one day at a time ✅️

By missmoatiny_

living as a student while having to takes care of your son is definitely not easy. he was only 17 at that tim... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
not an update
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
epilogue

chapter 8

2.1K 76 64
By missmoatiny_

hye babies~ sorry im late

how was your week? my final exam result will come out tomorrow and im nervous as heck, but im okay.

enjoy reading~

seonghwa rub his eyes sleepily trying to stay awake. today all of them decided to go to the beach for a walk and plays some games before the event tomorrow. the group chat already full with excitement (the one without jung hoon of course). seonghwa look at yunho that is sleeping next to him. he smile at yunho's cuteness. 

seonghwa goes to wash up and take a quick shower first before goes to wake yunho up. their company already paid for the hotel service with breakfast. "yuyu, wakes up." seonghwa shake the boy's body slightly. yunho whine as he doesnt want to be waken up.

"don wan" seonghwa smile and caress the boy's hair. "yuyu, we want to go to beach. we will meet gi and woo later. if yuyu dont want, its okay. we stay" the words beach, gi and woo wakes him up. yunho sit and trying his best to open his eyes.

"yuyu want to go, mama" the cute boy says. seonghwa chuckle and help yunho getting ready. its not easy since yunho half asleep, well, maybe quarter awake. he almost drink the toothpaste rinse water if seonghwa didnt watch him. 

anyway, they manage to be on time for the breakfast with other coworker. "im sorry im late" seonghwa apologize but it seems like the others didnt really care. they smile and invite both him and yunho to sit. 

after the breakfast end, jung hoon gives them a short briefing about how not to do anything inappropriate because they have children here. "last but not least, enjoy~" jung hoon says with a happy tone which makes the other workers feels excited. 

"oh, and remember, you need to sit according to the one you choose when we come here" he says last time before letting all of them gets inside the bus.  its still early in the morning so you can sees all the kids sleeping in seonghwa and hongjoong's arm. hongjoong ask jung hoon to take wooyoung with him since he already have mingi. 

of course the older didnt refuse since wooyoung is also his half blood family. they arrive at the beach 10 minutes later. its a very beautiful clean beach. since its still at the end of summer, they could feel the hotness of the sun touching their skin. 

all of them shows the face of joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"do you want ice-cream?" ask moonbyul, one of the woman coworker. yunho's eyes shows that he wants the ice-cream but he needs permission. moonbyul turn to seonghwa and smile. "hey seonghwa. can i bring your son to buy ice-cream? you can follow if you want" she says. seonghwa shake his head.

"you can bring him noona. i will stay to watch over wooyoung and mingi. yuyu, listen to noona okay?" seonghwa wants to give money to the senior but she refuse saying that she wants to treat yunho. seonghwa trust all the workers since they didnt seem to bring any harm to them. he let moonbyul and solar bring yunho to one of the ice-cream stall.

as he watch the sea, a small hands placed on his thigh. he look down and meet with mingi's eyes. "why gi?" he ask the small boy. mingi gives him an angelic smile. "mama, join gi and woo!" he says excitedly. seonghwa smile and follow the two boys. 

they are trying to build a sandcastle when yunho arrive with solar and moonbyul. "here, ice-cream for wooyoung and mingi too. we are going to swim. are you joining?" ask solar which seonghwa simply shake his head. 

you might be asking where hongjoong is and why his sons are with seonghwa.

well, that guy need to meet the event organizer for a sudden meeting held by them. so, this hongjoong guy ask seonghwa to takes care of his 'little monsters'. so here they are. seonghwa helps the kids to built the sandcastle and they laugh together. chan and seungmin that look at them smile. 

"i want kids" seungmin suddenly says. chan look at seungmin in disbelief and distance himself. "if you mean kids like yunho, im fine with it. but.. if you mean kids like..... mingi and wooyoung.. i would like to say no" chan says jokingly. seungmin slap chan's arm. "they are cute you know." seungmin says with a pout. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

before they go back to hotel, jung hoon and hongjoong gets back just in time with a lot of meats and some seafood. "we just come here. come on guys, lets have some barbeque dinner here before we goes back" jung hoon says cheerfully and who the staff to say no. its free food anyway. each of them have their own task. 

some of them takes care of the meat, seafood and some of them also need to cook some other dishes. "who can cook?" ask chan. seungmin is helping chan with the seafood with some other staff. jeongin, hyunjin and some other staff already help with the meat. so the last task available is cooking some dishes.

seonghwa look at the others and notice he is the only one that doesnt have any important task. "i can do that one" he says. chan nod and smile. seonghwa call hongjoong. "hyung, can you watch the kids while i cook?" he ask. hongjoong nod. "of course i will. what else do you want me to do? cook?" hongjoong ask while he sit beside wooyoung.

wooyoung shake his head, mingi close his mouth. "no no" both of them says at the same time. before hongjoong could flick their forehead, yunho call hongjoong to help him draw on the sand. 

seonghwa walk towards the cooking place where the ingredients already there. he started cooking stew and some stir fried vegetables. 

meanwhile...

