Winner Takes All

By braedencoxauthor

Jordyn Rivers. Twenty year old soccer player with a mouth of a sailor and an attitude that would give Regina... More

I N T R O
C H A R A C T E R A E S T H E T I C S + A / N
P L A Y L I S T
Chapter One ✘ The Real World
Chapter Two ✘ Jersey Chaser
Chapter Three ✘ Number 08
Chapter Four ✘ Bitchzilla
Chapter Five ✘ Golden Boy
Chapter Six ✘ Hungry Hyena
Chapter Seven ✘ One Man Show
Chapter Eight ✘ Vitamin D
Chapter Nine ✘ Personality Of A Pickle
Chapter Ten ✘ Monthly Expense Of WhiteClaw
Chapter Eleven ✘ Wildebeests
Chapter Twelve ✘ Jinxing Abilities
Chapter Thirteen ✘ Jacey
Chapter Fourteen ✘ Poseidon's Offspring
Chapter Fifteen ✘ Human Punching Bag
Chapter Sixteen ✘ Whack-A-Mole
Chapter Seventeen ✘ Fast & Furious
Chapter Eighteen ✘ Downfall
Chapter Nineteen ✘ Finders Keepers
Chapter Twenty ✘ Devil To My Saint
Chapter Twenty One ✘ Package Deal
Chapter Twenty Two ✘ Knight In Shining Armour
Chapter Twenty Three ✘ Deal's A Deal
Chapter Twenty Four ✘ Marine Vampire
Chapter Twenty Five ✘ Magic Word
Chapter Twenty Six ✘ Sinners
Chapter Twenty Seven ✘ Withdrawals
Chapter Twenty Eight ✘ Missing In Action
Chapter Twenty Nine ✘ Toothpaste Advert
Chapter Thirty ✘ Damsel In Distress
Chapter Thirty Two ✘ Baywatch
Chapter Thirty Three ✘ Therapy Session
Chapter Thirty Four ✘ Frenemy Fuck Buddies
Chapter Thirty Five ✘ Hotel Transylvania
Chapter Thirty Six ✘ Lethal In Red
Chapter Thirty Seven ✘ Smudged Lipstick
Chapter Thirty Eight ✘ Rite Of Passage

Chapter Thirty One ✘ Strawberry Shortcake

58.3K 1.7K 1K
By braedencoxauthor

"Your guilty conscious is going to be the death of me, you got so caught up in the moment."
Love You Like Me - William Singe

"Rivers. Sit your ass down."

I narrow my eyes down at the blonde who's glaring right back up at me, her inked arms crossed over her chest. For a flicker of a moment, I let my eyes wander up Jordyn's bare arms that are revealed from the red tank top she's wearing, tracing over the delicate tattoos on her tan skin.

"Stop fucking bossing me around." Jordyn grunts as I take a step back, shoving my hands into the pockets of my joggers.

"That's kind of the whole purpose of why I'm here. I'll bring it to you." I retort, walking over to the kitchen to fetch her the fruits she said she wants.

"You must live a very sad life to have nothing to do on a Friday night that you offer to babysit a fully grown woman." She calls after me, and I swivel on my feet, meeting her eyes from across the room as I step into the connected kitchen.

"Right." I clear my throat, trying not to think about how I didn't hesitate a second to agree when Faith had asked me if I could hang out with Jordyn, since I have no interest in watching a fucking opera anyway.

Pulling open the fridge, I peer in. It's quite filled, but the only fruits I can see is a big bowl of plump red strawberries. I grab it and close the fridge with my hip, holding it up for Jordyn to see.

"These?"

Her grey eyes leave the TV screen that's playing some reality show and looks in my direction. "Yes."

Walking over to the couch she's on, I hand her the bowl before settling down next to her. As soon as I sit down, Mocha, her dog leaps onto my lap, rubbing her head against my hand.

"Hi pretty." I ruffle her small ears, cuddling the puppy to my chest. I'm distracted with Mocha and the TV for a few minutes, and when I turn my attention back to Jordyn, the bowl that was filled to the brim with strawberries was empty.

My eyebrows raise, and she look at me, noticing my eyes on her. "What?"

"Alright, strawberry shortcake. You sure love strawberries, huh?" I can't help the grin that tugs on my lips as I peer into the empty bowl.

She stares at me for a moment, and I see her eyes drop to my neck, where her waist chain lays. I expect her to give me a sharp response, but instead, her shoulders sag a little and she looks back at the TV. "Yeah, they're my favourite. Sort of like a comfort food, since I was a kid."

My interest piques. "Why strawberries?"

Jordyn shrugs, absentmindedly reaching over to stroke Mocha on my lap. "I..."

She trails off, and my brows furrow as I study her, wondering why she's hesitating. Jordyn locks her eyes with mine, and a determined look dawns on her face, before she takes a deep breath and speaks.

"I had trouble with eating growing up. Strawberries were one of the very few foods that I didn't put off eating. So my mom would make it in different ways to encourage me to eat, and I guess it stuck. But I'm doing better now."

Something inside me flicks, a sense of empathy blossoming in my chest.

Trouble with eating.

I'm wringing to know more, but I don't push—I won't push. She will tell me if she wants to, and the fact that she's opened up a little means something.

Tilting my head, I shoot her a soft smile. "I'm glad you're better."

Jordyn's eyes widen slightly like she didn't expect me to say that, before nodding curtly and looking away.

