Wanting What I Shouldn't

By Book_obsessed_weirdo

Amara Brady, the schools nerd, her name unknown to any normal persons ears. Straight A's and perfect homework... More

The Main Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Wedding Theme
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 (Bonus Chapter)
Chapter 57 (Bonus Chapter)
Epilogue

Chapter 8

26.9K 462 191
By Book_obsessed_weirdo

I grabbed a paper towel and walked back over towards Kingston who stood by the counter of the bathroom. He was watching me, closely, intently.

Gently wetting the paper towel and walking back in front of him. I'm not worried about my wrist anymore, he knows it's there and I don't have to hide it in here, alone in the bathroom.

I stop at his feet.

Fuck him he's so tall.

It's hot.

Ugh.

Pushing up on my tippy toes just trying to reach his face. I can reach his eyebrow but no higher than that. Damn him. He's too tall.

He smirks down at me, in one swift movement, he grabs my hips and spins me around, setting me down on the beige sink countertop.

My eyes widen and I yelp surprised at his actions. He chuckles lightly as he pushes my legs apart and stands between them. My heart skipping a beat as his pointer finger starts to trace a slow pattern onto my left thigh. His finger grazing my skin every once in awhile.

Looking up at him, his eyes already looking down at me.

I wonder what he's thinking.

Probably that we're annoying.

Probably.

Gently I lift my right arm, dabbing at the cut on his forehead. Keeping my eyes trained on the bloody cut. I don't trust myself to look at him. So close to me, without trying to kiss him.

Damn him.

But it was worth it. Seeing his face morph into pure rage as the guy grabbed me and kissed me. The way he grabbed my neck once he caught a glimpse of my tongue reaching into the random guys mouth. The way he growled at the guy when he didn't listen. The way he made me grind his name into his hard dick after I purposely ground his brothers name into his lap instead. The way he grumbled dirty words into my ear, chuckling at my reactions. The way his warm hands slipped up my sweater.

God I love it when he touches me.

He makes my skin alight with fire, his voice causes goosebumps, his touch makes me shiver.

I gently dab the dried blood, trying to soak as much as I can with just water. I don't want to use a disinfectant on him, it stings.

"So..." I start, trying to break the silence, glancing down at him, who was already looking at me, quickly diverting my eyes to look back at his cut. "Uhm...how am I going to get to...your place?" My words were hesitant. I could tell that he was amused with my hesitation.

I know his lips curled into a smirk "You're gonna drive there bookworm.", nervousness flowing through my body. I try to swallow the nervousness but it does nothing.

   How am I going to tell him I don't have a car? Will he think less of me?

He gently pulls back from my hold, his brows furrowed. My arm was paused in my movements. Shit I must have stopped.

"What's wrong bookworm?"

"I...uhm...don't..." I mumbled out.

"Don't what?" He asked, his gray eyes staring at me.

"I don't have a car." I blurted, letting my head fall gently with a sigh. Staring down at my jeans and feeling worthless, taking my free hand and fidgeting with the string that was scattered around the rips in my jeans.

He's gonna walk out.

I'm not good enough for him.

What teenager doesn't have a car?

His fingers gripped my chin gently but firmly. He lifts my head to meet his eyes, his gray orbs soft "Don't worry about it bookworm. You can ride with me." A small smile pulled at his lips.

   No, not a smile.

   Kingston doesn't smile. It's like a little tip of his lips, nothing more. But it's better than nothing.

"Is your cut okay?" He asks, slipping his left hand up my sweater and gently tracing the bandage. I swallow again. I've never been touched so...gently.

I let out a sigh as his palm laid flatly against my open wound.

   My head bobs with a quiet "Yeah", switching the damp paper towel to his cracked lip, the blood dried. To be honest he looked hot while he was pounding the guys face in. And even hotter when he heard me yell and froze mid-punch to stop Asher. I gently cleaned the blood off his lips.

I want to kiss them.

No.

Yes. They look so soft.

No.

And plump...

No!

And talented...

No! No! No!

I need to stop thinking.

   Just one kiss.

   No.

   C'mon! Just one!

   No! I can't!

   Don't you want to know what it feels like!?

   Yes...

   Kiss him!

   I stare into his gray eyes, they're soft and warm. He licks his lips, his eyes flickering down to my lips.

   Fuck it.

   Without warning I lean forward and plant my lips on his.