"hey hongjoong, are you and seonghwa together?" ask chan. hongjoong look at him in disbelief. "what? no, of course not. why you ask that hyung?" hongjoong ask as he help fixing wooyoung's hair tie. ' i want to cut his hair but seonghwa say no' he sigh.

"nothing. i just thought so since you too look close" chan state. he is trying not to burn the meat he is currently cooking. hongjoong scoff it off. "nah, will never happen" he says. "papa?" mingi call. hongjoong turn to look at mingi that is drawing something on the sand with yunho. yunho smile proudly.

its a drawing of what hongjoong can assume as him and seonghwa with the kids. "who is this?" he ask yunho. "this is mama, papa, yuyu, gi and woo" yunho answer happily as he draw another two stickman. "and this is channie and seungmo" he says. mingi clap his hand and giggle which makes his eyes disappear. wooyoung waddle to them. 

"where is woo?" he ask when he sit beside yunho. "this one" yunho point to one of the small drawing. the kids smile and draw random things on the sand. mingi seem like he think about something. he look at hongjoong. "papa, can gi ask?" mingi ask. hongjoong nod and smile.

"of course. what is it, gi?" mingi climb on hongjoong laps so he ensure the attention from hongjoong is only to him. "why papa and mama no at home?" he ask. hongjoong look at him in confuse. "what gi means?" he ask. 

mingi look at yunho for help. he doesnt know how to express his question properly. yunho seem like he understand. "i think gi want to know why we not live together. why mama and papa not live together" yunho says.

mingi nod his head. hongjoong silent for a while. 'how to answer this question?' he ask to himself. "because... papa and hwa.. is not... married" he hope that answer the question. however... they are just kids. what they know?

mingi look at him with a pure confusion. "what is.. me... merry? marry?" he ask. "woo know! marry is papa, mama kiss!!" wooyoung says out of sudden and its obviously loud that makes all the others heard them. mingi nod and yunho pat wooyoung head. however...

hongjoong and seonghwa are too stun to speak.

they look at each other and their face goes bright red (more to seonghwa). "what the heck did hongjoong teach those kids?" seonghwa mumble to himself as he try to avoid the eye contact from the others. 

hongjoong on the other hand could only let out an awkward laugh. "wh..where you learn that, woo?" he ask while trying not to flick his br- i mean son's forehead. "aiyen! aiyen open story that kiss!" wooyoung says excitedly. hongjoong look at jeongin and sending death stare. 

"im dead" jeongin says while hiding behind hyunjin. "hey, go finish preparing the drinks" hyunjin scold the younger as he try to let himself go from jeongin. jeongin let go of hyunjin and goes to the drink set with a pout. 

hongjoong sigh and shake his head. 'i will talk to that kid later' he look at wooyoung and gives the kids a soft smile. "something.... like that. papa and hwa..... not married. thats why we not live together" hongjoong says to the kids while caressing mingi's hair. all of them nod showing that they understand

or do they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"wow, i didnt know you can cook seonghwa" seungmin says. seonghwa reply with a shy smile. he is trying to keep mingi stay in his place while watching over yunho's eating the seafood. hongjoong sitting across him while peeling the shrimp for the kids. 

jeongin feel pity for hongjoong so he also helps peeling the shrimp. as the kids eating, hongjoong notice that seonghwa havent eaten anything yet. he look at seonghwa and raise his right eyebrow (damn, thats hot) . seonghwa look at him confuse.

'what?' he mouthing that word. hongjoong sigh and takes one of the peeled shrimp and stuffing it inside seonghwa's mouth. that action not only caught seonghwa in surprise, but also all the other staff. not forgetting jung hoon. hongjoong act like nothing happen and continue his work. seonghwa's face is now as red as the shrimp

hongjoong look at him again. "eat or i will stuff your mouth again but this time with a shell" he says. seonghwa nod and eating with the kids. 'he is scary sometimes' he says to himself. "you should say that silently" hongjoong says. 

seonghwa look at him in shock. did he just says that out loud. alright now he is embarrassed. seonghwa try to act like nothing happen but his red face shows otherwise. the other staff could only giggle at their interaction. they have never seen hongjoong acting like that. maybe because he has kids.. or maybe because of seonghwa. 

one thing about seonghwa is, he never succeed in peeling shrimp and unfortunately, shrimp is one of his favourite seafood. he pout while eating his stew. yunho notice his mom's pouting. "mama? mama want shrimp?" he ask. seonghwa look at yunho and shake his head. how a kids knows what he wants?

