A Strange New Little Brother

Od kittyface27

When the Whitebeards finds something has ransacked their food supply, they didn't expect to find some strange... Více

The Mystery Stowaway
The Faupta's Blessing
Getting To Know Ace and Bad News
New Adventures, And a Few Set Backs
Fishman Island
A Happy Time
Upsetting Times
A Return To Normal?
Final Conclusion

Vacation

1.2K 30 7
Od kittyface27

Lots of Ace fluff in this one. The Whitebeards are the best family for our baby faupta. Enjoy~

Ace was behind Marco's leg a bit, Haruta with them, too. They were on a protected island and Ace was allowed on it. Nobody would hurt him, and they'd stay there for a couple days so he could thoroughly explore it. They were wonderfully patient with him stopping to sniff everything, looking inside shop windows, asking what things were.

He had the mark stamped on his shoulder, so nobody should bother him, though they were staying with him anyways for safety. Couldn't have some idiot ruin it and hurt him. Nobody would let anybody else hurt him, even if it was attacking one of their own citizens. Their members came first.

Ace got lots of treats, a lot of candy and ice cream. He even got a snow cone but that give a brain freeze he'd neve felt before, and freaked him out. Haruta said it was normal when he got a brain freeze and got scared at the new feeling. So, after that he ate the cold things more slowly. He was allowed inside most shops because Marco was with them.

So many looked at him strangely or in shock, but knew he wasn't dangerous when he was with the commanders. They got him all sorts of different foods, and he was very interested in a red beaded necklace at a jewelers. Haruta bought it for him, and now he had a necklace that he seemed very proud of and showed it to everybody once they got back on the ship for the day.

"Ace like beads," he said at dinner, admiring it. Whitebeard said it looked very nice on him, and he smiled brightly at it, nodding. After he ate dinner, the faupta raced to his bedroom to go to bed, excited about going back on the island the next day.

The commanders were left eating their food, able to tell where Ace had gone, straight to bed. "He's so damn cute sometimes," Thatch comments while putting his cleaned plates in the dishwasher since Ace had zoomed off the minute he finished his meal.

Whitebeard said he was happy Ace was enjoying himself. "He got many weird looks, of course, but was so distracted by everything he didn't notice. He learned all about the island's shops. We spoiled him," Haruta explained.

Marco thought he deserved it. After being kept on the ship for so long, after healing Pops, after saving Thatch's life, he deserved to be pampered for a long time. He was their baby and they'd do anything to make him a happy one. After they were all done with dinner, they retired to bed, and once everyone was asleep, Marco had no doubt they could all tell Ace was taking advantage of the quiet nighttime to roam the ship.

Not loudly or quickly, just wandering around various places. He knew not to go outside during the night, so he kept all of his exploration inside. In the morning, there was a scratching at his door. He sat up and yawned before getting up. He opened the door to see Ace. "On island, on island," he said. Marco grinned and said they had to have breakfast first. "Then fast breakfast."

"Okay, I'll eat faster than usual," Marco said, and went to get changed before going to the galley with Ace, who scarfed down his food and went to his room to get his new beads and then came out and impatiently waited for Marco to finish, who did eat faster. Marco thought it was adorable, like almost everything Ace did.

When they went on the island, this time the went into the forest of the place, Thatch tagging along this time. He explored everywhere, seeing new creatures and plants that he inspected, but sometimes growled and hissed at. Surprisingly, he was the most suspicious about big insects.

Marco handed him an apple from one of the trees at the edge fo the forest, and Ace ate it whole, very happy about his outing. But halfway through, he said he was tired and wanted a nap. So Marco picked him up and carried him around before his nap was over and he was reenergized to continue his outing.

"How do you know when you need a nap, Ace?"

"Sleepy. Body heavy, too. Ace need sleep a lot, not know when," Ace explained as he inspected a flower and then moved on excitedly, checking out all the different types of trees and animals up above. It was only natural that he was so interested in other creatures since none at his home island even looked remotely close to the common animals. Like squirrels, birds, and bunnies.

