Meta Runner - The Conduits

By MRTCRonny

a story based on a AU i have created long ago. i won't say spoilers of the series. You have to see it by your... More

Chapter 1 - The Blue Jay and The Eagle
Chapter 2 - Online Warp
Chapter 3 - Link of Hacks
Chapter 4 - Phoenix Wright
Chapter 6 - Side Quests
Chapter 7 - Titan Mode
Chapter 8 - Starting Chaos Mode
Chapter 9 - Chaos Mode
Chapter 10 - Give Me InFAMOUS (Season Finale)
Season 2 { Book Cover }
Season 2: Chapter 1 - New Profiles
Season 2: Chapter 2 - Here Comes New Challengers
Season 2: Chapter 3 - Ctrl C + Ctrl V
Season 2: Chapter 4 - End Tutorial and Boss Fight
Season 2: Chapter 5 - The Trap Cave
Season 2: Chapter 6 - The Tutorial
Season 2: Chapter 7 - Relogged
Season 2: Chapter 8 - Load State
Season 2: Chapter 9 - Critical Damage
Season 2: Finale - Mission Succeeded.
Season 3: Chapter 1 - Rewind Game
Season 3: Chapter 2 - Cartridge Corruption
Season 3: Chapter 3 - Adoption Button
Season 3: Chapter 4 - Return
Season 3: Chapter 5 - First Boss
Season 3: Chapter 6 - Time Trial
Season 3: Chapter 7 - Last Chance
The Great End - Game Over

Chapter 5 - Voice Call

244 2 0
By MRTCRonny

༒︎☾ Previously on Chapter 4 ☽༒

Mario, the one who didn't want to get involved in the things of the MD5, hesitantly became the attorney for one of the friends of Tari, Belle Fontiere, and finally claiming she is innocent.

Now, he was on the way to free Masa from the jail. Now that he has a witness, everything will be easier about it. But the first thing he need to do, is gain the edgy boy's trust

Belle's P.O.V

I was free.. Free from the jail.. Finally... And all thanks to Mr. Mario.. But.. I think we still need to free Masa.. But how are we going to do that? Does he have a plan on how to do this?

Well, i just looked at him with a little smile once we were out of the courtroom and on the wait for the bus, but then i looked worried.

Mario was smoking at that moment.. But the cigar was shining red instead of the normal way which is some yellow sparkles and red smoke..

That was so strange.. Yet i knew he had something on his mind to get Masa free.

Mario — "Ugh.. I didn't want to get involved into this.. But i couldn't help but accept your friend's promise."

"Oh.. Sorry if i am being a bother to you.. I mean, you didn't need to help me, i would get free soon enough.."

Mario — "Nah.. You're not being a bother.. None of you and your friends are.. It's just i have passed through a lot of issues and i just want to have some peaceful moment..."

"Oh.. Alright, if you say so.."

Mario — "Well.. About your friend Masa, i have a plan on how to get him out."

"You do? Really?!"

Mario — "Yeah. You are witness of the situation you passed, right?"

"Uhm, yeah, sure"

Mario — "Well, we just need to get the reason who made him kill the victim. You guys have robotic arms that can be possibly hacked through chips."

"Huh? What do ya mean? You mean, like, someone did hack his arm? But well, if i remember, he got a new arm from someone, so possibly that is true."

Mario — "There you go. Here it is, the proof. All we just need is to get the proof from the arm. Possibly, there will be some tracking chip on it."

"You're right. Well, i'm in. Just to get rid of this bullcrap for once and for all, and finally get to see my friends."

Mario — "Alright, m'lady. Cheers up and get on the mood, love."

"Hey, shut up! Don't talk in that tone,  you sound strange like that, ya weirdo."

He just chuckled. He.. He did like my angry-ish tone? Huh, why am i feeling so strange with this boy? I mean.. He's not a boy, he's an old man, actually.

Well, anyway, then, we were back at the jail, but this time, the one where Masa was.

Mario was the first to talk to him, even though i wanted to talk to him before him so he could gain trust about Mario, but i couldn't contradict him or else everything go down.

There was him.

Mario was already knocking on the cell. His Canadian Officer badge was on his vest and his gun on the holster so Masa could recognize he was a cop.

Mario — "Hey, sadboy. Look up. Wake up and look up to see a new face around here."

Masa — "Huh? What? Who are you?"

Then, he noticed the badge..

Masa — "A Cop.. Alright, why are you here, specifically at my cell? Am i going to be made fun of?"