"you can just ask you know" someone from beside hongjoong says. "its okay mr kim" he refuse politely. jung hoon chuckle at that but he proceeds on helping peeling a shrimp and puts it in seonghwa's plate. "t..thank you, mr kim" seonghwa says with a red face. 

'damn, now your ceo knows you cant peel shrimp.' he feels shy because of that but it looks like hongjoong thoughts something else. 'why his face is red?' he ask to himself. then, something hit him. 'why do i care?' 

hongjoong helps wooyoung eats but this time, no more smiley face. jung hoon smile at that. as he wants to place another shrimp on seonghwa's plate, hongjoong done it first. he look at hongjoong that act like he done nothing. however, that one simple thing made seonghwa feels like hongjoong care about him. 

'at least i know he cares about someone that helps takes care of his little demons' seonghwa thoughts to himself. 

the dinner went well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"alright, is everyone in?" hyunjin ask. all of the staff already goes inside the bus getting ready to goes back and rest in the hotel. they have a big event tomorrow. "okay, lets go!" jung hoon says excitedly.

seonghwa holds a sleepy yunho on his lap, hongjoong holds mingi and jung hoon change his seat to sit beside hongjoong. he holds wooyoung in his arm. halfway though the hotel, all the kids fall asleep. 

"its a tease" jung hoon says suddenly. hongjoong look at his brother. "what tease?" he ask. they try to keep their voice as low as possible. "the shrimp. i tease you" jung hoon says calmly. "what do you mean tease?" now hongjoong is confuse.

jung hoon chuckle at that. his brother can be slow sometimes. "i want to see your reaction about seonghwa. you do care about him arent you?" jung hoon says with a smirk. "no im not" hongjoong reply. he doesnt want to admit that deep inside his heart, he does care about seonghwa. 

"come on little one. just admit it! you do care about seonghwa" jung hoon says. hongjoong shh him down since jung hoon voice gets louds a little which makes wooyoung and mingi stir in their sleep. "okay, maybe i am. but thats just because he helps me takes care of my kids. i also care about you, i also care about jeongin. nothing big, hyung" he says. 

jung hoon shake his head. "whatever keeps you sleep at night, joong" jung hoon says. hongjoong just shrug his shoulder. 

they arrive at the hotel not long after that. "sleep early tonight! we have a big event that starts at 10 tomorrow" jung hoon says to the staff. they all goes to their room to get a nice sleep that night. 

seonghwa wipe his face after doing his skincare routine. he is indeed nervous about tomorrow. "yuyu? yuyu done brush?" he ask his son. yunho nod his head with sleepy face. seonghwa smile and caress his son's hair. "lets go to sleep" he says.

both of them goes to bed. suddenly, seonghwa gets a message from someone. 

rich guy (hj)

are you sleeping?

not yet

why hyung?

oh, just want to say

good luck tomorrow

and thank you for today

my little demons is a pain in
the ass 

i know

thank you hyung

and its okay, i love them

noooo

they are not the pain in the..

you know

they are cute

whatever

they are still demon

anyway, sleep early

the event will helps you 
a lot with your marks

bye

i am going to sleep now

noted on that

good night hyung
seen

seonghwa didnt expecting hongjoong to reply on his good night wish since he know how dry hongjoong can be sometimes. seonghwa turn on his alarm and wishing himself good luck for tomorrow before closing his eyes to sleep. 

if seonghwa wait for a while, he could read the last text from hongjoong. 

rich guy(hj)

good night hyung

good night too hwa
sent 

this chapter is a mess but i do like the mess. i actually didnt plan on doing this whole beach trip but it turns out okay i guess.

i hope all of you doing just fine

i have a bad news which i wont be publishing two chapters a week but i will try my best to publish at least a chapter a week. im so sorry that i had to do that. 

thats all from now. till we meet again~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 13.6K 28
" if you don't stop doing that , i won't be able to stop myself " -San After three years, San is reunited with his childhood friend Wooyoung. However...
4.5K 199 14
Wooyoung is really nervous to be apart of the meeting until he strikes conversation with a fellow parent. It turns out that the parent is a Single fa...
56.2K 2.5K 23
Two people start talking on an messenger app not knowing that the other is actually their friend Trigger warning! Drugs, alcohol, mature content and...
69.9K 2.5K 58
Y/N has a one night stand her first week in Korea. He told her his name was Mars. She wasn't expecting to ever see him again, let alone in the same c...