Without Her ✓

Από IceBlueCold

"What is it?" I asked. "I want you" He said making me widen my eyes. He looked into my eyes and then back to... Περισσότερα

Prologue
Run Off
I Warned You
The Girl
Tension
New Emotions
Hate Me
Baking
Sleep
Keys
As long As I'm Here
Stay With Me
Let Me
As Slow As You Want
Be With You
Little Donkey
Hold You
Text me
Leave me
Torture
Pleasure
Lie To Me
In The Arms Of A Murderer
Your Fault
Blindly In Love
Kiss it better
Moving On
Last Time
Wait For Me
Can't take it
Dizzy
Dizzy pt2
I Trust You
All Fine Now
Close To Him
Breathe
Hurting
Cookies
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter

Overwhelming

10.8K 433 89
Από IceBlueCold

Leo

"Now what?" He asked with a stupid smirk on his face, "Leo this is your last chance you either work for me or you and your friends die" He said pointing the gun at me, "And you, don't you dare try to move" He told Vincent.

I saw Nate struggling to get up behind him and shook my head trying to tell him to stop.

He stood up regardless, took a chair that was near him and hit Reid with it. They both fell on the floor, Nate because of the force he used when he was already hurt and Reid because he was hit really hard, but he was still holding onto the gun. Nate got on top of him to take the gun and Vincent let me go and ran to help.

I feel so useless.

"Don't you dare come any closer" He said with the gun on Nate's head, "I swear if you take one more step I'm going to kill him" He growled.

Where the fuck are our men?

Nate was looking at me with a nervous smile on his face. I could see he was terrified, he was sweating and for once in his life he had no idea what to do.

I saw Reid's expression change as he looked to the side. He raised an eyebrow and he changed his aim and was now pointing at whoever he was seeing, but my vision was so blurry I couldn't see anything.

"You. Finally I can get rid of you" He said.

It all happened in a flash. He shot at that direction but there was another gunshot that followed that one.

Reid's body relaxed and dropped completely on the floor a few seconds after.

Who the fuck shot him?

I heard someone take a few slow steps and I gasped at what I saw.

"Tess?" I called out not believing my eyes.

No no no no

Nate looked at me, sorry written all over his face.

She looked at me gripping onto her shirt. There was blood and cuts on her hands, but what got my attention was the blood coming from the place she was gripping. She dropped to her knees and I ran to her side with all the strength I had left.

"Leo, we need to get to a hospital. Now. I'm going to call Ares" Nate said, but I couldn't listen to him. I was focused on her only.

"Why did you come here, you stupid girl?" I whispered and took her in my arms. I didn't care about my injuries, I just needed her close.

"I wanted to make up for the way I talked to you" She said, "I did it, he's gone"  She added with a faint smile.

"You did it sweetheart, I'm proud of you" I said stroking her face.

"Leo, it hurts" She choked out breaking my heart.

"I know Tessie, I know, but you're going to be okay. I promise you"

You have to be or else I don't know what I'll do with myself.

"You'll take care of my family?" She asked.

"Stop saying things like that" I said feeling hot tears drop down my cheeks.

"I don't want you or them to be sad" She whispered and reached out to touch me.

"Stop it" I said firmly and shut my eyes.

"Leo-"

"Stop it!" I yelled.

I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder and turned to see Vincent.

"Let me carry her, we'll take all three of you to a hospital. The others will carry you"

"No, I want to stay with her" I said.

"This is for her own good. You'll be with her in the car don't worry"

I sighed and let him do it.

I wish I could carry her.

One of our men helped me stand up and helped me walk and I glared at him, "Couldn't have made it here sooner?" I asked.

He gulped, "I'm sorry, sir" He said.

They'll all be if she doesn't make it.

No, she will make it.

I got in the back of the car and Vincent put her next to me. She was still conscious, but she looked like she was slipping in and out of consciousness.

"Come here Tessie" I said softly and wrapped my arms around her, careful not to hurt her.

Now that I was somewhat calm, I was starting to get dizzy too, from all the injuries.

"I missed you" I whispered and kissed the side of her face, "I thought I'd lost you forever"

I felt my eyelids getting heavy. As much as I tried I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and eventually I gave up.

_________

I peeled my eyes open, getting blinded by the bright light.

Where am I?

I looked around and saw Vincent sleeping on a chair next to the bed I was in.

We're in a hospital.

Tessa. I need to know if Tessa's safe.

"Vincent" I tried to say but my throat was really dry, however it was enough to wake him up.

He jolted awake and looked at me in surprise, "You're awake" He said standing up and giving me a glass of water.

"Where's Tessa?" I asked immediately.

"She's okay, don't worry" He said.

I let out a sigh of relief, "How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Just a few hours. Maybe like eight hours" He said.

"How is Nate?" I asked feeling worried.

"He's okay, he's resting"

Thank God.

"Is Tessa awake?" I asked hesitantly, afraid of the answer.

