(1) The Phoenix (D. Salvatore)

By Lone-wolf-fanfics

When Daphne returns home to Mystic Falls after her final year at Hogwarts, finding it infested with vampires... More

Daphne Gilbert
Other Information (Powers, Abilities, etc)
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eight-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninty-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred and One
Chapter One Hundred and Two
Chapter One Hundred and Three
Chapter One Hundred and Four
Chapter One Hundred and Five
Chapter One Hundred and Six
Chapter One Hundred and Seven
Chapter One Hundred and Eight
Chapter One Hundred and Nine
Chapter One Hundred and Ten
Chapter One Hundred and Eleven
Chapter One Hundred and Twelve
Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen
Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen
One Hundred and Fifteen
Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen
Chapter One Hundred and Seventeen
Chapter One Hundred and Eighteen
Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty One
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Two
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Three
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Four
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Five
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Six
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Seven
Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Eight
Epilogue
Book Two Changes
**Spoilers**

Chapter Seventy

10.6K 415 17
By Lone-wolf-fanfics

Daphne pours out a mug of coffee as the morning sun streams through the window. She feels better about a few things. With Stefan sort of fixed, he's still going to take time to get better, if he ever does get to 100% old Stefan. They only have to deal with whatever came out of that coffin. And what it means for them. As for Daphne's issues regarding her issues, she is trying to work through them as per the advice given to her by Harry and Hermione, and the advice she herself gave Stefan. She has to start letting people in. To educate them on who she really is. What she is. She owes Elena and Jeremy that much. And Damon. She's put enough of this on him. He was right about her talking to someone, and she will. She moves to join Elena, Stefan, and Damon at the breakfast island.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin" Elena explains as Daphne slots in against her side, setting the mug down. Elena wanted to talk to them all, apparently, she had spent the evening before talking with Elijah about what came out of the coffin. Which put her in harm's way. One of them should have been there with her. To keep her safe. These Originals are literally the original monsters.

"As in the Original Witch?" Daphne asks, Elena nods.

"What?" Damon argues. Confused here, considering the story that they translated from the wall in the cavern. "How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago"

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witching community"

"Is that possible?" Stefan asks Daphne who shrugs back.

"It shouldn't be" She answers. "There have been occasions of people cheating death. Extended lifespans through magic, through mutilation of souls....but after already being dead, yeah, no, I don't know of anything that could do that"

"Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus" Elena offers.

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus" Stefan argues.

"Well, not anymore...at least not according to Elijah" Elena defends. Daphne pulls a face and glances at Damon who gives her a look back. Both of them clearly think the same thing here. That they can't trust Elijah with this.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds" Stefan voices.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asks.

"Yeah" Daphne whispers and sighs. "This can't be good"

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us" Elena argues with them. Trying to make the best of the situation that they are all now in. The doorbell rings and Elena leans away from the counter. "I believe him" Elena leaves the room to answer the door.

"Yeah, well she's the only one" Daphne mumbles.

"What's this?" Stefan asks as he picks up the book from the counter. The phoenix inscribed book.

"A book" Daphne points out and takes it from him. Stefan gives her a look. "I don't know, it was dropped off by a friend, it's not in any language I recognise"

"And you didn't find that strange?" Damon asks her.

"No" She argues. "They usually give me books and stuff"

"Oh, so this is one of your....witchy friends?" He counters, she hums and nods, tracing over the figure on the cover, her eyes move to Elena as she walks back into the kitchen. She has two envelopes in her hands. "What is it?" Daphne asks, Elena holds out the envelope with her name one. Daphne frowns and sets her book down again before taking the envelope from her. She opens it up and removes a card. "An invitation" She offers. "Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration."

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asks.

"The Original Family" Daphne answers.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a house-warming gift?" Damon complains. Elena turns her card over and sees there's writing on the back.

"Wait, there's a note on the back of mine. 'Elena, I think it's time that we finally meet, Esther.'" She reads and then shares a look with Daphne.

"Wow...ominous" She comments.

"If Esther wants to talk to me, maybe I should find out why" Elena adds.

"Well that's a dumb idea, she already tried to kill you once" Damon argues.

"No, Elena is right. Bonnie was led to open that coffin for a reason. I think there is more to this than just some family reunion.

"Ah...I think he's right about the why" Daphne agrees. "But I don't like the idea of you going in there alone"

"I won't be alone" Elena argues and then taps Daphne's invitation. "You'll be with me..." Elena looks at her sister softly.

