The Returned Mate (BWWM) |TO...

By NiyWrites

*book two* It's been two years since Melodi left Caleb after finding out his father killed her best friend. ... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Finally

Chapter twenty

1.1K 68 10
By NiyWrites

Brandon sighed as he looked over to Jace and Paris. "Why is she here with us?" Paris rolled his eyes as he leaned closer to the bush. "Because, no one else wanted her." Lullaby growled. "You want to find that thing or not?" Jace sighed and pushed Lullaby's head down.

Paris made a gesture to the silver chains that held her bound. "I wouldn't get too feisty, I happen to know that those things are electric." Lullaby glared. "You wouldn't." Paris laughed softly. "I have a fiancé, and I have a wedding to plan, on top of that my friend-please don't tell her that I called her that-is missing, to be honest, I could care less about you being alive being as though you are the reason she is missing." Lullaby smiled.

"I guess two years was enough time to plan for a comeback, don't you think? And plus, you will never find out which of these red eye elder vampires took that beast." She taunted. Brandon slid over to Lullaby and put a silver piece of duck tape on her mouth. She growled, but it was muffled by the tape, so she glared.

Brandon, Jace, and Paris smiled. "That's better." Jace said. Brandon knew he didn't want to be here, he wanted to be with Gabriella, who was already starting to show, because wolves give birth after four months. But the pack knew that Jace loved Melodi just as much as her own brothers.

They looked forward just in time to see the vampire walk out of the broken down abandoned house. "I guess it's time to interrogate the supposed kidnapper." Brandon said in a low voice, he stood, making himself known, and as soon as the vampire saw him....

He ran.

__________________________

Klara walked into Ethan's room after knocking, he was in his wheelchair, wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a white shirt, bags under his eyes. "Hey, did you get any sleep?" She walked to him and lifted his chin so she could get a better look. The nurse smiled. "Are you a family member?" Klara looked over to the nurse and returned the smile. "My sister was his mother, but I have been taking care of him since she passed."

Ethan saw the look of pain on Klara's face as she said those words. He cleared his throat and the two ladies looked at him. "What is my first exercise?" The nurse took the hint and grabbed the handles to his wheelchair and motioned Klara and Cecelia to follow.

"First, they want to check and make sure that you at lest have feeling in your legs." Ethan rolled his eyes, but kept silent. "How long do you think it will take until he can learn to walk again?" Cecelia asked softly, holding Ethan's hand. The nurse looked at the interlocked hands and for a second, an emotion flashed through her face.

As if she knew something, but it disappeared quickly and was covered with smile. "Doctor Violet predicts - due to him being in a coma for a few months - he will be walking in nine months or so." Ethan suddenly thought about the dream he had.

"Is there a way to learn to walk any faster?" The nurse laughed, and Ethan, even though his back was to her, he could see her, those blond curls bouncing as she laughed. Ethan didn't trust her.

But why?

"Yes, if you body heals quick enough and your brain starts to unlock memories of that night, or minutes before, or even begin to heal, you will be able to walk ag sing in about...six months." Ethan sighed and watched as they walked into an all white room.

And standing in front of them, back turned, was someone had remembered. "The guy from the forest." His wolf said.

He turned and smiled.

"Hello Ethan, my name is Desmond, and I will be taking care of your exercises until you can walk again."

Ethan's slow beating heart began to pump faster. Desmond tilted his head.

"Now, shall we begin?"

__________________________

Jay looked behind himself to Caleb, who was gazing around the woods. "The warehouse is this way?" Caleb nodded. "There is a road that leads to it by the cemetery, but if you follow the road, it leads to a dead end." Jay raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" Caleb shrugged. "I may have partook in that action. He looked up to Jay. "But who cares right? I had two years to do it, and no on went down that road anyway, every one in that cemetery who had family stopped showing up, flowers rotted, dying slowly, words from loved ones becoming a faint hiss in the wind."

Jay kept his eyes on Caleb as he walked forward. "You know, when I was your age, I had a childhood friend, he was a very different friend, a special vampire, you see, I could show up in daylight, I had Klara's sister for that, but he was...just someone I could turn to, he was the best friend a lost soul could ever have.

"I was born a vampire, then, cast aside so my parents could escape from the chambers of the elders-or the older vampires, ones that have lived longer than anyone, human and supernatural-he was there with me when a family took me in, I could imagine the look on there face, a child, not even a day old, slowly dying.

"And I was a vampire, they knew that the moment they looked me in the eye. I guess that's why they took me in, because they wanted a child of their own." Jay looked down and as he walked, drew a small smile on his face. Caleb was now walking beside him, listening.