He never attacked them, besides the bugs, especially if they got too close. Ace didn't harm people, no matter if his fingers were literal daggers. He was peaceful. When they went back to the ship when they were all hungry, Ace was very happy, bouncing on his toes as he walked with them back to the ship.

-x-

The next island was a winter island, so they had Ace bundled up in a fluffy jacket, a beanie to protect his ears and a scarf. He also had specially made gloves and booties for his feet. He wasn't very comfortable in all of it since he usually was wearing no clothes at all, his fluff being all he needed.

But he was excited to go on land. Everybody was in their winter clothes, and when the snowy island came into view, they were all excited. All but Ace. Marco asked what was wrong. "Ace never been at snow..."

"Are you nervous?" The faupta nodded honestly. "You don't have to go on if you don't want to. But we'll be there, too, so you'll be safe. It's an inhabited island with humans, but we're going to the part that isn't," Marco assured. As they got closer, Ace got a bit more relaxed, especially when Thatch could tell what was happening and brought him a hot chocolate with big marshmallows on top that he'd charred beforehand.

Ace happily drank it, warming himself form the inside. Marco gave the man a thumbs up and Thatch grinned. When they got to the island, Ace was standing with his hands pressed to the railing. The ship was buzzed, as even grown men couldn't help but enjoy the snow. When they got there, and docked, pirates ran off of the ship to act like children.

Marco and Thatch walked Ace off the ramp, and he was cautious about stepping into the snow but bravely did so even if he had his reservations. Marco was ready to take him back up if he got spooked, but he was brave enough to walk into the snow. His legs and arms were short, so he didn't exactly step out of the snow, rather he pushed through it, leaving a long trail behind him.

They found a place where the snow wasn't so deep, and Ace took part in a snowball fight, clumsy but having fun. He was hit by a ball in the face and fell backwards. Marco glared at his brother, who looked guilty. But then Ace started making a strange looking snow angel. Thatch flopped down next to him and made his own, with Haruta hurrying over to join.

Ace was grinning, very happy. He was having a great time. They stayed out and played in the snow for hours before Ace got tired and said he needed a nap. Marco wasn't surprised he needed a nap sometime after playing awhile. He walked with Ace back to the ship and to his room, where the faupta laid on his bed and immediately fell asleep.

Marco closed the bedroom door behind him. It was so like having a little kid, and Ace was adorable. Marco went and found Pops on the deck, sitting in his chair and enjoying the snow that was drifting down. He had a jacket on, the only real time he wore a shirt and not just his coat.

"How'd Ace do?" he asked with a smile. Marco told him about his bravery, the snowball fight and starting a mass snow-angel making. Dozens of pirates had joined in. Really, they were like kids in the snow, too. What was it about that that made people so childish? Was snow some magical thing that relaxed everybody, brought out a playful side? Or were his brothers all just morons? Who knew? "I'm glad he's enjoying the islands. It's nice to have somebody enjoy them for the first time," Pops replied, looking to the side at his playful children. "They look like fools." Marco nodded, admitting that they were all fools. All in their own special ways.

They weren't surprised, as they sensed it, when a snow bird dropped the newspaper on them. Marco opened it, sifting through meaningless things. Most things in the newspapers were useless marine talking points. They covered up many big events if it made them look bad or not in complete control.

When he made it to the second page, he saw it had to do with a break in at Impel Down. And then he saw who it was, and his face turned into a hateful scowl. Teach managed to break into Impel Down, but was said to have been killed the moment he entered. Marco found that unlikely. Teach would not have gone there unless he was completely sure he could get out.

It didn't say who he was, or what he wanted. Just that he broke in and then was killed. He handed the paper to Pops, who read it with a calm face. "At least we know he's in Paradise. We're far into the New World by now." Marco nodded and sighed, wondering what Teach wanted for real. What all of it was for.

He looked over the side of the ship and watched Thatch nail Haruta in the crotch with a snowball. Thatch could have been killed. If Ace hadn't snuck onto the ship for food, they'd have no head chef. But he smiled, knowing that was an alternate reality. The real one had everyone alive and safe.

