The Own Goal ✔️

By CarriedAwayCrazy

A typical story of boy meets girl, a holiday romance. Nothing more than two twenty something's enjoying a lav... More

Prologue
Part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
Part 11
Part 12
part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
~ The Own Goal ~ continued ~
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110 - Surprise!
Part 111
Part 112 - Going home
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
part 116
Part 117
part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Cast

Part 41

3.3K 51 9
By CarriedAwayCrazy

Monday

"Not kicking you out or anything, but you going to try to get the keys for the house today?" Jasmin asks, I arrived at her house with Mia late Saturday night, exhausted from traveling from London to Birmingham by train, then driving to Manchester.
I was also understandably an emotional wreck.

But she didn't judge, she didn't moan that I hadn't called her, she just let us in, sorted somewhere for Mia to sleep and called Sian who arrived Sunday morning baring wine and chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

"I can't, the key is still in the site office and it's all in Jacks name"

"Surely your name is somewhere?" Pipes up Sian, it was bought with the intention of you living there"

"No, it's all in Jacks name, all the bills everything. Honestly he was just going to have the bills come out of his account, he had intended to send me money monthly for Mia but Well I never left did I and he just gave me a credit card"

The girls look at each other. The look they exchange is one of mortified despair.

"What?" I ask, genuinely confused, and it dawns on me that this is how Jack must feel most of the time. "What? It's because I do the shopping and stuff and obviously buy for Mia, and I don't actually have an income at the moment.......I think it's just paid by his accountant every month"

"Chelsea, you do have money though don't you? Like actual money?" Jasmin enquires.

"No, my account is literally empty and what little savings I had I spent when I was proving a point that I could pay for the cot and things myself"

"What if he blocks the card Chels?" Asks Sian.

"He wouldn't do that!"

"What if you need cash, can you withdraw on that card?" Sian presses.

"Well I don't know, I've never tried?"

"Once I'm in the house I thought I could work from home, contact some of my old regulars, the utility room is massive I thought I could set up a home salon"

"Babe, he's literally left you with nothing.....he's pulled and he's reeled you in and you've become proper dependent on him" Jasmin says gently.

"No, it's not like that!" Is it.....

"A normal person would have given you money, actual money, then you could have had access to cash, anything left over. Chelsea, withholding money from a partner is a form of abuse" Sian is holding Mia as she's talking. This is madness........isn't it?

"I wish you'd been honest with us Chelsea!" Jasmin sounds annoyed. "He's fucking played you Chelsea! The man's a fucking walking red flag!"

"Nooooo, honest I think you've got him wrong! He's a fucker for fucking around, but the money thing? Honestly he's not that deep to think like that. He uses a credit card himself for everything.......it all goes to his accountant. Like he has a day to day bank account but there's not much money in it, his accountant deals with his actual wages and where his money goes....."

"Oh Chelsea! No one has that little idea about there own money babe!" Sian sounds like she's losing patience with me, but I still don't see it.

Jasmin suddenly stifles a strange sound and shows me her phone "I'm sorry babe, but he's fine, he knew what he was doing!"

She's still following some of the private accounts of the lads from the holiday on Instagram.
She shows me photo after photo of Jack out celebrating.

Jack drinking.

Jack with friends.

Jack with girls.

Jack dancing with girls.

Jack getting cosy with girls.

A video of him with his arm around some girl, drunkenly singing villa chants.

Quite the contrast to the crying emotional mess I last saw.

I look at the accounts she's following.

" I don't even follow Jack's private account, he doesn't follow me" I admit.

Sian actually slaps her hand to her head in despair.

***

Wednesday

I've tried to call Jack, but he never answers.

I've sent texts asking him to call me.
I've sent texts saying I need to speak to him about Mia, but still no reply.

Reluctantly I call Karen.

She answers on the fourth ring. Her voice is tense.

"Hello Chelsea"

"Karen, I'm trying to get hold of Jack"

"Are you now" she's not happy.

"Well yes, I need to know how to get the keys for house here, and also to talk about Mia and how we are going to do things"

"Have you tried calling him?"

"Of course!"

"Well you're the same as the rest of us. Chelsea none of us have spoken to him since Sunday. He went out with the boys, they came back and returned home, Jack didn't"

"What he's still not come home?"

"No! Kevan had been keeping an eye on him through social media, but it appears now that he's with people Kevan and their friends don't know so we've no idea where he is Chelsea! I asked you to wait until you got home. I warned you he'd break!"

For the first time I'm angry at her.

"Maybe you should have taught him to keep his dick under control and to treat women better!" I hiss at her.

"How dare you! He's my son, of course I'm going to be worried about his wellbeing, but don't you blame his actions on me!"

"His wellbeing?? Someone should have taught him that a blow job does count as cheating!" I slam the phone down on her. I'm shaking with anger.

This is not how things were supposed to go.

***

Friday

Jack still isn't getting back to me. Kiera has let me know that none of them, or his non football friends have heard anything.

I've spoken to Chloe and she has no idea either, Jack isn't even answering his phone to Sam.

I've contacted Ginny through Instagram and he hasn't heard from Jack since Tuesday.

I know people close to him are starting to panic.

Although he pops up on Instagram occasionally, always drunk.

Always smiling.
Always with some girl nearby.

To cheer me up Sian, who took the whole week off decides to take me and Mia shopping and for lunch.

It does help. Although, the only person who benefits from the trip really is Mia, who gets spoiled, as always.

We get home to jasmins to find a red eyed Layla on the sofa.

She's split up with Ben, again. Only this time apparently it's for good.

She's in a state and not making much sense. It appears though that while she went out on her own bender to feel better, she bumped into Jack and after drinking their woes together she had at some point called Ben.

Ben had picked Jack up and was getting him back to Karen.

"Oh thank fuck" I sigh

"Yeah lucky Jack" Layla mutters

"Huh?"

"Well Ben sorted him out, took one look at me and told me to fuck off! It's really over"

"I'm sorry Layla, really I am, but I'm just glad I'm not going to wake up tomorrow to the news that my daughter's dad has been found dead in a ditch!"

She stares at me. I can't read her expression. "He's not that bad you know, I think he does really love you"

"You've changed your tune!"

She shrugs and looks away. I'm sure I hear her mumble 'sorry' quietly as she walks into the kitchen.
I haven't got time for laylas dramas at the moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 1.1K 30
Y/n, a simple 19 year old girl who goes to college, like normal people do. Her father is a very well known coach, he actively trains the Portuguese c...
66.5K 2K 40
𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗔 ---- ❝ 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 ❞ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 maeve tries her hardes...
572 1 10
When things get rocky for the parents of a beautiful baby girl they decide to split, will the split last or will the childhood lovers find there way...
453 8 8
When phil fodens younger sister returns from an exchange year in Los Angeles to surprise her brother before his team win the premier league will she...