"My mother then told me the reason they couldn't have a child of their own. They weren't paired. They went against the laws that said that vampires all had Ones, and they fell for each other. But they couldn't have another child. I realized that my parents went behind the backs of the elders, just for love.

"That when so met him. He was a wild person back then, older than me, not even an adult yet, I was still growing, trying to figure out human blood from animal blood, he was always my neighbor, my friend, when I was on the verge of anger, he was there, telling me all the things I had to follow the rules for.

"And he knew my parents were criminals, wanted for falling in love with each other...and not their own pair. He was my family as I watched my mother get set on fire, he was there to hold me back as I looked into my fathers eyes....

"As they broke his kneck and burned him with my mother. I was angry, hatred sweeping into my veins faster than any human or physical thing. And that's when I would start to learn how to kill an elder, I would practice day and night, killing humans and taking their blood, not caring about the rules, their family, or the elders.

"But then...I met her, and even though she was a werewolf, I loved her. I ran into her as she was running through the woods, she was laughing at someone, I was hidden in the trees, nighttime was my only time to get things done, I was trying to get some hunting finished when so heard her laugh.

"I was so caught, driven by it, you could even say I was transfixed, mesmerized, I slipped from the tree right into her path. And I looked into her eyes. And as I looked at her, directly in the moonlight, I knew I wanted to protect her, and I knew I would have to tell her all the things I had done.

"But she accepted me, and made me a better person, so we would meet in secret, and we would spend nights together just...talking, until she announced that nights weren't enough for her, she wanted to see me in the day. So she talked her twin into making me a necklace that could make me able to stand the sun.

"The elders soon found out about me with a werewolf, an they came after me, it was before we had Levi and Vann, she was pregnant, her parents, loving me and approving me, even though I was a vampire, I was corners by them one day while I was getting food for Klara, I then noticed my best friend in the semi-circle, black robe...

"And red eyes."

Caleb looked at Jay in shock from this sudden information. "He wanted to protect me, but I kept breaking rules, going against the Elders, marrying a werewolf, joining her pack, and even getting her pregnant, so as I stood before him and told the circle to kill me, but to never touch my family...

"They let me go, he told them that the deed was done, and that it was highly impossible to have a hybrid nowadays, he made me promise that if I had a hybrid child I would give it to them. I promised and watched them leave.

"I wanted to thank my best friend, but he just shook me off and told me not to do any thing stupid." Jay looked up to the building up ahead, and looked over to Caleb. "And I know that I made a promise, but seeing Ethan in my sister-in-laws arms made me keep him a secret, she was a hybrid too, but she kept it quiet.

"But then Klara had Melodi...and I fell in love. She was the perfect little thing, but she started to grow fangs, and even in her baby years, we could tell she would be too powerful to keep a secret, just like Ethan, so on her tenth birthday, her auntie gave her the bracelet that we stayed up all night making, being as though it needed a lot of things I had to hunt for, we even put a tracker in it.

"But we knew it wouldn't keep her hidden for long, so as she was taken, we tried using the tracker, but it was leading us the wrong way, then, it was destroyed, and now, as I looked for my baby girl again, I realize that this time..." Jay slid away form the silent realization.

"They may have found her." Caleb said in a low voice. Jay opened his mouth, prepared to say something, when he saw a man saying in front of the warehouse. "Do you know him?" Jay questioned in a low voice, Caleb shook his head. "No..I don't think I do."

As they approached the building, a scent hit the two of them. The man spun around.

Caleb stopped as he took in the stranger.

"Dad?" He whispered.

The man smiled.

"Miss me?"

__________________________

Two words...

Happy Easter!

I know so am late on that but I wanted to finish the chapter first.

And get this guys...I put cliffhangers in this one.

Sorry, I know how you all hate them but *sighs* it had to be done.

Anyway, I love you guys, I hope you enjoyed your spring break and I hope when testing comes around.. you remain calm and kill it.

Love ya,
XOXOXOXOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

954K 24.4K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
Save Me By jlm

Werewolf

410K 15.8K 94
BEING EDITED. |Book One| For the past 3 years, she's been living a normal human life. Although she wasn't particularly happy, she preferred it more...
383K 7.4K 70
Breyanna is a normal werewolf, had a loving father who was the beta of The Heart Moon Pack, her mom the beta female who was always supportive of her...
2K 181 30
Baby Isabelle was left at someone's doorstep by her parents from the moment she was born because she was female. She was supposed to be a strong, ind...