The Lost Emerald Soul [Fantas...

By TheHinokami

Trapped in this new world Izuku Midoriya set off to explore the unknown with a burring desire to try and live... More

Evil's Last Laugh
Through The Forest
Izuku Finds Civilization!
Gathering Information & Gear!
Adventure Guild: First Mission!
Building Strength & Decisions
Adventurer Task: Goblin's Lair
Adventurer Task: Reporting In!
Onaia World Encyclopedia [Ongoing Updates]
Adventurer Task: Attaining A New Power?
Adventurer Task: Calm Before The Storm!
Adventurer Task: Goblin Suppression?
Adventurer Task: Demonic Goblin
Adventure Task: Emotional Moments
Letting Go, Forward!

Reflecting & Understanding Hardships

1K 47 4
By TheHinokami

3 POV:

Standing in his new room at the inn, Izuku looked at the mirror that was hanging on the wall. What he could see was a reflection that he recognized but at the same time was one growing to be completely different. It would also give him some nightmares along with a handful of sleepless nights because he could see his hair coated in dried blood along with his clothing tattered with blood smeared into it or across his skin. "I look like shit..." Izuku said out loud to no one but himself as he moved away from the mirror and proceeded to get into the small tub that was made out of some smooth material inside of his room. 'Must be some sort of monster material... it's not wood or a natural ore material that I can recall from earth.' Izuku thought as he sat in the tub without even removing his clothing due to the daze his mind was in as it wandered to random things.

Sitting there in a complete daze, Izuku started to think back to how the entire day went from when he went out to do what was meant to be a simple task for the adventure guild but had turned into a fight for his life to now ending up in a inn for the foreseeable future since he was no longer apart of the towns guard. Yes, that is right! Izuku Midoriya was a free man from the towns guard since there was a decent reward for the corpse of the Horned Gray Wolf since they were ranked as a grade 5 monster. There was sadly no outright kill task for the creature since they are hardly an issue for humans due to how far away they tend to be from settlements but there was a request for a mature Horned Gray Wolf pelt and horn. As such, this had earned Izuku a total of 1 Gold coin and 5 Silver which meant that after all of his recent expenses and the inn for the night, Izuku had a total of 1 Gold Coin and 20 Copper to his name! Of course, even in the haze of the death fight and dragging the corpse back to town there was one thing that did not escape his mind! This was the fact that once he got his reward and was let go from the guild after answering some questions on where he had located such a creature, Izuku went straight to the guard captain as he paid off his debt.

Of course the guard captain kicked Izuku out of the barracks right away and threw Izuku on the streets since he knew he couldn't earn any more money off of Izuku. Though, an inn in this town was not that costly overall but it still costed him 10 Copper coins which he had paid for an entire month in advance which was three silvers total. As such, this is how Izuku ended up in the tub he was now in at the inn because he was now a free man from the towns guard but also he was now in his state of haze or rather shock due to all of the events that had happened so quickly in this day. Looking at Izuku, could you see that the life in his eyes had dulled which was due to many reasons but the main one was the lesson or rather knowledge of how truly hard it will be for him to ever find a way home or the fact that he may never find a way home in this world. A creature out of nowhere in this world had almost claimed his life today and that realization was like a weight on his shoulders far greater than the weight of being the ninth user of One For All and having to defeat All For One. No.... that weight was one with a clear goal post where he had help running towards it but here he had no one nor a true goal post. There was the idea of going home but in reality how does one go home when you don't even know how you got to where you were in the first place. So having no clear goal post or path to take combined with an extremely hostile environment to live in felt down right soul crushing to Izuku right now to the point he just sat there in the tub while the water turned red due to all of the dried blood washing off of him.

After what felt like hours, Izuku started to move his body slowly as he rubbed water through his hair and cleaned whatever he could out of it and proceeded to finish his bath. As if he was on autopilot, Izuku threw his clothing off as they soaked the floor where they fell before he just slipped under the covers of his bed since the hotel had slightly a slightly better bed than his previous one in the barracks so it was much softer and cleaner. This was the complete and utter lack of regard Izuku had since he had just left everything to be a tomorrow's problem as he closed his eyes and let the pure exhaustion he was experiencing pull him away into the darkness. Sadly, for him he didn't have a quite a silent and peaceful sleep as he wanted.

