Nova Principia (A Roarke Stor...

By Your_Queen_99

Chancellor Pike and his second, Bellamy Blake, order an unprovoked attack on a Trikru army sent to protect Sk... More

Chapter Two: She Said Yes
Chapter Three: Wrath Of The King
Chapter Four: Damage Control
Chapter Five: New Day
Chapter Six: Phoenix Rising

Chapter One: The Summit

94 0 0
By Your_Queen_99

~~~

Chancellor Pike and his second, Bellamy Blake, order an unprovoked attack on a Trikru army sent to protect Skaikru, resulting in the death of hundreds of Trikru warriors. After General Indra kom Trikru, receives word of the massacre, a summit is called to discuss what happened and prevent further bloodshed.

Three Days After The Massacre At Arcadia

10:30AM

Neutrum Terram

Chancellor Pike kom Skaikru, Ambassador Kane kom Skaikru, General Indra kom Trikru, Commander Lexa kom Trikru, Wanheda Clarke Griffin kom Skaikru, Haihefa Roan kom Azgeda and Spymaster Echo kom Azgeda meet in a small pavilion in the ruins of an old castle for talks to decide what will become of Skaikru. The small committee of seven people move quietly to sit at beautifully carved, round, wooden table. Tension and suppressed aggression passes between the representatives of the three clans. The commander looks around the room coldly, making eye contact with every single person in the room.

"What you've done is disgusting. You have no honor. As the thirteenth clan of my coalition, it is within my rights as commander to banish you and kill every single member of Skaikru."

Lexa kom Trikru stares down Skaikru's elected leader with death in her dark gaze. She slowly pulls out her favorite curved dagger, twirling it with practiced ease.

"But the great Wanheda has championed on your behalf for this summit. The mountain slayer who commands death itself begged me for this summit, to hear you out, for mercy. Because despite her hatred for this vile act, she still loves you and desires to give you a chance to live."

The fierce commander slowly stops twirling her dagger and sheaths the deadly weapon. The sound echoing around the silent room.

"For her sake alone I will spare your clan. Your people will not die on this day. However, you are banished from the coalition. Your clan is splita, outcast, unrecognizable to the twelve clans. Your wars, your deaths are no longer the concern of the coalition."

After Lexa's proclamation, the room erupts into chaos. General Indra growling for justice, Echo drawing her sword in rage, the Skaikru ambassador attempts to calm everyone down in a soothing voice, the ice nation king watches the chaos with a calculated gleam in his intelligent blue eyes, Wanheda sighs in relief that her people won't die while simultaneously bearing the shame of Skaikru's dishonorable actions and the Skaikru chancellor smirks maliciously with the satisfaction of a man with a plan.

"Enough! Am I not the commander? Is my word not law? The decision is already made. Silence your disobedient tongues before I remove them from your mouths!"

And just like that, the room is silent once again. Only grumbled apologies and respectful nods breaking the quiet. The silence seems to stretch on for hours before Chancellor Pike decides to speak for the first time that morning.

"Lexa, I do apologize for the loss my people have caused you, but if you'll forgive me for speaking plainly, it was unavoidable. All my people know is pain and suffering from your... Clans. Even Clarke, who embraced your ways with open arms, has suffered greatly. Had she not inherited her Father's compassionate and forgiving nature... Well, I'm afraid you'd learn just how fierce Skaikru can be. We felt ambushed and threatened. Surely you can understand that people react badly under the influence of fear."

The commander narrowed her eyes at the honeyed words dripping with disdain and self-righteous arrogance. Clarke flinches almost imperceptibly when Pike mentions her father, despite it being a year and six months since her mother had him floated. Roan is the only one that notices the way she flinches and how she pointedly stares at the wall when her eyes start to water. The king's keen eyes miss nothing. Being the first born of an Azgedan queen was no easy life. Queen Nia was especially cruel to her eldest son and reminded him daily that he was a weak disappointment that would never amount to anything. Because of his cruel upbringing, Roan trained harder than anyone, learned strategy and listened to everyone as if it was a matter of life or death.

"How far would you go to protect your people?"

The slip of a girl who eradicated the mountain and earned the affection of the cold-hearted commander with golden curls and soulful eyes lifts her head to meet the king's striking blue gaze from across the room.

"I would do anything. There's not a line I wouldn't cross, no risk I wouldn't take."