He looked around and rubbed his his arm awkwardly, "No" He said hesitantly.

"She's going to be okay, right?"

"Yes, the doctor said her body just needs a little time to rest. She'll probably be up by tomorrow or even sooner"

I let out another sigh of relief. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew something happened to her.

"Have you been here this whole time?"I asked. He looked really tired and he hadn't even changed his clothes yet.

He smiled subtly, "Yeah, I didn't want to leave you alone. Ares was here too but he left to talk to Nate"

I cleared my throat, "Thank you for watching over me" I said feeling moved by his action, but not wanting to show it.

He chuckled, "It's nothing"

"I should go see Nate and Tessa-"

"You are not going to move your ass until I say you can" I heard a voice next to us.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine, Ares"

"Vincent, can you leave us alone for a bit?" He asked. I knew I was in trouble right then and there.

Vincent gulped and nodded as he stood up and walked out, closing the door behind him.

"What the fuck were you thinking!?" He yelled.

"Damn, I just woke up and this is how you treat me?"

"It's not a fucking joke why did you do that? That was a suicide mission" He said.

"I-I didn't know you would follow me, I just wanted to be useful and-"

"And look where that got you"

I stayed silent feeling guilty.

"If it wasn't for Tessa I would've lost you, both of you" He said his voice slightly shaky which took me by surprise and caused me to look up at his teary eyes, "What would I do if-" He cut himself off and tried to calm himself down by covering his face with his hand and shutting his eyes.

It was the first time I'd ever seen him so upset, so worked up. He was always calm. Always worried about everything, but somehow able to keep it together.

And now he was breaking down right in front of me.

"I don't know what was going through your fucking mind when you decided to go there all alone, but if you ever pull a stunt like this again I will lock you up until you get in your senses" He said harshly.

"I know you wouldn't do it" I said.

"You don't know the lengths I'd go to to keep the ones I love safe" He said shutting me up, "I'm getting the doctor to check up on you. Don't you dare move" He said giving me one last look before walking out.

If Ares got emotional over this I can't even imagine what Nate's reaction will be like.

_________

"You'll probably be ready to be released in a few days" The doctor told me, "Get some rest and don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it" He said with a smile and left after I nodded.

"That's good" Vincent breathed out.

"Can I see Nate and Tessa now?" I asked.

"I said no" Ares said throwing me a glare.

"Who's watching over Tessa?" I asked.

"Serenity" He said looking down.

I was so happy that they were together after everything that had happened. Ares didn't even have time to rest and be happy about it after everything. I put him in a bad place again.

I always hurt the ones I love.

"What about her family? Someone has to let them know she's okay" I said.

Her sisters must miss her a lot.

"Serenity told her dad she's sleeping over at our house for a few days. She told him Tessa fell asleep too early so she had to call him to let him know"

"Thank you" I said.

"Thank me by not doing dumb shit anymore" He said.

He's going to rub it in my face forever isn't he?

"Ares!" I heard a female voice.

We turned to see Serenity standing by the door. She smile and waved at me and I nodded, but I was worried about Tessa.

Serenity is supposed to be watching over her. Why is she here?

"Tessa is awake" She said with an excited smile, her words making my heart race.

I had to see her. No, I needed it. I couldn't stand another minute without seeing her.

I stood up, but Ares put his hand on my chest to hold me back.

I turned to him, "Ares, please. Please, let me see her. I need it. How would you feel if you were in my place?" I asked.

"He's right, Ares. Tessa asked to see him as well. She asked where he is the minute she woke up" Serenity said.

I saw Ares' expression softening.

He's so soft for her.

He sighed, "Fine" He said and dropped his hand to his side, "Vincent go with him. You don't have to go in, just take him to the room" He said.

I mouthed a 'thank you' to Serenity as we passed by her and she gave me a smile.

"Is Nate okay?" I asked Vincent.

"He is. He just needs some time. He's a little-he just needs some time to himself"

I really wanted to be there for him, but I was sure the reason he was like this was me.

Another person I love and he's hurt by me.

We stood outside a door. I saw a doctor exiting the room and closing the door.

She was all alone with a doctor in there? I need to make sure he didn't try anything.

"Is that her room?" I asked feeling nervous all of a sudden.

"Yes, you can go in. I'll stay here. Let me know if you need anything" he said.

I nodded and walked to the door. I opened it and got inside feeling like my heart was about to jump out of my chest. The moment I saw her I wanted to run to her, hug her and kiss her all over her pretty face.

"Hi" She said softly, "Come here" She said with a smile, patting a spot next to her on her bed.

I did as she told me and sat on the spot next to her.

"How are you?" She asked.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to make small talk or talk about how I was.

"I'm so sorry" I said and cupped the side of her face.

"Why?" She asked putting her hand over mine and bringing it to her lips to kiss my palm. That action made me want to explode from happiness and love. I never felt like this before. My emotions were so overwhelming I didn't know how to act.

