Strike Back, Proud Goddess ||...

By ForAMillennium_

Min Lisa, a girl growing up in a poor countryside family, finds that she's actually the daughter of a wealthy... More

𝑰
𝑰𝑰
𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑰𝑽
𝑽
𝑽𝑰
𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑰𝑿
𝑿
𝑿𝑰
𝑿𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑰𝑽
𝑿𝑽
𝑿𝑽𝑰
𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑰𝑿
𝑿𝑿 😭
𝑿𝑿𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑽 ❀
𝑿𝑿𝑽
𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑿
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑽
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑿
𝑿𝑳
𝑿𝑳𝑰
𝑿𝑳𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑳𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑳𝑰𝑽
𝑿𝑳𝑽
𝑿𝑳𝑽𝑰
𝑿𝑳𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑳𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿𝑳𝑰𝑿
𝑳
𝑳𝑰
𝑳𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑰𝑽
𝑳𝑽
𝑳𝑽𝑰
𝑳𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑰𝑿
𝑳𝑿
𝑳𝑿𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑰𝑽
𝑳𝑿𝑽
𝑳𝑿𝑽𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑰𝑿
𝑳𝑿𝑿
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑽
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑽
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑿
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑽
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑿
𝑿π‘ͺ
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑰
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑰𝑰
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑰𝑽
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑽
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑽𝑰
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑽𝑰𝑰
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
𝑿π‘ͺ𝑰𝑿
π‘ͺ
π‘ͺ𝑰
π‘ͺ𝑰𝑰
π‘ͺ𝑰𝑰𝑰
π‘ͺ𝑰𝑽
π‘ͺ𝑽
π‘ͺ𝑽𝑰
π‘ͺ𝑽𝑰𝑰
π‘ͺ𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰
π‘ͺ𝑰𝑿 (𝑳𝒂𝒔𝒕 π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓)

𝑿𝑿𝑿

1.6K 42 24
By ForAMillennium_

Sehun took one look at Jungkook and another at Lalisa, and narrowed his eyes. He hadn’t forgotten that on that night before, Jungkook had rushed into the private room of that bar and taken Lisa away. Later on he had come back saying that he came here to ask Lisa if she would become his girlfriend.

Had Lili replied yes?

Noticing Sehun’s look, Taehyung covered his mouth with a fist and coughed, saying, “President He, don’t you know that President Jeon is the new shareholder who recently joined the board of OLS? He’s one of the major shareholders of OLS, holding 20% of the shares of OLS Group.”

Sehun sent a look of surprise at Jungkook and said, “No wonder President Jeon came in person. Is President Jeon going to the hot spring to check the shooting site?”

Ignoring the stylist, Jungkook said flatly, “Let’s go with the model.”

Sehun: “…” He must have come with Lisa!

He didn’t expect that a person like Jungkook would chase a girl to such a place… It turned out that even Jungkook could fall for a girl.

As long as they didn’t disturb his work, Sehun didn’t mind what they did. Thus, he didn’t say anything but asked the stylist to take Lalisa to change clothes and do some modeling. Seeing the stylist follow Lalisa into the dressing room, Jungkook frowned as he asked, “Will the stylist be changing clothes for the model?”

There was a hint of discontent in his tone. Although the stylist was a woman, she couldn’t be allowed to change Lali’s clothes for her!

Sehun also frowned and asked, “If the stylist can’t change clothes for the model, will President Jeon do it?”

“Okay.”

“Nonsense!”

A certain group of three men shouted at the same time. Jungkook turned to look at the Min brothers, who were glaring at Sehun. “President He, what are you talking about?! Don’t you know what kind of person President Jeon is?! How dare you speak to him like that!”

“Was there anything wrong with me saying that?” Sehun was confused. He looked at Jungkook and the Min brothers in turn and then pointed at Jungkook, asking, “Isn’t he seeing Lisa?”

“Shut up!” Taehyung yelled. “How could you say such words casually? My sister is still a high school student!”

Jimin nodded vigorously at the side, agreeing, “Yes, yes, yes! You can’t spread this rumor. My sister is still a student.” As he spoke, he shot looks at Jungkook from time to time.