Pops smiled and said that things were fortunate for them if Teach did as he pleased in Paradise, and stayed away from them and their territories. The first mate sat on Whitebeard's shoulder and watched the snow gather on the deck, looking satisfying as it slowly built up until a thin layer was all around the ship.

Ace came skidding out and rolling over in the snow, jumping up and looking a little confused. He looked down, surprised that there was snow on the deck, too. Then he laid down on his stomach and made a different snow angel. Pops smiled in amusement, and Ace stood up, looking at his work with an approving eye as he darted off the ship to play in the snow some more. "What a cute brat he is." Marco snorted, and had to agree.

-x-

Ace was snuggled in his bed, nose runny and stuffy with a sore throat. He had a cold, and everyone was fretting over it as Thatch made him perfect soup and fresh apple sauce. He made jello to make him feel better. Marco had been in the room with him when he had his temperature taken, and when he was told he was sick, the poor kid started crying, worried he'd die.

"You won't die, Ace," Tami said kindly. "You're just gonna be uncomfortable for a few days. The best thing for you is rest." Ace sniffled about wanting to play in the snow more. "That's what got you the cold, most likely. No more snow for now." Ace was so upset, and Marco assured him there were plenty of snow islands they'd visit.

And they weren't leaving any time soon. It was a vacation for them. So, Ace was taken care of perfectly, everyone doing whatever he needed. Pretty much treating him like royalty. But it was his first time getting sick with a human illness, so they were more than understanding. It scared him, a lot.

When he got better, he wanted to go in the snow again, and was allowed as long as he was even more bundled up. They couldn't say no to him when he begged to go into the snow again. This time, they spent most of the snow time on deck. It was deep enough to sink into but shallow enough for him to walk better.

He made big snowballs with the others and made a snow man. It was a bit deformed, and hard to make with his sharp fingers, but it turned out fairly well for being his first time. Thatch's was even worse, somehow. Izo was always the best at it, and made many detailed snow sculptures. And the chef was an idiot and jumped on them, earning a beating that had Ace hiding behind his own snow creation.

The whole thing was pretty amusing, and Pops clearly thought so, too, laughing from his chair, finally having his coat on completely.

-x-

"Happy birthday!" the crew cheered for Ace on the day that marked one year since he'd come. He hadn't matured much over the year in size of behavior, but if he was young, it's not like one year does the trick and matures them instantly. Plus, they didn't know how he'd grow cognitively. He sat on the table, looking at his cake with a big grin. Haruta lit the candle and Ace blew it out. He was so happy.

Marco and the commanders were keeping the news about Teach secret so they could all enjoy Ace's birthday. Of course it wasn't actually his birthday, as he didn't know the date or how old he was. It was a small cake just for Ace, and when it was cut for him, he ate it quickly, scarfing it down.

"Yummy," he said and ate some more. By the end, he'd eaten half the cake and was laying on his back, stuffed. They'd had a huge feast for the day. Usually they celebrated all birthdays together on New Years, which was a crazy event, since if they did each person's birthday, they'd have to have a party every day. Not that that would be bad, but they definitely didn't have the resources for a party every single night.

When the party started, the one with alcohol of course, Ace stayed on Pops' knee, snoozing despite the noise around him. Marco was glad the higher ups decided to not burst their bubbles and allow them to have fun. Breaking the news would be not fun at all. With Teach having attacked one of their islands, it was now time for them to target the traitor.

It had been months since his betrayal, and they hadn't forgotten or forgiven, never would, but he'd been in Paradise the whole time, being a nuisance to everybody, marines and pirates alike. As well as regular people. He killed them, too. Marco looked to Ace. He would be so scared if he saw Teach again.

Well, he wasn't outside during pirate attacks, never put in danger. Both because he'd be in the way or unsafe, but he also just didn't want to be out there. And he was afraid of storms, so he stayed inside there, too. During storms, a lot of the time Thatch stayed with him, soothing him when he covered his ears with his hands. Even though they came and went quickly, Ace still hid under beds or in closets for at least an hour afterwards. Poor guy.