"Y-you're hurt because of me" I said.

"I chose to do what I did"

"You stupid girl, why did you risk your life for me?" I asked stroking her lips with my thumb.

"Because I can't stand the thought of you gone or in pain. I had to do something" She said holding my hand tightly, her lips brushing against my fingertips with every words.

My heart is going to explode.

"But I can't either. What would I do if you-"

"That didn't happen" She cut me off putting a hand on my arm. That's when I realized I was shaking again, but this time she wasn't scared. She was calm, "Stop thinking about it. Calm down, it's okay" She said.

"I owe you my life"

"Don't say things like that. You've saved me so many times"

"This is different. I'm used to doing this. I'm trained"

"We can talk about it all after we get out of here. Let's enjoy our time together now. I missed you" She said.

I love you.

"How's your wound and your hands? Do they hurt a lot?" I asked worried, taking her hand in mine carefully.

"It does hurt. I've never been shot before and I didn't know how much it hurts" She said looking down before looking back up at me again, "Have you ever been shot?" She asked.

I ran my fingers through my hair nervously, "Well yeah" I said afraid of her reaction.

She bit her lip and looked down again, "I see" She said. She seemed to be in thought. I wanted to know what was going through her mind.

Is she thinking about the whole mafia thing? Is she going to hate me again?

"You really don't know what tomorrow will bring with this job huh?" She said.

"Kind of but I'm usually more protected than the others. I work from afar. I only have to fight in rare cases" I said.

"But you must have a lot of enemies" She said.

"Not really. Not a lot of people know me personally. Reid knew me because-" I trailed off as I remembered the reason.

I'm the reason her mom died.

How am I supposed to tell her? She's going to hate me again and I'm going to lose her again.

"Are you okay?" She asked touching my face.

"Y-yes I'm fine. I just-I need to go. I'll be back later" I said and stood up and walked to the door.

"Oh okay" She said.

She sounded so disappointed.

I looked back at her to see her with a sad look on her face, trying to not let it show.

I walked back to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "I'll be back as soon as I can" I mumbled.

She smiled and nodded and I left the room.

I went to my room and fell back on the bed.

I've hurt her so much already. Physically and mentally. It's only been a few months since I met her. I will just continue to hurt her if I don't let her go.

I didn't know how long I was there just staring at the ceiling when I heard someone walk in.

I looked at the door and saw Nate leaning on it and holding the wall for support.

"Hey" He said.

"Hi"

"How are you-" We both asked at the same time.

"I'm fine" He said scratching the back of his neck.

"I am too"

"You-you didn't come to see me and I assumed you were in pain so..I sneaked out without Ares seeing me to see you" He said fiddling with his fingers.

"No, Vincent just told me you needed time. I wanted to come I swear" I said.

"It's okay"

"Are you-are you going to yell at me too?"

"Would it make any difference? I just don't understand why you didn't even tell us anything. You could have died"

"You wouldn't know whether I died or not. It wouldn't hurt as much-"

"You think I wouldn't spend every breathing moment searching for you?" He asked bitterly, "I owe everything to that girl after the pain she saved me from"

"I would've found a way to come back"

"You could've told me. I don't care if you wanted to get it done right then and there and didn't want to tell Ares I would've come with you"

"That still wouldn't work I would just get you in more trouble" I shook my head.

"You could've told Ares then!"

"He would have taken time to come up with a plan. I wanted it right then and there" I said making up excuses.

I just wanted to feel useful. I hated myself and I didn't care what happened to me. I knew the chances of making it were slim and I still went there without a second thought.

"Do you ever stop to think about what will happen to us if you die when you go and do dumb shit like that?" He asked, his eyes glossy. I'd never seen him like that, "You're always so impulsive as if you don't have a whole family who would crumble if you died. Unless you don't consider us your family, because I do"

"I didn't know you cared so much" I said lowering my head before looking back at him, "I'm sorry"

"You didn't know?" He asked in disbelief his voice slightly cracked, "Do I not show it enough?"

"No, that's not it. I just struggle to believe it"

He shook his head and clenched his jaw, "You're unbelievable" He said and stormed out of the room.

I sighed and fell down on my bed leaning back and closing my eyes.

I wish Reid would kill me when he had the chance.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

467 26 20
14+ COMPLETED!! romantic short story "Loni, please." His voice is so gentle and so longing, I weaken. Swallowing, I finally dare meet his gaze. My fe...
Destiny Από Ally_WhyDontWe

Ρομαντική

8.9K 152 32
"Don't move" I grabbed on to the sheets as he came closer to me. He pushed me against the bed. "You're much better when you're under me" I looked up...
Not this time Από pandu

Φαντασίας

13 4 9
I thought sleeping will make your work easier, and you i never said that my past was tragic "I said while pointing my finger towards him. He catched...
435 26 22
Can i?" He whispered tilting his face along with mine parting his lips after licking them. "Yes" i muttered and he smiled amusingly "Bold move, swee...