𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐔𝐬

By ellababyx

FAKE DATING "We are more than friends but less than lovers." - "Oh go to hell, I was trying to have an epipha... More

Introduction
Character Collages
Playlist :)
Dedication to my babies <3
Chapter 1 - Elizabeth
Chapter 2 - b u t t e r f l i e s
Chapter 3 - red
Chapter 4 - Champagne Problems
Chapter 5 - Sweetheart
Chapter 6 - Anna
Chapter 7 - Pull Over
Chapter 8 - stupid smiles
Chapter 9 - Euphoric
Chapter 10 - strawberry
Chapter 11 - fake
Chapter 12 - Karen
Chapter 13 - Hold my waist Maxwell
Chapter 14 - I hate you
Chapter 16 - Jump
Chapter 17 - Strip Club
Chapter 18 - One bed
Chapter 19 - Room 15
Chapter 20 - Rule five
Chapter 21 - Theo
Chapter 22 - Kitchen
Chapter 23 - Paper Rings
Chapter 24 - worthless
Chapter 25 - jacuzzi
Chapter 26 - one
Chapter 27 - Lucky Number
Chapter 28 - Happy Fucking Birthday
Chapter 29 - two
Chapter 30 - I love you, you stupid idiot
Chapter 31 - i lost faith
Chapter 32 - refrigerator light
Chapter 33 - bye bye oli
Chapter 34 - epiphany
Chapter 35 - Bleo
Chapter 36 - red... and blue?
Chapter 37 - three.
Chapter 38 - cory?
Epilogue... Platinum Rings
Bonus Chapter - May

Chapter 15 - Taylor Swift

71.5K 1.6K 4K
By ellababyx

3 days later

Me and Beth were enjoying the view, watching the guys do training.

The morning after that party I snuck out of. I refused to hear any detail about her night after Oli chased her down. She assured me it was romantic and asked my permission every two minutes even after I had said it was fine.

"God he's fine" Beth stared at Jack as if she could mount him right there and then.

"Ehm B, who are you currently dating?" She looked confused for a second before it clicked "Your brother? Yeah I know but... he's still fine."

I slapped her lightly on the arm before Kaylee slid in beside Beth.

"I got us popcorn" Me and Beth smiled as she passed us each a packet. "It's like watching a movie" Beth remarked, putting a piece of popcorn in her mouth.

"Yeah but better because it's free to watch, unlike the cinema and each of us are dating one of these guys" Beth looked over at me from the corner of her eye in a 'haha your not actually dating him' type of look.

I mean yeah not officially, it was a deal or whatever. But it's fine, labels smabels.

I looked back towards Leo and he was looking straight towards me, as if looking anywhere would cause a nuclear explosion.

I couldn't exactly see the green from back here, but I knew the pretty colour was still there.

Just waiting for me to have a staring contest with it later, my treat.

The coaches voice shouted something at him and he zapped back into action. Moving quickly up the field. He looked... great

Just fucking hot. No other word for it.

Me and the girls fell into a conversation about Kaylee and Isaac. Apparently they had hit it off the other night after beer pong. Isaac was new to me. I hadn't seen him around at all until a couple months ago, but that's just how college was... Meeting new people every fucking second.

We watched the guys finish up training and go back into the changing rooms to the right of the field. I was waiting for Leo after his training to talk to him about the concert, details and all that. Oh god that was the shittiest excuse I've ever heard. I hadn't really planned out what I was gonna say...

'Hey Leo! Just here to drool over your abs and then i'm out! Toodle-fucking-pip !'

Yeah... not happening.

"Okay gals I'm gonna go." Kaylee said while she picked up her bag. "Later babies." She tripped a little going up the stairs and tried to play it off totally normal.

Me and Beth laughed at her stumble. "Yeah I'm actually gonna go too. I have a date with Oliver later. Have to look my best and all that"

I scrunched my face in pure disgust as they left me waiting on the row of seats. I read a book on my phone for a bit before someone was walking over to me from behind.

I turned to see Jack sitting down beside me. "Hey."

"Hey! You looked good out there on the field" Jack grinned at me.

Listen... I knew me and Leo were 'dating' or whatever but Jack was my friend. Just a friend.