She's clearly not used to opening up. Something that the two of us can finally agree on, I suppose.

"You wanna do that assignment? We finished halfway but there's a little more, I think. It's due next week." I say, poking Mocha's nose softly.

Jordyn nods, leaning over and placing the empty bowl on the coffee table. Her injured foot is fully bandaged, and her other foot is bare. Her white sleep shorts look incredibly soft, and show glimpses of her thigh tattoos.

My throat suddenly runs dry, and I look away before my head gets too carried away. She wobbles over to the small hallway towards the left of the apartment, where four doors are lined up. Jordyn opens the first door, and Mocha immediately darts between our legs and runs inside.

I follow her inside when she steps in, taking a moment to look around her room.

Dark blue walls contrast sharply against the white bed covers, the fluffy pillows a lighter blue. A desk with a floating shelf above it, walk in closet, and a comfy looking armchair are all white, complimenting the walls. Her surfboard leaning against a wall, some soccer trophies lining up the shelf, a few band posters and an old school stereo add in the personal touches to her room. There's also a small crate and dog bed at the foot of the desk for Mocha.

Jordyn draws open the curtains, revealing a floor to ceiling window. It doesn't take up the entire wall like in the living room, just a section of it, and looks directly over a park nearby.

"Cool room." I comment, kicking off my shoes so I don't dirty the black carpet, and settling down on the armchair. Sliding out my phone, I quickly place an order for a little something before pocketing the phone before she notices.

Jordyn spares me a glance as she picks up her Macbook from the desk. "Thanks."

My eyes follow her silently as she wobbles around the room, gathering things for our assignment before finally settling down on the bed, her back to the headframe. I follow suit, sitting down next to her. Our shoulders bump, and I can't ignore the way my stomach kicks slightly at the contact.

Thankfully, she doesn't seem to notice, pulling up the shared Google Document we've been typing out our work in. She starts typing, and I get distracted momentarily by her nails, that are mid-length and painted a black matte colour. Alluring, just like she is.

Shaking my head to snap myself out of it, I pick up the textbook she brought with her and flip through it, preparing to help her finish off our assignment. For the next twenty or so minutes, we focus solely on the assignment, right up until she saves the document and mails it to the Professor.

"Thank god that's done with." Jordyn exhales, shutting her laptop and placing it on the nightstand. Mocha yaps from somewhere on the floor, as if agreeing with her.

I chuckle, playing with my thumb ring. "I'm pretty dumped. Don't have an excuse to pester you anymore."

Her grey eyes fix on mine, and an involuntary chill runs down my spine.

"Why do you like being so fucking annoying to me anyway?" She rolls her eyes, pulling out her hair tie and letting her golden hair cascade down her shoulders like waves.

My hands itch to reach over and feel the softness of them, like I remember from that night.

I shrug. "Annoying you entertains me."

"Do I look like a goddamn clown to entertain you?" Jordyn's eyes narrow, but I see the spark of mischief in them, implying that we're just playing around and not actually arguing for once.

"You're way too fucking hot to be a clown."

The words leave my mouth before I can halt myself, and I watch in despair as Jordyn's eyebrows shoot up in surprise. She blinks at me, as if she's not sure if she's dreaming or not.

"What the fu—" She starts, but I cut her off by tugging her closer and pushing my mouth against hers.

My body hums with thrill when she kisses me back, and my hands slide around her waist, pulling her onto my lap. Her thick thighs straddle me and I groan softly against her mouth, relishing the feel of her against my body again. I didn't realize how much I'd missed it.

Her scent surrounds me and I'm hypnotized by it, my entire body letting loose and giving into her.

Every time I kiss Jordyn, it's like a nuclear reaction. Every fucking cell in my body feels the kiss, feels her soft lips against mine. She's a fucking great kisser. Jordyn doesn't hold back, her mouth moves just like her personality. Strong. Unbothered. Ready to demolish.

A hot curl of desire forms in my lower belly, and I'm suddenly aching for her, for every inch of her.

My hand raises to the back of her head and I twist her loose blonde hair around my fist, guiding her closer to my mouth, and she releases a soft satisfied noise that has me whirling out of control.

I'm seconds away from flipping around and getting her under me to really get into it, but the intercom buzzing interrupts us, and Jordyn jolts away from me like she got zapped by electricity.

She's breathing in pants and refuses to meet my eyes as she gets to her feet, hurriedly smoothing down her hair and walking out of the room. I follow slowly, leaning against the doorframe where I have a clear view of her near the intercom by the front door.

"Ma'am, you have an UberEats delivery waiting for you, shall I send it up?" A feminine voice chirps over the speakers and Jordyn's brows furrow.

"What? I didn't—-"

"Say yes, I got something." I call out, and Jordyn looks at me, studying me for a second before telling the woman to send it up.

"What did you order?" She asks, running her tongue over her swollen bottom lip, and I'm tempted to stride right up to her, push her against the wall and have another taste but I restrain myself.

I throw her a grin. "I got you more strawberries."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

952K 18.7K 53
{COMPLETE} Bayside University Book 1 After giving up her virginity and getting dumped in the same night Loni Davis is done with men, relationships, a...
19.2M 541K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
1.2M 32.7K 66
"You know nothing about me, absolutely nothing! Who are you to tell me what's best for me Joslyn?!" he yells. "So all the girls you sleep with, y...
7.3M 213K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...