𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 (On Hold)

By TheMelaninPops

Lies. Deceit. Betrayal. The perfect recipe for disaster. More

𝐂𝐨𝐩𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

106 7 0
By TheMelaninPops

Silence.

That's all it was, that's all it could be. While they waited, everyone got back to work, wether it was talking to other officers, going down to the morgue, or up to the lab to go over any evidence collected before and after their arrival.

"Why the fuck is all the evidence backed up? What kinda shit show are you people running here?!"

The frustrated voice of Mike could be heard throughout the entire precinct as he was seen digging a new one into a rookie who looked as if he was ready to piss his pants.

"The hell you mean you lost the fuckin' evidence man?" Jace's thunderous voice shattered through the walls of the building and everything was quiet.

"What evidence is backed up and what the fuck did they lose?"

"Yea get em Dman!"

Damon's sculpted body stood, arms crossed and eyes still, boring into the face of the so called detective. The man stood with a smug look on his face, wrinkles prominent as he glared at Damon and Jace with a smirk on his ageing lips.

"just as I said, pig, the evidence is gone-"

"Pig?- you damn hypocrite!"

"nah your rookie over there said you 'lost' it so where tf exactly did you 'lose' it at?"

What kind of place was this? How the hell do you lose evidence, Alix stood off to the side her face contorted in utter disbelief. This had to be the most unprofessional and fishiest precinct she has ever stepped in. They've been here for almost three days and barely got anywhere with anything, every time they took one step forward, out of nowhere they get pulled back ten.

She hated it, they all did, and on top of all of that she still didn't know what the hell that was she saw earlier in the room with Damon, it was like a fever dream, but so... realistic. All in all she needed to keep her guard up until she has properly distinguished friend from foe.

Feeling overwhelmed, Alix grabs her cup of freshly brewed coffee and heads towards the precincts lab.

"ain't no old hoe, bout to poison me."

Up the steel spiraled stairs held a lab, it was just as she imagined a lab to look. Plain red brick walls with many computers on a steel counter top. A short woman with black hair stood in front of a computer screen muttering to herself, all the while her overly large white coat swept the floor.

A smirk formed on Alix's lips as she watched the woman take a step to her right, not noticing how her coat moved over too, right where her foot would land. And just as she had hoped, the lady went tumbling down, papers from the steel top flying all over the room.

"AH."

The brown girl stood in the door for a second, her hand stuck deep in the pocket of her sweats, drinking from her cup of coffee and laughing a little as the lady laid on the floor, arms sprawled about, legs bent in opposite directions.

Throwing the empty cup into the trash, Alix moves towards a sheet of paper on the floor and starts collecting the surrounding sheets all over the floor of the lab. The woman lifts her head and stares in awe at the gorgeous woman before her.

'She looks sick.' The woman thought, a frown forming on her thin lips as she notices how prominent Alix's cheek bones are and the fact that her collar bone was peeking at her through her navy blue pullover.

"You gon' lay there, or are you going to grab these papers?"

"Oh." She jumped, startled at the realization she had been caught staring at the strange woman before her. "Sorry, I zoned out, I'm Cordelia, this is my lab. You are?"

"Alix, I'm with the FBI." She cringes, not liking the way she was practically agreeing to joining the FBI. "Ew."

"What? do I smell?" Cordelia starts sniffing her lab coat, bringing a piece of hair to her nose she sniffs it, gagging at the stench of dirt and oil.

"No, not that- oh okay." Alix stops as Cordelia begins to sniff under her armpit.

"Okay stinky-

"Hey!"

"I need you to listen, Whatever evidence you've collected from the past two months? put it-" She bends down under the steel top and pulls out an empty brown box, "in this box."

The brown haired woman nodded along, mesmerized as every word fell off of Alix's lips, like an unspoken song, even though she looked so young and fragile, Cordelia could tell, that Alix was very experienced and wise nonetheless. The way she carried herself was a huge factor in that assumption. She talked and walked with grace and power, something Cordelia herself never really had, it left her in a daze.

Her green eyes showed so much adoration for a woman she had barely known for 5 minutes, the thought made her smile a little, she was such a sucker.

So, while Alix talked Cordelia was running from this place and that collecting every piece of evidence she's ever laid her hands on, stemming from 2 or so months ago.

Everything she needed now stuffed in the box, though to her dismay, wasn't at all the amount she had hoped or expected for, Alix walks towards the exit of the huge lab. "Hey cord, can you run this through every database you have?" Handing her an evidence bag, Cordelia takes it and inspects it closely, it was a singular piece of dark brown curly hair. "Whenever you get anything, big or small, don't call anyone, come get me directly."

"Yeah sure, of course." She spoke confusedly, but agreed anyway, something deep down in her gut told her to trust Alix, and she did just that.