"Yeah we have a game coming up, you'll be there right?" I nodded and straightened out my skirt. "I have my cheerleading routine all set for you"

He laughed as a gust of wind caused goosebumps to rise all over my skin. Jack noticed my shiver and began to take his jacket off. Oh god no where was this going "Summers not even over yet and it's already getting colder."

I nodded as he began to drape his jacket over my back, but obviously...

"Thanks Jack but I got that." Leo's jealousy radiated off him as he sat in beside me and took off his jacket.

Jack looked visibly uncomfortable as he stood up "Yeah uhm.. See ya round Belle. See you at the game Bells." He awkwardly walked back up the steps towards the exit.

"Smooth Maxwell." He scoffed. "Just doing my fake boyfriend duties." I raised an eyebrow as he did the same to me. "Oh c'mon spit it out"

I rolled my eyes and lightly slapped his arm as he put his jacket over my shoulders. "I just think, Jack... Really Belle?" Jack was a good guy, maybe not for me but still... cute?

This time I was rolling my eyes "What do you mean?" I knew exactly what he meant but Id way prefer to hear the jealousy in his voice admitting it.

"Nothing. Why are you here anyway?" Damn, was waiting for his pathetic excuse that didn't include his fragile ego and alpha male jealousy.

"Concert details, obviously... What else?" Couldn't be more unconvincing if i tried.

He stared at me, totally and utterly confused. Fucking oops.

"Okay Ill pick you up at your apartment round 5? We can make the trip in 30ish minutes."

"Sounds good." I could have said anything else oh my lord. "Okay..." He was staring at me again. Pretty pretty green. "Alright?" Why did I say alright? I need to have my mouth zipped or taped or some shit.

"Perfect..." He licked his lips slightly, and obviously. I did the same.

"Pretty much"

"Leo! WERE LEAVING" He turned to Oli who was standing at the exit.

Ha, I won that staring contest.

"Yeah, one sec" He began to get up as I took off the jacket and tried to pass it to him.

"Feeling generous all of a sudden? You haven't given back one of my jumpers but your giving this back?"

Oh, oops.

Totally forgot to give the 2 jumpers from the beach and from the other night back. I mean did he realllly need them anyway

"Yeah Maxwell, your not getting those back. And since your in a giving mood, I'll take this too"

He smiled sarcastically, as usual. "Oh and don't forget your ticket!"

He turned back to me and looked confused "I'm not a fish sweetheart"

Right right right

"Your funny, not."

He grinned and turned back around, walking out of the stadium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day of the concert

Leo's Pov (;

We had been on modes of transport all damn day. Yet Belle still had the energy of Beth when organizing something.

My feet were sore and tired and dead, we hadn't even reached the concert yet. I was just following the brown headed girl through the people.

I needed a push from Jesus or something to keep going.

"Leo, come on. Your slacking" She powered ahead of me, guiding her way through crowds.

She eventually turned around to see me a couple meters behind her.

"Seriously Maxwell, are you some sort of CHILD? Keep up you moron" She put her hand in mine and dragged me with her.

Her hand was safe. I liked the feeling.

She pushed through most people and I knew she was strong. Kinda.

But oh my god this girl was pulling my whole body weight.

No mercy either. Practically breaking my hand, squeezing it tightly as not to lose me.

"Belle if you keep holding my hand like that it's gonna snap right off"

She turned to me and glared.

Eventually we reached the concert building, it had an open roof so it better not rain later. We had standing tickets so if it rained...

Well, we were screwed pretty much.

She let go of my hand and I felt a little colder, god damn it.

Why did she have that effect on me? Why did my body constantly betray me like that.

Getting turned on in front of her was like placing an atomic bomb with a timer.

The timer slowly counted down until she'd notice it, and then there was that uncomfortable tension.

"Maxwell if you don't hurry your ass up, we won't get good positions!"

Oh oops.

I tried to walk as fast as I could to keep up with her, navigating through queues until we finally made our way to the ticket check in.

She grabbed them out of her little bag and the guy scanned them.

"Okay let's go" She was finally walking at a pace I could keep up with.

So we were walking along beside each other.

She made her way round the place without any directions, like a gravitational pull or some shit she found the stage.

Then she finally found us a spot on the floor, right below the stage.

"That was a workout and a half" Yeah no shit.

"Well you didn't have to drag me everywhere"

She scoffed at my comment "Well maybe if you weren't walking as slow as my grandpa Joe then we wouldn't have had to walk that fast"

I hoped she was kidding. "Belle! The stadium is practically bloody empty"

I mean that wasn't entirely true, there was a good amount of people here who were also early.