Jungkook coldly stared at them, thinking: You don’t have to remind me, okay? He knew Lali well. She was feeling guilty about him right now, so she would tolerate anything he did, but if he went too far, she would settle accounts with him later. Therefore, even though Jungkook was eager to say that “Yes, we are in love,” he didn’t speak it out.

He cast a haughty glance at Taehyung and said with a frown, “Taehyung, go to the hot spring to check the security measures.”

Taehyung paused as he looked at Jungkook and asked with doubt, “Security measures?”

Jungkook stared at him while Sehun said, “We’ve checked the hot spring and talked to the owner. Today, apart from our staffs, no one is allowed in. So President Jeon, don’t worry about the security measures.”

After quite a while, Lalisa finally finished changing and came out. Everyone was stunned by her beauty and even Jungkook, who rarely paid attention to women, gazed at her with sparkling eyes. Not paying attention to the others, Lalisa only looked at Jungkook. When she saw his eyes turning increasingly brighter, she smiled shyly and asked him, “Am I beautiful?”

“Yes.” This simple and flat answer greatly pleased Lalisa.

Lalisa smiled. She didn’t expect that Sehun had prepared her a “Flower Fairy” dress designed by Fred Carrie. This dress was suitable for girls with good figures—or to be exact, for slim girls so that it would give people a fairy tale-esque impression—and she was slim… so this dress was perfect for her without the need for alterations.

Sehun looked at Lalisa with satisfaction and said excitedly, “I knew you wouldn’t let me down, but I didn’t know that you’d be even better than I expected. Lisa, you must be the most beautiful heroine of all TV commercials.” With that, he asked his assistant to hand him a box, which he opened to take out a very special-looking silver half mask. It would add a trace of mystery to Lalisa.

Sehun walked up to put on the mask for Lalisa under Jungkook’s vigilant stare and with a smile, said, “If you shoot the TV commercial wearing this mask, even the staff won’t know who you are.”

Lalisa returned the smile as she replied, “You’re so thoughtful.”

Afterwards, Sehun turned to ask the people to look at her and everyone shook their heads in disbelief. Jungkook merely stared at Lalisa and said nothing, while Taehyung marveled and remarked, “Lili, you’re like a perfect combination of both a knight and princess! Or are they blended in you?” Then he looked at Sehun as he continued, “I think we should raise the price. If this TV commercial is released, people will go crazy for the butterfly series.”

Sehun replied with a smile, “If the sales are good, we will promote it to the whole world. By then Lisa will have become our global endorser, and the endorsement fee will surely increase.”

Lalisa smiled and didn’t speak. She had accepted this offer only because she hated Tzuyu, so she took her job to avenge Min Lisa. But now that Tzuyu’s tricks had been exposed, she didn’t have to go after her anymore.

Seeing that Lalisa didn’t speak nor continue this topic, Sehun asked her to go to the studio to shoot one test take. If there was no problem, they would go to the hot spring for the shoot.

In the studio, Jungkook stood behind the camera and looked at Lalisa, who was in the middle of shooting. She had read the script only once and yet was able to well present the feeling the director wanted. Standing behind the camera, he could imagine what the TV commercial would be like. He asked Sehun, “Why don’t you just shoot it in the studio and add special effects afterwards?”

For some reason, he felt deeply resistant towards the natural hot spring and didn’t want Lalisa to go anywhere near it.

Sehun took a look at Jungkook with a frown, replying, “Only on the scene can the model be immersed. Only when we respect the TV commercial will the effect be better.” He paused and then added, “I think Lisa thinks the same as I do.”

Jungkook looked at Sehun with pursed lips and then at Taehyung, following which he turned to go outside. Taehyung turned puzzled eyes at him and followed him out. He asked, “What’s up?”

“Check around the hot spring again, as well as the inside.” Jungkook appeared solemn as he spoke. “Check carefully. Don’t miss any places. And don’t forget check the depth of the spring.”

Although Taehyung didn’t know why Jungkook was so nervous, he still went to check the hot spring. Mino was waiting in the hot spring early. When he saw Taehyung coming, he lit a cigarette and went over to him, saying, “There you are.”

