Kurama X reader: A night to r...

By DevilishGal

You went out drinking with your best gal friend and ended up meeting some very awesome people there. and befo... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2

Chapter 3

144 8 9
By DevilishGal

A/N: this is an X reader fanfiction. You are part of this story so if you see this ---> (Y/N) this means insert Your Name. enjoy reading <3

.....................................................

Its the sixth day since (Y/N) arrived at Genkai's place. She had improved impressively within such a short span of time. which made Genkai proud of her. She's even starting to tweak the Concoction of some of the writings in their family book of ancient medicine.

(Y/N) was panting as she took each slow steps going back to Genkai's place from gathering more ingredients from the market. "Why the hell is my cardio still this bad??! after all that spiritual training" as much as she complained to herself she kept on walking until she reached the top.

She was about to push the gate open when she halted, she felt 4 familiar energies, but this time she can feel it more stronger and clearer than when she had first encountered it. "There's new familiar energies here, where have I felt them before?" she took a deep breath. She Feels her body hair tingling from how extraordinary powerful these newcomers were but one energy felt weakened.

She pushed the gate open, letting herself in "Oh god.. " she said in shock as she recognized the red-haired guy who's laying on the ground soaking onto his own blood. The three guys surrounding him, which she recognized as well, all looked wounded severely and worn out. They looked at her, there's fear and panic in their eyes.

Genkai was the one who broke that 5 seconds silence but felt like a lifetime. "Bring kurama inside !" Genkai shouted "(Y/N) Hurry, get the medicine from the back!" The boys immediately carried Kurama and (Y/N) runned as fast as she could to the back.

Her heart felt like it would jump out of her chest, she's shaking badly that gathering the stuff needed was a struggle, she knocked down a chair and opened each of the cupboards frantically looking for the first aid kit which she found in the corner cupboard. Opening the first aid box with such force and shaky hands made a huge mess, everything fell out, some landed at the table and the rest onto the floor. She picked up a bandage, gauze, betadine, isopropyl alcohol , 4 bottles of the lotus medicine, and an extra piece of cloth. She had everything wrapped around her arms carrying it all at once and runned back to the guest bedroom.

As she arrived, she saw Genkai's hand over Kurama's lifeless body emitting blue orb, She's trying to stabilize his condition and to stop the bleeding. (Y/N) body is like on autopilot, she open one of the bottles of the lotus medicine and tipped it over Kurama's lips, making him drink the medicine. Botan was helping Yusuke, Hiei and kuwabara with their wounds on the side.

Finally, Kurama's bleeding stopped, And they were able to clean the wounds and patch him up as well but Genkai's face was still grim (Y/N) was afraid to ask but Genkai saw how worried she looked. "We.. cured some of his minor wounds and was able to give him back some of his strength to fight for his life but he's infected." Everyone was silent.. No one can utter a word out. "And the damn lotus ain't working on him because his wound is right straight into his heart"

"M-maybe if we give him more doses he'll survive?" (Y/N) said grabbing some of the medicine, tears on the edge of her eyes but Yusuke grabbed her wrist. (Y/N) looked at him and Yusuke just shook his head, just like her on the verge of his tears.

"NO? Then let's inject it right at his heart! We can't let him die !" (Y/N) raised her voice, yanking her wrist off of Yusuke's hand. Yusuke looked at Genkai hoping that would be the answer but Genkai looked like she's in pain and had to shake her head as well and looked down.

"NO?? So what now? We can't let him turn into that kind of thing!! We have to save him! Pls!" (Y/N) was sobbing hard that made Botan burst into tears as well. "(Y/N) there's nothing we can do now but wait.." Botan tried to hug her to give comfort but (Y/N) pushed her and stood up.

"How much time left before he turned into one?" (Y/N) asked with her fist clenched, nails digging into her palm.

Hiei was the one who answered. "6 hrs.."

(Y/N) runned and went to the back where they are making the medicine, she grabbed her ancient book, flipping through pages looking for an answer, with no luck, she went to the library of Genkai and started pulling out other traditional medicinal books and history as well. Looking for an answer that could probably save Kurama's life.

3hrs later, Books scattered around the floor, trial and error of medicine all lined up at the table, she now has 2 promising medicines , still originated from the Lotus but with a lot of modification and prayers that at least one would work to save kurama's life.

