Daughter to a Tyrant

By Starfire1657

King Joffrey is known to be the most cruel and heartless ruler of Kings Landing. He is feared by all and desi... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10

Chapter 9

731 19 6
By Starfire1657

~Flashback to the Day Before~

"Congratulations little one you're getting adopted", the kind caretaker said with a smile.

Rosie's eyes seemed to widen in shock at the unexpected news.

"W-what?" She had asked, her tiny brain still trying to process the situation.

Lord Tyrion chuckled at the young girl's confusion. "It's true young one, there is no need for confusion." He had said hopping off the chair that he was sitting in, "You are getting adopted today." Finishing his statement with a smile.

No one realized it, but the moment that the Lannister spoke those words to her. Rosie was overcome with an undeniable sense of joy. She hasn't felt such a feeling this much since she met Alice.

Tears started to well up in her bright emerald green eyes. Rosie tried her hardest not to let them fall. The young girl faced the Lannister imp, her glassy eyes met his warm dark brown eyes. Her lips started to tremble as the words came stuttering out of her mouth.

"W-who's. . .

She took a breath, "Who's adopting m-me?" The girl asked timidly.

Tyrion Lannister smiled at the young girl. "Why that would be my nephew here. Stand up Joffrey!"

The teen in question grunted in response unmoved by his uncle's declaration. Staying in his seat not moving an inch.

Tyrion frowned disapprovingly at his nephew. The dwarf glared at Joffrey, "If I maybe frank nephew. That was neither an ask nor a request. So, I will say once again, Stand. Up. Please."

Joffrey gave his uncle a murderous look. Tyrion was thankful that looks couldn't kill. For he was sure that he would've been dead by now.

Fortunately for Tyrion, the said teen stood up from the chair without any of his usual complaints.

As the young king stood up, a single stray tear rolled down Rosie's pale cheeks.

Joffrey scoffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Yes as my uncle said I will be adopting you."

Rosie just continued to stare at the king. Eyes still stinging, she squeezed her doll tightly to her small frame as Joffrey continued to speak.

"Since you are going to be my new 'daughter'," he said straining the word like it was inconvenient for him. Which didn't go unnoticed by Tyrion and the kind caretaker whom both scowled at the king.

Joffrey however, continued ignoring both gentleman in the room. Keeping his eye contact with the little girl Infront of him. Trying to see if she was intimidated by just his mere presence. Surprisingly, she wasn't. The young orphan just kept staring back at Joffrey with a expecting look. 'Interesting', he thought.

"You will have everything provided for you at the palace. Servants will wait on you hand and foot. You shall be dressed in the finest silks and fabrics in all of the seven kingdoms. From the soft fabrics of the south to the luscious furs of the north. No longer would you have to dress in these rags you call clothes. And best of all you will be the named princess of Westeros." Joffrey pinned the girl with his gaze, and Rosie couldn't help but keep staring back into his ice blue eyes.

Joffrey broke his gaze with the young girl to turn his attention out the opened window. Towards the sky, which was now set in a blazing orange-red hue. Reminding him of a blazing fire.

"I will take you out of this place. To give you a true home. One that is fitted for a princess", he said eyes still transfixed on the burning sky.

Joffrey turned his head back to the orphan, "No this, whatever happened here. Whatever, things you might've had here before. Will never be welcomed in the palace. Unlike here, you will have a warm comfortable bed, decorated with fresh cool silk sheets. Warm expensive blankets and soft goose feathered filled pillows."

Rosie's eyes shined at the king's words. It seemed almost too good to be true. The blond kept silent as she still listened to the mighty ruler.

"Unlike here as well, at my palace you will have a grand meal every morning and night. Your belly will never feel like it's gone days without food. Or feel like you just got nothing but scraps. Snacks are also an acceptation. Unless my mother says otherwise." Joffrey says to Rosie while turning away again to gaze over the courtyard. With hands folded behind his back. He watched as the orphaned children started a single file line out of the courtyard.

All dirty. . .

Messy. . .

RATS!

"And lastly", he said while still watching the street urchins leave slowly into the crumbling building.

"You will never be mistreated, ridiculed or disrespected again. For it is a crime to ever do so to the royal family. And will be punished severely. . ." He paused facing the girl again with his arms now placed at his sides.

