When Love Dies (Previously ti...

By Imperfections18

Since i got such nice feedback on this "short" story its going to be a long story! :D On September 26, 2010... More

That Girl Walking (Previously titled Harm)
1
2
3

4

47 5 1
By Imperfections18

Hey YOU yes you, right there! New chapter up! So stop reading this BORING Author's Note, and READ please? Trust me it's good for you…. 

 On a side note I'd like to thank @SimplyStupid for making that Amazeballs cover. And that side pic down there ----------------> If you wanna check her out you can go to her forum and request a cover ;).   

Link-a-Dink:

 http://www.wattpad.com/forums/vanilla/discussion/428483/finite-graphics-asscheeks-mcfrenchbutt-do-not-request 

***************************************************************************************** 

-*Chapter 4*- 

I screamed, and  screamed until I realized no one could hear me. 

Seriously, I'm not a swearing type of person but--what the hell?! 

Imagine, yourself, lying on the kitchen floor--dead--in a pool of blood. With a upside down drawer sitting lopsidedly on your butt. Its contents spewed all around you. 

Impossible to think right? 

Wrong.  

I stumbled toward my body. Staring at it as if in a daze. My mouth hanged open as I stared down at my self. 

Okay, so you might think it's just your body, so what? No, no, tried to imagine yourself  sprawled on the ground in a bloodbath. Dead.

Talk about freaky.  

I kneeled down in front of myself, I was lying in a position that looked like I was fast asleep. But sadly, I wasn't. My right hand was outstretched toward the fridge as if I was reaching out for something.

I looked up at the counter looming in front of me. To see one of the chip bags, gone. 

Nick. 

Now, normally, I'd be feeling SUPER angry. Right now, maybe even vengeful. But that feeling was no where inside me. Not even a smither of it. 

It was despair. 

But I pushed that aside and looked back at myself. Why hadn't anyone found me? I mean, seriously, rotten corpses must have a stink right? But why in the world did Nick just leave me here? Hadn't he seen those crime shows? It's always best to hide the body then leave it at the scene, where the police would find it easily. 

As much as it hurt. I had to alert someone of my carcass. I stood up and concentrated. I imagined a big white bed,in a room where red curtains flapped in the afternoon breeze. An a middle aged lady with blonde hair lay, sleeping. 

There was a flash, my stomach dropped to the floor, and I was there. 

I looked at my mom in her slumber. She seem so peaceful, as if the world were her cloud, and her problems were the sky.  

This sky is about to have one, mean tornado. 

I gazed around the room, looking for something to startle her. My eyes fell upon the old alarm clock sitting on the night stand across the room. It was one of those vintage ones that have the  two "bells" atop of it, and has the loudest ring you'll ever hear. My parents never used it, they didn't believe in alarm clocks.  Just the ol' happy sun peeking through the curtains, driving you awake. The old thing has just been sitting there  for show, collecting dust. 

Until now.  

I closed my eyes and reached out toward the alarm clock, my fingers spread like an owl's wing, and concentrated. 

Think Sam Think.  

I heard a faint click  come from it. I opened my eyes to see it vibrating slightly. It hummed and shook violently and shifted toward the edge of the nightstand. For a moment I though it was going to fall. But it stopped at the very tip of the table. I willed  it to make a sound, to ring until even people in Europe ears bled.   

The little dial at the top quivered as  it got closer and closer to the bells. Closer….closer…..just a little more.. 

RRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

My mom bolted awake, clutching her ears. 

"Gahhhh!!!" She screamed and goggled around. She caught sight of the alarm clock. Trembling so viciously the numbers were a blur. She extended her hand out to it…..

KaBLAM!!!!!  

The clock exploded killing the sound with it. My ears rang as gears,dials, and pieces of glass shot everywhere in the room.When it cleared a charred spot lay where the clock had stood. Smoke rising from it.  

"What the hell!!!!"  my mom screamed, throwing the blankets off of her. "How on God's throne--" but she faltered. Her face froze suddenly as she inhaled deeply. Her face contorted and she clutched her nose. "Ugh!" she cried "What is that horrible stink? It smells like someone died"   

Oh too true.  

With one hand holding her nose, the other wrapping her robe around herself, she lumbered out of the room. 

"Mommy?" Kate spoke as she wandered from her room. clutching her doll. I stared at it. its blue tail and purple patterns weaving around it. Her violet hair and plastic smile.. 

Then it hit me. It was the same doll Kate showed me the day I died.  

" Hi dear" Mom said as she stroke Kate's hair.  "Did you or Sammy leave something out?" 

"No mommy" but then Kate grabbed her nose "ewwwwwww!!!!"  she cried. " Dat gwoss." 

"My thoughts exactly" Then mom steered Kate down the stairs. I followed closely behind. I peeked at Kate's expression. Just like any child, she looked like she was full of light, her eyes wide with curiosity, her skin soft as cotton.

It would be so sad to see all of that shattered.  

They stopped at the living room. My mom took in another whiff. 

"It's definitely coming from the kitchen" my mom announced. She stalked into the kitchen entry way. I apparated in there just in time, leaning on the stove.  

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" My mom screamed. She shut her eyes and she sobbed as she knelt down in front of me,shaking her head and frantically checking my pulse. But it was hopeless. 

"Mommy?!" Kate ran in. 

No, Kate, no! Go back to your room!   

Her little eyes spied my mom knelt in front of me, blocking Kate's view. She stepped closer and peered around her.  

Her eyes widened in circles, her jaw dropped and so did her doll into my blood pool.  

If I could've still cried, I would've right there.  

My mom snatched the phone that was relaxing next to the microwave out of the holder, and punched in three numbers. 

"MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN MURDERED!" My mom screeched into the phone before the person on the other line could even breathe.   

The next few moments was a blur. In a moment thousands of police were in front of my house. I watched officer after officer, paramedic after paramedic rush in and take me away. My dad showed up in time to see my body carted off, a blue plastic cover draped over it. His face was frozen, his mouth hanging open that I thought drool was gonna be leaking out of it soon. Neighbors, tramped out of their houses to see what the commotion was all about.   

But the worst part was that I was watching it all.  

I should be in heaven by now, frolicking with angels and my grandparents. But noooo, i have to stay here and finish my unfinished business  and watch the trauma  in my family's eyes. 

"We have to perform an autopsy" a fat officer with a mustache that looked like a squirrel taking a nap on his lip said to my parents. I walked closer to him and read his nametag, JOHN.    

My mom choked back a sob, but nodded. Pretty soon guys breezed past me into the kitchen wearing large blue jackets and matching pants, with toothpaste blue gloves, and big black shoes, I guessed that they were private investigators like the ones on CSI . They inspected the blood stains on the tile. Took samples on the borders of the silhouette of a person sprawled on the floor with white tape. They zipped them up in little baggies--they even took the Dorito's chip bag-- and test tubes and walked out the door.   

"It's strange," said a lady who stayed behind with blown back, brown hair in a long black coat taking swabs of the floor. She look like she was in her mid forties. 

"What?" said the guy next to her collecting fingerprints. 

"That the murderer would just leave the body here, I mean, come on, it's more fun when they hide the body, it makes the chase exciting. Plus, not to mention it will throw off the scent." she spoke, I flinched when she said fun. As if this was all just a big game for her. 

"Shh…Marline, you don't wanna give the bad guys ideas," he replied smirking, dropping a bloody doll into a baggy and sliding it shut, and slipping it into his coat pocket. "Besides, it makes the job easier,"   

"I still like a little adrenaline in my life." Marline stood up and put the swab into a test tube, and pulled off her toothpaste-blue gloves, "poor girl though, she looked about 15, she had so much to live for" she said staring at the white taped, body outline on the floor. She regarded it with a shrug and walked back outside. I appeared at her side just as she was talking to mom. 

"We have to perform an autopsy back at the lab," Marline claimed, while mom stared at her slippers,stifling sobs, she looked like a mess, one of her robe sleeves was hanging by the elbow, her eyes were red and puffy and there were snot rivers trailing down from each nostril, but she nodded. 

"Is it okay if I speak to the father?" Marline asked. 

Mom looked up at her "He's in N-New Jersey on a-a business t-trip" she mumbled in a choked voice.  

Marline nodded, "I see," she looked down at Kate, who was cowering into my mom's robe her hands clutching the robe so hard I thought holes were going to be left behind.  

Just then the other guy who was chatting to Marline appeared and whisper something into her ear, she gave him a glance and nodded. They started to walk away--- 

"Where's my doll?" asked a little a voice. 

The two detectives whirled around, I did too, only to see Kate staring at the two detectives. Her eyes just as red and puffy as the women she was clutching.    

The male detective gave her a quizzical look. Then it contorted into a look of realization. "You mean this…." he reached into his pocket and took out a huge plastic bag. And sure enough, there was the mermaid lying on her side at the bottom, bloody, with one of her arms thrown up over her head. She look like she was saying Hey guys! Missed me? 

"ASHLEY!!!!!" Kate screeched  and ran toward the detective, stumbling on the uneven grass. She reached up to grab the doll but the detective yanked it upward. 

"No,no little girl, we need this for analyzing," he smirked as he stuffed it back into his coat. And sauntered away, Marline right beside him. She glanced over and smiled unkindly as Kate fell to the grass and cried, her face in her hands. 

I growled at them. They think that they're so badass. Kate didn't even know what "analyzing" meant.

My fist curled into balls as the rage took over me,it grew and grew until I felt it at the tips of my toes, just as they were about to pass over the lawn onto the driveway. I focused on the male detective's coat  the right end  of the bottom reached over as if it was alive and grabbed on to a root sticking up from the ground. He didn't seemed to notice and kept walking his hands curled behind his back. The fabric stretched like taffy as it was pulled forward. He kept  walking until… 

Ri-i-i-i-i-pppp!!! 

He staggered backward and fell. "Marline!" he cried and snatched her coat as she whirled around, but lost her balance as she and the detective fell to the ground in a heap, a tearing sound coming from her.  

When they rolled of each other, they're coats had jagged edges and were so short they looked like baby clothes. Marline looked around at her self then shot daggers at the male detective. "You ruined it!" she screamed jabbing a finger in  his direction. 

The male detective looked alarmed, "Well mine is ruined t--" 

"This coat cost five hundred bucks!"  She yelled, so loudly that some of the officers looked up from their work.   

He spluttered, " I'm sorry but I'll buy--" but Marline whipped her hand across his face so hard his head snapped to the left. She tramped away mumbling angrily "Last time I date a a fellow employee…"    

The man spluttered, and ran after her. I look down to see Kate smiling at the bickering detectives, her wet face gleaming.  

I smiled at my work, unfazed by it all. I turned around and walked down the block away from the scene. As I reached the corner where a beat up old fire hydrant stood its ground, a white van zoomed past me, I caught the logo of the truck in time as it sped off Channel 12 News. I smirked, though, I couldn't understand why.  

***************************************************

Thanks for reading! :D Stay tuned for next time for a SURPRISE!! :D 

Also, I'll be changing the cover a lot, ( i'm trying to find the perfect one) so please don't freak out if you see a  new one all the time. ;) 

Vote, comment, etc. Especially comment, I love hearing your guys's reactions!! :D  

P.S.: Sorry for a short chapter :(.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90 7 8
({COMPLETED}) The first two deaths, the NYPD treated as homicides. The third, murder in the first. The fourth now dawned upon them. Each death three...
64.7K 1.7K 55
Jaylen Argent, a sarcastic teenage girl with looks that could kill Parker Everett, the shy boy who just want to make the most of his junior year. Wha...
32.9K 1K 17
Ana has gone through more heartache in the last few months than most people do in their life time. She lost her boyfriend to her best friend, was fra...
132K 4.8K 38
"Jess, would you please get his order." Lisa winked at me and pointed the guy near the door. She is my one and only bestfriend since kindergarten...