Avid Adopter

By Clichely

The Guardian of Negativity, sometimes called the King thereof. He's one of the coldest, meanest beings in the... More

A/N (Dadly important)
Prologue - Story
1 - Find
2 - Accept
3 - Adopt
4 - Teach
5 - Another
6 - Pet
7 - Save
8 - Guilt
9 - Addition
10 - Events
11 - Complete
12 - Play
13 - Days
14 - Nights
15 - Fears
16 - Farms
17 - Balance
18 - Age
19 - Blank
20 - Fluffy
21 - Trip
22 - Train
23 - Blast
24 - We're
25 - Blasting
26 - Off
27 - Again
28 - Worth
29 - Strings
30 - Test
31 - Questionable
32 - Paralyze
33 - Glasses
34 - Rodeo
35 - Alone
36 - Jail
37 - Surprise
38 - Conversation
39 - Frightful
40 - Kidnapped
41 - Probe
42 - Relax
43 - Storage
44 - Weapons
45 - Hobbies
46 - Work
47 - Hiding
48 - Captivity
49 - Interrogate
50 - Trouble
Interlude - Conversation
51 - Apologies
Epilogue: Conclude
Extra - Sick Day
What-If: Grandma
Christmas - 1 - Fireplace
Christmas - 2 - Gingerbread
Christmas - 3 - Letters
Christmas - 4 - Decorating
Christmas - 5 - Tree
Christmas - 6 - Cards
Christmas - 7 - Peppermint
Christmas - 9 - Fight
Christmas - 10 - Skating
Christmas - 11 - Eve
Christmas - 12 - Day
Dutiful - Cross

Christmas - 8 - Sansta

128 11 13
By Clichely

Santa has a lot of frisking names. The longest list I found has 124 of 'em. One of them had the first name "Vader," so Darth Vader is Santa in some parallel dimension. Imagine Darth Vader sitting on a Death Star (with a giant bag of toys trailing behind, of course) that is led by eight or nine tiny lil' reindeer. Enjoy that thought.

Comments are welcome and appreciated (especially if it's about Vader Claus)!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

I hadn't expected this request. I was aware that many families took their children to see a store Sansta around the holidays, but..I wasn't very sure if we would be accepted. It simply wasn't the same as what we normally did; we didn't need permission to make hot chocolate or to write letters..but we did need permission to meet a Sansta. If we showed up out of the blue, someone would know us, and they would likely cause a panic; it would have been worse if the Sansta knew us. 

"I'm not sure.." I shook my skull. "It would be dangerous, Error."

"But Sansta knows we aren't bad!" Error said. "He gave us lots of presents last Christmas, and we haven't been any worse this year!"

"Error, the Sansta you want to see isn't the real one." I decided to be honest. "The ones who work in stores simply dress up like him; the real Sansta doesn't have time to work in a store, since he's at one of the many South Poles in the multiverse, helping his elves make toys."

"..I thought Sansta lived at the North Pole.."

"No, that's the Sansta for individual AUs; each one has their own version of him, while the big one works in the multiverse."

"Ooh..then those movies we watch are from inside AUs?"

"Yes, that is the case." 

"What about the ones who work in stores? Are they the ones who live in North Poles?"

"No, Error; they live in homes with their families, and they look forward to seeing Sansta every year, too." 

"..What if the real Sansta wanted to see some children and took a job temporarily?"

"..Then I suppose it could be possible, but very unlikely; there are billions of store Sanstas in the multiverse, and the mere chance of the one you want to go to actually being him is..next to nothing. I'm sorry, Error."

"...Well..can we maybe try? Just once?"

"..." I sighed. "All right, Error, we'll try, but if the Sansta doesn't want to see us, I don't want any crying or complaining."

"Okay!" Error nodded, hugging me. "When do we go?" 

"Well, when is Sansta going to be meeting people?"

"Today!"

"..Then I suppose we'll go in about an hour."

"Yay!" 

"Go tell your brothers about our plans."

"Okay!" 

