Shifted | Marvel

By SirNickFlurry

Shifting (verb) "The act of moving one's consciousness from this current reality (CR) to one's desired realit... More

β˜…π‘Ίπ’‰π’Šπ’‡π’•π’†π’…β˜…
S.H.I.E.L.D file (2010)
1. Son of Coul and Patchy (2010)
2. Trypanophobia (2010)
3. Randy's Donuts (2010)
4. New Mexico (2010)
5. Keeping up with the Odinsons (2010)
6. Agent Romanoff (2010)
7. Meow, meow (2010)
S.H.I.E.L.D file (2012)
8. Friends close, enemies closer (2012)
10. Loki (2012)
11. What's his play? (2012)
12. The fight on the bridge (2012)
13. Suit up (2012)
14. Assemble (2012)
15. Final battle (2012)

9. Assembling (2012)

42 3 1
By SirNickFlurry

Two weeks later.

(First person POV)

"Nat left for Russia, got called by Coulson. He said 'yo, wanna kick some god-level ass?' Apparently, Loki, God of Misschief, got out of his ice cube and hypnotised some agents. And then Nat said 'yeah sure, lemme get some extra muscles on the team', and went to talk to Bruce Banner. After that, Coulson went to talk to the rich guy -you knew his dad- and then Fury came to talk to you, and now we're here."

I finish my story and smile at the blonde man sitting on the other side of the plane, who's clearly trying to put all the pieces together.

"And, uh, what are you doing here? 'Cause you seem - what, thirteen?" Steve Rogers asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well actually, grandpa, I'm fifteen, thanks a lot. And I'm moral support. I'm gonna be the one they'll call 'the coolest Avenger'."

He nods frowning his forehead.

"And I also have a cat at home. His name is Souchi ... he's the main character in all this." I add, keeping a straight face as Steve looks at me in utter confusion.

"Fury said I couldn't bring him, but that's just because he's scared of him."

"The Director is scared of your cat?" He asks, his confusion only growing bigger.

"Yeah, definitely,"

"However clear your explanation was," Coulson says looking from me to Steve. "Captain, please have a look at this."

Phil hands him a tablet, and Steve looks at it in surprise, never having seen such a weird looking piece of technology. That feeling quickly makes place for seriousness, as he takes in all the information on the tablet.

It takes him a couple of minutes before he speaks again.
"So Bruce Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me?" Steve asks to Coulson, who had been talking to the pilot.

"He wasn't the only one," Phil replies. "You were the world's very first superhero."

Phil starts explaining what and how and why, but I can only focus on the clip of the Hulk wrecking a car, 'cause man, that's scary.

"The guy's like a Stephen Hawking," Phil says, also looking at the video.

Steve looks at Coulson in confusion, clearly not knowing who Stephen Hawking is.

"He's like- a smart person,"

Steve nods lightly as he returns his gaze to the screen.

Phils face softens and he stands up a little straighter.

"I gotta say, it's an honour to meet you," he says, with a tiny smile on his lips. "Officially."

Steve smiles back as Coulson starts making it awkward.

"I've sort of met you. I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping."

Steves expression turns a little concerned and he quickly glances at me before he gets up, but Coulson still keeps talking.

"I mean, I was present while you were unconcious from the ice," Phil looks at me, and I gesture him to shut up, as it's starting to become creepy.

"I hope I'm the man for the job," Steve says, as he looks out the window.

"Uh, you are. Absolutely."

I get up as Coulson starts about the new suit they made for Steve. He was so proud he had his own input he could barely stop smiling. I reach to grab the back of one of the pilots' chair as the plane takes a left turn and I lose balance. I stumble to the right side of the plane and bump against the wall.

Two heads turn to look at me as I get up and wipe off my black t-shirt.

"Well that hurt like a motherfu-" I don't finish my sentence as I see the nearly panicked look on Steve's.

"Sorry Cap. For you, I'll watch my language." I say with a two-eyed wink.