Taehyung hummed in response as he looked about the set and then asked, “Have you checked all around? The site’s been cleared?”

Mino raised an eyebrow at his question. “Why are you being so careful? You really think your sister’s an international star? She’s just a newbie doing a TV commercial. Is it necessary to be so nervous?”

Taehyung tutted as he looked around at the staff nearby and replied seriously, “My sister has just been discharged from the hospital and she’s still weak. Besides, as you know, though she is a newbie, she’s the enemy of a former big star. We’d better be careful.”

Mino looked impatient, but he still asked the staff to check again, after which he said to Taehyung, “The staff members here are all regular staff members of Qingcheng Entertainment. You can rest assured that there won’t be any problems.”

Taehyung hummed at his words. He gazed at the dark-blue natural hot spring water and asked, “How deep is the hot spring?”

Mino turned his eyes to the water. “How would I know? It shouldn’t be too deep. Besides, we’ll only be shooting beside the water and won’t be getting in. Don’t worry.”

Taehyung walked to the waterside to take a look. The water was so clear that he could see down to the bottom, but it seemed like it could be a bit deep. The hot spring water was blue and looked beautiful. He thought that since guests would come here every day to enjoy the hot spring, there should be no danger. Perhaps Jungkook’s uneasiness was due to him being too nervous.

The audition worked out well. Sehun called Mino and told him that they were ready and asked him to prepare for the shoot and clear the site. Mino hung up the phone and ordered the people who had nothing to do with the shooting to leave the site while complaining to Taehyung. “Your sister is really someone. She’s just going to shoot a TV commercial, yet we have to clear the site for her.”

Taehyung curled his lips in response. “My sister didn’t ask for it. It’s President He who’s afraid of information being leaked out, which will result in no sense of mystery for the commercial. Who do you think should be blamed?”

Mino took a last puff of his cigarette before putting it out and throwing it into a trash can, following which he walked over to adjust the camera, saying, “Get out of here.”

As Lalisa and the other people came to the hot spring, Mino raised an eyebrow and blew a whistle when he saw Jungkook. “Oh, Jungkook, what brings you here?”

Jungkook glanced at him in greeting while Sehun answered for him. “President Jeon came here to inspect the set as a major shareholder of OLS.”

The staff members who were surprised at Jungkook showing up were shocked again. President Jeon was always so mysterious. When had he become a major shareholder of OLS?

Mino raised an eyebrow and looked at Lalisa behind Jungkook, exclaiming, “Oh, look what I see. A real little fairy!”

Lalisa greeted him and thanked him for his care. Still looking surprised, Mino replied, “Why would you need my care? Only the care of a major shareholder like President Jeon matters. We all have to listen to him.”

Lalisa was speechless. Mino really had a sharp tongue… Lalisa looked at Jungkook and said, “Thank you for your care, President Jeon.”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and gave a subtle smile as he asked, “If I weren’t satisfied, would you quit the shooting?”

“President Jeon doesn’t have the say. I am in charge,” Sehun said, after which he turned to ask the staff members to prepare for the shooting and then asked Mino to do a test shoot.

Jungkook took a step back to stand by Taehyung. “Have you checked the hot spring?”

Taehyung answered with a nod, “Yes. Don’t worry. The water isn’t very deep.”

Jungkook didn’t speak but stared straight at Lalisa who was auditioning.

After shooting a take, Mino looked at Lalisa with surprise. When he saw Lalisa dressed up like a flower fairy, he didn’t feel anything. However, he was stunned by her beauty after she casually performed several motions according to the script. The look in her eyes touched his heart. He suddenly felt he had found a born actress.

Her acting skills were not acquired but born with her!

A single look of hers made him believe that she really was a fairy.

Mino was satisfied with Lalisa’s performance, uttering, “Okay, let’s get down to the shooting.” He took out the script and shouted, “Bring up the perfume.” Then he proceeded to give instructions to Lalisa. “Later, there will be two extras frolicking in the hot spring who will leave. After they’re gone, you walk out of the maple trees—remember that you should look careful as if afraid of being discovered—then you pick up the perfume beside the hot spring, wear it and act as if playing with butterflies, following which you’ll stand up and turn around twice… then jump into the water and play with the butterflies and then…” He pointed to a swing on a maple branch and finished, “Play on the swing. That’s all.”

