The Return | Zombies Sequel [...

By MinariStan

The zombies return 20 years after the first incident. Will the sons and daughters of past survivors live thro... More

Chapter 1: Regrets
Chapter 2: The Beginning
Chapter 3: The Hotel
Chapter 4: Downfall
Chapter 5: Downfall [2]
Chapter 6: Downfall [3]
Chapter 7: Downfall [4]
Chapter 8: Broken
Chapter 9: The Recording
Chapter 10: Surviving
Chapter 11: Progress
Chapter 12: Break in
Chapter 13: Friends
Chapter 14: The Stray Kid
Chapter 15: The Video
Chapter 16: Stories
Chapter 17: Hope
Chapter 18: Saved
Chapter 19: Run
Chapter 20: Ride
Chapter 21: I like you.
Chapter 22: Alive
Chapter 23: Fixed
Chapter 24: Reunion
Chapter 25: New and Old Friends
Chapter 26: Normal
Chapter 27: Lunch
Chapter 28: Picnic
Chapter 29: Comfy
Chapter 30: Gifts
Chapter 31: Dinner

Epilogue

611 39 57
By MinariStan

{Wrote an epilogue just to answer some questions and to thank everyone for reading this book. It makes me so proud and happy seeing all the comments and reaction. Thank you for giving this a chance! I tried to answer as much questions with this one and this is probably it for this book. Once again, thank you and I really appreciate everyone who enjoyed and read this book ❤️}

6 years later...

"You don't like mint chocolate chip?"

Kai replies, "I do. It's just I'm not used to people liking it." Yuna giggles, "Right, it's a weird taste." Kai then turns to the ice cream vendor, "2 please." They receive their ice cream cones as the two walk along the park. It's been 5 years since the 2nd zombie apocalypse attacked and Korea recovered quickly. After almost 3 years, things were running normally again.

Kai and Yuna were finishing up college but it was their Spring break so they decided to go on a date. They walked hand in hand as Kai sighs, "We don't get days like this anymore, huh?" Yuna nods as she licks the ice cream, "School. School. School. Times like this, I miss the apocalypse." Kai chuckles and playfully tugs her arm, "Don't say that. It was scary." Yuna smiles, "Well, the memories were great. Those memories of us running the halls and exploring the hotel are core memories for me." Kai smiles, "Yeah, those were the fun times."

Yuna smiles, "And we fell in love during the apocalypse! It's strange, a lot of relationships were formed. It's almost as if we were in some romantic book." Kai smiles, "Yeah, but don't forget the scary parts. Like when Jungkook and--" Kai pauses and says, "Hey isn't that Tzuyu?"

Yuna looks ahead to see Tzuyu laying under a tree staring off at the sky. Yuna nods her head as she walks faster leading Kai by his hand.

"Tzuyu unnie!"

Tzuyu sits up and looks to the side and smiles, "Hey." Yuna smiles, "We haven't seen you in years! You know.. with the rebuilding and school, we never got to meet up." Tzuyu smiles at them, "Sorry about that. It looks like you two got really close." Kai raises his hand intertwined with Yuna's, "Yep, we thank you for that one. We really wanted to pay you back, we can get you dinner with Jungkook." Yuna nods, "We insist! We can catch up too!"

Tzuyu sighs and stares off in the sky, "Ahh, Jungkook... I miss him." Yuna and Kai freeze. Kai threads dangerous waters when he asks, "S-sorry... did something happen to him?" Tzuyu face saddens, "He's dead."

Yuna and Kai's eyes widen.

Suddenly, a hand pinches Tzuyu's cheek causing her to wince, "Are you still mad?" Yuna and Kai turn to see Jungkook in panic. Tzuyu caresses her cheek, "It's almost like I can still hear his voice." Jungkook stares at her in disbelief and playfully pinches her cheek again. He smiles at the two, "Great seeing you two are doing well. Ignore her, I forgot to feed her dogs for one day and she acts like I'm a murderer. Dinner sounds great." Yuna and Kai smile, "Awesome."

...

"Marriage."

"Marry her."

"Marry her."

"We want grandkids."

"Marry her, Taehyun."

