The Crowning | Skephalo

By DaddyHisokasTongue

!!!COMPLETE!!! Prince Zak is bound to be king over the land of Lozenge, including the town of Badlands. Durin... More

.Intro.
1. Badlands
2. Royal Family
3. Dance
4. Visit
5. Dinner
6. Blacksmith
7. Special Town
8. Tea
9. Ring
10. Secret Kiss
11. Terrace
13. Fate
14. Together, Forever

12. Surprise

457 24 42
By DaddyHisokasTongue

Darryl POV:

I wake in the morning like any other day. It's been 2 days since I have seen Zak. With the wedding soon, everyone around town wants to see me, has a gift, or my mother has me run errands. It's been so hectic. I feel my heart and brain are going to explode at once. 

I go to the kitchen saying, "Good morning." 

My mother and Lucy, who are preparing breakfast, reply, "Good morning." I help them prepare before we sit down to eat. 

My mother says, "Darryl, in a week or so you'll be married to the princess!" 

I nod, "Yes. You have been saying that for the past while." 

She looks over to Lucy, "And you will be marrying the soon to be king!" 

Lucy squeals, "I cannot wait!" 

My mother asks, "Darryl, why aren't you as excited as Lucy?" 

I take a forkful of eggs, "Must be my masculine biology." 

She makes a confused face, "Speaking nonsense. What if Princess Samira were to show up and she sees you this upset? That would upset her as well!" 

I laugh, "See, I can smile and laugh. I'm not glum. And, what would Samira be doing in our town mother? She would not want to be here with us. If not, I would have wanted to live here with her. But she is no less than the castle." 

My mother replies, "Almost sounds as if you're speaking ill of her Darryl. You better have your mouth sewn to speak of her as such." 

I say, "It is not a bad thing. I was just mentioning, living here is what I want. It's not what I will have though." 

Lucy says, "I'm alright with moving to the castle. It'll take adjusting, but I'm sure we will feel welcome!" 

My mother adds, "You better. If they do not treat you correctly there, ride back here and take me with you so I can give them a proper beating."

I laugh, "No need for that mother." 

She shrugs, "If needed, I will do so. No hesitation." 

We finished breakfast and I went to change my clothes before leaving home. I get a handful of coins to put in my pocket before heading out. I say, "Mother, Lucy, I'm going out!" 

They reply, "Ok, be careful Darryl." 

I open the door then bump into a figure in front of me. I step back and open my eyes to see..."Prince Zak?!" 

And behind him is none other than..."Princess Samira?!" Zak and I gaze at each other. I want nothing more than to just pull him as close to me as possible and feel that heat between us again. 

Zak smiles, "Hello Darryl." 

Samira shoves him aside and hugs me, nearly choking my neck, "Hi Darryl!" 

My mother and Lucy rush behind me with Cara saying, "Oh! Prince and Princess, to what do we owe the honor of your visit?" 

Zak replies, "Ah, well Samira and I came to personally deliver an invitation to the castle tomorrow. And we came personally because Samira had suggested we tour the Badlands." 

My mother says, "Oh why yes! Lucy has to change, but right after you all may leave and see around. Come in, come in." We all go inside and Lucy goes into a room to change as the rest of us sit at the table. 

I ask, "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get here?" 

Zak replies, "By carriage. We left it not that far from here with our coachman." 

I nod, "Ah okay." 

Samira says, "Darryl you are already heading out. Do you have plans today?" 

I shrug, "Just errands but they can be put off anytime." 

Zak says, "We are sorry to interrupt your day. I figured you'd have been busy and we could have just met tomorrow." 

I wave my hands around, "No, no, it's alright. Good idea Samira had so you two could tour the town. After all, it's where Lucy and I have grown and live." 

Lucy comes out of her room with a light gown on, a nice flower petal design. Samira says, "I like your dress Lucy." 

Lucy bows, "Thank you Princess Samira. It's not much, but something I had found earlier." We say goodbye to my mother and leave my home to explore. 