   They're so soft, molding into mine as I move my lips with his. My arms wrap around his neck, my legs wrapping around his waist as his hands grabbed my hips. I slightly wince, my hips already bruising from how tightly he grips my hips.

   His body feels familiar to me, his heat sinking into every limb, warming me in the best way. My arms fit around his neck like a puzzle piece, my legs tightening slightly around his waist. It feels so good. He smells so good too. He smells of cologne and a faint smell of mint like the refreshing smell, not the smell that makes your nose tingle. The scent so warm and familiar to me. Even though I've never smelled it before in my life. I melt around him, loving the way he felt, smells.

His lips soft and plump, moving perfectly in sync with mine. His lips taste of whiskey. Sweet against mine.

   That's when I realize what I was doing and pull back. My lips still tingling from where his had been. I draw my arms and legs back, slightly out of breath from the kiss.

   "Sorry—I wasn't thinking." I apologize quickly, his gray orbs stare at me, his brows furrowed slightly as he looked at me.

   My whole body is burning red with heat of embarrassment.

   Shit!

   I'm so stupid.

   That was an awful move.

   He hates me now.

   I quickly push him back, detangling myself from him and hopping off the counter, tossing the paper towel into the trash can as I make my way to the door.

   "Bookworm—" he tries but I throw the door open and hurry out. Too embarrassed of my actions.

   "Amara!" I heard him call but I just keep walking.

   I can't believe how fucking stupid that was!

   But it felt good.

   Shut the hell up! You did this!

   But it was good.

   Stop!

   I quickly hurry down the hall, taking a sharp turn to the left and dashing to the ladies restroom that I know Kingston won't try to go in.

   I push the bathroom door open, the hinges creaking with the sudden push. I hurry past the sinks, not daring to look in the mirror.

   Quickly I slip into one of the cubicles and lock it. My lungs heave out a sigh as I slide down the tiled wall.

   I can't believe I did that...

   I'm screwed.

  Not because I'm embarrassed...

