INSHALLAH

Per remixthestory

A short story. Two People. Ex-bestfriends. One is a doctor, Another is the hospital MD. She can't wait to... Més

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Epilogue

Chapter 4

704 67 3
Per remixthestory

Chapter 4

"I should have known you'll make us late." He grumbled in annoyance.

Sana smiled sheepishly and took her seat inside his car.

"We have enough time, Mr. Adami. Can't help it if you have the urge to reach there before anyone does." She shrugged.

He huffed and started driving. The whole other doctors and nurses had left before along with medical supplies. He and Sana were the only ones to leave last as she remembered a task. The one she was supposed to do two days back of arranging gifts and chocolates for children but as always, Sana Qureshi did things on her terms and deadlines. The world could go and hit its head for all she cared.

"Ammi has invited you home," Sana informed him.

"Why?" He cocked a brow in question.

"For dinner. It's been a while since you came." She informed him

"Been years" he muttered.

"Hmm. Years. 9 long years, Mudassar. Time passes so quickly. I still remember us fighting over remotes and pillows, now see we fight over protocols and paper-works." she chuckled.

He glanced at her, her eyes smiling as well. A feature he got attracted to first. Not just her lips but her eyes smiled too. She had the most beautiful pair of eyes in the world for him.

"We can tone down fights, only if you start obliging to SOPs. You know how much damage it can cause to your career, but still, you're stubborn to do things your way." He said, eyes straying away from her to the road.

"Who will you yell at, if I started doing things properly? You might not agree but you love fighting me." She said smugly.

He scoffed. "You wish"

"I wish a lot of things but not all of them will be completed" She stated.

"Allah listens to each one of them, Sana. Don't say this, Na shukarana is a sin." he reminded her.

"Not when he gives you reasons to. Do you think this might hurt her Allah Pak and he decides to hear me asking to leave? You think he'll fulfill it?" she winked.

"Your complaints will only make him ignore you." His grip on the steering wheel tightened. Why did she have to bring it always? He despised the thought of her going away from him.

"Whatever. Do you believe in intuitions?" she asked, he didn't respond and she continued "I'm having this weird intuition that something is going to change. A major change is coming my way. I just wish it's what I want."

"It is not real" he gritted.

She shrugged "Who knows?"

They were in midst of traffic when the traffic light turned yellow but they were far behind in the lines of vehicles.

"Okay listen to me. You want to save time, right? So let me step out and go to the confectionery shop at the next corner on that side" she pointed towards the front. "I'll go and pick up our order and you meet me with car by there. What say?" she looked confident about her plan.

He blinked and shook his head. "No"

"Look we won't get passed this signal. It'll turn red before we reach there and then we'll be stuck for the next 90 seconds. Let's use the time wisely?" She tried persuading.

"You won't get out of that place before an hour if you go there alone. I know you better than you think." he blew horn as the light turned green.

"Then why don't you go there Mr. Fast and furious. You complete the job and I'll meet you there with this love of your life?" She rebuked.

He contemplated as the last countdowns of green light came to an end and he was from crossing the zebra crossing. Now that he was still behind in the line, they could definitely save time.

"Okay then. I'll go and collect things but you be there as soon as the signal changes. Got it?" He pointed to her with a look.

"Yes dude, got it, now stop wasting time and get out of this car." She nudged him and he sighed.

He stepped out, she did too.

"Go and do the job, Adami. Do not miss me a lot." She came to his side grinning and he scoffed before giving her one final nod and started walking to the other side.

"Take care, Mudassar" She yelled from behind and he showed her thumps without looking back.

He crossed the road with much vigilance which already took his time. The signal changed to green and cars started moving and he glanced at the familiar car which also stood among the rallies. He might get another three minutes to complete his job.

Entering the shop, he quickly checks out, tapped his card, and walked out with three bags of goodies. The signal was orange and Sana was right behind the stop line. She would be the first one to cross as the last seconds of yellow ended and she accelerated as it turned green.

He could make out her sitting in the driver's seat, grinning mischievously. She was smug about whatever she was thinking. He shook his head with a grin. She could goof around in any situation. It was a blink, an almost passing second when it happened. The screech of Tyres was so loud and his car went flying to a distance, rolling until it came to a stop. The sound of glass breaking deafened the surroundings and nothing could be heard except multiple brakes.

His hold loosened and everything went tumbling down, eyes widening as his brain processed the scene.