We walk with Samira on one end, then I, Zak, and Lucy next to him. Samira laces herself into my arm and rests her head on my shoulder. I tense up, and Zak is very aware. He stares at me with a helpless look, that I cannot do anything to combat. 

I ask, "What would you care to see first?" 

She sighs, "Anything you'd wish to show me." 

 I awkwardly laugh, "That would be everything." 

She replies, "Pastor Preston lives here does he not? May we visit him?" I look over and see Zak has a pleading gape. 

I say, "He is probably busy. Perhaps another day." 

Zak lets out a sigh, "Maybe we visit the pub?" 

Samira asks, "You know of their pub?" Zak and I stare at each other wrecked in nerves. 

He says, " Well it is my duty to tour Lozenge and the towns within." 

Samira frowns, "So you've seen the entire town already?" 

Zak shakes his head, "Not all of Badlands." 

On our walk, we run into Mr. Blade. He smiles at Lucy and I, "Saint family! Along with the Ahmed family! Prince, princess, it is a pleasure!" 

He bows and Zak replies, "No need for formalities. It's a pleasure for us to be here in Badlands." 

Mr. Blade laughs, "This place compared to any palace is comparing cow manure to a horse's mane." Lucy and I laugh, Zak and Samira fall short on the funny comment however. 

Zak asks, "You are Dave Blade's father correct?" 

Mr. Blade nods, "My son is your personal guard I've heard, Prince Ahmed. I hope he is doing a good job. I'm sure of it." 

Zak nods, "Dave is exceptional." 

Mr. Blade shrugs, "I wouldn't know too much however since he hasn't come home in a while." 

Zak says, "I'm very sorry about that. With my wedding and coronation soon Dave has been extremely busy as well. I promise to send him home for a week once it is all over." 

Mr. Blade's eyes widened, "A whole week with my son? Haven't had such time in so long." 

Zak smiles, "I'm sure you've missed him as he has missed you. He mentions you at times, great man I've heard." 

Mr. Blade replies, "Here in Badlands we do our best. Darryl's father was the best man ever to have risen from this town. And Darryl is no less than his father. Along with educating other children to become great like him."

Zak gazes at me and smiles, "Darryl is a good man, he is." 

I say, "Well Mr. Blade, I'm sure you have plans for the day. So the prince and princess are going to be touring around today." 

Mr. Blade smiles and waves as he begins to walk away. He says, "See you around!" We all wave back to him. 

We continue walking and stumble upon the garden of daisies beside the road. Zak says, "Ah these daisies look beautiful." Samira gets off my shoulder and arm to take a closer look at the flowers. 

She says, "Flowers are only good for their properties. The forms as such are simply plain. No use for a flower to have been alive then wilted on the side of pavement like this." She steps on the flowers, crushing them, as the rest of us watch in silent shock. 

She says, "Flowers have life, might as well put them to rest if they are not to be used." 

Zak says, "Samira, that was rude. Apologize now." 

Samira furrows her brows, "What am I to do? Grow the flowers back? That's impossible. Let's keep walking." 

She weaves herself back into my arm and drags me along to walk. Such an ill-mannered person that I'm stuck with. But if I react to anything in a way she does not like, I'll be sent to the dungeon with poor Wilbur Soot. 

We walk to the pub to have some refreshments before we spend the rest of the day traveling around.

Word Count: 1414

A/N: Drink some water and eat a snack, so gm/gn! :D Hope you're enjoying this story so far! If so, feel free to leave a vote/comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526K 27.8K 50
The zombie apocalypse has been going on for over a year now, with new and improved monsters showing up at every turn. Zak is a 19-year-old survivor...
262K 9.3K 90
[REQUESTS CLOSED] [Art by me] Just some oneshots of these two, if you don't like the ship please don't send hate, you don't have to read it NOTE: I h...
40K 1.4K 55
-started- 14/08/22 -finished- 28/01/23 Zak is a highschool dropout, mostly known worldwide for being a drummer in the band Inside Sweater. Darryl is...
313K 15.6K 21
Zak has always wondered about when he would be able to see the color of the sky, or the grass or even his mother's eyes. All his life, he's lived sur...