INSHALLAH

By remixthestory

A short story. Two People. Ex-bestfriends. One is a doctor, Another is the hospital MD. She can't wait to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Epilogue

998 90 13
By remixthestory

Epilogue

"The bride is here"

The cheering was so loud, that she jerked a little in surprise. She was trying to calm her already racing heart and the families weren't making it easy. Her eyes met her mothers who were chuckling amidst the glossy eyes. She caressed her head and gestured for her to look down and behave like a shy bride.

Well, it was proving to be kind of impossible for Sana to act shy, quiet, and blushing like a typical bride when in reality she resisted the urge to scoff, snort, and glare every time a situation happened. She wanted a silent wedding, the most perfect one with people who felt genuinely happy for her and him which she had dreamed of all her life, and her partner resorted to refusing but had to give in when she gave him two choices.

A quiet wedding with her, or nothing with her.

Well, the poor man had no choice in reality. Mudassar glared at her, took in a deep calming breath, and nodded in agreement. She was so happy that day she didn't care about being in the family home that she jumped up on him in a bone-crushing hug, she was all set to kiss the daylights out of him but a little throat clearing from the housekeeper made her stop the fantasy but she didn't break her hug.

He chuckled after that, teasing her about how he will give in to all her demands if he was getting such rewards. She had rolled her eyes then but now she can't help but feel giddy.

She was finally marrying the love of her life, her best friend, her secret keeper, and her tantrum bearer. Also 'best boss' should be added to the list too, seeing he still saved her from the board on her impulsive practices.

They were at their wedding venue which was his home backyard after thirteen months of dating and a makeshift proposal.

Yes, he was still bad at choosing places. He had to bend down to his knee at the worst possible time, she had surgery in less than half an hour and this man thought it was enough of dating, he had barged into her office and proposed to her. Well, not that she was going to refuse him but being a little romantic wouldn't be hard.

She was so amused but kept her laughter at bay, saying 'yes' to him first and then bursting into fits of laughter. He had yanked her close and stared in her eyes intensely where she had squirmed in his hold. He placed a deep, lingering kiss on her forehead and she relaxed in his hold.

Nurse Arefa had come rushing to call her for the surgery when Sana failed to report on time, all because she forgot the whole world in his arms.

"Sana, back to Earth" her Ammi called and she looked up in response.

Her cheeks flamed seeing her knowing look and teasing smile. She guided Sana to the stage which was glowing with fairy lights and white curtains. She had strictly forbidden flowers in any of the decorations. Mudassar was allergic to the smell and she didn't want her groom sneezing and supporting a red nose in their wedding ceremony.

She stole a glance through the partition, he sat in front of her with sehra made of small white pearls. She could see his glossy eyes in between, fixed on her veiled form.

She felt warmth spreading her insides, and her eyes teared up in happiness, before a tear could leak she ducked her head down and tried biting the emotional urge down. Taking a long breath, she focused on the happy cheers all around her.

Their school friends, her and his college friends, hospital staff, his work associates, and all of their parents are close acquaintances. Sana did hate being a part of parties or the idea of dressing up but when it was the only once-a-lifetime moment, she had dreamt it to be special.

And this day has come out better than her imagination. Mudassar has made it all possible for her, He was the elder son of one of the most influential families in Hyderabad. Adami's were known for their wealth and status but them agreeing to her wish of simple marriage meant so much to her. It was all her in-laws and her family who were this supportive.

The buzz of talking came to an end as Imam Sahab, the nikah officiator took his place near the partition. Zohar greeted him with salaam. He started the ceremony and her breath hitched, ears perking at every word he would say to unite her and him. In a bond so mystic and precious.

The mahr amount was announced and she rolled her eyes at the huge amount. She knew her husband was rich but why flaunt richness so much?

The imam asked her father to sit beside Mudassar and take his hand, imam Sahab covered their hands with a cloth and started saying the verses.

"Do you, Mudassar bin Zohar Adami take Sana bint Wajid Qureshi as your wife?" he asked.

Sana felt her insides shaking and her hand clutched her lehenga tight.

"Qubool hai"

A tear dropped from her eyes and her lips tilted in a slow smile.

He asked again and he replied the same with conviction.

Sana heard her Ammi sniff and her lips trembled.

"Qubool hai" Mudassar repeated thrice, his voice was a little shaky.

Her vision blurred when her father rubbed the tears away from his eyes. She tried smiling for her father to see but the veil and partition blocked his vision.

"Do you, Sana bint Wajid Qureshi take Mudassar bin Zohar Adami as your husband?" Imam Sahab diverted his Question to her.

She tried speaking but couldn't, she nodded her head.

He asked again.