When everyone was passed out drunk besides Marco and Pops to keep watch as they didn't get drunk so easily, they sat in silence until Ace awoke, and had a lot of energy he spent running around the deck, jumping over everyone's passed out bodies expertly. Then he announced he was going to his bed, and scampered inside.

Marco's smile faded, and he sighed. "Pops, you're still able to heal, right?" he asked quietly. Whitebeard took his bisento and sliced his arm. It healed over, and Marco sighed. Pops said, even if he wasn't in great health from Ace's blessing, he wouldn't lose to Teach or anybody else. Marco relaxed knowing he'd be okay. Thatch, too.

What would Teach think when he saw Thatch alive? After all, the man was so close to death when the traitor was there. But Ace saved the day. Something they noticed after the worst of the storms, or when aggressive sea kings challenged the ship, any damage that it sustained was fixed.

Ace's healing seemed to permanently be able to keep anything he'd healed or fixed healthy and in pristine condition. So far, at least, but it had been a year and Pops was still in great health. In the beginning, everyday he had a check up, which was once every two weeks now, and when Marco heard that the old man was perfectly healthy, it almost brought tears to his eyes.

Years of dreading his age and declining health were gone. For now, at least. When Ace was asked how long it lasted, he said it lasted as long as he wanted. But he said he'd only healed his favorite tree or his bird friend. They were perfectly safe after he blessed them. Well, basically everything on the island was not killable.

After all, all the fauptas had that ability. Ace wasn't the only one. With the many fauptas they had not seen on the strange island, most fixed their friends. So the creatures there were mostly unkillable. Marco wondered why they hadn't seen anything like Ace when they explored inland. Maybe they were all staying invisible.

Ace didn't use that much anymore since he had no reason to.

In the morning, the commanders announced the news. It was either a really bad thing or a really good thing that much of the crew didn't experience extreme hangovers. Well, Thatch made the concoction to take in the morning, so that had to help, too. It was disgusting, and the moment Ace had smelled it, he hissed at the drink, making everyone laugh about it.

"We have news that Teach is back in the New World and decimated one of our islands. We learned in the paper because the citizens didn't have the time to call for help." The galley erupted into anger while Ace crawled into Thatch's lap, who rubbed his ears softly. They'd both been through the incident together, so it made sense Ace went to Thatch for comfort.

The pompadoured man wasn't scarred or scared of Teach for doing what he did like Ace was. He was mostly angry about him hurting the faupta and making him get sick by healing the chef. Ace was scared of Teach badly. Nobody would let him get anywhere near Teach or his crew. And Marco felt exponentially better about it when they were saying they'd be going after them, that Pops was not in bad condition.

Teach didn't know about that, though. Nobody had said a thing about it until Thatch was healed. It was a good thing he didn't know, or he might have tried to take Ace, as well. And the faupta might have gotten scared enough to grant the traitor the blessing. That's what Marco called his healings. Because they were blessings.

"We won't tolerate him harming our protected islands. We will finally punish the traitor for what he has done," Whitebeard said in his booming voice. Everyone approved of going after him. Even though it had been months since the attempted murder, their anger and hatred flooded back in full force. They just had to make sure nobody was reckless with Teach having that overpowered devil fruit.

After the announcement, Ace wanted to go to his room, so Thatch brought him to his room, and the faupta crawled under all of his blankets to hide. Poor boy, so scared. It angered them that he'd traumatized the bright light that was Ace.

But they had to go face Teach and punish him for all of the traitorous things he has done. But now he had a strong crew, and there were murmurs of irritation that they'd let him get a strong crew and more practice with his fruit before going after him. And Marco had to agree that it was a bad move to not nip it in the bud like it should have been. But he didn't outwardly agree with the murmurs, not wanting to cause dissent or anger at Pops for a choice many thought wrong. It was their opinions.