Error smiled happily, running off to tell his brothers where we were going; I wished I had the ability to say no sometimes..but that smile was worth going out of my way for. An hour wasn't a long time, of course, and by the time my boys were lined up and ready to go, it was time. I was honestly worried about how this would turn out, but I had done more dangerous things before, and I was sure that this would turn out fine..probably. After I had opened a portal to the store in which the Sansta was appearing, we all walked through, and..well, if people hadn't been afraid at the sight of me, I would have been worried. They didn't seem to know who I was, but they maintained a safe distance from my family, and that was fine. After establishing the fact that no one would be attacking us, we went on our way to the..line. Surprisingly, the line to see Sansta wasn't that long, and even more surprisingly, Sansta was a..Sans. Usually in AUs, Sansta would be played by a human, but it seemed that we were lucky this time. As we waited in line, my boys chattered happily about what they were going to ask Sansta for - mostly the same things they had included in their letters this year - and giggled in excitement; it was good to see them happy. 

When we came to the front of the line, we decided that we would go from youngest to oldest, and Error waited jovially for his turn to see Sansta; according to the sign in front, he had a limit of two minutes, though, which he thankfully understood. As soon as the child in front of us left Sansta's lap, Error walked up to Sansta, and he climbed onto the jolly skeleton's lap happily.

"Hello there, young one!" This Sansta certainly was jolly. "Have you been good this year?"

"Yep!" Error nodded. "I've been super good!"

"That's wonderful. And what would you like for Christmas?"

"I'd like a really special yo-yo; do you make those?"

"Depends on what kind it is; what does your yo-yo look like?"

"Well, instead of being round, the sides are stars, and when it spins, it looks super cool!"

"Ah, I believe I've seen those somewhere; they won't be able to do all the tricks that regular yo-yos can, you know."

"I know, but I'll still do some."

"In that case, I'll see what I can do for you. Have a merry Christmas, Error." 

"You, too, Sansta!"

With that, Error left Sansta's lap, and he waited for us at the other end of the meeting area; I would keep my eyelight on him, but I knew that he would be able to defend himself if anything happened, with his new strings. Next up was Cross, who wasted no time in approaching Sansta and sitting on his lap.

"Good afternoon, child." Sansta greeted. "Have you been good this year?"

"Yes, sir." Cross nodded. "I believe that I've been very good."

"That's very impressive. What would you like for Christmas, young one?"

"May I have a star chart? I live..far away..but that shouldn't be a problem for you, right?"

"No problem." Sansta assured. "I'll see what I can do. Have a merry Christmas, Cross."

"Thank you, sir."

Cross then left Sansta's lap, and he walked over to Error, who began to speak to him while they waited for the rest of us. Third to go see Sansta was Dust, who shuffled over hesitantly; he hadn't wanted to do it, but he had changed his mind when Error presented him with a soulbroken expression..no one could resist a sad Error. When he reached Sansta, he climbed onto his lap slowly, and he did his best to be brave.

"Hello, young one." Sansta was as joyful as ever. "Have you been a good boy this year?"

"..N-not really.." Dust shook his skull sadly.

"What could you have possibly done that was so bad?"

"..I-I killed people.." Dust was..painfully honest; Sansta somehow didn't seem to mind it.

"Would you like to know a secret?"

"..Okay?"

Sansta whispered something to Dust which I couldn't hear, but Dust's expression turned to utter shock when he heard whatever it was.

"Y-you do?" Dust questioned.

"I do." Sansta confirmed. "What would you like for Christmas, Dust?"

"..W-well..I don't really want..I-I only came up here for my little brother.."

"I understand." Sansta smiled in understanding. "You don't have to ask for anything if you don't want to."

"...I'm interested in woodworking.." Dust mentioned. "That's all I'll say."

"I'll do my best to oblige you."

"Th-thank you.."

"Merry Christmas, Dust."

"M-merry Christmas." 

Dust soon retreated from Sansta's lap to meet up with his little brothers, who hugged him tightly to congratulate his bravery, and likely to ask what had surprised him so much. The next to go up was Horror, who sat on Sansta's lap with a smile.

"Greetings, little one." Sansta chuckled. "Have you been good this year?"

"Um..I think so.." Horror was also worried about his 'nice' status being ruined by the negativity runs. 

"I'm sure you have. What would you like for Christmas?"

"I'd like to try something I've never tried before.." Horror shrugged. "Just anything, really."

"Food?"

"Uh-huh."

"I'll scour the world for a dish that you'll enjoy." 

"Thank you, Sansta." 

"Of course. Merry Christmas, Horror."

"Merry Christmas!" 

Horror joined his brothers, and they began to speak with him, too. Killer quickly walked up to Sansta, intending to give a detailed description of what he wanted for Christmas.

"Hello, child." Sansta greeted my eldest son. "Have you been good this year?"

"I've been great!" Killer grinned. "Have you?"

