora replied. "It's just... These carriages are strange. And something is irritating me..." She pulled out Henry's handprint craft. "Oh. For Mommy. Oh, that used to be you."

"When were you in my house?"

"I haven't had the pleasure."

"That was in my house. Think I don't know where that was? That's my most treasured possession."

"Well, let's be honest. Taking me to be pilloried by the town might gain you some points, but as long as Emma and her parents are here, he's not really yours. Not like he was when he made things for his one and only mommy. You've been too bad for too long, and now he sees you as a... A snake. You don't want his love at all. What do you want?"

"My son back." She pulled the car over in a deserted parking lot.

"And I want my daughter back. I meant everything I said earlier. I am so sorry. I can do better. I won't push you away again. Let me into your heart. Together, we can get them back again."

Regina leaned across the seat and put her head on Cora's shoulder. Cora embraced her.

"How?" Regina wondered.

"Oh, I have a few thoughts," Cora answered.

---

Dr. Whale and Ruby arrived back at the hospital where Emma and company were still waiting in the lobby.

"You're back," Emma and Jackie said. "Finally."

Dr. Whale smiled. "I don't know why everyone was so worried. I was just stretching my legs. Now I'm going to go do this thing."

Jackie nodded with a small smile. "All seems well. Excellent."

A LAND WITHOUT COLOR - PAST

Victor entered Gerhardt's cell.

Gerhardt sat in silence as Victor said? "Gerhardt? My brother? I was trying to bring you back. Are you here? Gerhardt? Gerhardt?" When he placed his hand on Gerhardt's shoulder, Gerhardt reacted violently. He threw Victor onto the ground and began to strangle him, but stopped when he recognizes his brother.

"Vic...tor?" Gerhardt asked slowly.

"Yes. Yes, it's me."

He took his hand off of Victor's neck and scrambled to the corner of the cell, grabbing his head. Victor took out a pistol and slowly made his way to Gerhardt. He pointed the gun at his head, but then lowered it. Gerhardt, realizing Victor's intentions, grabbed Victor's hand and aimed the gun at his forehead.

Once again, Victor lowered the gun and said, "No. I won't do it. I will still save you. Father is wrong. I will find a way."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - HOSPITAL

Dr. Whale met Ruby in the hallway and asked, "Where are there?"

"Getting coffee from the machine," Ruby replied. "What's the verdict?"

"He'll live."

"You did it?"

"Thank you. Monster to monster."

"You did it!"

They entered the lobby where Emma and company had returned.

"He's going to make it?" David asked.

"He's got some recuperating ahead of him - a few weeks, maybe - but yes. He's going to live," Dr. Whale told them.

"Thank goodness," Mary Margaret said.

"Or me."

"Telling you right now, this will come to no good," Leroy warned.

"Quiet, Leroy," David instructed.

"I want to talk to him," Emma said.

"He's waking up now," Dr. Whale informed.

"Already?" Ruby questioned.

"I waited a couple of hours to tell you in case he, you know, keeled over. But so far, so good."

"All right, then," Mary Margaret decided.

"Well, let's talk to him," David suggested.

"We're not walking to him as a group," Emma told them. "We're not a group Sheriff."

Mary Margaret frowned. "But, we've been doing this together."

"We're trying to convince this guy this place is normal. In a normal town, the Sheriff goes in and asks a few questions. She doesn't bring her parents in with her."

"That's probably true," David agreed.

"We'll be right here, then," Mary Margaret replied.

Jackie nodded. "Tell us of anything that piques your worry, lass."

Emma left to talk to Greg.

---

Mr. Gold handed Belle, who was still bedridden, the chipped cup. "I know you don't remember, but just... Indulge me. Please. Be careful with it."

Belle took the proffered cup. "It's a... It's a cup."

"Yeah."

"It's... It's damaged."

"Just... look at it. Focus. It's your talisman."

"It's a cup."

"You dropped it... In my castle. You were afraid that you had angered me."

"Okay, here. You... You need to go and take your cup, okay?" She tried handing the cup back, but he refused to take it.

"No, no, no, no. I... I charmed it. If you focus, it will work. It's magic."

"Okay, just go away. S-stop talking about magic, and take your cup." Belle, again, tried pushing the cup back to Mr. Gold.

"Just look at it."

Frustrated, Belle took the cup and threw it against the wall. It shattered onto the floor. "Just go. Just go away."

"I'm sorry..." he left the room, glancing at the broken cup on his way out.

---

Emma entered Greg's room.

"Nurse?" Greg called.

"Sheriff Swan, actually," Emma corrected.

"I'm thirsty."

She handed him a glass of water with a straw. She set a bag of his belongings next to the bed before saying, "Here. I have your personal effects. I'm just going to put them here, okay? So, Mr. Mendell, I wanted to talk to you about the accident."

"Did I hit somebody? Oh, my God, I hit someone. Is he okay? Was that woman who ran to him okay?"

