Always His | (Book 3) 18+

By thenuggiequeen

BOOK THREE OF THE BLACK SERIES *this book CANNOT be read as a stand-alone* -- "Get the hell off of me, Lucian... More

***description***
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
epilogue

thirty one

20K 702 176
By thenuggiequeen

AMELIA
**
***
*****

I didn't realize how cold it was until I started shaking... unless that was the nerves of nearly being shot in the head over ten times in the last ten days finally kicking in after so long. I made sure to keep my eyes closed, my breathing picking up with each second.

I felt a hand brush against my arm before my chair was pulled back into its upright position. I flinched away when the hand cupped my cheek, then ripped the tape off of my mouth.

Okay, this isn't Ethan.

"Don't touch me," I hissed quietly, turning my head away. They widened when I looked up into two familiar green eyes. "Holy shit..."

A wide smile spread across Lucian's face and he didn't hesitate to go behind me, cutting the rope from my wrists. Once he got to the front and cut the toes around my ankles, I pushed out of the ropes and shakily stood to my feet. A heavy blanket was thrown over me before a pair of arms wrapped around me, pulling me close.

"Where'd they hurt you?" He asked, cupping my cheeks and turning my head back gently. He inspected my face and neck, then his face went blank at the redness I knew was there from Ethan. "Who did this?"

My closed eyes opened and met his patient stare. "Ethan."

"Ethan?" He repeated. "You mean the little shit that used to work for me?"

I nodded, closing my eyes again. Exhaustion was finally setting in and it was happening fast. If I didn't sit down I was going to pass out standing.

Thankfully, Lucian noticed. He lifted me up carefully and held onto the back of my thighs while I wrapped my legs around his waist. My head fell against the crook of his neck and my eyes closed.

"Are they dead?" I asked quietly, looping my arms around Lucian's neck.

"That's not up to me to decide, unfortunately," Lucian responded. "I told the guys they can work that part out. Kian and everything he built should he destroyed by the time they make it back to the city either way."

I sighed with relief, closing my eyes and allowing the silence to consume us. Lucian rubbed my back slowly, kissing different areas of my shoulder.

"FBI and the SWAT team took down his cartel and almost every man who worked there," he continued, slowly walking up the basement stairs. "They're all on a bus to head to a prison as we speak."

Lucian paused his speaking once we got upstairs and I looked up at his conflicted face.

"Did they—?"

"The most I got was a slap to the face," I assured him with a smile. "I'm okay. Don't forget my crazy uncle tried to have me killed at nine. Nothing really scares me after that."

Lucian kissed my cheek, walking out of the house with me in his arms. He put me in the front seat before walking to the other side of the car and getting in. I pursed my lips when he didn't start it up, only staring ahead of us.

"I thought he killed you," he mumbled. "God, I went fucking insane the day you disappeared. The only thing that went through my mind as we were looking was a damn prayer that I wouldn't be finding a corpse."

I frowned when he squeezed his eyes shut, resting his head back. I leaned over and held his cheek, kissing it. Lucian opened his eyes and turned to look at me and only then did I realize how terrible he looked; large eye bags, red eyes, messy hair... he looked like he was a zombie.

"What matters now is that this is finally over," I replied softly, getting back in my seat. I shivered under the blankets and Lucian didn't hesitate to start the car up. Heat blasted against my freezing body. "How long was I gone?"

"About four days." We drove off, farther and farther from the house, and my body felt like a weight was lifted from it. I could finally relax. "I would have gone crazy looking for you had it not been for the necklace."

"The... necklace?" My eyebrows pushed together and I moved my hand to my empty neck. I frowned at the thought of never finding the necklace after it was taken from me. "You put a tracker on me, didn't you?"

"I had to make sure that if Kian ever did manage to get to you, I'd make sure I had a way to get you."

I opened my mouth to immediately snap something but it diminished the second I breathed in. I thought over what he said, then smiled.

"I get it," I said, turning my body so I could rest my head on his shoulder. "I would have done the same."

Lucian grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles. "I'm just glad you're okay, alive and with me."

I looked at his hands and smiled widely when dangling in his hand was the necklace. I went to take it but Lucian pulled it back last second, pulling the car to the side of the abandoned road and gesturing with his finger for me to turn around. I did so immediately and lifted my hair to the side, feeling the metal against my neck as he put it on me. I held it in my hand and sighed with relief.

"Poor Ren couldn't stop crying after you were taken," Lucian told me with a slight smile. "All of the guys have been blaming themselves for not being close enough to you when everything happened."

I frowned. "Are they all okay?"

"They're fine. Xavier was there to give them a lecture." Lucian made a left and started picking up speed on the road. "The next town over has a few diners. We need to get something in that stomach of yours."

***

Once we got back home after a long ten-hour drive, I slept. I don't know how long I slept but I do know that when I woke up the sun was just starting to come down. That's a plus in my eyes since it's not completely dark.