Mario — "Listen here, amigo, i didn't take a travel to this city to listen to edgy talk, so listen to me cuz i will say it once: I am a friend of Sofia. Lieutenant Mario Danvers, and i will be your attorney for your judgement."

Masa — "Sofia's friend? Huh i never seen you before, so i need to know, how do you know her name and where is Sofia? Why she didn't told me she had a cop as a friend?"

Mario — "Welp, i met her some weeks ago, and she wanted to get out of this city to be safer. But she and her friend Tari wanted the entire group back again. So there i am. Being the attorney of your friends to bring them to Canada and stay safe."

Masa — "What...?"

Mario — "Did i stutter?"

Masa — "I don't believe you. How must i believe that a random guy that i never seen before has my friends in another place and now they want to help me?"

"Because i do, Masa."

Masa — "What? Who said-?"

"Me. I'm right here, man."

Masa — "Belle? But, how you are out of Jail?"

"Are you deaf or dumb? Mario was my lawyer, i am innocent, i was free thanks to this man! He even said that, he is a Lieutenant and a Lawyer!"

Masa — "But- He- What if he is from-?"

"Ugh, grow up man! He helped me, so i trust him, and just because someone helped me doesn't mean he is from that certain corporation!"

Masa — "Ngh.. You didn't chsnge at all.. Fine, i will trust you, and this Mario guy. But how are you guys gonna get me free? I am suspect of murder."

"I am the witness."

Mario — "And the proof is right inside your arm." He said, pointing out Masa's cybernetic forearm.

Masa — "My arm? But how.. Hoe do you know that it has the proof?"

Mario — "Simple."

I couldn't notice, but the security cameras was obstructed with smoke on the lenses and the audio cable was burning so the voices could be static or glitching. Then some sparkles of smoke has appeared surrounding Mario, and suddenly, he was disappeared in ashes and just phased through the cell's door.

"WHAT THE- ?!"

Masa — "Huh?! What the hell?!"

Then, Mario was back in full body, right in front of Masa.

Masa — "W-What the hell are you?!"

Mario — "Conduit. Some kind of enhanced human. But enough talk about me, let me do something.."

Masa — "A Conduit.. Wait.. Lamar has told me that once, but i thought that was just some kind of generic anime weird species!"

Then, all i could do was witness Mario phasing his hand through Masa's new arm's shell and then, after taking some minutes, he could take some kind of chip that was inside it. Luckily, the tracking one.

Then, he was back outside the cell. With the chip on his hand.

Masa — "Huh? A chip..? Wait.. I know these ones.. So that means.. My arm was hacked.. That damn Marco.."

Mario — "There we go. The proof in hands."

"Uhm.. Well, that was certainly strange, horrifying and scary, but at least it was useful."

Masa — "I hate to admit, but i agree.."

Mario — "Welp. Now let's just wait for the judgement."

"Oh! Alright, right."

Then Mario has went out of the jsil with the proof in hands, holding it carefully to not break it but also making sure that someone doesn't steal it. I just took my way to rent an apartment so i can wait for the judgement of my friend.

Saturday - December 22th, 2021
Time: 14:37pm

Then, we were back at the professionalism of Mario.

It wasn't that hard, but different from before, it was a bit complicated for Mario to defend Masa since he was accused of murder

But still

Mario has studied a lots of years in law school, so he did know how to argument the cause of his murder

With me as a Witness

And the proof in hands

Masa was finally free from Jail, since he was declared Innocent.

I thought it was over now

But it seems like, it was just the TAS Corp situation was over

I think we got into a new adventure

With Super-humans

Vampires

And animal-shaped humans

But for now, we had some days, even weeks of peace now that we got to the place in Canada, and met each other back again.

This brother of Mario is always the one who tries to make people happy, so we can relieve the stress after what he passed

Also, Mario seemed to interact very well with him, along with some fights and scolds since they are brothers

But they seem to be happy to help us

I think i am happy for it as well.

But well, only the time can tell if we are gonna still get some peace after what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381 1 30
THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF MY OTHER STOry...New adventures...(smg4 oc insert) (Book 2 of 3) READ THAT ONE BEFORE THIS
2.8K 40 12
⋆⋆ Please read the warning chapter before proceeding, thank you. ⋆⋆ "Oh god, it's breaking out-!" SMG1 panicked. He then started using his meme power...
6.8K 74 15
-First Half- Mario was enjoying his peaceful nap outside of the castle, until it was interrupt by (Y/N), Machito & Tari running in fear from Meggy...
5.8K 222 24
The end came and went for humanity of old. An uncontrollable spark that quickly raged out of control. Tacet was there to see it. He lived and fought...