What We Used To

By MissGoddessNella

"If after this the rainbow will not appear and if the butterflies in our stomach are dead, will you still fly... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 7

848 39 3
By MissGoddessNella

A i a h

"Sheena," she looked in my direction as I called her. She was on her way out of the cafeteria when I found her.

"Aiah! Si Miks?" She automatically looked in every direction looking for my girlfriend.

"She's at the library right now. Sinadya ko siyang iwan doon because I have a favor to ask you that shouldn't be known by her." I told her. "If that's alright with you."

"Hmm, medyo interesting and suspicious ha." She teased me. "Okay, ears on you."

"I am planning to surprise Miks kasi, you know, to know that I appreciate everything she did for me."

She smirked, "sabi ko nga interesting eh. Hays, when kaya? So, how am I gonna help?"

"Since kayo ang madalas na kasama ni Miks beside me, I want you to keep an eye on her during the preparation. You have to make sure that she won't notice anything regarding the surprise."

Tumangu-tango siya, "sounds easy."

"Also, you'll be the one to accompany her papunta as a venue. I'll be asking one of my colleagues to act for me and it will be a guy. Dapat makita ni Miks na magkasama kami near the parking lot and then you guys will initiate to follow us." I explained.

"Ang dali, wala na bang mas hihirap?" I chuckled.

"So, you're in?"

"Anything for you and Miks, malakas kaya kayo sa'kin."

I smiled at her, "thanks, Shee. Sabihan mo na lang sina Gwen and Stacey, ha? Baka hindi ko sila makita around campus today or kung makita man, baka kasama niyo si Miks. Speaking of, I need to head back to the library baka naghihintay na 'yon."

Maloi, Jhoanna and I are sitting in our armchairs while eating the snacks we bought outside the school earlier. Break time and we chose to eat snacks inside the classroom since umiiwas nga kami kay Miks today. I haven't texted her all day kaya malamang napa-paranoid na 'yon.

"Girl, kanina pa tunog nang tunong 'yang phone mo. Wala ka ba talagang planong sagutin ang tawag ni Mikha?" Jhoanna asked before taking a bite to her sandwich.

"As much as I want to, I can't sabotage myself. Mikha will immediately know if I am hiding something from her. She knows me very much that she'll understand everything just from a simple gesture of mine. I can't ruin my own plan, you know."

"Okay, I just hope that your choice of not contacting her would be the greatest hindrance of this plan. Baka imbis na ma-touch ay magalit pa siya sa'yo sa hindi pagre-reply sa mga texts niya." Maloi said.

"Mikha's not like that, as if you do not know." I defended her.

"Joke lang naman," Maloi nudged my elbow. "Anyway, the staff said that everything's fine na raw."

"Okay, that's great. Let me just talk to Rey about the act later."

I went out of the classroom. Nakita ko ang blockmate kong si Rey na nakasandal sa may railings at nagme-memorize ata no'ng tula para sa recitation namin sa Lit.

"Hey," I greeted him.

"Lover girl," pang-aasar niya so I chuckled a little.

"Your girlfriend's on her way here. Look at the part of the hallway near the stairs," he said while pretending that we were having a fun conversation.

I laughed a little before replying, "she went back downstairs."

Nice one, Aiah, now Mikha seems to be really jealous. You chose a great actor, huh?

"Yari ka sa jowa mo, Aiah," pananakot ni Rey.

"I guess so, let's deal with that later. Nice acting skills, huh? Please reserve some for later. Thank you for doing me the favor."

"You're welcome." I went back inside the classroom just in time for our next subject.

When the class ended, I immediately texted Sheena to bring Mikha near the parking lot. As soon as I saw them walking past us, Rey and I walked in the opposite direction but heading on the same destination— the parking lot.

"... palagi kaming nagko-communicate pero ngayon..." I heard Mikha said when we walk past them. Maybe she's ranting about me. Medyo nagi-guilty tuloy ako, am i making her feel too much?

I laughed a little and Rey got the cue. He talks about random funny stuff that we practiced so it won't look awkward and I tried my best to laugh softly as if I'm really interested in it. The truth is, kinakabahan talaga ako.

When we reached the parking lot, Rey opened the door of his car for me. We chose to use his car to make Mikha more alarmed. I guess it's working since I saw how bad her face was when she saw me go inside. I simply nodded at Stacey and I saw her acting as if she's a police officer ready to raid the criminals. She even pulled Mikha inside the car.

Even me feels so anxious about this. Baka hindi magustuhan ni Mikha ang ginawa kong pagpapanggap today at baka madala siya ng nararamdaman niyang inis or whatsoever sa'kin. Umiling-iling ako. Knowing her, hindi siya nagtatanim ng sama ng loob and super appreciative niyang tao kaya I know that everything's gonna be worth it.

When we reached the garden-themed coffee shop I rented, I immediately went inside to fix myself and sat in the chair with a microphone stand in front of it. I'll be singing for Miks and I'm kinda nervous.