"Don't worry about him. I mean, the... The damage was pretty minor. The woman is fine."

"Oh, thank God."

"But, I do need you to state what happened in your own words - what you did, what you saw."

"Well, I... I didn't see anything. I-"

"Well, you were driving."

"Yeah, I mean... I saw the road, of course."

"I just think I might be able to put your mind at ease. There might be... and explanation if you saw-"

"I was texting."

"Oh."

"I looked down, just for a second. And when I looked back up, he was... He was right there. And he was too close to avoid, but I... I know that it's not legal in Maine."

"It's okay. I'm just glad that you... Were honest with me."

"So, no charges?"

"No. No charges. I will let you go with a warning this time."

"Thank you. So when... When can I head home?"

"As soon as the doctor clears you. We don't want to keep you."

She left the room and headed to the lobby, where everyone was nervously waiting.

"He didn't see nothing?" Leroy asked.

"Free and clear," Emma replied.

"Oh, good," Mary Margaret stated.

"Now maybe, things can calm down for ten minutes and we can catch our breath," David said in a hopeful tone.

Jackie tilted her head and snuck away to Greg's room. He had to have seen something. She'd had her fair share of lies and odd occurrences, so she wanted to make sure Greg truly had seen nothing.

---

At his shop, Mr. Gold took out the white 'globe' that Cora had given him. He pricked his finger on the point on the top and a drop of blood dripped onto the globe. The globe began glowing and rotating. A red map of the world started to appear, with one point in particular standing out from the map.

"Bae," Mr. Gold called.

---

Henry ran down the stairs to greet Emma, Mary Margaret and David. They sat for breakfast.

"You were out all night," Henry said. "Where were you? Granny wouldn't tell me anything. Did I miss it all?"

"Cereal okay?" David asked.

"Yeah," Emma replied.

"Rumpelstiltskin and Captain Hook had a fight and someone got hurt," Mary Margaret explained. "Jackie was there too, trying to stop it."

"We weren't sure if Dr. Frankenstein could fix him, but he did."

"Doctor?" Henry repeated. "Oh... That's who Whale is."

"Yeah, but without the neck bolts."

"The monster had the bolts, not the doctor."

"Right, but either way, some of us having known him... It's weird."

"It's not weird," Mary Margaret said. "We're past it. We were cursed."

"What are you talking about?" Henry asked.

"Nothing," David replied.

"Wait."

"Really, it's nothing," Mary Margaret said.

Henry left for a moment and lifted his pillow to reveal his book.

He returned to the adults with his book and said, "Frankenstein isn't in here. It's not even a fairytale. That means it comes from another land with different stories."

"Eat," Emma ordered. "I really want to go to bed."

Henry stared at her. "If the curse went to places with other stories, then who knows who else is in this town?"

There was a knock at the door. Emma went to answer it, but Mr. Gold let himself in first.

"Gold," Emma said. "We've all had a long night."

"You remember that favor you and Miss Sparrow owe me, Miss Swan?" Mr. Gold asked.

"Yeah."

"I'm cashing it in."

"It's not... A good..."

"You do honor your agreements, don't you? I need to find someone, so we're leaving today. Pack your bag."

"Leaving?" Mary Margaret asked.

"W-where?" Henry wondered.

Emma frowned. "Wait. Find someone? Who?"

"My son," Mr. Gold replied. "It has to be today, because every minute I'm here, is a minute closer to me killing Hook. So it's really best for all concerned if I leave, and you're going to come with me. Oh, and, um, we have a long history. So know this, and know it to be true. If any harm comes to Belle while I'm gone, I'm killing all of you. I'll see you at noon. Let Miss Sparrow know."

---

Jackie stood outside Greg's room, put of sight from the doorway.

Greg was still in his room at the hospital. He grabbed his bag of belongings off the table and took out his cell phone. Checking that the coast was clear, he dialed a number.

He spoke into the phone. "Honey? I... I... I know. Just wait. Wait. Just listen. Okay? Yes, I'm okay. I... I was in an accident. And, honey... You're not going to believe what I saw."

Jackie frowned and whispered, "What are you hiding, lad? What do you know about our little town?"

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

4.5K 217 17
Emma Swan was just born when her parents left her on the side of the freeway. Or so she thought. Killian Jones lost his mother at a very young age, a...
15.3K 732 24
" JUST A TWIST IN FATE. " -------Killian Jones x Oc! Georgia / Giselle .• Georgia always felt weird in New York, she lived near her best friend...
18.8K 460 47
Henrietta Wilma "Indiana" (Indy) Jones craves adventure and seeks it out as often as she can. But one adventure takes her far beyond her wildest ima...
28.4K 1.2K 20
Book 1 of the One of You series (Y/n) Adler and her twin sister Emma Swan never thought that fairy tales were a thing to take seriously. Abandoned as...