I rolled around in the bed, stretching my arm out and looking for Lucian. He chuckled quietly and I pulled myself to him when he was within reach. I rested my head on his lap, closing my eyes again.

"This is the most you've moved in twenty hours," Lucian mused.

"Well I—twenty hours? I've been asleep for that long?"

Lucian hummed, nodding. "Hungry?"

I nodded, stretching.

"There's breaded chicken and potatoes beside you," he said. "It's still warm since I made it not long ago."

I sat up and stretched. When I blew into my hand, my eyes squeezed shut and I held back a gag. Horrendous.

"I'm going to take another shower first," I told him, kissing his cheek.

I headed to the washroom and put the water on, quickly brushing my teeth as the water warmed up. After that, I stripping down to nothing and carefully stepped inside, sighing as the warm water rained down against my skin. I closed my eyes and I smiled, tilting my head back and letting the water freely fall down my face.

I jumped when the shower door opened, watching Lucian slip in and close it again. He stepped closer to me and I wrapped my arms around his neck, staring up at him.

"It took not even two minutes for you to follow me," I teased.

Lucian grinned. "I'll always take the opportunity to shower with my beautiful fiancée."

I chuckled and tilted my head back right as he leaned down. Our lips met briefly and Lucian pulled me closer immediately, gripping my hair with one hand.

"I missed you so fucking much," he murmured once he pulled away, grabbing my hand and kissing my engagement ring.

"I missed you," I replied, kissing him again. "It seems like you were more scared for me than I was."

Lucian wrapped his arm around the small of my back.

"If I ever lost you I don't know what I'd do with myself," he said, kissing my forehead next. He cupped my cheeks and rubbed my cheekbones with his thumbs. "You're my entire world, Amelia. If I lose you then I lose everything I am."

I stared up at him with a soft smile, getting on my toes and kissing him gently. "I'm not going anywhere, Lucian."

"I know," he sighed. He rested his forehead on mine. "I love you."

I smiled. "I love you more."

Lucian smiled and opened his eyes. With his hands still on my cheeks, he leaned down, pressing our lips together.

***

The next morning, Ren barged into our bedroom with tears streaming down his cheeks. Lucian tried to convince him to let me sleep more but we both knew I had gotten plenty of sleep. Besides, we barely slept last night because we were rather busy.

"Have you two talked about wedding plans yet?" Ren asked, taking a small chunk of the cookie dough I had worked so hard to make.

"Not really," I said. "We did agree to have it across the lake out back though, to keep the memories with the house."

He nodded, smiling. "I like that. Something cute and small, I presume?"

"Yeah," I agreed with a grin. "You'll finally get to meet my mom and sister-in-law. They're coming over next week to help start planning the wedding."

Ren bounced from beside me and I laughed.

"I never thought I'd see the day Lucian got married," Ren said, assisting in rolling the cookie dough into balls. "He's changed so much in the last few months because of you."

I felt a smile make its way onto my face. "I'm glad. I mean, we've both done some pretty stupid things in our past relationship but I'm thankful for how much we matured while we were apart."

Ren nodded. "It's really shown. You have a good effect on him, I'll tell you that much. You gave him a reason to want to live."

I gave him a small smile and continued rolling the balls in a comfortable silence. The front door opened and I looked in its direction, smiling when Lucian and Xavier walked in with bags upon bags looped through their arms. Lucian walked into the kitchen and brought his lips to mine, humming.

"How much cookie dough have you eaten?" He teased, pecking my lips again.

"Not much," I lied with a smile. I peeked in the bags. "What'd you get?"

"Nothing you won't see when I take it out," he chuckled, kissing my head. "I did get you some hot chocolate, though."

I grinned widely and pecked his lips. "Thank you."

Lucian smiled and him and Xavier began to unpack the groceries, talking about the football game they watched. I glanced at Ren as he put the cookie dough on a tray and I could feel my smile grow twice as earlier.

I helped Ren with the cookies and put the tray in the oven. Ren didn't hesitate to run into the living room and jump on the couch, switching the channel to Netflix.

"I'll finish the rest," I told Xavier as he continued emptying the bag. "Watch some TV."

Xavier grunted and muttered "Bossy" under his breath before following Ren. I turned to Lucian immediately and kissed his cheek repeatedly. He chuckled and looked at me.

"What're you grinning about?" Lucian questioned, smiling.

I looked up at him, returning his smile. "We're finally home."

Lucian raised an eyebrow and leaned down, pressing his lips to mine with a smile. "We're finally home."

*****
***
**

WORD COUNT: 1961

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 855 52
___________________________ "You were mine the second you put your signature on that contract." He looked at me with pure lust and dominance in his...
504K 22.3K 49
Book 1 He was cast to the edges of his clan. His father could not stand to even look at him. His baby sister probably didn't even know he was her b...
265K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...
348K 10.3K 53
Book one of the temptation series AND ISN'T A STANDALONE ❦︎𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨�...