INSHALLAH

Autorstwa remixthestory

A short story. Two People. Ex-bestfriends. One is a doctor, Another is the hospital MD. She can't wait to... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Epilogue

Chapter 6

702 64 5
Autorstwa remixthestory

Chapter 6

Being sore and unable to move was what Sana expected when she opened her eyes, blinking back to adjust to the bright light, she groaned in pain. Her head throbbed and her eyes felt like carrying the heaviest weight in the entire world, so hard to open that she decided against it but then it's been a while since she had seen the world.

Her entire right side felt numb and taking a glance at her injury made the bile rise in her throat. Tears welled up and lips parted to let out a whimper.

She was reminded of the collision, she was driving towards him, crossing the signal when the force made her car go rolling and her heart dropped thinking of the harm it caused. She remembers pain shooting all over her, glasses piercing her skin and then the final nail was when her head collided with a damaged car roof.

A little touch on her left palm made her glance towards the left side of her bed, there sat a hunched figure. Head on her bed and sleeping. Her throat felt parched and her tongue darted put to lick her chapped lips.

Speaking was out of the question, she tried moving her fingers, only for her sore muscles to retaliate and she groaned in pain.

The head shot up and her blurred vision made out a face. It was Meher.

"Sana Appi you woke up" the girl cried in happiness. She clutched her hand tightly and Sana winced in pain. "Oh! I'm so sorry. Let me call the doctor"

"W...wat..." she tried speaking but her voice didn't reach Meher. Her head lolled back to the soft pillow, she felt tired even when she just woke up from a slumber.

"Sana" she opened her eyes and met the face, he didn't look his prim and proper self today. His hair seemed uncombed, eyes supporting dark circles, suit creased and his face had this beard she had never seen before.

Her tongue licked her dried lips again and his eyes followed.

"Are you thirsty?" he asked and reached for the pitcher and filled a paper cup.

She thanked the almighty for his smartness.

"Small sips" he instructed and she resisted eye roll. The littlest movements were hurting. He gently brought her up and she sipped water. She wanted to sigh in relief, only mentally.

Physically everything was hurting.

Her throat felt better and she tried to speak. "You...look like....a...gorilla"

His head jerked towards her, eyes narrowing in disbelief. "You wake up after a whole of 11 days and you say this! Ask about your injuries at least?"

She mentally scoffed "I'm...pa..tient. I...need...to...stay... stress-free...remember."

"Of course! Give stress to the whole of our families and half of the hospital and then comment on my dress-up. For being a doctor, you really know how to play patient cards efficiently" He said.

A tear leaked out of her eyes, followed by a few more.

His face blanched "Hey! Hey, I'm sorry. Sana, don't cry" He gently lifted her and settled himself on her bed. Placing pillows around her he enveloped her in his arms "I'm sorry" he whispered in her ears, hugging her protectively "You're fine. Sana nothing happened. You're fine" he whispered sweet nothing in her ears.

She whimpered. The dread of being in an accident washed her mind and her heart clenched. The fear of not surviving, the fear of not saying goodbye to her family, and the fear of not completing any of her dreams hit her in force.

"I was...scared" she whispered.

"Shush! Love, nothing happened. You're fine" he kissed her hair and she gave in to his touch. It felt safe and calming.

The door opened and he looked up to find his sister and Doctor Maqbool. He brushed her hair away from her eyes and face and gently placed her down.

She started missing his touch. He tried getting up but her fingers held his hand.

"I'm going nowhere" he assured. He stood up and sidestepped to give the doctor access for her check-up.

"You really know how to give the best shocks in the world, Qureshi." Arif faked a glare. "Never I hated my job this much. When I had to check on you and you wouldn't wake up after the end of the day I regretted being a doctor. I didn't think I would see my best friend in a hospital bed"

The hold on her fingers tightened.

"I'm...sorry" She tried smiling but her lips shivered.

Mudassar touched Arif's shoulder, shaking his head a little.

The other man blinked and rubbed moisture away from the corner of his eyes. "So, Soldier ready to be on the other side? I'm going to be super bossy to you. Deal with it, patient."

Sana snorted but winced. "You...people really- need to...improve your...PJs"

"Didn't know you are interested in my pajamas" he laughed at his one joke.

She huffed slowly, thinking about her injury. "How...much I'm tattered? Any ...surgeries?"

"You had two. Your shoulder needed to be fixed. It'll need at least 5 weeks to heal and the humerus is fractured along with 2 vertebro-sternal ribs." she winced hearing it. "10 weeks complete rest and painkillers for proper breathing, you need to be careful with lung exercise to avoid..."

"pneumonia. I know" she cut him off.

"See, once a doctor, always a doctor" Arif shook his head in amusement. "No physical or mental stress Sana. Make sure of that."

"Yes noted...doc. Now give me.... OxyContin before I die with... this pain. It's hurting bad" she whined.

