Harry Potter and the Silent D...

By cescawriter

Harry Potter, child of the Peverall line is a necromancer. He has spent his entire childhood speaking with th... More

A Nasty Start
Developing Debacles
Welcome home

Cohesive Conundrums

3K 227 41
By cescawriter

Draco was worried. He of course wouldn't speak of it to Harry, but his concern was growing by the day. Harry didn't like sympathy from others. Frankly Draco didn't even know what was effecting his brother so much, and so he did the only thing he could think to do. "That's why I'm here. I don't know whats happening or how to even find out what's going on. Harry has been quieter lately, and any time Blaise or Daphne talk to him he pretends everything is fine. I'm not sure if he's mentioned anything to Lisa or Terry." He fell silent, waiting for his uncle to respond, to fix everything. Uncle Severus has an answer for everything!

Severus remained silent for a moment. He believed he knew what was bothering the little necromancer, but he had no way to confirm it. If Harry didn't know about Black, and possibly Lupin, Severus didn't want to be the one to let it out the bag. It had to come from someone Harry was closer to. "I believe I have a solution. Thank you for bringing this to my attention Draco, it will be sorted." His godson sighed, visibly relieved before jumping up and leaving the classroom. Snape had barely a second before the insufferable first years swarmed in, draining his energy in a second. He'd fix the situation after.

Lucius was barely awake as he sat to eat his breakfast, looking forward to the delicious English breakfast his wife had ordered the house elves to make. Unfortunately his morning was once again interrupted by a letter. He hadn't had a calm breakfast in months, constantly being hounded by either his Lord or the ministry. This time however, the letter was from Severus, a welcome difference. This is what he thought until he read the letters contents. Why Severus thought Lucius would have better luck he'd no idea. They were closer now, certainly, but the boy opened up to no one other than the dead. Although..... An idea occurred to him, and he placed the letter down, hoping it would work. It would have to wait until after breakfast though. He smiled brightly at the stern look his wife gave him. Narcissa had missed their quiet mornings as well.

Two days had passed since Harry had come to realise how entwined his past was with his present. He couldn't escape the light until he faced that, but frankly he'd no idea how. Terry nudged him, and he smiled slightly, hoping to placate his friends. He'd already heard from the snakes about the dada lesson, and knew worrying was the last thing Lisa and Terry needed. Everyone was worried enough about black escaping. They walked into the classroom, and Harry smirked upon hearing expressions of confusion. Of course no one understood why the new professor had brought a wardrobe to their lesson. "Now everyone, settle down. Settle down." It wasn't necessary, as the class had fallen silent as soon as the man spoke, and the reiteration seemed to be out of habit more than anything else. "Now, today we will be focusing on Bogarts. Can anyone tell me what a bogart is?" Lisa answered correctly, receiving grins from her friends. "Correct Ms Turpin, a Bogart is indeed a creature that transforms itself into that which you fear most. It can often be found in dark, cramped areas and they feed on the adrenaline evoked by fear. However, their is a simple way to combat them, the spell Ridikilus."

After a few more words and questions, the students formed a line, approaching the wardrobe and casting the spell one by one. Some students had rather simple fears, such as spiders and monsters. Others were more complicated, a teacher representing failure or a parent as disappointment. This continued until Harry reached the front of the line, and before he could take out his wand, Lupin spoke. “Well done everyone, that will be all for today. Your assignment for the next lesson is to write a 500 word paragraph on the history and knowledge of Bogarts and other associated creatures." Everyone left, other than Harry, who was confused as to why Lupin hadn't allowed him to go. "Harry?" Lisa's voice drew the professors attention, and Harry waved goodbye to his friends dismissing them. He barely waited for the doors to close before casting the usual spell. "Excuse me Professor, I was wondering why you didn't let me try the spell. We have ten minutes of class left." Lupin looked disappointed for a moment before replying.

"I didn't think it would be good for the children to see You-know-who appear. They've enough to worry about right now." The idea of Harry being scared of Tom was laughable, and unable to stop himself, he did exactly that. "Why is that so funny?" Harry took a deep breath before answering. "I don't understand why you'd assume I'd be scared of the dark Lord. He's dead, remember?" He almost felt bad for saying it at the look on Lupins face, and he didn't understand why. Why would he feel guilty for upsetting this man? They had no relationship, no connection."He killed your parents!" The man was obviously upset, and once again Harry was confused as to why it bothered him. It was uncomfortable, and old habits rose up, the instinct to push away the living. "It was war. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't allow your assumptions to interfere with my education." In a fury he pulled open the wardrobe, lifting his wand towards..... nothing. It was empty, and before he could think over that he stormed out the room, leaving Lupin alone.

Remus wasn't entirely sure what had just happened, but he somehow felt that he had crossed a line he hadn't even been looking for. The conversation, what little there had been, had left his mind spinning. Harry really was different, and any hope he had to find that same young boy he'd once loved, was gone. Corrupted by the Malfoys, only the dark called You know who by that name. He'd noticed whom Harry kept company with, the Ravenclaws, the Slytherins, Snape. Remus had never held as much stigma against the houses as James and Sirius, but it was all adding up. The dark had been winning politically, and it would appear Harry had aligned himself with them. Most concerning was Harry's reaction to the bogart, or rather the lack of one. Opening the closet, he looked in, seeing the familiar yellow moon that taunted him. The Bogart hadn't escaped. It had simply hidden from the Ravenclaw. And Harry hadn't even seemed surprised.