The king watches her spine harden to steel, determination in the tilt of her jaw. The more he watches her the more he's impressed. This is a woman I could trust. Wanheda is worthy of the Azgedan crown. Roan leans closer before demanding an ancient kru rite that Azgeda never stopped practicing.

"Heda, Ai as klin wanheda gon drein au bond."

(Commander, I demand Wanheda for a blood bond.)

Lexa's head snaps to the direction of the ice nation king. The fierce warrior glares at him and shouts a scathing no in Trigedasleng. Indra stares at Roan in shock, wondering why an Azgedan would want to invoke an ancient rite and share power with an outsider. Echo hisses in horror and disbelief, begging her king to cease this madness, however, with one look the Spymaster is easily silenced.

"Azgeda still practices kriken ways. Bind yumi raun drein au en Skaikru na na ona Ai protection, Ai responsibility."

(Azgeda still practices the old ways. Bind us together in blood and Skaikru will be under my protection, my responsibility.)

Lexa continues to deny Roan's request sharply, wearing on the king's patience until he stands up abruptly, placing both hands on the table and staring challengingly into her eyes while Skaikru watches the display of dominance curiously.

"Em ste Ai ait! Yu hofli na Heda, ba Ai laik haihefa!"

(It is my right! You my be Heda, but I am King!)

The king bellows angrily from his towering height above the commander before Lexa sighs, posture relaxing. Finally relenting to the force of nature that is Roan kom Azgeda.

"Ku. As op em. Ba she nou na biyo sha gon Yu haiplana. Ai get in em."

(Fine. Ask her then. But she will not say yes to you king. I know her.)

Roan smirks before turning to Clarke, knowing his future houmon won't disappoint him the way Lexa hopes.

"Klark, hainofi kom Skaikru, do you know what a blood bond rite is?"

(Clarke, princess of Skaikru)

Clarke shakes her head in denial before she waits patiently for Roan to explain it to her.

"A blood bond rite is a very old tradition still practiced by my people on special occasions. Blood oaths are sacred in my culture, but they are not eternal. Only one blood oath is eternal, a blood bond. This is called feva gedanes. It is literally translated to forever unity. It's like what you call marriage."

The curvy blonde across from me freezes in place before I can almost see her turning it over in her mind. She warltches me closely before exhaling slowly.

"Ar-are you proposing?"

I nod in agreement before I start explaining what will be expected of her.

"Sha. Dula op Yu accept Ai meika Klark, hainofi kom Skai?"

(Yes. Do you accept my hand Clarke, princess of the sky.)

I respond in Trigedasleng, impressed by her fluency. It will make her becoming Ai haiplana easier. My people will respect a strong queen that tries even if she doesn't succeed at everything.

"Ai gaf gou. Na Ai fig raun hashta em? What would a blood bond entail?"

(I need time. Can I have time to decide?)

The king nods graciously. Before getting out of his seat, rounding to the other side of the table, dropping to one knee and taking Clarke's hand to place a gentle kiss on her wrist according to Azgedan tradition.

"Kom course. Yu Yu don Thri deyons. You wear ceremonial robes at the bonding ceremony. You will be my haiplana. You will be loyal to me before anyone else and I will protect your people. You will bare Ai goufa. You will be my life mate."

(Of course. You have three days. You will bare my child.)

Roan holds my gaze intensely while he explains his expectations. I watch him as he places a polished white stone with the Azgeda symbol for wife in my hand.

"Yu Yu don Thri days gon accept Ai proposal. Taim Yu dula op nou accept Ai meika, Skaikru na once again na gon war kom clans. Ai na nou protect Yu taim Yu dula op nou let Ai, Wanheda. Ai laik nou Branwoda. Yu na nou ban au emo even taim em na na bilaik death."

(You have three days to accept my proposal. If you do not accept my hand, Skaikru will once again be at war with the clans. I can not protect you if you do not let me, Wanheda. I am no fool. You will not abandon them even if it will be your death.)

He warns, hating the idea of such potential being wasted out of misguided loyalty to an ungrateful people. Roan stands when Wanheda does, showing respect to the woman he hopes to make his queen and ally. The blonde Heda quickly leaves the room, mind turning with the strange turn of events. The chancellor and Skaikru Ambassador stare after the girl in confusion at her abrupt exit from this important meeting. The commander gathers attention to herself once again.

"We will meet again in three days. Try not to kill anyone else until then."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 11K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...
452K 30.8K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
252K 7.4K 87
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
600K 18.2K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...