When Darkness Comes: Book 1 D...

De Academylove

First 17 chapters written by Katydids and finished by Academylove Post apocalyptic Fanfiction of CL Stone's A... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1 Lights Out
Chapter 2 Sticking Together
Chapter 3 No One Wants a Parasite
Chapter 4 Are You the Doctor?
Chapter 5 We Can't take in Every Stray
Chapter 6 Let the Interrogation Begin
Chapter 7 Nightmares are Nothing New
Chapter 9 Acts of Kindness
Chapter 10 Get Some Sleep Sweet Cheeks
Chapter 11 Going Out with a BANG
Chapter 12 Are You Ready?
Chapter 13 What a Girl Needs
Chapter 14 Screaming Like a Girl
Chapter 15 Fears
Chapter 16 Grandpa Charlie
Chapter 17 Rice Crispies
Chapter 18 Campsite
Chapter 19 Hidden Apples
Chapter 20 What I Could Go For...
Chapter 21 Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 22 Missing Link
Chapter 23 Silence
Chapter 24 Group Bath Time
Chapter 25 To Go or Not To Go...
Chapter 26 Who's Line is it Anyway?
Chapter 27 Flash From the Past
Chapter 28 We Made It As Promised!

Chapter 8 Avoiding Problems

7.2K 413 30
De Academylove

Sang

In the morning we take another dip in the pool.

The others come over from Kota's house to rinse too. No one splashes or plays though, getting clean is the purpose.

I catch myself sneaking peeks at them several times. Their bodies are....amazing. From more brawny and muscular to lean and sinewy.

I get out and wrap a towel around myself. As I do I overhear Owen, North and Kota talking about the gunshots last night. There were several after the first, then quiet. Owen showed up to make sure we were okay and for the guys to arm themselves. Apparently they already were.

I didn't know that.

It's a bit unnerving to know they all have guns, but it may turn out to be more unnerving if they don't.

I was embarrassed for him to see me in Nathan's arms. He didn't say anything about it. At least not to me. I don't know why, but I care what he thinks of me. He's obviously the leader so maybe it's because he can give the order to drop me.

After last night I truly hope they let me stick with them. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut, stay out of the way, and my head down like I always have and maybe they will. I'm worried my nightmares might be an issue. They were so kind to me but who really wants to be around that?

At least I didn't have any more after Nathan got in the bed and held me......

“Do you know how to handle a gun?” Owen's voice halts my thoughts.

I grip the ends of the towel to my chest, “No?”

“Are you asking me or telling me?” he replies.

My face heats, “No. I mean....No. I don't know how to handle a gun.” My eyes widen. “Should I?”

He purses his lips. “Perhaps. We'll see how things go.”

He turns back to the others essentially dismissing me. I pad back into the house and change in Nathan's bathroom, putting my tank and shorts back on. I brush my teeth and rinse with a bottled water I set aside for that. When I come out, Silas is waiting for me. He's changed too.

“We're going to have a family meeting.”

I blink at him. “Oh, okay. Should I wait here or go home?”

He grins down at me, “You're coming too. You're with us now.”

I give him a shy smile and follow. The reassurance I felt from his words dissipates when I walk into the living room. Everyone's looking at me. Unsure where to go, I hover behind the couch. Luke twists his body and looks at me. “Over here short stuff.” He pats the space between him and Gabe.

I tiptoe over and sit, squeezing my legs together so I don't rub against theirs. Both of them sit back and relax theirs, their thighs resting against mine anyway. I notice the hair below Luke's shorts is blond and Gabe's is dark.

Owen clears his throat as I look up from my ogling.

“The plan is to remain here for two more nights, but it may be advantageous to only stay one. Victor and Kota did a sweep of the surrounding areas last night and the looting is getting closer. For the most part, this neighborhood is abandoned. Families haven't made their way back yet. People looking for food and supplies will take advantage of this area and some will most likely be dangerous.” He looks around the room, “We wouldn't be running away, we'd be avoiding problems. If we leave before people are too desperate, we are less likely to be attacked for the supplies we carry.” He stops, waiting for replies.

“I'm ready to go anytime,” North states.

“Me too,” Silas says.

“Might as well get started,” Luke shrugs.

“Is everyone in agreement?” Owen asks.

I listen to all of them agree, then they turn their eyes on me. “Sang? What do you say?” Owen's face is serious.

“Um, I'm willing to do whatever you say. If you think...that we....should go earlier, I'm okay with that.” I internally roll my eyes. I'm such a moron.

“I want you to understand it will be rigorous and probably dangerous at times.”

I nod my head.

“We will be traveling over eighty miles on foot.”

That seems like a lot. “Okay”

“You'll need to carry your share.”

“Of course.”

He watches me a moment and I don't look away. He turns his attention to the room. “We'll spend today preparing to leave at daybreak. Sean, you're in charge of medical supplies. North and Nathan, weapons. Gabe and Sang, sleeping and night gear. Silas and Luke, food, water and cooking supplies. Kota, route and maps, which we all will be familiar with. Victor and I will make sure the packs are all complete. Everyone pack a change of clothes and extra socks.”

He sighs and looks out the window. “If things don't change, at least we are together and have a safe destination.”

“Where are we going?” I ask.

“It's called an Academy Shelter,” he says. “The organization we work for is called The Academy. It's more than just a shelter though. It's a self-sustaining plantation and surrounding homes off the grid. It's heavily guarded and maintained to survive this kind of situation.”

“Like a prepper place?”

He's gives me a tiny smile. “In a way.”

“It's okay that I go?” Will they get in trouble for bringing me?

“You'll be unexpected but they will allow it. If all goes well, it should only take five days.”

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

18.5K 1.9K 13
A fanfiction based on The Academy: Ghost Bird series by C.L. Stone. Max, the Academy's favorite golden retriever, gets his own adventure.
149K 10K 45
An Academy/ Ghost Bird Fanfic. Inspired by the characters and story by C.L. Stone. This story contains characters that are similar to the Ghost Bird...
67.1K 4.5K 27
This is an Academy Fan-fiction. So, if you haven't read the books then you probably won't get this at all. The characters are all CL Stone's and the...
86.8K 6.6K 27
This is a fanfic based on CL Stone's Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetle series. There is mature content. Sang and the boys are two years past the As...