This time she whispered "Qubool hai"

She repeated the words one final time and her Ammi broke into tears. She took Sana in a tight hug and Sana clutched onto her Ammi. Aliza and Meher took her into hugs respectively, muttering congratulations with teary smiles.

She glanced towards him, her father, his father, her brother, and other males of the family stood surrounding him. Exchanging hugs and patting his back.

The partition was removed and they were made to sit side by side, a big heavy dupatta was used to cover them both, and glass was placed on the ground.

"Now you too raise your veils and see each other through reflection" Her elder sister Rubina instructed.

He was the first one to raise his sehra. She smiled seeing his face.

"You're not shy. Do it already" he urged.

"You're not impatient Mr. Adami" she teased. He was looking up when she rebuked "No. You can't look at me directly. Look in the mirror"

He glared.

She took her veil and started rising it.

He inhaled a breath. "You look beautiful, my wife"

She grinned "You clean up well too, husband"

He chuckled silently.

"Are you two done? The guests are getting curious now" Meher teased.

"I hope we get out of here really quick" Sana muttered to him.

"We'll get out soon" he assured.

"Inshallah"

"Only woman to leave her husband in a middle of a party," Mudassar said narrowing his eyes, he closed the door behind him.

"Only man who loves talking business than paying attention to his soulmate" Sana chirped back, she leaned back against the bed. A pillow in her arms to hug tightly.

She was still wearing the dress she had adorned for the party. The only thing missing was her jewelry and makeup.

He shook his head in defeat "None can win from you in words"

"Then why do you even try?" she smiled smugly.

"In search of my one day" He smirked and started doffing his layers of clothes, wearing a tuxedo was easy but coming out of it when tired was a tough job.

"Keep trying then" she threw her pillow down and walked towards him. Her hands working on her hair. She started plucking out pins and shoved him away from the mirror, standing before it. "Help me with my hair"

He sighed taking his place behind her and started dropping pins in her palms. "Why did you even make this?" he asked irritated.

"because I wanted to" she shrugged and her fingers unpinned her dupatta. She let the fabric drop to the ground. He was done opening her hair. He rubbed his fingers on her scalp and she leaned back to him. "Best husband ever" she whispered looking at him.

He kissed her forehead "I know."

She rolled her eyes playfully and turned towards him, fingers working on his waistcoat.

"Why did you leave me down there? I would rather be here with you than talk numbers with them" he brought her closer and snuggled in her neck. "I'm so tired, the first office than this party."

"I told you before and I'll repeat it again. We have enough Mudassar. Stop overworking yourself. Expansion is good but if it's tiring you and taking away your family time. It's not worth it" her fingers worked in his hair.

"Let me work, for now, the day we start family, I'll cut down things" he promised to straighten up

"We'll" she trailed looking away from him. His eyes raked to his cuffs and he unbuttoned them. She bit her inside lip "You'll have to start cutting them down now. 8 months can pass in a whiff."

"I said I'll cut them down. What's with the deadline?" he said walking to the closet.

Sana blanched at his words.

"Did you say 8 months?" he came back rushing. His shirt is half done.

She gritted "Yes. Did you develop a hearing aid?"

"Sana....You mean...you're...pregnant" he was gaping.

"No. I meant I'm going on a world tour" she glared crossing her arms.

His eyes widened and the face blanked.

"Such a tube light" she stomped towards the balcony door when she was yanked back.

"You're pregnant," He said in awe, pulling her into his arms. "Yaa Allah. You make me the happiest man in the world"

She leaned to his touch, arms crossing his neck as he picked her up and twirled.

"I'm so ecstatic Sana. Thank you so much"

She chuckled shaking her head, teasing "Ready to change nappies?"

His face scrunched a little but he shrugged grinning "Would anything for this little being."

He took a step back from her.

"What are you doing?" She asked in wonder seeing him.

"That day I went on my knees for you to marry me. Today I'm kneeling down to tell, you how much you and this baby means to me. Sana Adami, you're the greatest blessing in my life. You have given me the best news, none of the words have sounded so beautiful to me but this. You're pregnant with our baby, a life we created together. You and this baby are my Jannat, My heaven."

She sniffed the tear back, jumping in his arms and he caught her. "I love you; I love you; I love you so much Mudassar. I love you so much"

He chuckled at her series of confessions "See I told you I'll earn them all" 

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 1.8K 58
"don't look at me with those eyes Ms Singh otherwise I will loose myself to you ". He said and landed forward our lips so close but still that streng...
8.8K 645 20
"I will die Ekansh... Please, I dont know what i will do without you. Please forgive me." She begged trying to hold his hand but he jerked his hand a...
191K 6.8K 43
"I'm not your personal doctor. And why the hell you want me to bandage your forhead when you have long list of girls to do it for you." I said glarin...