Each as psychotic as the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The majority of the concert seats had filled out and the two supporting acts had performed already.

Apparently both were revolutionary singers yet I hadn't heard of either.

"If you hate on Gracie Abrams and Jenna Raine for one more second I'll throw you into the crowd of people, and I know you don't want that Maxwell"

I rolled my eyes at her and then the screams began.

The absolute ear piercing, eardrums popping type of screams echoed throughout the stadium.

I looked towards the stage away from Belle and saw the woman of the hour. Taylor Swift.

I mean I would most definitely be lying to say I hadn't listened to her songs un-ironically.

She was a good singer, period.

But pretending to hate something that Belle loved was something I found very funny.

She always looked so pissed off whenever I mentioned it.

The first song began and I had recognized it from that drive back home from the beach.

And obviously, Belle was screaming the words beside me.

"WHATS THIS CALLED?"

"WHAT?"

"NAME. OF. SONG."

"OH. GETAWAY CAR" I knew some of the words but I didn't sing them.

I recognized some of the other songs like All Too Well (Taylor's Version), Paper Rings and Better Then Revenge. The rest were all kinda blurry

~~~~~~~~~~

Towards the end it began raining, I was soaked and so was Belle.

She didn't seem to mind too much tho because I bought her a popcorn on our way out of the concert.

A very satisfied, happy Belle was walking alongside me. Still in the rain.

"Okay we should try find the car" She nodded and kept eating her popcorn.

Eventually we found where our car should be parked and I reached into my pocket for the keys.

"Anyway now Maxwell" I glared at her and checked my other pocket.

Oh shit. Both empty.

"Heyyy Belllllleeeeee.... You wouldn't by any chance-"

"Leo... tell me right now you didn't lose the damn keys and your kidding."

The rain was still pouring down and we were getting colder by the minute.

I slowly shook my head and I could see the bad mood taking over her body. I wanted to take over her body-

"Maxwell I will murder you right here right now if you don't find the fucking keys"

Yep they would find me in the morning, flies sat on my corpse.

She walked over to my side of the car, right beside me and she looked into the car.

"I see them in there you intolerant asshole"

She pointed vaguely into the window of the car and groaned.

"Well shit. A taxi?"

She looked at me sternly "Order one, now."

She was so hot.

O-kay.

I quickly ordered one and it predicted a twenty minute wait.

We could walk halfway home in that time, this girl might actually rip my head off with the eyes she was giving me.

"What can I do to boost your mood?" She rolled her eyes.

"Nothing."

Think think think.

Oh. This might not benefit her but it would definitely benefit me.

I grabbed her hand and spun her into me.

"What on earth are you doing" She had murder in her eyes but this was the only thing I could think of.

"We are going to slow dance."

She finally put her other hand on my shoulder, leaning into the dance a small bit.

"Your insane." She laughed a little and I could already see her in a better mood.

"Maybe.... But I hate when your annoyed at me." Not that I didn't necessarily enjoy it, because I did.

The rain was sliding down her face and I wiped from under her eyes with my thumb.

"This is a terrible idea."

I laughed slightly and leaned in closer to her, scrambling for her body heat.

"Yes, yes it is" Maybe she'd prefer if we stopped at a restaurant or something.

"We could walk up the road a couple minutes, wouldn't take too long-"

"I'm okay for now" She smiled into my chest and my heart skipped a beat.

Damn it damn it damn it.

She didn't want to stop dancing because she didn't wanna leave my arms. O-kay.

Not gonna object to that, at all.

In fact I would encourage it to happen more often.

It was quiet for a split second before Belle clearly couldn't take it anymore.

"I had a dream about you the other night..." oh?

"Tell me about it sweetheart"

"We met before. At that shop in DoorsDane mall."

Well. Shit.

There goes my cover. I hadn't mentioned it simply because I felt it wasn't worth mentioning.

I had known her before that first official meeting too. Me and Oli had always been friends, but he was popular and I well...

I wasn't. At all.

And guess who else was popular. The one and only girl in my arms right this very minute.

I didn't hold anything against her for not remembering that we went to high school together. It's not as if we were best friends.

In fact we were only in the same year for a couple months before she left the school, which she filled in the blanks for.

I mean yeah she used to be popular but by the time of her run away, she had become a nobody. Just like me.