Lalisa nodded, thinking she might seem a little silly performing those actions, but she felt it should be fine after the post-production effects were added.

The shooting formally began. Two actresses frolicked around in the hot spring before they left laughing. At this time, a girl wearing a half mask showed up behind a maple tree. She looked around carefully and walked out after confirming no one was around. After making sure there was nobody else again, she smiled with joyful eyes and walked forward step by step with her bare feet.

Every step she took was accompanied by a breeze in the woods, which blew her hair loose. Her hair covered her mask and her gorgeous face was half exposed. Everything seemed still as she walked to the hot spring.

She was like a real princess who had escaped from a castle, or like a fairy that had secretly descended to the mortal realm, full of curiosity about the outside world. Seeing the perfume bottle placed at the hot spring, she approached it with deliberate steps. All the staff members held their breath to see what she was going to do.

She picked up the perfume bottle, sprayed it gently and raised her face. Everyone could see the beautiful smile resting on her red lips. She looked at her fingertips in surprise, and then looked behind her. She raised her hand to gently blow at it, and then raised her face slightly to smile at the air.

It seemed as if she were playing with butterflies…

Just then, a blue butterfly flew over and surprised everyone present. A butterfly? The creature flew towards the middle of the hot spring. Lalisa gathered up her dress and chased after it. Wading into the water at a steady pace, she suddenly stopped and turned around, when countless butterflies flew towards her.

Lalisa, however, didn’t feel well; her mind became filled with images of the crash where her body was exploded into countless pieces, following which the deep blue sea swallowed her body—she was no longer herself and her body sank with a jerk.

Everyone cried out loud. Jungkook shouted, “Help!” and he rushed towards her…

But the butterflies stopped all of them and no one could go near the hot spring. Taehyung shouted, “When did so many butterflies appear?! What’s going on here?”

Lalisa felt as if she were falling into the depths of the ocean, while the people around the hot spring were in chaos.

Lalisa felt water entering her mouth and she became suffocated to the point where she could not breathe. She tried to grasp at anything but failed. She was overwhelmed with fear… What should she do… what should she do…? She curled up and refused to see the water, dared not even open her eyes out of the fear that as soon as she did, she would return to that sea and be blown apart.

“No…” Lalisa attempted to hold herself in her arms but could not. She slightly opened her eyes only to see that she was surrounded by a pool of water and could do nothing. She did her best to swim upward, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t swim ashore. Smiling feebly, she thought, “It won’t work… I’m already dead… How would it be possible for me to swim back?”

She relaxed her hands and closed her eyes, letting herself sink…

Everything had all been a dream. She was already dead—dead in the sea… This was a fact she could not ignore.

“Min Lisa!” Suddenly, a cry came from the depths of her mind.

Lalisa snapped open her eyes only to see a miniature man standing in front of her, who approached with measured steps and wearing a mocking smile, said, “You are so timid. How can you deserve my system? A coward who can’t even face her own death doesn’t deserve 008!”

Lalisa shook her head and widened her eyes in an attempt to clearly see the man’s face. No, it was not true! She had already faced the fact that she was dead. Otherwise, she would not have acted as Lisa like she had!

“No?” The man’s low laughter rang. “If you’ve faced it, why can’t you let it go?”

Lalisa shook her head madly. It was not that she couldn’t let it go! She could! She just wanted to get her revenge!

“Can you avenge yourself now?” The man’s voice sounded mocking again.

Lalisa froze suddenly. She was not able take revenge. She would even feel tired merely running a few steps. How could she have the ability to take revenge?! This was why she had to strengthen herself!

“What should I do?” Lalisa finally calmed down. She opened her eyes and looked at the man, asking again, “What should I do?”