"AAAAAHHH!" Izuku yelled as he woke up with a scream and uneven breathing due to the nightmare that he just had. 'Damnit...' Izuku thought as he pushed himself to be sitting up on the bed as he looked around the room and saw the mess it was from his lack of care the previous night. "Going to need to get new clothing soon..." Izuku muttered as the clothing he had received from his time in the barracks was really horrible and was more or less rags in his view and were without a doubt actual rags now that they were torn into pieces from the previous battle. However, there was one thing that did catch Izuku's eye and it was the box that the guard captain hard thrown at him when he was kicked out of the barracks. Grabbing it and sitting down on the bed, Izuku was downright shocked to see what was inside of the box because it contained what remained of his hero outfit. "I always wondered what that man did with this when they had detained me..." Izuku muttered as he held it out but soon he felt tears going down his face. Seeing his old outfit brought so many memories to his mind of his mother, All Might, his class, and so many other people that he didn't know if he would ever see again.

Setting the outfit down, Izuku stood up as he gripped his hands. 'I need to get stronger!' Izuku thought as he had come to a realization from the differences between the two worlds and it was the fact that he was to reliant on his quirk that he no longer can really use now. He had some basic strength but not enough to survive in this world. As such, Izuku got some basic clothing on and decided to set out into town to gather supplies and some knowledge from the local library to try and figure out how to get stronger so that his odds of surviving would grow! The first stop he knew he was going to make was to the blacksmiths shop to see the old man known as Miles Raymond as the man did say to come back if he survived his first few trips out of the town. Though it had only been one trip, Izuku was hoping to use some of the newest money to secure a bit better gear and equipment since his sword and equipment did get damaged a bit in his fight against the Horned Gray Wolf so he did need to get them repaired or buy new ones. As Izuku walked up to the shop he took a breath in before entering and locating the owner.

Before Izuku was even 10 steps into the shop the old blacksmith called out for him, "Oi... Brat come here." Said Miles Raymond as he waved his hand over to Izuku who just did as he was told since the old man was the sole blacksmith in town which meant it was a wise idea not to piss the man off else Izuku would be cut off from his only source of weapons' or other goods that he would need for his adventure work. "Hello, Sir." Izuku said as he stood near the blacksmith who looked at Izuku before going back to his work. It was silent for a few moments before the man spoke up, "So I've heard you went out and encountered a Horned Gray Wolf... how do you feel?" Miles asked and Izuku was stunned for a bit as he gripped his hand and sighed. "Worthless.... lucky.... stupid.... Many things because of how the situation could have gone or rather should have gone if I wasn't so luckily in that final moment." Izuku said as he admitted that his victory over the grade 5 creature was nothing but pure fortune and luck. The man nodded his head and grunted as he did the final swing on a sword he was working on.

"Good." Miles said which made Izuku raise an eyebrow. "It's good that you feel like that and recognize the facts of the situation. If you came in here being all proud about your kill then I would have been disappointed in you. You got lucky that it and the fact that you recognize it means you can be a very good adventure since you are recognizing your weakness and faults. I've spent many years in the forge but I have also spent many years as an adventurer in my younger days." Miles said shocking Izuku due to the fact that the man in front of him used to be an adventurer as well but then he realized that it shouldn't being that surprising that someone that carried themselves like the blacksmith does was an adventurer in the past.

The blacksmith continued to speak as he explained some aspects of his life and how he had seen so many young men or women go out to become adventures but failed after the first few times out due to meeting unexpected encounters in the wild. "Always expect the unexpected when you go out because you don't know what hides behind each bush in the forest. While the largest animals have your attention, you forget that even the smallest animal can become deadly in this world if given the chance. Learning this lesson, you shall build a foundation onto which you will grow." Miles said as he threw something over to Izuku. Catching the item, Izuku inspected it and found that it was new armor pieces to replace the damaged ones that he had currently. "Why are you being so helpful to me?" Izuku asked because he was honestly wondering if there was a hidden motive behind all of this. "Why indeed... Sometimes there is never a clear cut answer but for you... I would say it's because you remind me of my deceased son who was always so cheerful and bright. Maybe it's just an old man's wishful thinking that one less soul would die needlessly in the wilds by giving some random advice. Who knowns in the end." Said the blacksmith before he went back to his work leaving Izuku just confused and stunned of what he heard.

Moving into the shop, Izuku grabbed some more equipment that would offer some protection in more places as well as grabbed some satchel bags that had a bit more space in them. 'I wonder if this world has magic like inventory space...' Izuku thought as he paid the old blacksmith for all of the new equipment and the cost to repair his weapons which he would return in a few days to retrieve. Now he was ready to head to the local library where he would look up information on different subjects such as sword fighting, magic, healing herbs, and anything else that could benefit him in the long run since he is no longer bounded to the towns guard since learning this information now would just have made him restless in wanting to get out of the towns guard which wouldn't have done himself any good if he made a stupid decision before he could financially support himself like he could now.

