Rx: Clara

By hanaripinku

Dr. Ivanov loves being a doctor. He made it his goal to make every patient happy ever since the passing of hi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Thank You!

Chapter 4

7 1 0
By hanaripinku

When the taxi dropped me off home, I saw Logan's police car in the driveway. 

Perfect.

"Logan", I called out. 

"Dimitri, go lay down, you're still sick", mom shouted out.

"I'm feeling much better mom."

"At least eat something, here."

She pushed a sandwich towards me, I took it as I looked for Logan.

"Where's Logan?"

"What do you want", he said in a groggy tone as he sat up on the couch.

He must have worked an all-nighter again.

"Dimitri you're so annoying, I thought you were sick", Sandie said. 

"I need you both to help me", I said as I sat between them.

"What am I supposed to do? I'm not a cop", she said. 

"You're not but you're a psychology major. Have you heard of a parent who makes their kid sick on purpose to take care of them?"

"What", Logan said.

"I'm serious."

"Wait! I think I have", she said as she quickly scanned through the book. "There! Munchausen syndrome by proxy...a mental condition where the caretaker, usually the mother, can cause an illness to the child because sometimes they just want to get attention."

"You know something like that going on", Logan asked.

"Yes and I need your help Logan. I have some food samples getting tested. My patient...Clara has stopped eating whatever her mom brings her. I need more evidence, like the actual products being placed in her cooking."

"You're asking me to break into her house?"

"I know you can't do that but I need a way in there."

"I may be an officer but I don't have the power to just get into anyone's house...at least not without a warrant."

"Can you get a warrant when they come back with the results?"

"Maybe, does Clara want this too?"

"Yes."

"Send me the address. After you get the results, meet me at the courthouse."

I got up.

"See you there."

I quickly gave Sandie a kiss on the head.

"Eww...I don't want your germs! Mom!"

"You're the best Sandie!"

I arrived at the hospital again. I went straight to find out the results of the samples.

"Back just in time, take a look at this", Kisara said.

"You were right", Dontay said.

"There are traces of chemicals found in your everyday household products. They are definitely the cause of her illness. The amounts are small which is why she did not die thankfully but it's been going on for over a year, and it's causing severe damage over time", Kisara said.

"That explains the seizure", I said.

"Her body can't take much more of this, her organs are extremely close to failing, actually any day now. Even though you caught this...we are still not out of the woods. I already requested that she get treatment a few minutes ago. Let's pray we are not too late", Kisara said. 

"I do that every day. I'm worried that if she does this to Clara, she might be doing this to others."

"Why do you think that", Dontay asked.

"She said she works in a senior home and that she lost a few of them, sort of joked about it actually. I have a feeling they didn't die of natural causes."

"Shit. This is some serious stuff", Dontay said. 

"It is. You guys take care of Clara. I have to go, please keep me updated."

"We will", he said. 

With the results in hand, I rushed over to the courthouse where I saw Logan waiting for me outside. 

"What's the results", he asked. 

"Positive. She's poisoning her."

"What kind of sick person does that?"

"A monster."

We went to speak to a judge Logan went to school with.

"Brice, long time no see", Logan said.

"I'm sure I saw you a few days ago Logan."

They both shared a laugh.

"On a serious note, we need your help. I need a warrant to search a house", Logan said. 

"I can't help you just because I know you Logan."

"We know that", I said. "I have evidence right here. There is a woman who is purposely poisoning her daughter for the past year. She uses household products in her cooking and gives them to her. I ate one and was immediately sick from it. We need to get into that house to see what she is using. I fear her daughter is not the only victim, She works at a group home for elders and well...she doesn't seem too sad about their passing."

Brice quickly took out a pen.

"I know I have to be unbiased but anyone would want something like that to stop. I'm granting you the warrant, I better hear you guys put an end to this."

"No problem."

We quickly arrived at Clara's home. It looked like any other home on the outside.  

"I'm calling for backup", Logan said. 

"Good."

We went to the door, Logan knocked. 

"Mrs. Marshall?"

No answer.

"Mrs. Marshall, can we have a word please? This is the police."

Still no answer.

He tried the doorknob, it was locked of course. 

"Let's see if there is a window I can get into."

We walked around to the back of the house until we found a window that was open. The smell of chemicals hit our noses. 

"You go in first, I'll cover you", Logan said as he took out his gun.

