The Crystal Moon Curse: Book...

Per BreeRosebury

As her pack teeters on the brink of collapse Genesis must do whatever it takes to save her she-wolves from th... Més

Copyright
Author Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 2

2.7K 121 15
Per BreeRosebury

GENESIS

"Okay she-wolves, listen up," I call to attention my wolves as they come tumbling out of four black SUVs, excitedly stretching in relief from the long drive from our pack to the Council lands.

Fifteen she-wolves in total. Ten of them are our last batch of eighteen-year-olds. The other five are rejected she-wolves hoping to find second-chance mates - it's a reach for them but they are brave enough to try again. My heart goes out to them all. Knowing how things have gone over the last five years, the odds are not in their favor.

"You have a couple of hours to settle in, I am heading over to Council House and will be back then to see you off on your run. The packhouse is open, choose your rooms and try not to scream the forest down. Any questions before I leave?"

A she-wolf at the back puts her hand up.

"Yes Hanna," I say to the nervous 18-year-old running for the first time.

"Alpha Neo, are you running the sunset run with us?" she asks hopefully.

"Not this year Hanna. And remember while we are here you will address me as Neo. Alpha Quill is still your Alpha outside of Crystal Moon. This will be the last warning about this."

The Alpha power I push into my order is a reminder I'm dead serious. I don't want any fuckups over my title before we get to see the Council.

It's a short drive to Council House along a beautiful, winding, unpaved forest road. I pull up in front of the sprawling, four-story mansion. The Council House hasn't changed in the five years since I'd last seen it.

Parking behind a green range rover that's just pulled up, I watch two males get out. They are immediately greeted by eager-to-serve omegas.

I recognize immediately Alpha Trent and his Beta from Blue Ridge.

Alpha Trent is another typical hot as fuck Alpha. Twenty-five, tall and muscular with naturally bleached blonde hair, tanned skin, and dark blue eyes, he's the council's newest member and a bit of a wildcard.

He bends to pick up the last case and I get a good look at his tight ass in skin-tight jeans. I admire his buns from the safety of my car.

Stop. Not mate. Lyka growls in my head.

Oh shut it Lyka, you don't know, he could be, and I can look if I want. She growls another warning at me and I quickly shut her down before she gives me the shits.

A tap on my window breaks me out of my Alpha ogling.

A smiling omega welcomes me waving a bottle of ice-cold water, glancing at his clipboard pointedly.

I switch off the engine and hop out.

"Good afternoon Miss?" he queries politely, clearly having no idea who I am.

"Highwater, Genesis Neo Highwater - Crystal Moon Pack," I reply shortly, taking a swig of the refreshingly cold water.

Alpha Trent swivels in his tracks and it only takes a moment to lock eyes with him to know for certain he is not my mate. His scent carries over the short distance, fresh and salty like an ocean breeze, not affecting me at all.

Not mate. Lyka states the obvious.

The omega stares at me with surprise and a touch of apprehension. I can't resist.

"Yes, that Highwater, the cursed ones."

Alpha Trent's chuckle has me looking back over at him and he gives me a cute finger wave.

"My apologies Miss Highwater. Your room is on the third floor, east wing. Your parents have settled in already." The omega bows apologetically.

"Thank you, bags are in the back." I toss my keys to the omega and head to the door where Alpha Trent waits for me. I take a deep breath. So it begins.

To pass The Genesis Bill I need a majority vote at the Prime 10 Council - six out of ten votes at a minimum. I've been researching for over a year and have a list tucked in my back pocket.

On that list there are ten names, five highlighted in bright neon green - they are the easy yeses:

Alpha Quill Highwater, Crystal Moon pack, my father.

Alpha Eric Sanditon, Stillwater Pack, mated to my sister Delilah.

Alpha Connor Reid, Pine Crescent Pack, mated to my sister Belinda.

Alpha Blaze Paxton, Shadow Dawn pack, mated to my sister Arabella.

Alpha Drake Evans, Green Oak Pack, mated to my sister Cordelia.

Three names are highlighted in hot neon pink. The definite no's.

Alpha Dante Black, Black Valley Pack, the ass who rejected my sister Eva.