The man’s voice finally sounded a little happy. “Do you know who murdered you? I think you should check why you fell in the water today…”

Lalisa suddenly felt a beam of light falling on her body and the next second, she was dragged up by something to her feet, following which she saw the densely-crowded butterflies surrounding the hot spring suddenly disperse like an exploding flower ball, looking incredibly beautiful…

She reached out her hand and a few butterflies landed on it, but Lalisa was not at all in the mood to enjoy such a beautiful scene; there was only one thought in her mind. Just now, she hadn’t slipped by accident, but someone had arranged for it to happen on purpose… and because of her fear, she had thought she was back in the middle of the deep Pacific Ocean…

The people saw the butterflies disperse and Lalisa standing in the middle of the hot spring, a few butterflies landing on her hand…

Jungkook stared at Lalisa standing there and took a step forward, but Mino immediately stopped him. “Don’t go forward. Let me finish this shot…” Intimidated by the butterflies, none of them walked into the hot spring and let the cameras take all the scenes instead, including the moment when Lalisa fell down, when the butterflies surrounded the hot spring and then dispersed, and when Lalisa reached out her hand to play with the butterflies… She looked so noble, mysterious and beautiful…

This was exactly the kind of feeling he had been looking to capture—the perfume helping to regain lost memories.

Mystery, fantasy and nobility.

Lalisa’s hair was long, her face was covered in drops of water and her beautiful dress was wet, but none of these affected the special effects of the TV commercial. She opened one arm and showed half of her face to the camera, but just then, a butterfly landed on her hand and Mino shouted, “Put the perfume in her hand!”

The assistants quickly found the perfume and put it in Lalisa’s hand. Mino finally finished the whole shoot and shouted “cut”.

It had taken less than 20 minutes to shoot the whole TV commercial. Although the finishing shots hadn’t followed the script, the whole shooting had gone without any NG.

Mino was also very satisfied.

Hearing “cut”, Lalisa came to her senses and looked at Jungkook, who appeared angry and was releasing a dangerous aura. She took careful steps out of the hot spring, stopped in front of him and said with a smile, “It was just artistic effects. Were you scared?”

Artistic effects? Jungkook sneered as he grabbed Lalisa’s wrist and began walking outside. Where had those butterflies come from?! Did she really think he was a fool?

Letting Jungkook drag her out, Lalisa looked back to Taehyung and mouthed some words to him. Seeing this, Taehyung who had been looking at them, frowned and turned to look at Mino, who was asking Jimin whether Lisa had become Jungkook’s girlfriend, and said seriously, “My sister said there was glass in the water and her fall wasn’t accidental. Gather all the staffs together!”

Shocked, Mino asked the staff to pack up the equipment and then walked to the hot spring, where he found traces of blood in the middle of the pool. Although the traces had faded somewhat, they were still visible. Mino stepped into the pool to pick up the aforementioned piece of glass and shouted with a frown, “Get all the staff members responsible for the hot spring over here!”

Sehun walked over with a dark face and said to Mino, “Mino, all the staff members here today were brought by you from Qingcheng Entertainment. You have to give me an explanation.”

Mino looked at Sehun with a frown and nodded. “You can rest assured that no one has ever dared to mess around on my set, but today Lisa was injured under my eyes. I’ll surely investigate the matter and give you an explanation!”

Besides, Lisa was very talented. If her potential were fully tapped, he was sure that she would win tons of acting awards in the next 30 years!

Five minutes later, all the staffs were gathered together. Mino turned his eyes at them and a ferocious look crossed his handsome countenance as he raised the piece of glass in his hand, swept an icy gaze over the staff members and asked coldly, “Who put this in the hot spring? Tell me!”

The staff members exchanged looks, but no one came forward to confess.

Looking at their faces, Mino frowned. “Do you think I won’t be able to find out if you don’t admit it?” His face became cold. “Who is responsible for checking the hot spring? Come out!”

Two female assistants and a male assistant stepped out, and Mino coldly stared at them. “Did you really check the hot spring?”

After Lalisa and Jungkook had walked for a while, she was suddenly carried up by Jungkook. She subconsciously put her arms around his neck and looked at him. Jungkook lowered his eyes at her, then at her bleeding foot, and his eyes became filled with rage. “You’d better behave yourself.”

