Pranking The Playboy ✓

By TypicalTimes

Joe Smith. A basic name but there was nothing basic about him. With his chiselled features, green eyes that c... More

Meet The Characters
Lesson 1 : Never Date A Playboy
Lesson 2: Changing Room Benches Are RealIy Bad Places To Hide Under
Lesson 3: Getting Caught Is Never A Good Thing
Lesson 4: Us Girls Are Meant To Stick Together No Matter What
Lesson 5: Never Play Truth Or Dare With Selena
Lesson 6: Never Underestimate The Power Of An Adrenaline Rush
Lesson 7: Always Take The Things You Need From Your Locker First
Lesson 8: Kidnapping Can Fix Broken Friendships
Lesson 9: Cookie Dough Is Brain Food
Lesson 10: A Walk In The Park Could Get You New Neighbours
Lesson 11: Handshakes Aren't Always For A Good Purpose
Lesson 12: Don't Accept Rides From Joe, No Matter How Late You'll Be
Lesson 13: Don't Follow Alice Into A Girls Bathroom Again
Lesson 14: Selena Is As Wise As A... Wise Old Man
Lesson 15: Hugo May Be Fat But He's Sure Is Smart
Lesson 16: Maria Can Really Influence People
Lesson 17: Going To Starbucks Can Cause Trouble
Lesson 18: Water Fights Can Lead To Unexpected Almost Kisses
Lesson 19: Being Late For School Could Score You A Date
Lesson 20: Never Bunk Off School With Your Best Friends Brother
Lesson 21: Don't Assume Things So Easily When It Comes To The Paige Siblings
Lesson 22: Babysitting Can Cause Arguments, And Heart Breaking
Lesson 23: Being Derek's Girlfriend Could Cause Drama
Lesson 24: Never Misjudge The Trouble A Dumb Blonde A.K.A Alice Can Cause
Lesson 25: Kissing Doesn't Automatically Mean You're In A Relationship
Lesson 26: You Should Be Careful About What Ice-Cream Shop You Go To
Lesson 27: Words Can Bring You Down
Lesson 28: Joe Is Candy
Lesson 29: Not All Deliveries Are Good
Lesson 30: Going To A Hospital Could Help You Discover Your Feelings
Lesson 31: Boys Can Help Discover New Things
Lesson 32: Compliments Can Make You Giddy
Lesson 33: Homecoming Can Be A Disaster
Lesson 35: Never Regret Pranking The Playboy
Epilogue
SPIN OFF!!!
TypicalTimes' Other Works
The Character's Interviews
Cover Gallery
Episode Interactive
Bonus Chapter: You Can Have Your First Kiss Under The Mistletoe
Bonus Chapter: You Can Find Love Through Cookies
Best Pranking The Playboy Moments

Lesson 34: Watching Movies With Your Crush Can Help You Get Over A Break-Up

13.4K 552 117
By TypicalTimes

Lesson 34: Watching Movies With Your Crush Can Help You Get Over A Break-Up

After the Homecoming incident, Joe had driven me home. The car ride was silent because I was too embarrassed about what happened to say anything and because I was too upset to say anything about what had happened.

Also, I was really surprised.

I didn't know how to react about what Joe had did. He'd already told me he had feelings for me, and I had feelings for him, but I had just gotten out of a relationship and it was too soon to do anything about it.

It was currently 9:34AM on a Saturday, and I had just finished eating breakfast. I checked all the messages I'd gotten from Derek, reading all of them but not replying to them. But there was one that got me really irritated, so I called him.

"Amber?! Is that you?" I heard Derek ask.

"Yes," I simply answered.

"Listen, about what happened last night-" He started, but I interrupted him.

"Look, you don't need to explain it. I saw what I saw, and now we're over. But that's not why I'm calling." I said, and I heard him pause.

"Then... Why are you calling?" He asked, and I sighed.

"I was reading your text messages. And I cannot believe you used the 'I was drunk' card on me!" I exclaimed.

"What?"

"That is the worst excuse someone could come up with! You know, when you're drunk you act on your feelings, so telling me, 'Babe, I'm sorry about what I did, I was drunk, please forgive me' is gonna make me even angrier." I explained.

"So, what exactly are you saying?" He asked, sounding confused.

"In the future if you decide to cheat on your girlfriend, do not and I repeat do not use the 'I was drunk' excuse if you want to keep all your body parts. I'm not really violent, but they could be." I replied.

"You know, you are one interesting girl, Amber. I just wanna say I really am sorry, and I hope that we can forget all this and in the future we can maybe be friends." He suddenly said, and I sighed again.

"Derek, what you did is unforgivable. You were my first crush, my first kiss, my first boyfriend. And you cheated on me. At Homecoming. So don't talk to me about forgiving and forgetting because you just can't." I said angrily and hung up.

I turned off my phone and went into the kitchen, where I stole-borrowed some cookie dough, a spoon and a box of tissues. I went into the living and room and grabbed a couple of my favourite romance movies then went upstairs into my room.

I kept everything I'd taken on my bed except one of the movies, 'My Fake Fiancé' and inserted it into my DVD player. I then sat on my bed, getting comfy and started the movie.

*****

"Amber?" I heard my mum call as she knocked on the door. When I didn't reply she came inside, taking in my appearance.