"Of course I will be" Daphne assures her and then lets out a breath. "Dress shopping?" Elena gives her a look.

"You remember the last time we went dress shopping?" Elena asks her.

"We were ten and mom picked out our dresses" Daphne reminds her. "They were bubblegum pink" Elena chuckles and nods.

"They were hideous" She agrees. "Something a little more elegant this time?" Elena asks, Daphne smirks.

"Well, I already have a dress" Daphne defends, Elena raises an eyebrow. "Graduation ball at school...I'll just use that dress....it's pretty so"

"Are you sure you don't want to just get a new one?" Elena argues.

"In the space of a few hours?" Daphne counters. "Yeah, I'm fine, let's just get you one sorted..." She lets out a breath. "We're going to be lucky you're so easy to buy for" Elena gives her a look. "In the good way" Daphne assures her. Shopping with Elena is always quick and easy. She usually knows what she's looking for and it is easier to narrow it down. Even when they were kids.

........

Damon follows Daphne into her bedroom. He wants to talk through this ball thing. He thinks it might be a better idea for the girls to stay away from the Originals. Just for their own safety. Especially as they have no idea what they are dealing with when it comes to Esther. They don't know what she is. If she is a witch, like way back when. Or another original like her children. Whichever she is, she might just prove to be dangerous. Damon knows he won't be able to talk Daphne into staying out of it and as much as he wants to keep her safe, he knows she's powerful enough to take care of herself. But Elena. She is human. Breakable.

"Are you sure about letting her go tonight?" Damon asks, Daphne sets her book down on her bed and shrugs.

"No" She answers as she looks over the invitation. "Not sure about it at all but it's Elena" She adds and sighs. "If we tell her no, then she'll go off on her own, least this way we can keep her close and keep eye on her"

"We?" He asks. "That invitation is for you"

"You could be my date" She offers, Damon looks at her surprised. But there is something new in her eyes. Like something inside of her has changed. He doesn't want to get his hopes up. Just in case. But he's starting to feel like she's coming around to the idea of them together.

"Yeah?" He asks her, she hums and nods.

"If...that's..." He touches her arm, pulls her closer to him. "I mean we'll probably be safer, right?" She whispers, he hums and nods.

"And you're okay with...me being your date?" He asks, she takes a breath.

"Yes," She answers. "I'm very okay with it" He smirks and pulls her closer to him. His hand slides around her back to hold her close. He's going slow enough to let her know that she is allowed to back out. He knows she's been worried about things between them. She reaches up and curls her fingers into his shirt, lifting herself up slightly to close the distance between them. The door swings open as Elena enters the room. Daphne bites her lip and looks down. Damon sighs and turns a look on Elena.

"I'm sorry" Elena offers. "I...urm...." Elena and Daphne share a look, Elena gives an apologetic smile.

"It's fine" Damon counters. "I have to go dig my tux out anyway" Damon kisses Daphne's cheek. "See you later" He winks at Elena as he passes her, leaving the two sisters alone. Elena moves closer to Daphne.

"Oh, my god, Daph, I am so sorry, I didn't know you two were...."

"No, it's okay, Elena.." Daphne stops her as she sits on the edge of her bed. "Let me just change my boots and we can go"

"Okay, come on" Elena teases. "Were you two about to....?"

"Maybe" Daphne answers and shrugs. She knows they were definitely about to kiss. But she can't blame Elena for walking around her own house. It's ridiculous. She and Damon will have other chances. Hopefully. She is feeling better about the concept of them together. Hermione was right about Damon being a bit more defensible, he's a vampire. He's fast and strong. She shouldn't be worrying about him too much. He's already been through so much and came out the other side of it all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.6K 2.2K 23
Arielle and Stefan bond in an attempt to murder Klaus , but what happens when she falls for him? Her doppelgängers show up and explains to her where...
212K 10.4K 74
Aella's existence in Mystic Falls had changed many things for the better. But with Katherine Pierce now in town, and the Originals on their way, how...
97.2K 1.5K 48
#2 in mysticfalls April 19 2021 #3 in kaiparker April 10 2021 #3 in tribrid September 2 2021 #11 in vampire May 25 2021 #11 in familyproblems October...
46.2K 1.2K 53
ᴍᴀʟɪᴋ ʙᴇɴɴᴇᴛᴛ Awakened his magic as a child, moved away from Mystic Falls after an accident only to be recognised as one of the anomalies appearing i...