Except us nobody's ever passed each other, except for that one damn time in that one damn shop.

I always heard the rumors about why Belle had disappeared so when I saw her that day it was like all those stupid rumors were answered. None of them were true.

"It was that boyfriend of hers, she had to have ran away with him"

"Apparently she was such a loser, she just couldn't take it anymore"

"I heard that after her dad died, she went on a bender and killed herself"

Every rumor in the book was passed around until it died down after she returned and everyone shut right up then.

"How much do you remember?" She pulled away from me a little bit.

"Enough."

That's all she had to say for me to know.

She remembered everything, every detail of our meeting.

"Why didn't you mention it to me?" There was a slight bit of anger in her voice at this point. I wasn't a huge fan of that.

"I don't.. I don't know...?"

She completely slipped out of my arms until there we were. Standing opposite each other in the pouring rain.

"You could have said something, anything would have worked Leo!"

"Hey! You're not innocent either! You could have said something at my training or texted me or told me earlier tonight! Is it really that bag of a deal.. So what I knew you before we met in the cafe?" She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

Oh I get it... I'm getting too close and she's trying to push me away. Commitment issues I'm assuming. "I uhm..." She hesitated for a moment, clearly trying to come up with a stupid reason. "I didn't wanna ruin the deal we had." I mean sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

"Belle when will you get it. It's have, a key. fucking. word.." I said back and she sighed.

"WELL HOW WAS I MEANT TO KNOW THAT. HOW AM I MEANT TO KNOW THAT YOUR NOT GONNA LEAVE ME AT ANY MINUTE, OR START HITTING ME OR VERBALLY ABUSING ME EVERY SINGLE DAY"

"I'M NOT LEAV-... I am not leaving you anytime soon sweetheart" Her face softened up a little.

"But how do you know that for sure Leo-"

I cut her off and grabbed her. I hugged on to her for dear fucking life.

I felt warmth spread throughout my body and for once I wasn't feeling betrayed. I felt safe, like I could breathe in her arms. Grabbing all her worries and shredding them to pieces.

"I'm not gonna leave you darling" I whispered quietly.

I leaned down to kiss the top of her head and wrapped my arms tighter around her.

"I just-"

"Robinson. You don't have to explain your doubts or worries or whatever's going through that pretty head of yours. Just hug me the fuck back"

A muffled laugh came from her mouth as she wrapped her arms right around my stomach.

I wanted to love this girl. I wanted to give her the moon and the damn fucking stars. I wanted to-

The taxi beeped at us from behind Belle and the headlights were shining in our eyes.

I had totally forgotten that I had ordered one. Why focus on anything else when Belle was right beside me?

She sprung apart from me and wiped under her eyes once again. "We should-" I nodded slowly and shielded my eyes from the lights. "Yeah." She avoided eye contact with me and slid into the back seat of the taxi.

I could have sat in beside the driver But i wanted to sit beside her. Even if she wasn't very fond of me at this moment in time.

"Where to?" The driver was old and sounded like he smoked 100packs of cigarettes a day but it would have to do.

I listed off Belles apartment details and we set off.

I had quit cigarettes the night Belle told me they were bad for my lungs, oh god even before I knew her properly I was whipped.

Fucking disgusting. All obsessed with her an everything.

Well.

I don't care.

I put my hand out to the side of Belle and she linked her fingers through. Thank god.

I was scared she would stare at it and give me a classic roll of the eyes.

"Thanks for coming with me to this concert..."

Ah I forgot she didn't like the silence.

"No problem, wouldn't trade it for a night in with Karen" Now that was the truth.

Although thinking about it, Belle probably would trade a night in with Karen over me.

How rude.

Authors Note

Boring boring boring chapter 😭 I promise next one is good. Like I need everyone to over analyze this sentence - THE. NEXT. CHAPTER. IS. GOOD. 😏

Lots of Love Babies, ella <3

Words - 3110
Date - 13/12/21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

537K 14.9K 39
"Leave the heels on,"he said as he pulled my hair to the side and bit down on my ear. I could not help but moan.He was only in his boxers and hard a...
40.4K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
47.5K 921 46
Sunny skies, luxurious hotel rooms, and nice beaches. Welcome to Florida. College student Lily is in for the time of her life on summer vacation - bu...
2.2K 95 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...