"Sana" he screamed, sprinting towards the shattered car which lay upside down. Gravel full of glass pieces and then he saw it. Red flowing liquid covers black roads. As if the lungs were punctured, his breath felt choked and his knees buckled.

Lips trembling with inaudible noises leaving him.

"Oh god. This looks bad"

"Someone please calls an ambulance"

"Catch the truck driver. Don't let him run."

"Is she alone?"

"There is so much blood, I doubt she survived the hit."

"Sana" he whispered the name as if the strength re-entered his body, adrenaline bursting in his veins. He ran to the driver's side. The scene would never leave his brain ingrained and his eyes re-focused. She lay lifeless. Blood streaming out of her body, no single wound being identified.

He tried straightening the car alone but failed. He yelled at people gathered there. "Help me. Someone..he..help me pl..please" his voice broke as his eyes burned with hot tears. "Sana. She...is inside. Help.. please"

People came forward and helped him, pushing the car back, letting it fall back to its wheel slowly to not harm the victim inside.

He tried opening the jammed door but it seemed to be stuck. He stormed to the other side and pulled that door with all his force. Someone broke the already broken mirror and helped him.

Her body was hunched forwards, almost lifeless. Her seat belt kept her intact but the hit to her side did the worst. He unlocked the belt and she fell in his arms. Protecting her from any other glass wound he gently brought her out. The ambulance was there and the staff had arranged a stretcher for her to be carried.

He laid her down and saw her head, shoulder and rips wounded and bleeding. Her whole green suit was bloody and torn. Once braid hairs stuck to her open flesh.

"Sana" He whimpered seeing her laying there. "Can you hear me? Please open your eyes"

"Sir we need to take her. It's an emergency" someone said and he couldn't reply, his hands clutching her left palm for life. "Sir, please. She may not survive..."

"No" he roared "She'll wake up. She can't go away like this. She can't...can't leave me. Not like this" he croaked "Please save her please"

"We'll try our best. Please let us do our job" the man assured and he nodded robotically. They placed her stretcher inside. "Get in quick"

He jumped in and immediately took her hand again The nurses started their emergency procedure and he sat there, eyes not leaving her as if he'll look away and she would fade away from him.

Do you think this might hurt her Allah Pak and he decides to hear me asking to leave? Do you think he'll fulfill it?

"You're not fulfilling her idiot with Allah. Please you cannot." He said looking up. "She can't leave me. Allah-ta-alah. You hear me right?"

He looked down at her, staring intensely at her.

"Your intuition, your wishes nothing will be fulfilled. I won't let them be heard. You can't leave Sana Qureshi" His words held a commitment "I won't let you leave or go any...anywhere."

He wiped his tears, holding her wrist, wanting to feel her heartbeat for once. He wanted the assurance of her alive or he felt him losing his senses. His heart was raging, fingers shaking and lips couldn't help trembling.

"You should inform your family. Your wife may not survive this" The nurse said somberly.

His head snapped up, eyes burning with anger. "Nothing will happen to her. Do you hear that?"

"Sir I understand what you're going through but please calm down. You need to inform your family" She tried consoling him.

"Family. I have to tell them" he nodded, clearing his throat he tried fishing for his phone. His fingers shook with unknown fear of telling him. She was his responsibility and he failed.

How was he supposed to tell them this?

His thump hovered on the name he could think of. He dialed the number and tried calming his heart down.

"Salam-o-Alaikum"

"Abbu" he breathed, almost breaking.

"Mudassar Beta what's wrong?" he asked in concern.

"Abbu.... Sana... Sana had an a... accident" he stuttered.

Zohar sucked a breath. "Where are you taking her?"

" C...City Hospital...It's the closest from here" he tried explaining.

"Okay. I'll bring her parents there."

He nodded not able to speak.

"Mudassar, listen to me son." he wiped his face, focusing on his father's next words "You need to stay strong. Okay? You're to take care of her for us."

"Ji...ji Abbu" he mumbled exhaling.

"She'll be fine Mudassar. She's very strong. We know her"

Mudassar nodded "Yes. S.. she is"

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.8K 58
"don't look at me with those eyes Ms Singh otherwise I will loose myself to you ". He said and landed forward our lips so close but still that streng...
18K 1K 82
"ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘....." ★★★ AARYANSH × ISH...
288K 12.2K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
249K 12.7K 50
#1 in Doctor series "Doctor!!" A soft, warm, and euphonic voice of Dr. Ishaan came from very behind me. I whirled. "Hhaammppff" I gasped, finding hi...