ᴅᴏᴑɴ βœ”οΈ

By tinajomattel

"I shot for the sky I'm stuck on the ground So why do I try I know I'm gonna fall down" "I thought I could fl... More

DOWN <LUKE PATTERSON>
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

3.1K 59 25
By tinajomattel

MR. CURLY HAIR

       LEE DRAGGED HER feet into her house. She took her shoes off before padding through the crowd of people. She covered here face from anyone in view as she found her way upstairs to her bedroom.

She turned the knob only for it to not budge. Then she remembered how her sister promised to lock the door so no one would wonder in. Sighing, she padded her way to her sister room in hopes of the keys being in there. What she didn't expect was to see the party host under the covers sobbing.

The sister ran to the bed and jumped under the comforter. She hasn't seen Carrie this upset since their mother left. "Hey, hey, Care. What-What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Lee was able to bring Carrie's face out of her blanket and lay her sisters head on her chest as she caught her breath.

The girl was still hiccuping when she said the words out loud, making them all the more true, "Nick broke up with me."

Lee couldn't believe what she heard. Why would Nick do such a thing? She didn't question her sister any further and just held her close as she let it all out until she cried herself to sleep. Lee then made sure that her classmates were gone before locking up the house and going back into her sisters room as the both of them slept their broken hearts away.

><><><

       "And right. And left. Step, touch," Lee instructed the dance class. The dance teacher had asked her to create a partners dance routine and she was going over the steps with her classmates and teammates because most of them were both. Flynn was in the middle of the girls and Julie was no where to be seen. That is, until she ran into the room.

       "Oh, Julie, how nice of you to join us," the teacher spoke sarcastically as she controlled the volume of the music.

       Julie sighs, "I'm so sorry. I overslept."

       Their teacher gestured to the group, "Take your spot. Caroline's teaching us some new steps. Then we're stretching."

       The girl nodded and took her spot beside Flynn and quickly joined in with the dance. "So, why didn't you wake me up? I missed my first three classes."

       Flynn looked at her simply, "You said you were never gonna show your face at school again. And I'm a very literal person."

       "It's okay. It's those stupid ghosts that I'm really upset at. And I don't think Lee will even want to come to my house after school. I'd kill them if they weren't already dead." Julie whispered.

       "Hey, what if you just have Lee hurt them since she can touch them?" Flynn suggested, unaware that her statement was no longer true.

       Julie looked at her pointedly, "Lee wouldn't want to see them."

       "Yeah, you're right. But having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it," Flynn pouted to her friend.

       "Ex-band," Julies reminded, "We should just go back to Triple Trouble or whatever."

       Flynn's eyes lit up like stars, "Did you just decide on Triple Trouble as our name? Oh! I have to rub it in Lee's face!" Once she saw Julie's face, she lowered her head, "Sorry. Hey, don't blame yourself. And Lee better not either. You can only be so strong when three cute ghosts ask you and your friend to join a band." The class stretched down into splits, "And speaking of cute, have you talked to—"

       "Nick today? No." That's not what Flynn was going to ask Julie. "I know, I know. He was really chatty at the dance but I'm kinda dreading seeing him. At least I know I won't see him in this class."

       "Hey, coach Barron!" Lee waved as her voice made every girl shoot up from their stretching position. "You're right on time. We just finished stretching."

       Lee walked to the middle of Julie and Flynn as the teachers explained the plan, "So, students, Coach Barron, both of your team captains, — Caroline and Liam — and I have decided that the lacrosse team will be part of our class for a few weeks. Many pro athletes have used dance to help them with coordination and mobility."

       "This isn't about flirting with girls," Barron spoke bluntly to his team and many of the students snickered, "It's about making us better so we can actually win a game. We lost against Burbank. Burbank!"

       After a moment of awkward silence, Mrs. Cameron spoke, "Well, let's all remember that composure is a big part of dance. Everybody pair up."