I was still in the same position on my bed I was 3 hours ago, except there was tissues scattered everywhere and two empty cookie dough containers on the floor. My eyes were red and puffy and my hair was a mess. I was halfway through 'Beauty and the Briefcase' and I honestly didn't want to get interrupted.

"Honey, what's wrong?" She asked, sitting on the edge of my bed. I sniffed.

"D-Derek c-c-cheated on m-me at H-Homecoming with M-M-Maria!" I spluttered, and then started crying again.

The night before I'd researched what helped you get over a break up, and it said comfort food and cheesy, romance books. That was what all the girls in the books I'd read used, so I thought, 'Hey, it might work'.

But I was wrong.

All those romance movies just reminded me that I was single because my boyfriend cheated on me. Sure, there were much more worse things happening at the moment, like people with no food or homes but I couldn't think of anything else but me.

Everyone needed to be selfish once in a while.

Anyway, my mum walked up to me.

"That's horrible!" She said, and hugged me.

"Now, who is the Maria girl?" She asked, and I sniffed again.

"Do you want me to tell the whole story?" I asked her, and she nodded. So I did.

I told her about how Joe broke Alice's heart, how we pranked him, how Alice became jealous of me and Joe, how we made up, then how Alice sided with Maria, when Joe became our neighbour, when I met him (Derek), when we kissed in that ice-cream place, how Alice or Maria was there to see us, what we did to Maria in assembly, when Selena fainted, how sweet Joe had been to me even though I was so mean to him, and last of all what happened yesterday.

And you know what? It felt good to let everything out.

"Well." My mum said 45 minutes after. I sniffed again.

"You've had quite an interesting year so far, haven't you?" She said, and I nodded. "Well, do you want to know what I think?"

I nodded again.

"You should teach that brat Maria a lesson, since it sounds like she's always used to getting her way." She declared, and I started laughing.

"But, apart from that, I know Joe really cares about you. So, maybe now isn't the time to have another relationship, but keep your options open." She said gently and I nodded.

DING, DONG.

"I'll check who that is," My mum told me, standing up. "I'd clean myself up if I was you." Then she left. I did as she told me, going into the bathroom and washing my face and armpits. Then I sprayed deodorant and changed into a new set of clothes. I brushed my hair and tied it up then went downstairs to see who was there.

It was Joe.

"Oh, hi." I said, suddenly feeling really self-conscious because I had no makeup on. He smiled at me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked, and tears started forming in my eyes.

"Do I look okay?!" I exclaimed, bringing out my emergency tissues and blowing my nose.

"You look beautiful." He replied immediately.

"You're such a charmer, do you know that?" I mumbled, going into the kitchen for more cookie dough. I looked back at Joe who was standing there awkwardly.

"Well, come in then!" I said, and after taking my cookie dough I started walking upstairs with Joe behind me.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where do you two think you're going?" My mum asked, suddenly appearing at the top of the stairs.

"We're going back upstairs to finish the movie I was watching." I stated, and started walking again.

"Well, leave the door open. I don't want you two doing anything." She said sternly and I gasped, going red.

"Mum!"

"I have a 6 year old in the house; I don't want her being scarred for life."

"Mum! Oh my gosh! Stop!"

"I just say what needs to be said." She shrugged and went back inside. I didn't dare look at Joe as I stormed into my room. I quickly cleared my bed of the used tissues and sat down, making myself comfortable. Joe came into my room, looking around then kicked off his shoes and sat on the bed next to me, but not too close, unfortunately.

Wait, what?

"So, what movie are we watching?" Joe asked. I grabbed the remote.

"Well, I was watching Beauty and the Briefcase but I've watched it before, so now I'm in the mood for... How about How to train your dragon 2?" I asked him, and he shrugged.

"Why not?" He replied, so we watched it.

Halfway through the movie I started to get tired, so I kept my head on his shoulder. I felt him stiffen, but a second later he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I snuggled into him, getting comfy. Before I went to sleep, because I was feeling brave, I decided to say something.

"Joe?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you like me?" I asked, and he hesitated.

"Yes," He answered truthfully. "A lot."

"Well, I like you a lot too." I said. But before I fell asleep, I swear I heard him mutter:

"I might be falling for you."

Today's Lesson: Watching Movies With Your Crush Can Help You Get Over A Break-Up

*****

So, there it is.

The last chapter.

KIDDING! XD

This chapter was actually meant to be longer, but I stopped there so the last chapter (the next one) can be longer.

So, hope you enjoyed this chapter! Well, you better have because I have updated three times in a week, something I have NEVER done for any of my books.

I just love you guys so much. LOL JOKING

Kidding, kidding.

So, please vote and comment on this chapter! I have no questions because nothing really happened-

WHO AM I KIDDING?!

JOE SAID HE'S FALLING FOR HER! IS IT WEIRD TO FANGIRL OVER YOUR OWN BOOK?

*FANGIRLING*

Okay, I'm done. Wait, nope.

*SQUEALS AND JUMPS ON BED*

Alright, now I'm done.

So, sorry about any mistakes, I'll upload a song that ISN'T random later, and... Yeah. Vote and comment!

BYE!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
630 1 31
{ COMPLETED } My name is Isabella Smith. I am 16 years old and a junior in High school. I am not popular nor am I a nerd. I'm just normal. I have two...
7.8K 128 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
28.5K 890 101
Sebastian Stone is the guy that every girl wants. Perfect looks, perfect attitude and wealthy parents. Hailey has had a crush on him since their fir...