   But because I liked it.

~~~~

   I've been avoiding Kingston all day.

   Somehow he keeps finding me.

We don't even have a similar schedule!

But I keep hearing my name get called from the other side of the hallway whenever a period is over. So I slip through the crowd of teens trying to get away from the one person I hate the most now.

I hate how he makes me feel.

I'm just glad it's last period now.

   Pushing the large oak door open, I make my way in nodding to my math teacher as I go to find my seat. I keep my eyes trained on the floor as I walk to the back of the class, very few people were in here already. No one paid any mind to me.

   Good.

   I keep my eyes trained on my sneakers as I walk to my desk. No one that sits around me stays awake so it's great, no one talks to me and I never have to deal with annoying—

    My legs stopped moving as I see a pair of shoes under my desk.

   What the fuck?

   No one ever sits at this desk.

   "Hey, that's my desk can you move—" I lifted my head and freeze in my spot.

   Oh come on!

   The low and rough chuckle drifts to my ears. I stare at Kingston. Why is he in my math? He's never been in my math.

   "No can do bookworm." He responds, tapping his fingers on the top of my desk. I groan and turn to look for another desk.

   A firm and large ink covered arm wraps around my waist and pulls me into his lap. Once again, I'm sitting on Kingston's lap.

   In math class.

   I'm sitting on Kingston's lap. In math class.

   "Let me go!" I whisper-yell at Kingston, trying to pull out of his hold. His arm only tightens around me.

   Oh come on.

   I tried to yank out his hold, but then something warm planted itself on my neck making me freeze and let out a huff of breath.

His lips.

"Stop moving. Stop trying to escape me." He rumbles into my neck. He latches his lips onto my neck once more.

Heat swims its way through my body at the contact, making its way to my core. My back arched on its on accord "Shit," I swear to myself quietly.

I hate how he makes me feel.

I hate it.

Then his teeth.

They scrape against the skin of my neck, the odd warm feeling spreading through me. He gently nibbles at the skin of my neck. Teasing. I crossed my arms across my chest to prevent myself from touching him but made sure to not put much pressure on the cut on my wrist.

   Touch him.

   No.

   Yes.

   No! And that's final.

   I shiver against him, allowing myself to melt back into his chest. How can I not? He's warm and welcoming, his arms coming around me to hold me up in his lap.

   He gently bites my neck, right near my weak spot.

   God I hope he doesn't find it.

   Otherwise I'm screwed.

   His tongue came out to lick the soft skin of my neck, warm and wet, licking across my neck where he nibbled my skin.

   Holy fuck this feels good.

   In one motion, his large hand comes up and covers my mouth and he sinks his teeth into my neck. I moan. Damn it I can't help it. It feels too good. He grunts in approval at my reaction as he licks the pain away.

   His hand managed to muffle the moan that had slipped past my lips, my eyes fall closed as his nose brushes over my sweet spot. I shuddered against him.

   I part my lips as his nose brushes over my sweet spot again, earning the same shuddering reaction. My tongue darting out and licking the smooth but callused skin of his hand. He groaned lowly in my ear at the feeling, but he didn't move his hand.

   My hands are itching to touch him. Feel him.

   "Why won't you touch me bookworm?" He grumbles into my ear. I suck in a sharp breath as his hand that isn't clamped over my mouth slides up my sweater, brushing the bandage and underside of my breasts.

   Maybe one feel.

   No.

   My mind is battling with each other, but I can't help but want to follow the unknowing side of my brain, the one who knows what's wrong but feels so right.

   "Answer me bookworm." He demands in my ear but I can't answer him, so my tongue darts out again to lick his palm.

   He growls in my ear, the rumbling dashing through my veins, heat heading straight for my core. Fuck him.

   I want to.

   I hate my thoughts.

   I grip the sleeves of my sweater restraining myself from touching him. When I do I just melt in around him. And I won't stop. Touching, hugging, kissing, hand holding. I wouldn't stop. His touch is addicting. He's a drug and I'm starting to become an addict.

And I hate it.

I hate him for it.

   He grabs my earlobe between his teeth, giving it a gentle tug "Answer me Amara." He grits out, starting to become inpatient.

   My hands shoot up to his wrist, wrapping my hand around his wrist and prying it away from my mouth. "Because," I shoot back at him, clenching my jaw tightly to keep myself from saying something I'll regret.

   "Because why?" He presses but I say nothing.

   I can't say anything.

   I refuse.

"What if I told you I wanted you to touch me?" He whispered thickly in my ear. I suck in a harsh breath, not expecting him to say that.

"I—"

"Alright class! Settle down!" The math teachers voice booms through the smaller room. I wince slightly now tugging at Kingston's hands to move.

I go to get up when Kingston chuckles "There are no more desks free bookworm." He gruffly murmurs in my ear.

With a sigh, I slump back into his chest. He nods to himself and sets his chin on my head, his hand that's under my sweater drawing a gentle pattern as I zone into the teachers lesson.

~~~~

"Meet me out front." Kingston instructs me as he walks past me and out of the math classroom.

I watch him disappear before I make any motion to move.

I have to go to his house.

I can't escape it.

He won't let me get out of it.

I know it.

   Sighing, I walk into the hallway already crowded with kids. Making my way through the groups, I head to my locker.

   My muscles are tense as I quickly do my combination and open my locker, stuffing all my things into the old backpack and zipping the gold zipper up.

   I pull my backpack out of my locker and toss it over my shoulder, then make my way down the main stairs. Which I don't go down little to ever.

   But Kingston told me out front.

   So that's where I'll go.

My hand lands on the handle to the front door and with a shove, the front doors to the school open and immediately shiver at the cold wind biting at my skin. I wrap my arms around myself as I maneuvered my way out of reach from any other teenagers around.

Finally I stop in the grass, looking around for one of the Grey brothers. Maybe I'll see Mason, or Dawson and ask them where I can meet Kingston. The fabric of my backpack starts slipping off the shoulder, my body stays put as it does so. My backpack slipping off my shoulder, falling to the ground.

I hear a huff and spin around to see the random guy I kissed from earlier. His nose was bruised and he had a black eye but he still looked good. Even with the injuries all the people Kingston knows still look hot.

He reaches his hand up and pushes a strand of my hair out of my face and behind my ear "Hey gorgeous," he flirts.

Another gust of wind blew and I shiver. The guy doesn't radiate warmth like Kingston did, he was cold and dull.

Instead I force myself to give him a small tight smile "Hi." He smiles.

"I realize that you didn't even get my name after that enchanting kiss, it's Leo by the way sweetheart" he winks at me and I bite the inside of my cheek.

The guy, Leo, stepped closer to me and I slightly inch back but he didn't seem to notice, or mind that is.

And if I'm being honest, he wasn't that good of a kisser.