Lalisa tamely stayed in his arms and gave a low chuckle. “I never dare to not behave myself around you.”

Jungkook glared at her again. If she had behaved herself, she would not have been injured!

Jungkook warned, “Lalisa, let me tell you for the last time. Don’t get injured, or else I don’t know what crazy things I’ll do!” He hugged the soaked Lalisa, not caring whether his clothes would become wet, and continued in a deep voice, “If you want to take revenge and find out who murdered you, I can help you, but you can’t get yourself hurt. Understand?”

Lalisa paused to raise an eyebrow before looking at Jungkook and then she smiled, but her eyes were icy. She stared at Jungkook as, in a harsh tone, she said, “Jungkook, we’re together because I love you, but I hope to solve my things on my own. You can’t make a decision for me. If you can’t do this, I’ll leave you!”

Jungkook suddenly stopped walking and the air around him turned cold as if surrounded by a storm. Jungkook looked furiously at Lalisa and uttered seriously, “Say that again!”

Lalisa raised her chin to shoot a cold and resolute look at Jungkook, as if the man she was facing was not the one she loved but an enemy in business. She said coldly, “I said, if you want to keep me like a canary in a cage, I’ll do everything I can to get away from you, even at the expense of my life!”

Her words thoroughly angered Jungkook and his emotions erupted like a storm. He stood there holding Lalisa as he looked at Lalisa with a sneer. “I must be crazy to…”

His words were forced into his throat by Lalisa’s sudden kiss. His anger immediately dissipated and was replaced by surprise and shock. Lalisa still had her arms around his neck, but the expression on her face was no longer as harsh and cold as a moment ago. Wearing a gentle smile, she said, “Kookie, I would also like to stand at the top of the pyramid, looking down at the common herd with you, rather than to stand below and be looking up at you. Can you understand me?”

Jungkook felt his heart jolt sharply. “Just because of this?”

Lalisa nodded. “Yes. You know my former identity is completely different from my present one. In the past, all the big shots in the world would have bowed to me even if I were to just lay at home, but now it’s totally different. I’ve become someone even a little assistant would dare to bully. If I only hide behind you, won’t I become trash?”

Jungkook cast a deep gaze at Lalisa, but didn’t say anything in the end. He took Lalisa to the lounge and put her down on a sofa, following which he went to find clothes for her. After Lalisa came out of the dressing room, he found a first-aid kit and began to dress the wounds on her feet.

Thinking of how Jungkook hadn’t thrown her to the ground but still held her tightly despite being furious moments before, Lalisa couldn’t help but smile. She reached out to touch his face with a sweet smile. “Kookie, I know you’re very busy. You don’t have to stay by my side every day. I’m an adult and I won’t get lost…”

“Yes, you will.” With that said, Jungkook lowered his head to continue dressing her wound.

Lalisa was stunned at his words… Did he mean that he had already lost her once, so he wouldn’t lose her again?

Lalisa suddenly felt sad…

At that moment, the door of the lounge was pushed open and Lalisa looked up only to see Mino, Sehun and the Min brothers come in. Lalisa raised an eyebrow, while Jungkook continued to still treat her wound as if nobody was watching. Taehyung took a look at Lalisa, who nodded at him with a smile, and then he said, “We’ve found it. Min Tzuyu bribed a male assistant of Mino’s company to victimize the model who took her endorsement contract. She didn’t know the model was you.”

“It’s her?” Lalisa was slightly surprised. She hadn’t met Tzuyu for a long time. Even when the real and fake daughter matter was exposed, she hadn’t meet her. To her surprise, Tzuyu was once again the one behind this incident.

Mino covered his mouth with a fist and coughed awkwardly before sending an apologetic look at Lalisa. “It’s my fault. If I were more vigilant, this wouldn’t have happened. The assistant has been fired. As for Min Tzuyu, I’ll sue her after getting the confession and money transfer record from the assistant.”

Lalisa smiled and nodded. “Okay, sorry for troubling you.”