Tom! Barely a minute later, the wizard responded. Hello Harry, how have you been? Harry ignored the question, he needed to talk to him, properly. We need to talk, where can we meet? This time Tom didn't respond for a while, Harry grew impatient. I'll be in the forbidden forest in ten minutes. He looked out the window, at the setting sun and nodded, it would be dark soon. I'll be there. Not waiting for a reply, he slammed the book closed, grabbing his cloak and striding out of his room. "Harry are you okay?" He barely glanced at Terry, waving away his concern and stepping out of the common room, beginning to run.

Tom was worried. Harry's message had seemed frantic and emotional, more so than he'd ever experienced from the little necromancer. He'd received a letter from Lucius, claiming Harry had not been himself lately. Perhaps that is what this had been about? Harry spoke to him openly, and Tom was very proud of the fact. Though he certainly didn't understand why he was trusted to much. He heard movement, and turned to see Harry standing their, fists clenched and eyes narrowed. "You killed my parents." Now it mage sense. This was bound to happen at some point or another. "Yes, I did." Would he have to fight the child? The necromancer was powerful, but surely he could kill him. The only issue was, Tom didn't want to. "I should hate you." Tom nodded, worried more by the fact Harry was no longer talking than anything else. "Most people would, and many do. I have often wondered why you don't."

Harry sighed, moving to sit on a rock he transfigured. Tom did the same, and for a moment they simply watched each other. "People keep asking me why I don't, and I've been asking myself the same question. I know Dumbledore has ruined so much, but if it weren't for you, I'd have parent's. I'd be loved." Tom didn't say anything, knowing Harry needed to say this. He could only hope this wouldn't end with someone's death. "I told myself it didn't matter. I had a new family, one that accepts me for what I am. If the potters had survived they would have smothered my darkness from me. It would have killed me." Tim stayed very still, sensing that his next response was crucial. "It doesn't undo what I did. What I took from you. And I am sorry." Stillness, for an age. "I don't hate you. I don't blame you. But I still wish I had something. I just don't know what it is." Tom was relieved, but didn't want to push his luck. "What caused all this?" Harry sighed, moving his seat closer to him, and finally allowing the Dark Lord to relax. "The whole thing with Black, and the new teacher. Lupin knew my parents, he was talking to me earlier." Glad the boy was talking again, he rested a hand on Harry's head, fingers drifting over the thick black locks. He seemed to be growing his hair out, and it suited him quite well. "There's no reason you can't have a relationship with the man." The raven looked up at him, clearly confused. "He's light!" Tom nodded, it was a point, and one that would usually deter him in an instant. "He needn't know what you are. I'm sure he is aware of your political affiliation, now you are a Malfoy. If he still wants a relationship with you, what is the harm?" They were quiet, and Tom decided not to press the subject further. No matter Harry's decision, Tom would support him. Unless he became light of course, not that that could ever happen. "Black is innocent, by the way." He smiled at the shock on Harry's face.

"Black didn't work for me, it was Wormtail." It didn't appease Harry's confusion, and that certainly seemed to amuse Tom at least. He was glad he hadn't tried to kill him. Sometimes he felt as though Tom was the only living being that truly saw him. His only equal. "Wormtail was known as Peter Pettigrew, another friend of your parents I'm afraid. He worked for me, and gave me your location that night. He was a secret keeper, but everyone was told Black was the true Secret Keeper, as a distraction. So of course, Dumbledore had Black sent to Azkaban." It was a shock until he mentioned Dumbledore. Of course the meddling bastard was involved. He'd probably known the man was innocent and removed him to control Harry. "What happened to Pettigrew?" Tom scoffed at that, standing from his stone seat and stretching. "From what I remember, the papers reported that Black blew him up, along with half a street of muggles. But between you and I, it's difficult to kill a literal rat." The way Tom was looking at him made Harry realise he was missing something, and he thought for a moment as he stood from the ground. A literal rat..... "He was an animagus!" Tom looked proud of him, and nodded firmly. "From what Pettigrew told me, they all were. A rat, a stag and a black dog." That caught Harrys attention. A black dog huh? Well now he knew what the grim stood for. He jumped up, throwing his arms around Tom. The Dark Lord was clearly taken by surprise for a moment, but only a moment before returning the embrace. He was really glad he hadn't tried to kill him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 3.3K 8
Harry James Potter had always been ignored. After an eventful Halloween, Harry defeated the Dark Lord Voldemort, for which his sister Jennifer gets t...
137K 2.9K 88
Madison (Maddy) Briggs is from Manhattan, New York. She was in 3rd grade, just 8 years old, when the World Trade Centers fell on September 11th, 2001...
105K 575 13
A Harry Potter wbwl fanfic On halloween night, a tall man who was strangely lacking a nose, came into a house looking for a specific 3-year-old boy...
186K 4.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...