He gives a light chuckle as the pilot  tells us that we've arrived.

I look between the two men and see that we're about to land down the Helicarrier.

"Well, that's massive," Steve Rogers says as he looks at the giant battleship in front of us.

I try to hold my laugh but fail, so I make a funny, snort-like noice. Phil looks at me with a half-amused, half-annoyed expression. He's all too familiar with my 'that's what she said' jokes.

We land down the helicarrier and the ramp goes down and the fresh air brushes through our hair. I immediately notice Natasha walking towards us. She also notices me and her lips instantly curl up into a smile.

"Glad to see you didn't get killed by the zlyye russkiye."
'the evil russians'

She scoffs and turns to greet the Captain.

"Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers," Phil introduces Nat to Steve.

"Ma'am," Steve says with a nod.

"Hi," Nat responds. She turns to Coulson. "They need you on the bridge," she tells him.

"See you there," he says, as he walks away. 

Nat and Steve start talking about the vintage trading cards but I am not listening, as I notice the man nervously looking at the people around him.

"Oh my god!" I yell as I run to doctor Banner. "Nat! Nat! Look who it is, there's my favorite green boy!" He turns to me with a quite scared look on his face. Natasha and Steve join us and they greet Bruce, who seems to get even more nervous.

"Word is you can find the cube?" Steve asks.

"Is that the only word on me?" I'm almost overflowing with happiness. I'm meeting 'The Avengers'.

"Only word I care about," Steve says, and it seems to calm Bruce down a little bit.

As both men keep talking Nat looks down the edge of the helicarrier and takes my shoulder.
"Gentlemen, you might wanna step aside for a moment, it's gonna get hard to breath," she alarms them.

"Is this a submarine?" Steve asks, looking to Nat and me.

Bruce looks fearfully at Steve. "Really? They gonna put me in a submerged, pressurized metal container?"

They both look at the lift fans that appeared and quickly step back as the helicarrier lifts into the air.

"Oh no, this is much worse!" Bruce yells as he and Steve follow me and Natasha.

We walk through a double door and enter the bridge of the ship where dozens of agents sit in front of viewscreens. Others walk around and yell instructions at each other.  I see Maria turn to Fury, who stands in the middle of the flurry of activity. He really likes being in the middle of everything.

"Hello Nicholas," I say as I step towards the director.

"If you call me that ever again, I will personally take you back to where you came from," he says.
That really is one of his favorite things to say.

I turn back around with a silent "okay" and look at Steve and Bruce. They're both looking around in awe.

"Gentlemen," Fury greets them. He walks towards Steve and takes the ten dollar bill he hands him. As Steve walks to the control panel Fury was just standing at, I see Maria take him in, from head to toe. Well, I mean, who wouldn't.

As Fury talks to Bruce, I walk towards Natasha, who's looking at a viewscreen showing a picture of Clint.

"He's gonna be fine," I assure her. "I promise." She smiles sadly. She knows that it's not a false promise.

We both turn around as Fury calls Natasha.
"Agent Romanoff, can you show Doctor Banner to his lab, please?"

She pats my shoulder and walks towards the laboratory, Bruce following closely behind her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 9.6K 63
It's been a year since Thanos was defeated and the Avengers have settled into a seemingly normal life since then. However, new problems soon start to...
27.7K 1.6K 45
β•°β”ˆβž€ 𝑨 𝑺𝑻𝑢𝑹𝒀 𝑰𝑡 𝑾𝑯𝑰π‘ͺ𝑯, a powerful member of the earth's mightiest heroes, Avengers, finds herself living the world she desires the most w...
76.3K 2.7K 29
They're made up of trained assassins, a genius, a rather angry doctor, an Asgardian prince, a should-be ghost, and a foul-mouthed teenager. Who are t...
Magik By DeeNOss

Fanfiction

28.9K 554 44
A hero from a different timeline has to re-experience his journey to heroism as a member of the Avengers in this alternate reality, where he will hav...