Taehyun sits down in irritation. He comes to visit his parents and this is how he's greeted. He says, "Mom. Dad. Chaeryeong doesn't  want kids yet and I don't too. We talked about this a hundred times. And if you want so many grandkids then why did you only make one kid!?"

Taehyung and Sana exchange glances causing Taehyun to blush, "No, it was a joke. You're both like 50. Don't get any ideas." Taehyung and Sana then turn back to Taehyun. Sana insists, "If you ask her to marry you, she won't say no." Taehyung says, "And the honeymoon is where the magic happens."

Taehyun stands up and says, "I'm 23 and you two still gross me out. Why do you even want grandkids?" Sana pouts, "It's getting lonely here and we miss having kids." Taehyung smiles, "Imagine going on walks with our grandkids. Spoiling them with presents? Oh my, we can have larger family pictures."

ding dong

Taehyun stands, "That's Chae, I'm off." Taehyung stands, "Let us greet her!" Taehyun points at his dad, "No, I will fight you."

"Hi Chaeeee!"

Taehyun glances to his side to see his mom already gone and greeting Chaeryeong at the door. He facepalms as Taehyung joins her. Chaeryeong hugs them both and asks, "How's Tae?"

Sana pouts and says cutely, "He's a bit nervous. He wants to marry you but can't find the strength to do it." Chaeryeong's eyes widen, "What?" Taehyung says, "How are you Chaeryeong?"

Chaeryeong smiles, "Perfect! I just finished a gig with my sister and I wanted to see Tae." Taehyung smiles, "That's awesome. Ever thought of having children?" Chaeryeong's eyes widen again as Taehyun pushes both his parents away and walks out then shuts the door. He smiles at Chaeryeong and says, "The usual."

Chaeryeong chuckles and gives him a tight hug and a peck on the cheek. She says, "They get me flustered every time." Taehyun says, "Me too... I think they're just bored, I should get them into different hobbies." Chaeryeong smiles, "How are you?" Taehyun shrugs his shoulder, "A bit stressed."

Chaeryeong sighs, "Tell me about it, did you get your suit?" Taehyun shakes his head, "Your dress?" She also shakes her head. Taehyun takes a hold of her hand and says, "Then lets grab some lunch, walk off the calories, then go shopping?" Chaeryeong smiles at him with excitement, "Sounds perfect."

...

"Mmmmmh."

Beomgyu frowns hearing Ryujin groan as he turns to side.

"Mmmmmmhhhh."

His eyes open in irritation as he sit up and turns to his side to Ryujin frowning in her sleep. Beomgyu carefully places his hand on her cheek, "Hey? Are you okay?" Ryujin stays quiet then opens her mouth to speak. But she didn't speak, instead Ryujin bit onto Beomgyu's hand.

Beomgyu stared at her unamused as Ryujin smiles with his hand still in her mouth. He takes his other hand and taps her forehead and she replies by opening her jaw. He asks, "What were you humming about?" Ryujin whispers, "You're taking the blanket again." Beomgyu looks down to see the entire blanket around him. He says, "Sorry, it's a small blanket. My feet have been dangling at the edge." Ryujin chuckles, "Yeah... it is my childhood bed."

The two were staying at Ryujin's parents house. They were in town along with the rest of their friend group for Yeji and Yeonjun's wedding. The two suddenly hear a knock on their door as Mina says, "We made breakfast if you're hungry."

Ryujin replies, "We're coming down!" Beomgyu groans as he stretches and sits up, "Shower?" She smirks with her sleepy eyes and slowly goes to the end of the bed to hug Beomgyu. She pecks his lips and whispers, "Brush your teeth." Beomgyu playfully gags and says, "You too." The two stand and leave Ryujin's bedroom to be greeted by a loud living room.

"Chan, you didn't have to!"

Ryujin and Beomgyu exchange glances as they hear Jeongin's voice, "I told he didn't have to but he insisted." Somi adds, "I also have some Dutch chocolates too. My parents wanted to give you something."

Mina smiles and says, "Tell them I said thank you. I'll be on a trip to Japan in a week and I'll get them something back. Wasn't there one more of you?" Somi smiles, "Ahh, Hyunjin is with Yeji. Her parents wanted to get family pictures in before her big day."