       Lee was the first to take a step forward as she was expecting for Liam to be her partner since they have been since they were younger. She was surprised but also not at all when she saw him walk over to Julie and asked for her hand. Julie said yes, of course, due to them being friends and because Flynn had already been taken away.

       The blonde turned to see Nick looking down at his shoes as he was on his way to ask Julie to be his partner. He looked up and saw Lee. Hey, at least he'd be with someone he knew. Except, he wasn't. For one of his teammates had already beaten him and was right in front of her.

"Hey." Alec spoke as him and Lee found a spot on the dance floor. She smiled at him before turning to Nick and mouthing "sorry". Now he would have to dance with a random classmate.

"So, ladies, let's do what Caroline taught us last week, and we will perform this with the boys this Friday. Coach Barron and I will demonstrate," Mrs. Cameron informed the class.

"No," the poor man sounded almost like he was pleading which made Lee, and the rest of the class, have to hide their laughs. "I don't dance," he mumbled, "So..."

Mrs. Cameron took his arm and pulled him behind her, "You do now. And jump out, and bounce, and snake." The class was following along to the instructions, "Reach up... and turn around. Boys, jump out. Let's do it again. Half-time, no music."

Lee turned to Alec, "You ready for this?"

He grinned, "Yeah, I can handle you... r your dance. The dance you made."

The blonde hummed and got into her position in front of him before grinning back, "No one can handle me." She faced forward and counted for the class, "Five, six, seven, eight."

The class began to dance at a slow pace. The boys following their partners in the mirror. Alec was doing well, Lee will admit to that. "Not so bad Mr. Curly Hair."

He laughed at the nickname, "It's Alec."

"Oh, I know." She lied with a confident tone, "I know everyone on the lacrosse team, my best friend's your captain, you know?" They did the snake  step, then jumped up.

"Yeah, Liam. And you're the dance captain. And Carrie's sister. And for some reason your nickname is Lee." She spun and put her hands in his.

"You seem to know a lot about me Mr. Curly Hair. Are you stalking me?" She joked. The both of them chuckled and he denied her accusations. "Were you at the dance last night?"

He could feel as she tensed in his arms, "Yeah, I was." He saw her face drop through the mirror. "You know, I was really looking forward to hearing you sing again. And Liam was bragging to us all about the name him and Flynn came up with earlier that day."

Lee laughed and nodded along, "Ju-Lee and the Phantoms. Pretty creative." Alec spun her around and she fell on him. She gasped at the close proximity. "Whoa. Um... Sorry. I..."

"Really good. Once more. With music," Mrs. Cameron ordered before starting the music.

And as the class repeated the steps, Alec continued, "I'm just... I'm not used to dancing like this."

"Didn't you go to the dance last night? What, do you expect people not to dance?"

"Yes," he laughed and she soon joined in. Alec spun her out and he let go of her to spin in the air. Which resulted in him slipping in his socks and falling. He spun around on the floor to face her, "Uh... You sure you wanna be partners?"

"No, yeah. I do. Plus, who else is going to call you Mr. Curly Hair?" Lee held out her hand, "Let's just... go over it again. We'll get it eventually. Well, you. I made the dance," she smiled cheekily as she pulled him up off the ground.

><><><

       Sunset Curve was in a coffee house called Eats and Beats. Alex and Reggie were sat at a table with a lifer. The latter was cheering the customer on as they took multiple pictures of their food to post on social media. Then, he moved her plate with the muffin on it around to show Alex how blind people are to the real world due to technology.

They eventually looked up from their phone, grabbed their plate, and found a new seat. Alex asked his friend what they were doing here. "Luke said something about this place being a hot spot for music industry people," Reggie informed.

At the coffee bar, Luke found a clipboard with a sign-up sheet for a talent line up tonight. On number nine he unknowingly scribbled, "Julie and the Fat Ones." He should really work on his handwriting.

Luke took the now empty seat at his friends table with a smile, "Boy, being a ghost definitely has its privileges. I just wrote our names on the playlist for tonight."