I pulled myself up into the window and over the sink. There on the counter were baking ingredients along with cleaning products. Logan joined me. I took out my phone and started taking a video. 

"This is it, she's putting that into whatever she's baking. Looks like a lot of stuff, not just for one person", I said. 

"She's giving it to others", Logan said. 

He said something on his radio as I looked around some more. A few minutes later Logan's backup arrived. They started taking pictures, fingerprints, and collecting any evidence they need. It's been a while and but there was no sign of her mother. The officers checked every inch of the house, but there was no one here. 

Suddenly my phone started to ring. 

"Dontay, hey what's up?"

"You got to get here quick! Her crazy mother is here, she said she saw the police at her house!"

"Shit!"

"She's trying to take Clara. She is allowed to take her but we are telling her she is still going through some tests. We can only keep this up for so long. Hurry!"

"I'm on my way."

I hung up. 

"Her mom is at the hospital trying to take her away. The hospital can't continue to refuse."

"We have enough evidence for an arrest", Logan said. 

"Let's go."

We rush to the hospital and ran inside. 

"Give me my daughter now or I will sue this hospital! You have no right to keep her here!"

"But ma'am. She is really sick and-"

"So what! I can take care of her myself!"

"I'm going to go around. If she sees me now, she might try something drastic", Logan whispered.

"Good plan. I'll distract her."

As Logan went around, I got her attention.

"Mrs. Marshall, I'm Dr. Ivanov, I'm the one in charge of the care of Clara. I agree with the nurses it's best if she stays here. Her condition is getting worse."

"I get that but I still want to take her home."

"Why is that?"

"That's none of your business", she snapped.

I made my way in front of Clara's room, to block her mother from entering.

"It is my business, especially when you're poisoning your own daughter."

She squinted her eyes.

"What? You're telling me I'm killing my daughter", she said with a chuckle.

"We know you put house cleaners in the food you give her. I got sick from it too, that's why I dug deeper and I found out what you're doing. The cops at your house have the evidence they need to lock you up for life."

She chuckled again. 

"So you're just breaking into people's homes. I will sue the police too."

"No need since they had a warrant."

Her smile dropped. 

"Clara needs me, she always needed me ever since I took her away from her so-called parents. Those drug addicts!"

"What", I said. 

"Mom..."

We all turned around.

"Clara...come to me, I can take you away from here, I can make sure you are safe."

"You're not my mom? Who are you", Clara sadly.

"I'm your mother Clara", she said in a calm voice.

"Who are you!?"

"I'm the one who saved your damn life! You don't get to shout at me!"

"What happened to my parents?"

"You're heroin addict parents? Your father who pimped my sister? Yeah...those people...I killed them. There were not taking care of you. They were a waste of space!"

"No!"

"Now come!"

Her mother stepped closer. I moved Clara behind me.

"She's not going with you, never again", I said. 

She smirked.

"If you say so, doctor."

She pulled out a gun. Some of the staff ran away while the others backed off. She kept the gun pointed at me.

"Give me my daughter and no one gets hurt."

"Not going to happen", I said, glaring down at her.

"Clara, if you come with me I won't kill anyone. If you don't, their death will be all your  fault."

I was scared Clara was going to give in.

"You already killed people. I rather die than go with you!"

That was the last straw. The next moment I heard a gunshot and a sting right in my shoulder followed by the sound of another gunshot. I fell backward, Clara barely caught me as she fell with me. 

"Dimitri!"

"Suspect down, repeat, suspect down."

The other gunshot was from Logan.

"Clara I'm sorry...I had to-", Logan started to say.

"It's okay officer, it's okay. Please help him...somebody help him", Clara cried. 

Logan crouched down.

"Little brother saving big brother", he said.

"Ha...I owe you one."

"Just live. I'll take that as payment", he said. 

The last thing I remember was being placed on a stretcher and rushed off. I was smiling the whole way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 198 52
With unexpected circumstances Sara has to marry the man who she never meet and knows nothing about. Aman who is mature and have enough diligence and...
6.6K 1.3K 38
Mara Dawson is a shy, kind, caring and a beautiful person inside out. Spending all her life alone being an orphan she didn't believed that she was lo...
Noah By Bre

Romance

91.5K 2.4K 19
18+ MATURE CONTENT Doctor Noah Westbrook. I'm young, and successful. I have everything and anything I could want, but there's something missing from...
203K 6.5K 23
"𝐎𝐡, 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥...