The Songs of Strife

By ReddHumann

Now on the Wattpad Recommended List- Cozy up & Connect and AmbassadorPh's Mythical Reads A man's name is impo... More

1 CHANGES
2 ARRIVAL
3 TRESPASSERS
4 SURPRISE
-INTERLUDE: DEPARTURE
5 CRIES
6 STRANGERS
7 DAUNTLESS
-INTERLUDE: REMINISCE
8 HAUNTED
9 PRAYER
10 FERAL
11 CLAIM
12 OFFERINGS
-INTERLUDE: BAPTISM
13 ALLIES
14 AIMLESS
15 ARMAMENTS
16 TRIBES
17 EMISSARY
-INTERLUDE: MALAYA
18 PURLOINED
19 ANNIHILATION
20 MERCY
21 DEVILS
22 MISSIVE
23 NIGHTMARES
-INTERLUDE: AFTERTHOUGHT
24 TREACHERY
25 SHIELD
26 BAGANI
-INTERLUDE: SEEDS OF WAR
27 BRAVERY
28 MOTHS
29 BLOOD
30 SANDS
31 WOLVES
32 WANTING
33 BLADE
34 DETOURS
35 NARROWS
36 END
37 CELEBRATION
38 PYRES
-INTERLUDE: PARADISE
39 HELL
Dramatis Personae
ABOUT THE SONGS OF STRIFE
TEASER CHAPTER: THE TALES OF TIKUM KADLUM

0 NAMES ARE IMPORTANT

1.9K 53 53
By ReddHumann

***A Prologue of Sorts***

"Names are important, they always are... He has many names, more than I could count. The Aginid chronicles called him Dimantag, which means unbeatable, unconquerable, and unquenchable all at the same time. His people called him Salip, which roughly translates to "His Highness" in Malay. The Tausug and Samal-Badjao called him Orang-Laut or "man of the sea", for he was the very best sailor they have come upon. While the Bornean Caliphate called him Maas Ilidji, for they see old wisdom in his eyes.

Other chieftains called him Kalipulako, and from what I gather it was because of the linen headwrap he wore during every battle. They say it is red because he soaks it in the blood of those who fell short to his kampilan blade. His enemies called him a savage, a fool, a pirate, and an insatiable warlord.

Maybe he earned it all, but this I know for sure: To his chiefdom, he was a good leader. To his late wife, he was a good husband. To his only daughter and his many sons, he was a great father. And for me, well, he was simply a good friend.

Yes, he's been called many other things, far too many to enumerate and maybe all of them are true. But a changed man? Now, that one is still up for debate."

By
LAM-AG SAGPANG BAHA, THE WAYLANDER FROM THE HIGHLANDS

***

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT goes to ChantalCruz30 . You have been a great critique reader and I appreciate it. I also want to give a shout out to everyone who bothered to read this mess. I could only give you my sincerest thank you.

I would like to dedicate this to angplumanimhikan . I keep my promises. And to everyone else, don't forget to comment and sound off your opinions... See you on the other side. Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
25.2M 761K 76
"You are mine!" He roars. "I will do whatever it takes to make you know that. Whether it means I lock you up in a prison and throw away the key." Foo...
7.2M 416K 56
''You remind me of the ocean..'' ''Is it because I'm deep and mysterious?'' he asks. ''No, because you're salty and scare the shit out of people'' ©2...
226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...