Alpha Gage Vaughn, River Run Pack, the other ass who rejected my sister Freya.

Alpha Hans Schmidt, Sliver Hill Pack, a misogynistic, old-school ass who won't rock the boat.

The last two names are highlighted in yellow. These are the ones I will need to swing but I only have to convince one of them to vote yes for the bill to pass.

Alpha Trent Bray, Blue Ridge Pack, Unmated

Alpha Sebastian Kane, Blood Stone Pack, Unmated

I need Trent's vote so I'm going to be the nicest bitch in the world for this Alpha.

"Well if it isn't the elusive Genesis Neo Highwater. Some of us had started believing the seventh Highwater daughter was a myth. I'm pleased to see you are not."

I paste on a cheery smile. He offers his hand which I take in a firm shake.

"I'm no myth, Alpha Trent, just like my privacy," I say as he holds the door open for me to pass through.

He smiles seemingly pleased I know who is he.

"You know I never would have placed you for a Highwater, you look nothing like your sisters."

I try not to cringe. My sisters all take after our nordic-wolf mother all tall, blonde, and green-eyed with svelte, supermodel bodies. The genes skipped me - brown hair, blue eyes, curvy, and short as fuck.

Trent looks down at me, easily a foot taller. Typical bloody tall Alpha.

"I take after my dad," I reply simply as we cross the foyer.

"In looks yes, but not in height that's for sure, Shortstop."

I stop walking and have to rein Lyka in who suddenly wants to take a nip at the handsome Alpha.

Trent catches the flash of amber in my eyes and laughs with a bow of his head.

"Ooh, short fuse too. My apologies to your wolf." I nod in acceptance. I can't afford to be insulted even if I do want to kick his tall ass.

"So will you be joining the run this year? Haven't seen you the last few years." He asks, not hiding his curiosity at all.

"No, I'm just here to support my pack, as you probably know it's been a tough few years," I reply getting straight into it. I need his sympathy vote and I'm not afraid to pull out the stops for it.

He nods solemnly.

"It never sat well with me what Dante and Gage did to your sisters. Mates are a blessing from the Goddess, rejections are not the way to deal with problems. I hope your sisters are OK."

I look at him in surprise. I didn't expect this. My job suddenly became easier. I smile internally.

"Thank you. Yes, it's been hard, but they are doing well. It's unfortunate though how far the actions of Alpha Dante and Gage have reached."

"Oh, how so?" He asks raising an eyebrow and going exactly where I'm leading him.

"Did you know that every she-wolf in my pack has been rejected since Dante and Gage rejected Eve and Freya?"

I watch as shock crosses his handsome face.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea."

"Well, we don't publicize what's happening, and rejections are not something people openly speak about," I say with a shrug.

"That's true. Again, I'm sorry to hear this. Is this why you've never been to a Mating Festival before?" His intuitiveness catches me off guard.

"Partly." I find myself answering honestly. He nods, a strange expression crossing his face as we reach the third floor.

"Okay, here we are." he points to the left.

"You are down there and I'm over this end." he gestures down the opposite hallway.

"Come on over if you need to chat. It's going to be a busy weekend but I have great whiskey if you need a bit of escapism." he winks a gorgeous blue eye at me.

I chuckle. Kiara would love him.

"Thanks, Alpha Trent, it was nice meeting you." We shake hands again, his grip firm and holding on just a tad longer than necessary.

"Just Trent, Genesis."

"Just Neo, Trent."

"Okay, catch you later Shortstop!" He laughs walking back down the hall.

***

SEBASTIAN

"Sebastian, where the hell are you, I've been waiting for two hours, sunset is in an hour."

Trent's voice fills my truck cutting into my music.

"Hey Trent, I'm ten minutes out."

"OK great, look come see me as soon as you get here. I'm in my usual wing."

"Sure, see you in a few," I end the call with the press of a button on my steering wheel, bringing back the loud rock music through the truck cabin. Just how I like my music. Soul pounding.

Ten minutes later I stride up the stairwell in the Council House and Zeke starts pacing like crazy. He's like this every damn year we come here. Frisky as fuck. I hate letting him down year after year.