Mino waved his hand. “It’s my fault, so I’m obliged to handle it.” Looking at her wound that had been wrapped up by Jungkook, he raised an eyebrow. “But I’d like to advise you that Min Tzuyu is a bane and you’d better get rid of her as soon as possible.”

Lalisa nodded and was about to speak when Yeji called her. Lalisa answered the phone. Hearing Yeji’s words on the phone, she scowled and jumped up. “I see. I’ll be right there.”

Jimin and Taehyung looked at her at the same time. “What’s up?”

Lalisa frowned and replied solemnly, “Aunt was injured. Her mom pushed her down the stairs.”

“What!” Taehyung and Jimin were shocked. “Pushed her down the stairs?!”

Jungkook looked at Lalisa with a frown, saying, “I’ll send you there.” Then he bent down to take up Lalisa and went outside.

Lalisa checked her cell phone only to find many unanswered calls from Yeji. The accident should have happened a long time ago.

Taehyung and Jimin wanted to leave too. They told Sehun to call them if there was any problem and then left.

Seeing them leave in a hurry, Mino tutted and shook his head. “I didn’t expect the Min Family to be so messy.” He clicked his tongue and said, “What surprises me even more is that Jungkook is willing to get involved in such a messy family.”

He thought Jungkook would always be the kind of man who wasn’t interested in women, but from the moment Lisa fell into the water, he knew that Jungkook had fallen for this little girl who had stolen his heart.

After Jungkook carried Lalisa down the mountain, they got on the car and Jimin drove directly to the hospital.

It didn’t take them long to reach the hospital, as Jimin was racing along the way. As soon as they entered the hospital, something suddenly occurred to Lalisa and she stopped her steps.

Taehyung looked back at Lalisa and asked with doubt, “What’s up?”

Lalisa looked at Jungkook and said seriously, “You shouldn’t be here. Go back.” Seeing Jungkook frown, Lalisa grabbed his hand and pleaded him with imploring eyes. “Please, Kookie.”

Jungkook took a deep look at Lalisa, but he said nothing in the end and turned to leave.

Seeing Jungkook leave, Lalisa looked at the Min brothers and asked, “Jimin, Taheyung, can you two do me a favor?”

Taehyung looked confused. “What is it?”

Lalisa gave a cold smile with narrowed eyes. “I want to see Min Tzuyu. You guys bring her to the hospital.”

Jimin looked at Lalisa, who folded her arms over her chest, a cold gleam flickering across her eyes as she continued, “Min Tzuyu must have had a part in this matter. I’ve checked the information about her. She has a good relationship with her grandpa and grandma. It must have something to do with her for them to come all the way here to make trouble. Bring her over.”

Although Jimin and Taehyung thought it wasn’t good for her to quarrel with Tzuyu in the hospital, they didn’t want to go against her will and so agreed. After asking her to be careful in the hospital, they turned around and left.

Lalisa nodded and saw the Min brothers off, following which she took out her cellphone and called Yeji to ask her which ward Jiwon was in, then went towards the elevator.

Jiwon had received an operation and was sent back to her ward. When Lalisa arrived at the tenth floor of the inpatient building that was for VIP patients, she saw Yeji, Soohyun, Hyunbin and Jinhwan waiting at the door of Jiwon’s ward. Besides them, there were also an old lady and an old man whom both looked vigorous. At this time, the old lady was arguing with Hyunbin. “I just gave her a piece of my mind, but she yelled at me! I’m her mom. Should she speak to me like that? By the way, you have been raising Jinning for so long. Why can’t you let her stay at your house? Your place has a lot of rooms.”

Hearing this, everyone else frowned. Hyunbin stared at the old lady with a frown and said angrily, “Mom, how can you speak like this? Jiwon just tried to explain to you, but you pushed her down the stairs! Do you know this is an intentional injury?”

Hearing this, the old lady scowled and became furious. She pointed to Hyunbin’s face, yelling, “You rich people are such bullies, aren’t you? I pushed her down the stairs by accident. It’s her fault! Why was she standing on the stairway? I just gave her a nudge, but she lost her footing and fell down. Am I to blame?”

