Identity Crisis (LOONA X Weee...

PPGGFXion द्वारा

September 2012. After being abducted for 7 years, a girl named Kim Hyunjin escapes her harsh captivity. She d... अधिक

Identity Crisis (LOONA X Weeekly)
Chapter 1: New Home (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 2: Contact (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 3: Cat Ears (Monday POV)
Chapter 4: Triggered Vision (Monday POV)
Chapter 5: Scheduled Nightmare (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 6: Lucky (Monday POV)
Chapter 7: My Sunday (Hyunjin & Monday POV)
Chapter 8: My Melody (Hyunjin & Monday POV)
Chapter 9: Mistaken (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 10: That Day (Monday POV)
Chapter 11: 지민 (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 12: Recall (Monday POV)
Chapter 13: The Month Of June (Third Person POV)
Chapter 14: Save You, Saved Me (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 15: 현진 (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 16: The Difference Between a Fan and... (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 17: Unexpected Visit (Monday POV)
Chapter 18: Expected Tension (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 19: An Emotional Sharing (Monday POV) [Birthday Special]
Chapter 20: Double Date (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 21: Telling Them (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 22: Should I Go Back And Investigate? (Monday POV)
Chapter 23: Confronted (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 24: I Wouldn't Know (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 25: Would You Stay For Tea? (Monday POV)
Chapter 26: Voice (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 27: Verdict (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 28: My Name (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 29: My Thoughts (Monday POV)
Chapter 30: Not Friends (Monday and Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 31: Fifteen Years (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 33: By Your Side (Hyunjin & Monday POV) [Christmas Special - Part 1]
Chapter 34: Best Thing (Monday & Hyunjin POV) [Christmas Special - Part 2]
Chapter 35: Always There (Monday & Hyunjin POV) [Final Chapter]
Backstory of 'Identity Crisis'
Thank You, Shin Jiyoon

Chapter 32: Family (Monday POV)

81 2 2
PPGGFXion द्वारा

Chapter 32: Family (Monday POV)

First Posted On: 22nd December 2021

Last Updated On: 22nd December 2021

T/N: This takes place on 11th November 2020 and 25th November 2020.

~ ~ ~

My world shattered again when Hyunjin unnie dropped the truth about what happened. In a way, I felt guilty for making her read the letter she wrote that I was meant to read on my own. If it weren't for the timing where I had to tell the members about my closeness with Hyunjin, I probably would have kept it hidden even longer.

They were horrible acts, no doubt. You don't simply stab someone and set fire to a place out of nowhere too. Then when I realised that it was Hyunjin with a past multiple personality disorder, I was feeling more heartbroken again.

None more so when Hyunjin unnie said she wanted to turn herself in.

"But you were the victim!" I logically challenged her decision. "You did everything out of self-defence!"

Even though the members agreed with me, Hyunjin was still seemingly firm on her decision, saying, "No, I wasn't a victim. Jin Jin was the victim. Hyunjin is my consciousness...ever since I had to tamper my own evidence."

I recalled what the NCI officers told me about Hyunjin's records. All the reasons as to why she remained an unknown victim...led to here. My own sister abetted to her own kidnapping, although not by choice.

"Jimin ah..." Soojin lightly touched my hand. "I'd like to remind you that Hyunjin unnie is usually quite stubborn about a lot of things, but she really is thinking and acting on what is best for this situation."

"Thanks for reminding me of that moment, Soojin..." Hyunjin unnie playfully rolled her eyes. Who could forget that infamous scene between LOONA's 2Jin anyway?

Back to the main issue at hand, I was still unsure why Hyunjin wanted to make that decision to turn herself in. Sure LOONA might be reaching the tail end of their promotions, but...wouldn't this cause a stir among the fandoms? And for the wrong reasons?

"It's the only way I can completely get rid of the old Jin Jin..." she revealed.

"But...your pet name..." I was trying to comprehend.

"It's time we moved on too, Jimin ah..." Hyunjin unnie sighed. "Even you find Jin Jin a burden, don't you?"

I did, actually. But not for the same reasons as unnie.

"Still, at least-" I tried to reason further.

"-tell my members and my manager? Yes I already did that and I already got the same response as you." Hyunjin unnie read my mind. Man...I am really not a good 여 동생 (younger sister).

No, I want to make up for this. And all the years I couldn't be her younger sister.

"Hyun," I decided to shorten her name in the same way Heejin sunbaenim did, "I will share this revelation with the NCI. Let them work together with the officers on your case and we can achieve some form of justice from all this."

She finally smiled again, but remained adamant with, "I will still turn myself in."

Why, unnie? You really don't have to do this...