Based on what island was destroyed, and the neighboring islands to that, it was irritating to have the New World log pose. It would be easier to track him if there were set destinations he had to go to. But he could be anywhere, even if doing this was a blatant challenge to the yonko crew. Come and get me, it said.

So, they set their course for their devastated island. Then they'd go from there. Marco was on the call when the commanders and captain all called their islands to warn them. Make sure, if they see the man they described Teach as, to call right away and then hide. It was scaring the shit out of their islands, but scared and prepared was better than oblivious and dead. They couldn't really do anything against Teach, though. Ordinary citizens were helpless.

When the calls were done, Ace was waiting outside the door. Marco asked what was wrong, and the faupta looked a bit embarrassed. "Ace... want hug," he said in a shy voice. Marco smiled warmly and picked him up to hug him. The little one wrapped his arms around Marco, his first friend on the ship. "Ace protect, right?"

"Right, we won't let anybody hurt you," Marco said firmly. Ace seemed happy about this, and was put down to go run around. The first mate's expression hardened and he grew furious. Not a raging furious, but a cold one. That Teach damaged the crew in multiple ways and ultimately got away with it.

Pops came out of the information room looking a bit ashamed and regretful. "I have made a mistake."

Marco simply said, "It was right in the short term, wrong in the long term. But we can't change that, all we can do is to put that dog down now. And he doesn't know about you. How he stands no chance."

Whitebeard contested that, saying they shouldn't be too comfortable, even though he clearly knew there was a small chance that Teach could ever compare to him. But with this, with him challenging his former crew, it was inciting violence and confrontation that Teach might feel he had the upper hand in.

While that devil fruit was trouble, that alone couldn't cripple the captain. Marco walked outside and took in a deep breath of the fresh air. He looked to the side and saw Thatch at the railing, his elbows bent and resting on the wood. Marco walked over and stood next to him, leaning forward as well.

He waited for his brother to speak. It took a few long, silent minutes before he said anything. "I want to be stronger," Thatch confessed. Marco looked over at him, surprised. He was plenty strong. Thatch looked at his hands. Against that devil fruit, that was supposed to be his, he knew his swords wouldn't do enough. "I want to be able to actually defend myself. I don't want to let Ace or anyone to ever get so scared again.

"I don't want anybody to worry about me," Thatch said firmly, clenching his fists and then sighing. He looked up at the orange sky, as the sun was now setting. Marco quietly pointed out that his haki was better than Teach's. "He only got that devil fruit because I wasn't strong enough to keep it. I should have eaten it immediately. Then he wouldn't have gotten it. Wouldn't have killed so many innocent people..."

Marco hadn't thought of Thatch's feelings in this way. He felt responsible for everything bad that had happened regarding the traitor. Marco looked out at the orange sea reflecting the sky, and said, "Then spit in his face by being alive. The commanders will be the ones taking care of him. He's too strong for anybody else to take on." Thatch nodded.

They could both feel Ace run below them, sprinting down the hall only to come back. "I wonder how Ace and Stefan would have gotten along?" Thatch asked with a light smile. "I wonder if they could have spoken together." Marco said they'd never know. "Then Stefan could have told us his kidneys were failing."

"God, way to make it morbid," Marco scoffed. "Besides, Stefan couldn't be able to tell that was what was happening. And... we know how old age works, Thatch." The chef grinned and pointed out that Ace didn't. "True. He's made two blessings." Thatch smiled and nodded. Neither sensed Ace run back again.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

141K 4.9K 50
Whitebeard Pirates x Child! Reader You're running from the events of your past, trying to get as far away from it as possible but life seems to love...
1.4K 10 34
When a big city girl moves to a small town full of racers, who knows what kind of trouble she could get into. This is a racing AU, and it's almost no...
128K 5.8K 41
𝐇𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐝; 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲, 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐫𝐞𝐝; 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚...
545 23 6
Ace has officially joined them, The Whitebeards, and he is a perfect addition and has been for months, and is now up to be a commander. But now, ever...