Anyway, walking down a few streets we could find the local library which wasn't a large building like the church but it was still a decent sized building overall compared to most buildings in the town. Izuku walked up to the building and dropped a 2 copper coins in which was the entry fee to the building which was another reason on why he never bothered to look into the information to soon. It would be costly to keep coming to the building all of the time if he paid 2 copper coins each day since that would have killed his savings as a normal towns guards member since he didn't have much left back then after expenses. 'Now though, I can afford to come and go much more without running the risk of having to skip a meal or something to gain knowledge from this place.' Izuku thought as he stood in the opening of the entrance looking around the inner side of the building. Spotting a information desk, Izuku moved over towards it and started to flip the pages as he looked to see where certain subjects would be contained at. After a few minutes of looking through the information book, Izuku headed deeper inside of the building since he had an idea where each subject was going to be located based off the information desk.

The first place that Izuku decided to stop at was the section regarding swordsmanship as he knew he needed to get better at wielding a blade instead of just relying on brute strength like he did back home. Arriving in the section, Izuku found several books that talked about the basic swordsmanship styles of the kingdom and gave the instructions. 'These are what basic foot soldiers train in when joining the army...' Izuku thought as he saw the basic style was only 1 volume out of a set of 12 with a note that talked about the other 11 only being open to those apart of the army. 'That is smart of them. Getting the basic citizen of the kingdom to start learning the basics of the army stances means they could incorporate the citizens in a time of crisis.' Izuku thought as he put the army one away and looked at the others. Izuku looked over all of the books open to him and decided to talk a general stance one that didn't incorporate anything fancy into itself and was just the base stances and how to wield a sword. With that done, Izuku headed over towards the section on magic to only find himself somewhat disappointed as there was only 6 books total on the entire subject!

As he grabbed all of the books and sat down, Izuku started to read the first book which was called an introduction to magic. As he read the book he only frowned and continued to do so as the book mainly talked about the basics of what magic was in the world and that the only way to really know what aptitude for magic you had was to go to the church to get tested! 'That is concerning that the church is the sole place to get tested...' izuku thought as he kept reading. Overall, the introductions book did give Izuku an idea of what magic was in the world as they tended to be separated into two categories of magic which were offensive magic and protective magic which was broad by Izuku's standards since he thought it would go into elements or other things. Instead, this world viewed magic as either offensive or protective like healing magic that the church wields. Of course, there was individual branches of magic in either group of magic but the book didn't talk much about it. Instead it focused on the level of magic instead which was disappointing since there wasn't greater detail.

Going to the other books, even they didn't have much information for Izuku to use at all outside of stories of great magic users and how the church was the center point of protective magic users while offensive magic users tended to join the countries armies or become private magic users of nobles. 'There isn't really any gathering spot magic knowledge outside of the church which I feel is on purpose of the church doing... if they controlled the healers than they can't really be challenged at all.' Izuku thought and knew to be wary of the church moving forward if he ever decided to get his talent tested. Sighing, Izuku put the books back after he finished taking notes on some sheets of parchment that he had bought in the market area before coming to the library. Izuku truly did miss his endless supply of notebooks back home since even though paper or rather parchment was in good supply and relativity low cost, it didn't compare to his old notebooks that he used for quirk analyses. Now the only thing left was gathering knowledge of herbs and how to make basic medicines or what herbs could do what since he wouldn't always be near a town to get basic aid or a healer from the church.

After a few more hours of studying in the library, Izuku could be seen walking out the main doors as he stretched his back and arms. "That took some time..." Izuku could be heard muttering as he stepped down onto the street before turning back towards the inn. 'I need to decide if I want to risk going to the church to try and learn anything about magic or just giving up on it for now and focused solely on swordsmanship... I will need to go out on more tasks by the end of the week to start earning money again as well.' Izuku thought as he kept walking down the street with the sun setting down in front of him. 'I wonder how everyone is doing back home since it's be so long.' Izuku thought as he kept walking before he arrived back at his inn for the night just in time for them to have dinner ready for sell inside the main floor of the inn which Izuku smiled a bit at since it smelled much better than the stuff eh had been eating back at the barracks. 'Oh well.... No point in thinking of home right now since it's so far away. Better to focus on the present and gather my strength once again!' Izuku thought as he sat down and ordered several bowels of the food since he was not short on money in the slightest. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 1.3K 26
"What gives Life its value? The time or the person? You see I believe that life has a value because peoples' time is limited. But life loses all valu...
514K 16K 40
What happens to people that don't have quirks in a world full of quirks? What happens to the world when one quirkless person finally snaps? Well... c...
2.9K 116 10
(I don't think there's enough of these, so I'm making one here! Also I do not own the art or BNHA. I only own the story. Everything else belongs to t...
417K 11K 37
Izuku Midoriya was out on a walk one day when he discovered an injured man. This injured man happened to be All Might himself who had just been fight...