Gwen went inside to ask for a cue if she should let Mikha in. I nodded and she went back outside. Seconds later, Mikha came rushing towards the shop, crying. And there, Rey strummed the guitar while I sang my heart out, letting Mikha hear the melody of my love.

Sa unang tingin, agad na nahumaling

Sa nagniningning mong mga mata

Ika'y isang bituin na nagmula sa langit

Hindi ko mawari ang taglay mong tinatangi

Sadya namang nakakabighani

'Di maipaliwanag ang nararamdaman (ooh)

I saw how her body relaxed as soon as she heard me singing. From standing there like a statue, she nods her head and smiles as if she's saying "you fooled me, one score for you."

Namumukadkad ang aking ligaya

Sa tuwing ika'y papalapit na

Hawakan mo ang aking kamay

Oh, Paraluman

Ika'y akin nang dadalhin sa

'Di mo inaasahang paraiso (hoo-hoo)

Palagi kitang aawitan ng Kundiman

'Di magsasawa, 'di ka pababayaan

Isasayaw kita hanggang sa walang hanggan (hoo-hoo, hoo-hoo)

I stood up from my seat taking the microphone from the stand. I walked towards her, stretching my hands for her to hold it. I thought she's gonna turn me down when she didn't accepted it but instead, she gave me a tight hug.

Mga gunita na laging naiisip (naiisip)

Sumisilip (sumisilip) ang itinakda ng mahiwaga

Liwanag na dulot mo, nagbigay sinag sa madilim kong mundo (ooh-ooh-oh)

Ibang-iba ako kapag ikaw na ang kapiling

Sumisiping ang buwan at mga bituin

Na para bang sumasang-ayon sa atin ang kalawakan (kalawakan)

I cried in her embrace. She kept on singing kahit na nararamdaman ko na ring naiiyak siya dahil umiiyak ako.

"I thought... you were cheating on me." I let out a small chuckle once I heard that. So cute and so precious to even find a reason to do that to her.

Namumukadkad ang aking ligaya

Sa tuwing ika'y papalapit na

Hawakan mo ang aking kamay (hoo-hoo)

Oh, Paraluman

Ika'y akin nang dadalhin sa

'Di mo inaasahang paraiso (paraiso, hoo-hoo)

Palagi kitang aawitan ng Kundiman

'Di magsasawa, 'di ka pababayaan

Isasayaw kita hanggang sa walang hanggan (hoo-hoo, hoo-hoo)

We danced through the music. I feel safe knowing that we had the same rhythm of heartbeats. Just like the music, every element was matched perfectly.

Himig ng tadhana (ah, ah)

Sa atin ay tumutugma na (tumutugma na)

Himig ng tadhana (ah, ah)

Sa atin ay tumutugma na (tumutugma na)

Himig ng tadhana (ah, ah)

Sa atin ay tumutugma na (ooh-ooh-ooh, hoo-hoo, hoo)

"I love you," She whispered.

Oh, Paraluman

Ika'y akin nang dadalhin sa

'Di mo inaasahang paraiso

Palagi kitang aawitan ng Kundiman

'Di magsasawa, 'di ka pababayaan

Isasayaw kita, mamahalin kita

Hanggang sa walang hanggan (hoo-hoo, hoo-hoo)

Bumitaw ako sa kaniyang nang matapos ang kanta. I took her hands and gently caressed it.

"Sorry if I made you worry, love." I started. "I didn't call you earlier kasi alam kong mabubuko mo ako if I do. Alam mo pa naman kapag nagsisinungaling ako."

She laughed and it's as good as the music, "'wag ka nang uulit, yari ka na sa'kin."

"I won't and I'm never gonna do these act outs in reality, duh. But seriously, I hope you like my surprise."

"I did not like it," I pouted upon hearing it. "I loved it. So much. Well done, love."

"I just want you to know that I appreciate everything you did for me. I appreciate you so much, love. Thank you for keeping me sane amidst all the disarray."

Tears fell down from her face. I cupped her face and gently wiped her tears with my thumb.

"Aiah..." She whispered.

"Yes, love?"

Yumuko siya, " I just... couldn't imagine life without you."

Note:

Dearest Readers,

Hello, how are you?

Special mention to my Dali @loveattygela, lakas mo sa'kin HAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it!

Love,

Janella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 3.7K 31
They loved each other truly,madly,deeply, wholeheartedly but, Their love story ended before it could get a name. They parted their ways before starti...
50.6K 2K 26
"𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗲𝗳𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲.." -Hori and Miyamura have just start...
6.2K 545 16
Anuseena loved eachother but due to some situations they got seperated and haseena losts her memory... What will happen when they will again meet af...
413K 10.8K 28
(Mature Audiences) It took Armani almost 3 years to find Amalia and now that he finally has her back he never plans on letting her go. But, when some...