Kingston's better.

Shut. The. Hell. Up. Voice.

I nodded to him as his hand gently cups my cheek. I don't like this.

Then a warm presence appears behind me, the wind suddenly blowing around me and not at me.

A throat was cleared from behind me and Leo tenses as he looked up from me.

"Leo." An angry voice greeted from behind me.

The familiar ink covered arm wraps around my waist and draws me back into his chest, Leo's hand leaving my cheek. Warmth instantly filled me, making my muscles relax as I push myself back into Kingston's chest for warmth.

He grunts as I snuggle my body closer to him, but I don't feel his stare so he must be glaring at Leo. But I can't see from where I'm nuzzled into his chest with my eyes closed.

"I thought our encounter would have warned you to stay away from my girl." Kingston emphasized "my girl" as if trying to get a point across to Leo.

I rotated my body so my shoulder was pressing into Kingston, my right hand going up to his chest as my fingers gently grip his black sweatshirt in my hand, the warm and soft material brushing my palm. He wraps both his arms around me, shielding me from the wind.

A small smile overtakes my face as I snuggle my face into his sweatshirt, enjoying his scent and warmth.

Leo let out a nervous cough "I—Right, sorry man." he stutters out.

Kingston grunts again as his large hand starts to rub my back gently, it's easy to feel the anger rolling off him but his touch was gentle and soft. Comforting.

"If I see you near her again I'll take your lips and tongue and hang them on my mirror." Kingston threatens cooly, calm. His voice deadly serious.

His threats made me shiver against him, his arms clamp around me, warming me more.

Though the clouds were dark and the wind was blowing ferociously, all I can see is warmth. With my eyes closed I just feel warmth and comfort, Kingston's touch making me feel even safer as he rubs my back gently.

It's like entering heaven. So carefree and safe.

A shaky breath is exhaled into the cold air and it wasn't Kingston. Because his chest is rising and falling in a calming rhythm, not shaky at all.

"R-Right, sorry. Have a good day Amara." Leo breathes nervously. I can basically see him shaking with my eyes closed just at how he was talking and breathing, it made me giggle slightly.

Kingston's chest radiates with a growl as I heard footsteps fading as they got farther away.

Then I feel the familiar stare on me as I made no move to leave the position I'm in. I'm too comfortable and warm to pull away.

"Are you okay bookworm?" He asks me, his voice gentle, but low and raspy. I nod my head, my cheek brushing the warm fabric of his sweatshirt in my movement. His large hand continue to rub my back in slow, easy motions as I let out a sigh of warmth.

Kingston sucks in a breath "You're cold," he mumbles, like he was half telling himself and half telling me.

I nod into his chest again, stepping a little closer as I tuck my hands into his sweatshirt pocket and keep my cheek pressed against his chest.

Kingston doesn't seem to mind my presence so I stay there, letting my hands warm in his sweatshirt pocket as he just stands there with me, rubbing my back.

My hands make out the shape of his phone in the sweatshirt pocket, and a pair of keys. I wonder what he would do if I stole his phone?

"I think she's breaking my brother." I hear a familiar deep voice say from behind me. Mason. Kingston tenses slightly, his hand stop rubbing my back but he doesn't move away from me.

I hear a chuckle. Liam.

And a scoff. Asher.

A hand touches my shoulder but I keep my eyes closed, not moving away from Kingston's hold. He growls again.

Damn I love that protective animalistic growl.

I knew he would do something about it.

The hand draws back from my shoulder, a small smile on my lips.

"I think Kingston's breaking her too." Liam mumbles off from the side. Now that caught my attention.

What does he mean by that?

"I'm heading to go get James and Julius, want me to take Miss Princess too?" Mason asks over the cold wind.

My eyes flutter open at his words. I lift my head off Kingston's chest and glare at him "I'm not a princess. You're just a prick." I snap at him. He rolls his eyes at me as Liam grinned at me and Asher smirked.

A small chuckle rumbled from Kingston's chest at my snappy words. "Nah I got her." Kingston tells his brother. I nod my head satisfied, placing my head back on his chest. His chest vibrates with a chuckle as he gently pulls back from me, making me frown.

My hands slip out of his sweatshirt pocket, but not without me secretly swiping the keys. I discreetly stuff them in my jeans pocket as I wrap my arms around myself and rub my arms, trying to generate the warmth that Kingston had.