"Know that you will always be safe under my care. And no harm will ever come to you. . . Does that sound fair?"

Joffrey asked the little girl, quirking an eyebrow waiting for an answer.

Tyrion had to resist the urge to role his eyes. Joffrey really did inherit the Lannister's persuasive tongue. For his words were like milk and honey that could easily trap a horde of flies.

Rosie, however, still couldn't believe what was happening to her at this very moment.

Just earlier today she was getting bullied over just existing.

And now she was getting adopted but not just by any person. And not just by any important noble or aristocrat.

But the KING!

So many emotions swam inside the little girl.

Excitement

Joy

Relief

Thankfulness

And lastly. . .

Hope

A hope that her life will get better. A hope that her new guardian, will provide all that he had promised. And hope that a certain wish, which was gliding on the wings of that one shooting star would be granted.

The sea of emotions was finally too much for the young girl.

So much so, that the world would stop for the other three occupants in the room.

Rosie immediately dropped Lady Maria on the floor. And rushed to Joffrey, engulfing him in a tight hug.

All the males stood in shock, as the young girl was hugging. . .

THE KING?!

Each of them had mixed reactions to the girl's action.

Caretaker Aaron was both terrified and amazed. That cute little Rosie had the courage to hug the most powerful person in all of the seven kingdoms. If he told people this, they probably would've called him mad. He was proud for Rosie's bravery but was scared for her life.

Tyrion was both impressed and amused at the little one's action. No one is that brave or shall he say stupid. To outright hug his nephew. But he was also laughing on the inside at his nephew's predicament. 'Oh Joffrey, I wonder how you will handle this one?' He mocked in his subconscious.

Joffrey was a mixture of both startled and confusion. Until it was turned into pure irritation.

For one, here he was the king.

The ruler of all Westeros.

Was being hugged by a dirty. . . Orphaned. . . BRAT! Joffrey knew that his clean and expensive jacket would be probably heavily sullied. What he really wanted to do was push the girl off of him. Seeing her cry and have that pained look in her eyes like she had earlier would be nice to see again. However, if he did that then it would prove to the annoying orphan caretaker. That he wasn't fit to take care of a child and he would not only his uncle. But his mother and grandfather as well. All these complicated outcomes what was a king to do?

"Thank you", rang a small voice. Joffrey snapped his attention to the little girl that was still holding him around the waist. Joffrey stared at the girl's head, "What did you say?"

Rosie turned her eyes up to meet Joffrey. Joffrey now got a perfect look at the little girl's face.

Her eyes were red and a little puffy from quietly crying into his jacket of all places. Tears were still sliding down her cheeks albeit a slower pace. But what surprised him was the fact that a bright beaming smile was aimed directly at him.

Joffrey had heard from his mother that people can cry but not out of sadness but happiness instead. He never seen that happen to someone nor felt the feeling himself.

But he was seeing now. For the first time in his life, he saw it and from this little girl no less. The feeling was so overwhelming that Joffrey didn't realize that he was hugging the young girl back.

The feeling felt so strange. So foreign. That Joffrey didn't know how to respond to it. It was like he was in a mini daze, hypnotized if you will. So much so, that he started to pat the girl's tiny head.

Tyrion and caretaker Aaron were stunned silent for the third time that day. For a little girl was hugging the king. But the king was hugging back and seemed to enjoy the warmth of the embrace by patting her head.

The caretaker couldn't believe his eyes even though he was seeing it he still couldn't believe it.

Tyrion was surprised as well but he was actually smirking. Who knew his nephew had a soft spot for cute little things.

Tyrion then coughed into his hand thus breaking the mini spell off his nephew. "I know you're getting attached to your new daughter nephew. Unfortunately, we must cut this short it is indeed getting very late, and we need to get back to the keep."

Joffrey now out of his trance coughed and gently removed the little girl from his person.

"Yes! Yes, of course uncle."

He then faced the caretaker who was still in shock. "Caretaker, get the papers please. I am ready to finish this up and return home."

The caretaker snapped out of his stupor. "O-oh! Of course, your grace. The papers are over here." The caretaker exclaimed while rushing to his desk. Caretaker Aaron started to search through the bookshelf that had the tons upon tons of scrolls and pulled out one and placed it in front of Joffrey.