She went back to Kurama's room upon opening the door, she saw Hiei crying beside Kurama. He immediately wiped his tears away and looked mad. "May I come in?" He didn't say a word so She entered and closed the door behind her. She sat across from Hiei on the other side of Kurama.

"I'm sorry if you're mad at me for being here but i have to try and save him" (Y/N) looked at kurama and saw that his skin is starting to turn black, some patches of fresh wounds have appeared all over his body as well. She gazed up to Hiei who was silent and was trying to hold back his tears.

"Your name is Hiei, right? Well you don't have to stop your tears. your friend is dying you have all the reason to be upset and to cry it out" (Y/N) said softly.

Hiei glared at her, tears rolled down his cheek. He wiped it again and punched the floor so hard, she definitely heard some bones crack. "Upset? I'm not just upset. I'm miserable and mad! But not at you.. At myself. And for his stupid ass for saving me! I should be the one dying, not him! He didn't have to sacrifice himself!! This is all my fault" before he could punch the floor again and abuse his hand. (Y/N) moved quickly over to his side, hugging him to stop him.

"Hey.. don't say that. Kurama would not like that and I'm sure he did it because he cares for you." Her embrace loosened and they looked at each other. "He didn't have to! I'm not worthy as I've done horrible things before, I even stabbed him before!"

"Regardless of how many times you've stabbed him, literally. I know You'll never stab him in the back. And I'm 100percent sure that you'd do the same for him. You'd risk your life to save him, or really anyone from the team" (Y/N) wiped Hiei's tears away and smiled kindly at him.

"What makes you so sure, I'd do that?" Hiei sighs.

"You wouldn't be bawling your eyes out if you wouldn't" (Y/N) went back to her original place.

"Hmp! It's just Kurama not the team" Hiei scoffed.

"Yeaah for sure! I believe you" (Y/N) said sarcastically while making Kurama drink the medicine.

"Maybe Yusuke but Not Kuwabara!" He's sounding like his usual self now.

"Aw come on, I saw that special kind of bickering and teasing you and Kuwabara have at that club. That was really a bond no one can compete with." She's worried about Kurama but seeing Hiei being flustered and denying he cares for his friends was really adorable. She had to tease him.

"Shut up human. Just focus on healing kurama!"

"Sheesh! That's the thanks I get after comforting you? And I just made him drink the medicine, there's nothing i can do now" (Y/N) hold kurama's hand. she almost let it go as she felt how cold he's turning.

"We wait til it works. And if not?" Hiei asked worriedly.

"Well After an hour and if it didn't work, there's another one but.. Its the last hope." her voice was rasped. Holding his hand tighter.

After an hour, Kuwabara and Yusuke got the little rest they needed and went back to Kurama's room. They were insisting for Hiei to get some rest too but Hiei will not leave Kurama's side.

And since the first one didn't work, they watched as (Y/N) shakingly made kurama drink the second medicine.

Kuwabara put his hand over (Y/N)'s shoulder. "This will work. Kurama is a tough guy, he'll be alright" (Y/N) couldn't speak and just nodded in response. Her throat felt so dry that if she was forced to talk she might end up crying.

Yusuke cleared his throat. "Who would have thought that you're part of our world? And you were helping us while we kicked butts over the other side! Crazy how the world works!" he patted (Y/N)'s head trying to comfort her as well. "Thank you," he added.

"Its nothing.. " she said so softly staring at kurama only, hoping his complexion would return to normal or that his hand would have some bit of warmth.

"Kurama never forgot about you" Yusuke said and it caught (Y/N)'s attention. "He was worried how maybe you thought he ghosted you or something, and he mentioned many times how he'll look for you when we finish our mission. But you found us instead" he smiled kindly at her.

(Y/N) smiled back. It truly made her happy to hear that and more sad at the same time. "Isn't t-there something else we can do to save him??? Are there no skilled healers in the spirit world??"

"There are healers but not as skilled as your clan as I've heard from Botan. Heck that's why you were the one making the medicine." Yusuke sweatdropped.

"But the first one didn't work ! and i'm not sure if this will happen and we only have 2hrs left to save his life!" Tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I'm new to this!! I'm not skilled. My family members are not practicing this anymore! I need help.. We need help, we need to save Kurama!" (Y/N) was now having a mental breakdown, losing hope.

The boys tried to comfort her but they all ended crying all together when an hour had passed and Kurama's state was getting worse. You can barely feel his energy and his life withering away right before them.