   Kingston reaches down and grabs my bag then throws it at someone. A grunt. Mason.

   I turn to look at the boys, rubbing my arms violently to warm. Liam gave me a smile, and I smiled back at him. He's nice, for his big tough exterior.

   Kingston's warmth fades and I suddenly don't want to be standing out here anymore.

   Asher smirks at me and I glare at him. He's cocky for a follower.

   Mason was looking at me with playfully narrowed eyes. I stick my tongue out at him and he chuckles while shaking his head. My backpack on his shoulder.

   I feel Kingston's warm presence behind me before something was draped over my shoulders. It was heavy-ish, but warm.

   Gripping whatever it was in my hands, pulling the warmth farther around me. Leather. I look down at the material and find it to be a black leather jacket. It smells like Kingston too.

   I quickly slip my arms through the sleeves and zipped it up in the front, warmth making it's way through my body.

   "See ya guys at the house," Mason states as he twirls a pair of keys on his pointer. He turns and walks off. My backpack making him look girly, I stifle a giggle.

   Asher grins "See you tomorrow beautiful.", another protective growl erupts from behind me, making Asher smirk and walk away.

   Liam gives me a smile "See ya 'round A," his voice though deep was kind. I smile back and wave to him. I like him, he's nice.

   And I don't mind that nickname either.

   I turn to look at Kingston who was already looking down at me. I give him a smile and his lips curl up slightly.

   Hey it's better than nothing.

Stuffing my hands into the large pockets of the leather jacket, I look up at Kingston. He looks down at me, his eyes racking my body.

My teeth gnaw at my bottom lip a little and his eyes flicker to my lips.

"So, when are we heading out?" I ask as the wind blows my hair around, pulling my hand out of the leather pocket and pushing my hair behind my right ear, hoping it would stay there as the wind blew.

Kingston reaches in his pocket and feels around before his eyes widen slightly. "Uhm..." he murmured as he tapped his pockets.

I snicker slightly as I pull the keys out of my jean pocket and let them dangle in the air.

Kingston eyes flicker with relief and a little annoyance, "You little shit." He grumbles as he reaches out and snatches the keys from me.

A smile tickles my lips as I walk towards the road, going to step onto the pavement when Kingston throws his arm out in front of me and pulls me back onto the grass. I stumble slightly, looking up at him with furrowed brows.

He clicked his tongue at me, shaking his head slightly. I look up at the road and see a car go speeding by.

If I had walked out I would've been hit.

I gulped, looking down at my shoes slightly.

I feel something brush my hand. What was that?

It felt like someone else's hand.

My eyes glance down to see Kingston's hand twitch slightly as his fingers reached out for my hand. Slowly, as though he was giving me time to pull away if I didn't want it.

But my body holds still, but he still seemed hesitant. Gently as I reach out and gently take his large hand with mine.

His fingers twitch at my touch, almost surprised to have my hand in his. But his fingers close around my hand gently, his calloused palm scratching pleasantly against my own palm.

   Kingston let out a breath "C'mon," he murmurs to me as he leads me across the road to the parking lot, my hand clamped in his.

~~~~

   "Oh my fuckin' god you have a Kawasaki Ninja H2R!" I screech, running over to the matte black motorcycle.

   It's stunning, the hint of green running underneath the matte black paint, outlining everything. I've only ever seen these bikes in a magazine or on a TV show. Never in real life.

   And I'm touching one.

   In real life.

   "How do you know what type of motorcycle I have?" Kingston asks from behind me, he sounds dumbfounded at the fact that a girl like me knew about expensive motorcycles.

I turn to him "How could I not!? This motorcycle is amazing!" I yelp excitedly. It feels like what kids call Christmas. And I was the giddy kid.

"I've always wanted to ride one!"

Kingston smirks at me as he walks over to the bike, tossing his leg over the seat, nestling down on the black leather. He turned his head to me with those gray eyes of his and I could melt.

God I hate when he does that.

"You coming?"

——————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 3K 50
Cole Anderson, the rich loner kid, hates everyone and everything. There seems to be at least one thing about each person that pisses him off beyond r...
202K 12.2K 37
[totally unedited and my first time at writing so I hope you guys bear with the flaws and read if you are going to] "I don't know why, but I tend to...
119 2 14
Amara Black a 17 year old girl, that isn't exactly a good girl, quite the opposite actually. She's the type of girl that your parents tell you to sta...
1.3M 28.3K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...