Unable to bear the old lady’s ridiculous words, Yeji frowned and said in a cold voice, “Aunt Lin, did Jiwon mean to fall down the stairs? Do you mean she intentionally did so? If you hadn’t pushed her, she wouldn’t have fallen!”

Grandma Lin gave her a black look and shouted rudely, “This is our family’s business. It’s none of your concern!”

“I don’t think so!” Jinhwan looked at his grandma coldly and frowned. Ever since his childhood, his grandma had favored Tzuyu… no, to be exact, she had only liked Tzuyu and wouldn’t bother to look at him though he was her grandson. It had now been confirmed that Tzuyu was not a child of the Min Family, yet she still came all the way here to make trouble just to support that woman. Was she crazy? Jinhwan took a step forward to face Grandma Lin and with narrowed eyes, he said coldly, “If you hadn’t asked my mom to give you her share in Min’s Group so that you could give them to Min Tzuyu, would she have quarreled with you? Let me tell you—anything concerning Min’s Group is the business of every member of the Min Family. You are the outsider! You are not part of our family!”

“You little bastard. How can you talk to your grandma like this!” Grandma Lin looked at her husband, who stood at the side keeping silent, and scolded him. “Are you dumb? Don’t you see they are all scolding me? Why don’t you help me?”

Hyunbin said coldly, “I think you know how much money we gave you since I married Jiwon. We were always tolerant of you no matter how many troubles you brought to us, but Min Tzuyu is not our child and even almost murdered our daughter. Of course I won’t let her get a penny from us!” With that said, he added harshly, “I’m being lenient enough by not suing her!”

Grandma Lin responded with an even louder yell than before at his words. “That girl has accompanied you for more than twenty years. Shouldn’t you compensate her?! How can you say such heartless words?! The child has been forced to leave the Min Family. How will she survive?! You should make it up to her!”

“Then what about my daughter?!” Hyunbin stared at Grandma Lin and said coldly, “Our daughter’s life has also been stolen for more than twenty years and she suffered for as long. Who will compensate her? I allowed Min Tzuyu to continue to stay in the Min Family, but what did she do? She almost killed my daughter. How can I continue to raise her, you dotard!”

“You!” Grandma Lin was too angry to speak.

Folding her arms over her chest, Lalisa leaned against the corner and listened as they quarreled. This old couple was cruel to Jiwon, just as the latter used to be to Min Lisa, but this was the first time she had come across such disgusting people.

But what was wrong with this Grandma Lin? She was so kind to Tzuyu that it seemed suspicious… Her own daughter was lying in a sickbed, yet she didn’t seem to care about her at all, only worried about the survival of a child who was not blood-related to her.

Her partiality was almost outrageous.

Soohyun stood at the side and didn’t speak until Yeji touched his hand. He stepped forward and said solemnly, “Since this is already the case, let’s call the police and see what they will do. Grandma Lin, this is a hospital. You can’t be noisy. Please keep that in mind.”

When Grandma Lin heard they were going to call the police, she sat down on the floor and cried out loud, “Look at these bullies! These people are using their power to hold us poor people in jail!”

Looking at Grandma Lin sitting on the ground and then at Mr. Lin who did the same, Yeji frowned and sneered, “If I were Jiwon, I would rather cut off relations with you!

“She turned so heartless because she was with you people for too long! Otherwise, how could she have abandoned her daughter, whom she had raised for over twenty years, for a bastard girl that came from nowhere?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 420 76
A rewrite of my self-insert Star Wars story, Galactic Overlord. More chapters, story arcs, character interactions etc I got isekai'd into Star Wars a...
664K 12.1K 80
| I DO NOT OWN ENCANTO OR ANY CHARACTERS FROM THE MOVIE ITSELF, ONLY Y/N OR ANY OF HER FAMILY MEMBERS | pronouns for reader will be at the top of the...
123K 3.4K 200
Synopsis He stood beside her bed and stared at her face in wonder if it's real. A smile appeared on his lips seeing her fluttering eyelashes as she w...
119K 3.3K 200
The once rich girl Lee Lalisa lost her mother when she was born. She was then dumped overseas by her own father when she was little to her own device...