Just as I reach the third-floor west wing I catch the faintest whiff of a deliciously familiar scent. I haven't scented it in years but it has been embedded in my memory ever since I first picked it up.

Stopping, I look down the east wing hallway. The third-floor east wing is always assigned to Alpha Quill and Crystal Moon. The Council doesn't like to change shit up. Same rooms every year.

Shit. Could it be?

I shake my head not wanting to get ahead of myself and turn the opposite direction to Trent's wing.

Trent's door flings open before I even knock and he pulls me in. I feel excitement rolling off him as he drags me into a bear hug.

"Damn man. What's up!" I say laughing, slapping his back.

My laughter fades as I pick up the scent again, stronger, and on Trent.

Zeke growls low and I freeze. Trent smiles devilishly.

"What's the matter, bro? Do I smell good? Like maybe, Mate good?" he smirks seeing Zeke rear up in my eyes.

Fuck.

Apart from my Dad, Trent is the only one who knows I saw and scented my mate five years ago. He's the only one who knows I come back every year hoping she will run the sunset, and he's the only one who knows I am too fucking proud to chase down a she-wolf who avoids me like the plague.

"The fuck Trent. Is she here?" I ask taking a step closer to sniff his hand which he waves in front of my face idiotically.

I groan. Her scent is from the Goddess herself made just to torture the fuck out of me. I want to separate Trent's hand from his body.

Stepping back I run a hand through my hair. I think my heart just burst through my ribs.

Trent nods and smiles.

"About fucking time." I sigh as Zeke goes crazy in my head.

"Wash your hand, please. Zeke doesn't like her scent on you."

Trent laughs heading to the bathroom. He comes out still smiling.

"She's here man. Genesis Neo Highwater in the flesh. And might I add, you did not do her justice when you described her five years ago. She is all woman now, curves and valleys that put Blue Ridge to shame." He smacks his lips with a wink.

This time I growl audibly and Trent laughs with pure joy. He's such a fucking child. I know he's gay but if that's what he sees when he looks at her, every other unmated horny male is going to see the same thing.

I shift nervously.

Fuck.

It's been five years and I feel like a schoolboy. I've dreamed about this day for years, hoping she would come back. And now she's here, I'm at a loss.

Trent pours two glasses of his infamous wolfnip-infused whiskey.

"I don't know what you're nervous about bro. She's really nice, friendly, beautiful smile. Just don't mention how short she is, her wolf doesn't like it."

At the mention of her wolf. Zeke is pacing.

Go run. Meet mate.

Soon Zeke, soon. I soothe him.

I throw back the burning amber liquid.

"Is she running?" I ask, disappointed when Trent shakes his head.

"She said no, but you know that means nothing. Once she scents you, and the bond is acknowledged, it's game on. She's here for three days, there's no way you are not going to meet. The ball is in your court brother. So what do you plan to do?"

I shake my head and refill my glass.

I don't even know. I wasn't expecting this. I glance sideways at Trent and sigh heavily.

"I've entered into an agreement to take a chosen mate. My Dad is handling the arrangements."

"Why the fuck would you do that." Trent almost chokes on his whiskey.

"You know exactly why. I'm twenty-five and she's never shown any interest in me. I've waited five years, and I'm being pressured by my Dad and the pack - they want a Luna."

"Well, you can stop that shit now. You're Alpha of Blood Stone, not him. Unless you believe all that Crystal Moon Curse shit too." he challenges me.

"Fuck off, you know I don't believe that crap."

"Well, then there's nothing holding you back. Grow a pair and go get your mate."

Shit, I hate it when Trent is right.

Game on.

*********************************************************************************************** 

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

67.3K 2.9K 44
Rejected by her mate five years ago, Eva Highwater has been tormented by the mate bond with her mate Alpha Dante Black - all because her wolf will no...
85.4K 6.9K 48
After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was until he discovered the Moon Goddess had...
3.2K 287 37
#1 in Werewolf Romance Fiona Quinn leads an affluent lifestyle in Dublin until an unexpected encounter with two mysterious men sets her off on a per...
256K 13.9K 59
18+ SPIN-OFF to The Eternal Curse Everett has been waiting for his mate longer than most. He's fantasised about his future Luna joining him in his ad...