Genkai arrived at the scene with Botan. They just got back from the spirit world delivering the medicine and seeking knowledge to save kurama's life.

Hiei asked her immediately.  "Genkai, did you find a way to save him?" He sounded desperate. They all were at this moment.

"I did... but it requires sacrifice" Everyone listened intently at her. Genkai looked at (Y/N) sadly.

"I learned that before they made this medicine their clan was healing them through their spiritual energy. A special ability. Their orb is bright red not blue, when performing this, Because thats how their true power manifest, by mixing their spirit energy and their life together to heal any impossible near death situation"

"Many died using their ability to heal others as it requires their own life, giving half of their life along with their spirit energy. Imagine how draining that is! They banned the use of their spectacular ability and downgrade their practice into healing others only with the spirit energy and medicines" Genkai finished with a sigh.

Everyone looked nervous and more worried after hearing this.

"We can't do that!" Yusuke said.

"(Y/N) is new to all of this, she'll die" Hiei said as a matter of fact.

"We are not putting two lives in danger!" Kuwabara chimed in.

(Y/N) is hyperventilating, her head spinning she took a very deep breath and let it out. She yelled out "EVERYONE SHUT UP!" she looked at Genkai and bowed, "Please teach me. I'll save kurama no matter what."

"Do you understand how dangerous this is? You can die if you over do it or if you lose control" Genkai said sternly,

"It's my life and I'll do what I want with it! I can't just sit here and let him die, knowing that there's a chance for him to survive, a chance that the both of us can make it out of this alive, even if that chance is very slim. Please teach me!"

"Very well.. Give them some space" Genkai ordered and everyone backed away.

Genkai pulled out an old box and she opened it and took out the dagger that's been resting there for over 100 years. "From your ancestors. And You.... You have to cut both of your wrist and let the blood flow as you produce your spirit energy"

(Y/N) gulped , sweating as she took the dagger from Genkai.

"This is suicide" Botan murmured crying on the side. Kuwabara gave her a one arm hug.

"Thats why the orb was bright red..." (Y/N) commented as she positioned herself well , holding the dagger, waiting for Genkai's signal.

"Focus your mind as your blood flows out, imagine your spirit energy intertwining with your blood. Empty your mind and Don't break your concentration of healing him but stop immediately if you feel like you're about to end yours" (Y/N) just looked at Genkai and nodded.

"(Y/N) I'm serious. stop when you should" Genkai reminded her, she's worried sick too but (Y/N) is determined to save kurama. She just nodded again as she doesn't want to lie to Genkai that she can stop when needed.

(Y/N) took a deep breath as she made a cut across her two wrists, she winced as she felt the sharp pain. She groaned and sat straight focusing her mind, and her spirit energy. trying to ignore the throbbing pain as the blood runned down to her palms and her blue spirit energy intertwined with her blood, suddenly changing its color into bright red, the orb forms around her palm. And started healing him, not even a second passed by she can feel and see that he is healing with this technique.

It gave her hope but she realized immediately how harder to use this than the regular way of healing. she's being drained way too fast, she feels so weak already her whole body is shaking. But she kept going and going, Kurama's open wounds disappearing, his heart starting to beat a bit faster.

A bit more and more and his color is coming back to normal as well at the same time (Y/N) is turning pale, drenched to her sweats. Shaking badly she fell into a slouched position, almost breaking her concentration.

Everyone was ready to catch her, and they all were practically telling her to stop. Yelling all at once.

"STOP!"

"(Y/N) that's enough"

"You're gonna die if you don't stop!"

"HEY STOP IT NOW"

"I will knock you out,if you don't stop!"

(Y/N) looked up at them her eyes changed into bright crimson, she's into deep in her true power like she's in a trance and on autopilot. She's definitely stronger because she was able to summon a force field that appeared around Kurama and her.

Everyone was trying to break down her shield to save her but they couldn't break it down.

Drained, and felt like she's dying, gasping for air but she didn't stop until she saw that kurama is back to normal and that his heart is beating perfectly fine and his spirit energy stabilizing. She smiled weakly at Kurama knowing he is out of danger now. Her orb disappeared, her eyes returned back to its original color, it rolled back and she collapsed along with her force field.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨πŸ’Œΰ­§β‹† Λšο½‘β‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
342K 16.5K 77
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...