"Ahem."

Somi turns to see Ryujin who just woke up in the top of the stairs. Somi's eyes brighten as Ryujin runs on down to give her a hug. Ryujin says, "I didn't know you were visiting." Somi hugs her back, "It's not for long. I'm just here for the wedding then I have to leave back to Canada."

Beomgyu greets Chan and Jeongin. Chan smiles, "I see this house is more packed than before, how are you Beomgyu?" Beomgyu smiles, "You know just doing this and that. It's a bit cramped in Ryujin's room though and the walls are thin." Jeongin punches his arm, "Gross. That's my sister and we have an air mattress in the garage if you're that uncomfortable." Beomgyu chuckles, "Yeah that sounds great. Where's you dad by the way?"

Jeongin replies, "Just crying in the kitchen." Beomgyu chuckles, "Oh okay— Wait what? Is he okay?" Beomgyu replies, "Oh yeah. It's just the invitation to Yeji and Yeonjun's wedding came up in the mail and he started imagining a future when he gets grandkids then he remembered the time he married Mina then had me then had Ryujin... He gets carried away with his emotions."

Beomgyu chuckles and says, "Maybe I'll get him some coffee and talk about something that doesn't make him cry." Jeongin smiles, "How are your parents? They recover well after the apocalypse?" Beomgyu smiles, "Oh yeah, they're doing great. Ryujin and I visited them not too long ago and we helped them with the house and get settled. They didn't want her to leave, hahaha. But they wanted me gone... but that's beside the point."

Chan smiles, "And are your suits ready?" Beomgyu nods and says, "Ryujin helped me pick it out and we have to get it at the dry cleaners."

The rest continued to catch up as Jimin approaches Mina and hugs her from the back. He kisses her neck and whispers, "I'm so glad, you're not a zombie." Mina turns her head and bites his jaw while saying, "Rawrrr... Grrrr." Jimin chuckles and moves to kiss her neck.

"Get a room, you two."

Everyone stares at them as Jimin leans his head on Mina's shoulder, "When did we get so old..." Mina replies, "We're not that old... we just got kids at too young an age."

...

"Momo, we've been over this a hundred times. But I'll go over again just so you remember. Yeonjun and Yeji were rescued by Chaeyoung and Yoongi in the second apocalypse. They then were trapped in a building and fell in love, just like a couple you know... Anyway! They then ran into Chan, Hyunjin, and Somi."

"That's her brother right?"

"Yes! Hyunjin is her twin brother. Chan was a zombie and Somi was their friend."

"Okay!"

"Then they made it to the hotel where Jin and I saved the day, like usual. Understand?"

"Mhmmm"

Nayeon says, "Now tell Hobi this because you're gonna need it once the wedding happens."

"Wait, Hobi has a question."

Momo hands the phone to Hoseok who asks, "Why are we invited if we don't know them at all?"

Nayeon replies, "Because they're getting married on the anniversary of the first apocalypse! We have our event planned five days after the wedding reception and they were generous enough to invite you guys too."

Hoseok asks, "And Jihyo?"

Nayeon replies, "Yes her too. Okay, don't you guys have a flight to catch?"

Nayeon hangs up as she glances down at Jin who was massaging her foot. He says, "Stop frowning, you'll look older than you already are." Nayeon kicks her foot and sticks her toe up his nose as he kicks his head back in reaction. She says, "Don't we have to meet with Yeji and Yeonjun later for their reception?"

Jin nods as he smiles, "Great to see Saranghae Hotel living up to its name. Oh did you get the dress—" Nayeon leaned down to kiss his lips as he stares at her with a smirk while rubbing her foot in a more sensual way. He smiles, "Is that your sign of sexy time??"

Nayeon laughs and places her other foot on his lap, "No it's just... Weddings get me feeling a certain type of way?" He keeps his smirk, "A love making type of way?" She shakes her head and says, "Love, yeah. Sexy time? No. It's just... they're so romantic and got me thinking of all the times we were romantic."

Jin stands and drops her foot, "You know what's really romantic?" Nayeon smiles at him, "What?" Jin smiles back, "If you gave me a foot massage too." She chuckles as he sits across her and places his foot on her lap.