Alex leant forward and whispered to Reggie, "I'm getting a little worried about him. He keeps forgetting," he spoke louder and turned to Luke," that Julie and Lee quit the band."

"And that they're gonna come back just as soon as they know we have a great gig." I hope, he thought.

"But if they don't come back, let's not forget, we do have somewhere else we can play and eat pizza," Reggie reminded them about Caleb's place.

"Dude, I know. It was awesome to be seen by lifers at Caleb's party, but... but we got this with the girls. We don't need him. We need them." Three purple flashes hit the boys in their chests and they jolted back in their seats.

Alex rubbed his abdomen, "Oh! It's the same thing again!"

"Just like yesterday!" Luke agreed.

"It feels like that time I was fixing my amp in the rain," Reggie remembered out loud which resulted in his friends eyeing him in concern.

Alex fixed his position in the chair, "Okay. Look, do you think something's wrong with us?"

Luke answered, "Yeah. Yeah, we ate ten pounds of pizza yesterday without a stomach. I'm sure it's just our bodies working through it."

"So we're just gonna forget about getting back at Trevor? That jerk stole our music," Reggie complained.

"And he has to live with that guilt," Luke said being mature. "It's just like what Lee said. We have a new band, a new sound, okay? That's what we should be focusing on."

><><><

School had ended and so had dance rehearsal. Flynn was picked up and Liam was still at lacrosse practice. Lee and Julie had just changed out of their gym clothes and were getting ready to go home.

"Hey, Lee, wanna come over? We can stay in the house and I can help you with your math?" Julie tried to convince her and it worked.

Lee perked up and started speed walking ahead of her friend and pointed behind her, "You had me at 'math'."

Julie giggled at her friend and responded, "But that's the last word I said!" She soon followed after her as the pair began their journey to Julie's home. Not noticing a man in a magician suit watching them. Specifically the blonde.

On the way there, Julie started a conversation with a smirk, "So," she dragged the word, "I saw your partner was Alec Wadsworth."

"Yeah. And?"

"Oh, come on! Are you really not gonna tell me anything? You guys were talking a lot and from my knowledge, you've never even spoken to him before."

Lee shrugged, "He asked me to be his partner and I agreed. What about you and Liam?" She wiggled her shoulders suggestively.

Julie's face grew red, "Don't try to change the subject, Caroline." The girl looked anywhere but her friend in fear of her seeing her face.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Lee waved her hand and looked away with a smile. This is a good sign. Julie might finally be getting over her crush on Nick and might like Liam.

"Did you know Carrie and Nick broke up?" Lee nodded to her friend. Julie continued, "Yeah, he told me in the hallway for some reason. How's Carrie holding up?"

"She's putting on an act, most definitely. I just want her to be with someone that makes her happy and vice versa." Julie nodded in understanding as they reached the Molina household.

       They went into the house and sat at the kitchen table. Both girls took their math books out of their bags and placed them in front of them. "Alrighty, time to teach you about shapes." Julie started and Lee groaned, knowing that they will be going over geometry for a long time tonight. Stupid triangles.

Down <Luke Patterson>

(🎤) T TIME!

New character!!!!!!!!!

Who is your celebrity crush? 👉

They don't have to be your typical celebrity. Maybe they're just an influencer!

My celeb crush is Dylan O'Brien

><><><

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 659 23
you're best friends with flynn and julie, they've always been there for you especially through you losing your passion to sing and you've been there...
127K 2.2K 79
πˆππ‚π‹π”πƒπ„π’ π•πŽπ‹ 𝟏-𝟐 & πˆπŒπ€π†πˆππ„ ππ€π‚πŠ BEST JATP FANFIC '22 WINNER the boys were connected to julie, but what if there was someone...
8.3K 147 45
Sunset Curve, a group of four boys in a rock band with big, big dreams, and a girl born to a rich family, she is in much need of an escape, and has a...
51K 1.2K 13
》Get up, get out ...relight that spark γ€Š β†’ julie and the phantoms fan fiction ← β†’ season 1 ← β†’ Β©patchymcgee ← β†’ e...