Time had passed and it was already midnight at the dorm. After a rollercoaster of emotions at the dining table, the members were all feeling peckish. Fortunately, Soeun whipped up a kimchi jeon for the eight of us, which safe to say was the best dish we didn't know we needed at that moment. Hyunjin unnie praised Soeun's supper snack, and I just stared at her in admiration that my older sister was regaining her innocence a step at a time.

For once, I found peace. And I hoped Hyunjin did too.

"Oh Jihyo ah," Jaehee chuckled, "are you still waiting for more jeon to enter your mouth...?"

I should also mention our Orbit president, Jihan, is still in awe that she spent the night with a LOONA member. She was silent the whole meal, which is already odd for an ENFP.

"I...don't think she can hear you, Jaehee unnie..." Zoa whispered to her.

"어떡해?" Soojin unnie scratched her chin, "I think I should send a photo of Jihan and Hyunjin unnie to Olivia Hye-"

"WAIT!" Jihan finally broke silence. "I love Hyejoo unnie! Don't tell her I'm briefly betraying her!"

Hyunjin unnie decided to play along and gave Jihan the raised eyebrow, saying, "Bold of you to assume I wouldn't tell her what you said, especially after I patted your head in the van."

That sent Jihan kneeling on the floor in apology, but it was good comic relief for us. Especially for me and Hyunjin.

Obviously, the members insisted that Hyunjin stay the night. And on my end, I refused to let Jaehee volunteer to sleep on the couch, even though she kept insisting I needed to share the bed with Hyunjin unnie.

"It's ok unnie," Zoa chirped, "Jaehee can sleep with me, Soeun unnie and Jihan unnie tonight."

"But she-" Jaehee tried to make an excuse.

"I DON'T SNORE!!" Zoa whined.

"Yes you do~" Soeun was upfront with the truth. "Besides, our room has 2 bunk beds and Jaehee can sleep on the upper bunk just for tonight."

After a brief protest from Lee Jelly, the members retired to their rooms. Finally, Hyunjin and I were alone. Now, we were together as siblings...which has been a bit weird considering we only interacted as acquaintances and then as friends up till this point.

"Jimin," Hyunjin unnie motioned me to get to bed. "Let's sleep."

I joined her and immediately hugged her. I felt her jolt a little, but she returned the hug and patted my shoulder.

"Unnie..." I spoke with a muffled voice. "I really missed having you by my side..."

"I did too..." she agreed. "I'm sorry if this is not grass that we are laying down on, just like it was fifteen years ago..."

That was a good memory. We were playing together in a garden, possibly our parents' garden, and I tried on Hyunjin's hairband. It was also the last good memory before...THAT happened.

"I want to speak to 엄마 and 아빠 too," Hyunjin admitted. "I hope to do that before I-"

She stopped upon realising she was about to mention that topic again. I guess she knew I was not ready to accept losing her so soon after finding her.

"I think our 엄마 has suspected you are someone special to us..." I told her after remembering Omma's involvement in Hyunjin's kidnapping case. "And you did get to speak to her, at the comeback showcase."

"I want to speak to her as Kim Hyunjin, again," she faced me this time. "Appa as well, when he is back from his teaching trip."

Yes, I told Hyunjin about how Appa has been busy during this period because he has been the most affected by her disappearance. Omma and I advised him to spend some time for himself and rediscover the things he used to love doing. We were prepared to accept Hyunjin would never return, and wanted to move on with our lives. It was because of this I could focus on pursuing my career as a singer...

...until of course the cat ear hairband incident.

Hyunjin unnie gave a little yawn and that reminded me I needed to rest up and gather my thoughts. As much as Hyunjin is my real sister, the advice of the Weeekly members still holds strong in my heart. Soojin unnie in particular reminded me to always place my duty as a celebrity first, unless my family is in crisis.

As my sister and I closed our eyes, tightly embracing each other, my brain was already at work deciding how to resolve our final struggles in the best way possible.

(~ 2 Weeks Later ~) 

Life moved on faster though. Hyunjin had returned to be with the LOONA members and promised to reconsider her decision to turn herself in. Weeekly meanwhile was preparing for several end-of-year stages. To be invited to these stages is an honour, but having firmly established ourselves as top rookies in 2020, we were also nominated for many awards. We were already informed of winning our first one for the 'Brand of the Year' awards.

As we rehearsed our choreography for 'Zig Zag', that moment of Hyunjin's revelations lingered in my mind. It still feels surreal that she is my actual sister. Trying to keep it a secret is hard though...

Yes, after a lot of discussions, we decided to keep this truth between LOONA and Weeekly only. Needless to say, Hyunjin told me, via our managers, about LOONA's priceless reactions when they found out I was her younger sister. But the arrangement stood and not even our own agencies knew this.

"The NCI officers will know soon, Jimin," Soojin sat down next to me. "I know you are hesitant to tell them because you know that Hyunjin unnie will turn herself in."

"She's my real sister," I let my head sink into my hands. "Of course I am glad she is trying to be accountable, but this is too soon."