The day of the wedding...

"What if another zombie apocalypse starts?! Our honeymoon plans! What if I've been secretly infected all these years and a true loves kiss awakens the virus!"

Ryujin replies, "That's dumb, no way you two made it this long without kissing."

"What if... I faint or get hit by a car! What if he runs away!"

Lia smiles and massages Yeji's shoulders, "You love him?" Yeji nods her head as Lia asks, "You want to spend your entire life with him?" Yeji nods her head as Lia smiles, "Then there's nothing to worry about. It's your day and it'll be perfect, right? Tell her girls."

Ryujin stands a places her hand on Yeji's hand. She smiles, "I've survived a car crash in the icy winter during a zombie apocalypse. I saw Beomgyu impaled with glass on the verge of dying while being surrounded by zombies. I'm sure if there's any inconvenience with your relationship or the wedding day at all, you'll make it through."

Yeji stares at her confused as Chaeryeong adds, "Just relax Yeji. Yeonjun loved you enough to stay with you all these years and even propose to you. And you have so many family and friends here today. I'm sure everything will be perfect."

Yuna adds, "I'm sure it's just nerves! We can reminisce to calm you down. Like remember the hotel dinner party right when the apocalypse ended? That was hilarious and your wedding reception will be even better!" Chaeryeong smiles, "Oh and when we found out about Yuna and Kai! We were going crazy!"

"And the bed slide! Don't forget the bed slide!"

Meanwhile...

"I have a flamethrower in the car right now."

Yeonjun stares at Beomgyu who spoke seriously to him, "It's loaded enough to heal 1 thousand zombies. In my pocket is a lighter, I will use this to save Yeji, you, and the priest just so this wedding will finish. No apocalypse or zombie can stop my friend from marrying the woman he loves the most."

Kai adds, "I also am prepared to die for you and your love." Taehyun says seriously, "I made sure to gas my car to the max along with several van goods for the worse case scenario."

Soobin says, "You guys are ridiculous... But here are the blue prints of the church and the hotel. I drew out the safest route in case anything happens."

"Apocalypse?"

"Done."

"Fire?"

"Done."

"Earthquake?"

"Done."

Yeonjun asks, "What if she had a secret lover whose going to break in last minute to stop the wedding and she runs onto his arms?"

Taehyun stares at him in disbelief as Soobin slaps his face with his hesitation.

Soobin asks, "Do you love her?" Yeonjun nods as Soobin asks, "Are you ready to spend the rest of your life with her?" Yeonjun nods as Soobin raises his voice, "WHO DO YOU LOVE?"

"HWANG YEJI!"

The rest of the boys stand to cheer as Soobin cheers, "AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO HER!"

"I'M GOING TO MARRY HER AND LOVE HER UNTIL WE DIE!"

"WHO ARE YOU GOING TO MARRY!?"

"HWANG YEJI!"

"WHY ARE YOU GOING TO MARRY HER!?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART AND I'M READY TO SPEND MY ENTIRE LIFE WITH HER!"

They all smile at each other as tears start to form. Yeonjun smiles with teary eyes, "I love you guys!" They all hug as Beomgyu whispers, "Okay, let's stop before I accidentally marry one of you."

A knock on the door breaks up their moment as Hyunjin greeted them with a suit on. He smiles, "We're starting soon."

the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 469 20
FemaleOc x Jung Yi hyun When Seoyeon and Yi hyun got stuck in their new apartment during zombie apocalypse. WILL THEY SURVIVE TOGETHER TILL THE END...
Only Us By Kade

Fanfiction

29.1K 759 19
An apocalypse starts in the modern era. Giyuu has seen his fair share of zombies and won't stop seeing them. Will he finally see another human? After...
75.2K 1.8K 11
The zombie apocalypse. Always seen in shows and books. Who would expect it to happen in real life? Will anyone survive? And why are there zombies who...
33.6K 2K 43
you can stay here. SPOILERS ABOUT INSOMNIA ARE IN THIS SUMMARY the sequel of the zombie skz book "insomnia" you never thought life could get worse a...