"Alright your majesty", said the caretaker while signing the adoption scroll. "Just sign here and Rosie will officially be adopted by you, your grace."

And just like that Joffrey signed the adoption papers. Making Rosie his (temporary) daughter.

Rosie was practically jumping for joy. She picked up Lady Maria and started to spin around the room. Cheering and smiling. The men minus Joffrey were smiling at Rosie's happiness.

Tyrion turned away from the cheerful girl to speak to his friend. "We will come in one week to take her back to Red Keep. Where she can live out her days happily in the palace walls."

The caretaker nodded, "I'll make sure she is ready by then, Lord Tyrion."

"Good then we'll be off. Say goodbye, Joffrey."

Joffrey looked at his uncle and then at the little girl, whom was now not cheering but staring at him expectantly.

The young king sighed, "Goodbye. . ."

"Rosie!" The little girl reminded him.

"Yes, farewell Rosie. Until, next week." Joffrey then made his way out the door his guards following behind him. Tyrion also left behind him but not before giving Rosie a smile and raising his eyebrows in a funny way. Which got him a little laugh out of the girl.

Then Tyrion, gave one last wave and closed the office door.

~Flashback Ends - Present~

Cersei was astonished. That not only was her son able to adopt a child but a daughter at that.

"My lion, when did you say that she was coming again?" Cersei asked her eldest.

Joffrey eyes shifted a little from his mother back to the garden's roses. "In a week. . . Why?"

Cersei nodded, "As I thought. I was hoping I heard you wrong. Well, time to get to work."

Joffrey turned towards his mother who was now getting up and out of her seat. "What do you mean mother?"

Cersei gave her son a pointed look, "What I mean, is that there is a new child coming into the palace. A daughter no less."

"So? I don't understand the point."

Cersei squinted her eyes at her son, "The point that I am trying to make my lion is that I have little time to prepare her a perfect room. I have to find the perfect theme for her, the flowers, the toys, dresses. . . Wait, didn't you say her name was Rosie?"

Joffrey blinked never in his life had he seen his mother like this. Ranting and raving over some room decorations and dresses.

"Yes, the young girl said her name was Rosie but. . ."

"Ah! I see, I know just what to do", Cersei interrupted clapping her hands together. Absolute giddiness was rolling off the dowager queen in waves. She then walked over to Joffrey placing a kiss to his temple like she did when he was younger. "Just you watch my lion. I am going to spoil my new granddaughter rotten."

Then Cersei glided out of the garden so fast it seemed like she was running.

Joffrey was now alone in the open space with nothing but his thoughts to entertain him. The young monarch sighed once again and focused his eyes on the roses once more.

"Your already making my mother fall in love with you when she hasn't even met you yet." He chuckled still gazing at the lovely plants' petals. "She already forgotten that this is temporary. I wonder is this experience is going be wonderful or full of troublesome outcomes for me."

Standing up Joffrey walked over to the bush that was decorated with pink roses. Taking the flower bud in his hand he whispered to the wind, "Only time will tell won't it little flower."

Joffrey then let go of the flower and walked back inside the Red Keep.

Missing the single rose petal that was carried away by the autumn wind.

************************************************************************************************************

~A/N~

Hey guys I just wanted to say I am sorry for not updating like I should. You see I had school stuff and I had work along with me graduating high school this summer. I promise to write more and updated more. So I hope this chapter makes up for that again I am super sorry. Hoped you enjoyed the chapter. See ya ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.1K 2K 27
Scillia Hildegard was the illegitimate child of Lord Philip Hildegard although she was officially claimed as his legitimate child, the first Lady bei...
51 0 5
Winter is coming. And the Stark's deadliest enemy is coming with it. The secrets of Winterfell cannot stay sealed forever as the ghosts of the Kings...
27.6K 951 10
A Aegon Targaryen fanfic: "It hurts knowing, that my family doesn't love me, but you do Aemma." The one-time Ser Laenor and Rhaenyra had been togethe...
188K 3K 38
Joffrey had always shown her nothing but kindness. It was the only nice side anyone saw of him when she was around, Amelia Baratheon his younger sist...