"Will you stop saying that?" Mudassar snapped at her.

"So...sorry" She realized the term she used, her near-death experience must have shaken everyone.

"It's all right, You are all right now." Arif butted in to cut the tension.

"Arif...Painkiller" She reminded him.

Yes, yes. You can have it but before that let me examine you" he said and started the regular procedure of check-up. He made some notes about her concussion and asked what all pained and to rate it on a scale of 10.

After completing all of his necessary checks, Arif glanced at Mudassar and the men conversed through gestures.

She was leaning back on pillows, eyes closed and resting. Little movements have exerted her. Meher slowly helped her back to sleep. "Get well quick Appi. You have a surprise waiting for you."

Sana tried focusing but her mind seemed too sleepy to pay interest. She hummed and fell back to her humble blackout.

"Abbu you can't be that irrational" Sana frowned, her parents and Adami's family surrounded her except him. She looked between her parents; eyes narrowed as if they were discussing the most absurd topic in the world. "Ammi, Abbu you're not canceling your tickets. Not when you both are prepared for haj this year. No, you are not doing this for me. If you...if you do this I'm not having any of my medicines from today." She declared.

"Sana stop being this difficult. I'm not leaving my child behind when you're on bed rest. You need me here. You just had an accident..."

"It's been a month, Ammi, and I'm a doctor myself I know what I'm going through. I'll be extra careful but please you two are not canceling your pilgrimage because of me" Sana insisted.

"No. We have taken the decision and we have done it already. The agent has given us confirmation as well" Wajid informed.

"You people can't cancel this because of me" she felt choked "It would have been better if I didn't survive...."

"Sana" Yasmeen yelled, her eyes raging in anger "Don't you dare say that again. You know nothing about how your Abbu and I felt each day when we saw you like this. You have no idea how much pain we felt when we heard about your accident. I felt like Allah was punishing me for treating you strictly. I almost lost my will to live. Each day you were unconscious I kept asking Allah only for your well-being so don't you dare think that. You're my daughter. I gave your life and you have no right to think about its end."

" A..Ammi...I..." Sana whimpered

"No Sana. Your accident didn't cause pain as much as your words did." Wajid said in disappointment.

"I'm sorry Abbu...I just don't want you two to cancel your plans for me. It's Almighty who wants you to go there but because of me, you're declining his invitation. I feel responsible for that."

"Beta, you're not at fault. Please understand that" Wajid said caressing her hair and Sana sobbed. "Stop crying please"

"Ammi. Please" Sana requested, Yasmeen, pulled her in a hug, kissing her head. She made her lie back and gave her the due dose of medicine. "I..."

"We still have two weeks to decide. You need rest, Sana. Sleep"

Sana nodded unsurely and settled back, closing her heavy eyelids, but not able to sleep.

"Bhaijaan, Yasmeen. I have a solution for this" She heard Aliza announce.

Sana was hopeful. She didn't react, wanting to listen to their discussion.

"There is a solution which solves all the problems. You two don't want to leave Sana alone. Point taken" she said, glancing at the door. "Sana will live at our place. Her place to be exact"

Her parents looked confused, and Sana tried her best to not make them feel her consciousness.

"I was thinking of doing it Wajid Bhai, Yasmeen. I think it will be best to bind these two together, We planned to perform the ceremony once she is completely fit. I know technically Mudassar is planning to propose to her, but I'm sure my son is still looking for better timing, I believe there is no better timing than the present. I want to propose the date of nikah for Mudassar and Azeen."

Sana gasped, all eyes in the room darting to her.

"I thought you were sleeping" Aliza accused bashfully.

"I..I.." Sana gulped nervously.

"Cat is out Ammi." Meher chirped. "So, Appi what do you say? Ready to become my Bhabhi-Jaan?"

"Y'all just didn't do that" Mudassar said from the door, his jaw clenched and eyes throwing glares. "Ammi, you said you'll wait till I talked to her but now you outed me"

"Son I thought she was sleeping" Aliza reasoned biting her lips in apology.

He shook his head in disappointment "Forget it Ammi. Allah-hafiz"

Followed by a door slam. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

249K 12.7K 50
#1 in Doctor series "Doctor!!" A soft, warm, and euphonic voice of Dr. Ishaan came from very behind me. I whirled. "Hhaammppff" I gasped, finding hi...
187K 11.6K 53
"Hey, baby?" I smile cheekily, grabbing Shreyan's attention and the girl beside him. He facepalms and looks at me, "Avyuktha?" "You look handsome, b...
192K 17.2K 53
(Featured by wattpad) She was lost in her own thoughts.She felt like there was no one who could heal her wound. Her tears were falling from her eyes...
192K 6.8K 43
"I'm not your personal doctor. And why the hell you want me to bandage your forhead when you have long list of girls to do it for you." I said glarin...