Down in the precincts conference room Charity was still trying to crack the Chiefs record, every time she thinks it's opened, it's not and her laptop shuts down and starts her from the beginning, or the system says it was a failed attempt. She was so confused at this point and time.

"Oh FOR PETE FUCKING SAKE."

"Okay pissy polly, who cut your wires?" Jace asked taking a seat in a nearby chair looking over the now somewhat empty room and drawing bored. Pictures of all the missing and deceased women glared back at him, he felt his stomach churn and hollow. Anger coursed through his veins thinking about how they could have easily prevented this, all these bum ass cops had to do was cooperate, from the beginning, that's all they had to do, now four women are dead and they have the slightest clue where the other two could be.

He and Tatiana personally talked to all of the victims roommates, and they all had the same exact story, they all went to bed at their normal time, everything was locked, per usual, and at 11p.m. exactly, they were attacked, the roommate first, who are all coincidentally brunettes with straight hair. They spoke of how he would strike them over the head and threaten to kill them if they made any noise, and would proceed to tie them up, making them watch as he drug their friend away from them kicking and screaming for help, until they were beat unconscious.

"Hey," A soft voice floated into Jaces ear, his eyes focused on Charity's light blue eyes that sparkled under the bright lighting in the large room, and he felt his tense body begin to relax. "You okay?"

"Yea," he nodded sitting up straighter, "I'm good. Just.. frustrated.

"Yeah, I think we all are, this is by far the most difficult case we've ever had, there's no way so many cops should be this uncooperative and childish."

He scoffed, "No, seriously. If anyone here is more frustrated than me it's definitely Dman."

Charity lets out a heartfelt giggle, "God. The way he and Alix bicker back and forth, every. Single. Second."

"They so stubborn oh my god." He laughs too, thinking about the past couple of days with Alix on the team, it was the first time in two years since Damon has shown this much emotion. "She has him wrapped around her finger."

"Hey, where is she anyway?"

"I just seen her going back up to the lab with a short lady when I was coming in."

"But hey look at this," Charity turns her screen towards jace, needing another pair of eyes to confirm what she saw.

"Is this the footage?" He asks, garnering a nod from the sparkly brunette.

"Yea." In the footage a red truck could be seen, its driver concealed behind a mask and tinted windows. His hand dangling from the window, held an automatic rifle that let off what seems like a million bullets.

His wreck less driving left him swerving, the front end of the bumper swiping the side of Damon's SUV.

"Aye look, right there."

"What?"

"There." Jace rewinds the clip back, zooming in. In the second wave of shots, it looks as if the gun stalled, the shooter fumbling to release the gun from his hand.

"Dumbass clipped his skin."

Mike soon comes in, with a smug looking Tatiana not too far behind, "Fighting can't be your solution to everything Clif."

"Oh you're one to talk." He scoffed, grabbing a chair and a cup of coffee, even though it was 3 in the afternoon. Tatiana had just stopped Mike from possibly killing a police officer, all because he wanted to get cocky with the fact they were lazy with the case from the beginning. Fucking dumbasses.

The four of them sat back and talked, telling each other what they each had found, which wasn't much considering how these fuck faces didn't give a single shit about the lives of those women.

After about 15 minutes Damon walks in, he doesn't say a thing, just sits down and stare at the board of six faces, the silhouette of a man with a question mark over where his face should be glares right back at him. "Fucking bullshit."

"This place is a fucking mess boss."

"Agreed, you would think at least one person here cared about what happened, but, no, they don't. Don't even get me started on their fucking chief-.

The conference room door swings open and Alix walks in just as Charity's laptop dings. A blank expression was held on the small girls face as she aggressively slams a picture on the board, right where the culprit should be.

After the altercation at the Diner, Damon made sure  he took any and every evidence possible in, that damned truck included. Unknown to him, hell everyone, Alix did a little digging herself, and found exactly what she was looking for.

In the drivers seat of the truck sat nice and neatly was a string of hair, the follicle still intact.

Everyone's attention was now on her small frame, they watched and waited. Waiting to see the answer to their puzzle.

So painfully slow, it felt like everything was moving so slow. Charity stands up, looking from the board to her computer, waiting for Alix to move her hand, hoping and praying it was who she was expecting it to be.

"Oh. My. God."

"What? What?" Jace stands perplexed looking between both women, eyes wide and confused.

Alix's hand slides away from the board, taking a single step back, she looks over her shoulder at a knowing Charity who audibly gulps at the realization.

"It's Chief Boise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 276 18
- 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝖺 𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍. | 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
81 16 16
A modern world. An ancient myth. Twisted ends. No one should ever feel like this.
95 9 20
Two people of two different worlds, colliding in one accident. Will it change their lives forever, for the better? Or for the worst?
82.3K 2.2K 43
Sometimes trust issues can lead to the craziest love.