"I would tell them now, if I were you," Jiyoon overheard us. Yes, by this point the members also knew about the ongoing investigations for both me and Hyunjin. Those involved in the case will connect the dots and the cases will reach a conclusion.

Weeekly carried on the rehearsals until we were given a short break by our manager. He said we had visitors to cheer us on leading up to the award shows. Like we usually did, we eagerly awaited our guests...

...and I literally had to pinch myself to make sure I was seeing them right once they entered the practice room.

"엄마?! 아빠?!" I squealed upon recognising my parents. The members too were also in shock.

I ran to hug Appa first since I had not seen him in ages. With all his travelling within Korea, having him back was a huge privilege. After I hugged Omma, I let the other members greet them. As you might have guessed, all our families are close.

Belatedly, I realised my parents were somewhat happier than usual. Ah, because of the prospect that we can finally spend time as a family after a long while.

Family...just that thought alone made me wonder about Hyunjin unnie again. When should I tell them...that I found our Jin Jin?

"I got you and the members a little something for that energy boost!" Appa announced as he took out some pastries from the tote bag he brought.

"YAY!! Bread! I was craving it too!" Jihan cheered.

Bread...hmm this is way too coincidental. Is Hyunjin pranking me?

"I'm happy to see you two again, especially Appa!" I went to his side again as Omma faked a disappointed look because I was close to Appa instead of her.

"He had a really good time of relaxation and meditation away from the bustle of city life," Omma chuckled. "He came back upon hearing-"

"-that Weeekly was nominated for many awards!" Appa suddenly interrupted Omma.

"YES! We are so proud you both!" Omma replied seemingly flustered about something. Heh, they're hiding something from me...

"Who's both?" I probed. "If I am one of them-"

"Jimin unnie let's eat some bread! It's so good!" Jaehee tossed one to me. I guess hunger got the better of me and I opened the packet while chatting with my parents. It's nice to have my family back together...even though it's not fully just yet.

Unknowingly, I didn't realise I got a cream bun and I began deconstructing it. Because the cream was only on one side, I applied it evenly on the other side. Then I tore the bread in half and began nibbling on it. I noticed also my parents looking at me with way more admiration than usual.

"They do behave similarly," Appa smiled and there was a single tear escaping his eye as well.

"Yes they do," Omma also had tears in her eyes.

"Aigoo...I have grown up a lot haven't I?" I tried to comprehend what they were saying. "I hope I can do you proud with the award shows coming up."

The response that came next then left me in shock.

"With or without awards, you have done all of us proud, Kim Jimin dongsaeng," Hyunjin unnie's voice filled the practice room.

Turning around, I saw her walk towards me as the Weeekly members finally couldn't hold their laughter upon realising how oblivious I was at reading the room.

"UNNIE!" I replied half-exicted half-frustrated that she successfully pranked me. I should have known when we suddenly got a lot of bread; of course only she would buy the whole shelf like that!

"Save your kiddie punches for later, we can finally get a photo together as a family, right Omma and Appa?" Hyunjin unnie put her arm around me.

KIDDIE PUNCHES?! But on the bright side it's the reunion our family dreamed of for the last fifteen years, and the dream finally came true.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Who knew Hyunjin loves to be cheeky towards Monday? That aside, all the truths have been revealed, but is Monday going to fight for Hyunjin's justice?

Believe me when I say this chapter took way longer than it should have to be written. I know their parents haven't been a prominent supporting role in this fanfic, but Hyunjin and Monday were bound to reunite with them at some point. And FYI, I already have a roadmap for the last 4 chapters after this. This includes the aforementioned backstory.

Now over on my other active social of Twitter (https://twitter.com/pandaileee7), I usually share my fanfic chapters there. I am delighted to announce that a fellow mutual on Twitter has found this fanfic and they too enjoy reading it! As promised, cho33rryy, this chapter is dedicated to you! Thanks for the follow backs and I'll look forward to releasing more fanfics with this newfound support!

(Edit: Hours after this chapter release, APink announced their plans to make a comeback in Feb 2022!!)

Vote + Comment ~ !

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

536 37 13
In which she denies to know Hyunjin and it hurts her to do so but she can't resort to live in a life full of delusion, not after the miseries she fac...
656K 21.7K 80
"we never wanted you" "why are you even here?" "just go get lost" "everyone was happy until you came, you ruined our happiness" "useless" he muttered...
11.6K 1.8K 26
"Do not sleep tonight, I'll be visiting you." "Excuse me?" - There are always two types of secrets: the kind we want to keep in, and the kind we don'...
114K 6.5K 49
ꜱᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ - ᴍʏꜱᴛᴇʀʏ - ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ "Please let me go I beg you" She pleaded as she fell on her knees crying continously. But her pleads didn't...