"Oh?" Sansta didn't seem to have been expecting that question. "I've been jolly, I suppose. What would you like for Christmas?" 

"I'd like a trick book for my pet; she can fly, so it's gotta have flying tricks!"

"A blaster?"

Killer gasped. "How'd you know?!"

"Sansta knows more than you'd think."

"Then..can you get me a trick book?"

"I already have it."

"Woah..thanks, Sansta!"

"You're welcome, Killer. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas!" Killer happily rejoined his brothers, and I walked over to them as well, but not before glancing at Sansta, who..winked at me; I didn't exactly understand it, but..I supposed that it was just a coincidence..probably. 

"Did you enjoy that, boys?" I asked, opening a portal home.

"Dad, that was the real Sansta!" Error proclaimed, when we reached the living room.

"How could you tell?"

"He knew our names! We never told him those!"

"Anyone with knowledge of the multiverse knows your names, Error."

"He didn't run!"

"That was unexpected, but the chance of his being the real Sansta.."

"He told me he was." Dust stated. "He knows about the multiverse, too."

"Dust, it's been stated that he knows about the multiverse."

"Not that multiverse, Dad - the multiverse!"

"..." I looked at Dust incredulously. "He told you that?!"

"Yes!"

"He also said that he already has my gift!" Killer was overjoyed.

"So..that was the real Sansta.." I hummed. "Interesting."

I would have to write him a thank-you letter.

~~~chapter end woot~~~

Beans see Sansta. 

Um..I have nothing else to add here..and I'm not at my word limit yet. 

So have some Star Sanses seeing the same Sansta, an hour later, because why not?

~~~chapter resume woot~~~

Dream boi.

~~~~~

We were adults. We were mature, and we were old, but that didn't seem to occur to Ink. Blue could get away with it, since he was the most innocent Sans in the entire multiverse, but Ink?! Ink was older than was, and he had begged me to come with him to see Sansta. I had to be the mature one and keep him in line, figuratively and literally (he had tried to cut in line fifteen times as we waited). Blue had also come, since he wanted to see Sansta too, and we had only waited twenty-five minutes to make it to Sansta. Ink, of course, went first, hopping onto the poor skeleton's lap; I was hoping that the cracking sound I heard was all in my mind.

"Aren't you a bit..old for this?" Sansta thought.

"I'll never be too old!" Ink giggled.

"Very well. Have you been good this year?"

"Oh, yes! I've been one of the best people in the multiverse, you know! I'm the leader of the Star Sanses, and we fight for all that's good!"

"I know. You do have a small problem with anger, though."

"I've been working super hard on it, though!"

"I suppose. What would you like for Christmas, Ink?"

"Well, first off, Broomie would like a bowtie, since he likes to go out to fancy restaurants sometimes. For myself, I'd like another art set, a new easel (my last one broke), a cat named Mittens, a new toaster because I broke the old one and Dream refuses to get me a new one, one of those French hats that artists wear, a platinum gilded palette, an ostrich named Cedric, a new sleeping bag, a genuine Sansta hat, my own reindeer (preferably a copy of Rudolph), a polar bear named Rufus, a train encyclopedia, a new board game, a blender, a new refrigerator to replace the one that I broke, a new window for Dream's house, a waffle maker, a light-up snowman, touchable fire, a new bathtub for Dream, my own candy store, and a sugarplum (since I don't know what they are, and I want one)."

"..Broomie will get his bowtie..and I'll see what I can do about the rest..merry Christmas, Ink."

"Merry Christmas, Sansta!"

Ink thankfully left on cue, and Blue skipped up to Sansta happily, sitting on his lap.

"Hello, Blue." Sansta must have known about the multiverse, since he knew who we were. "Have you been good this year?"

"Yep!" Blue nodded.

"Indeed.." Sansta paused. "What would you like for Christmas?" 

"Coal - a lot of it!" 

"..What..would you like coal for?"

"So I can give it to all the AUs who need it! Did you know that there are thousands of AUs where coal is the only source of power? They need that coal, and if I can give it to them, I'd be glad to give up any other Christmas gifts!"

"That's..very selfless. I'll see what I can do for you, Blue."

"Thank you, Sansta!"

"Merry Christmas, Blue."

"Merry Christmas!"

Blue cheerfully skipped to Ink, and I, in order to fulfill Ink's wishes, went up to Sansta, hoping that we weren't intruding on his day. I sat on the skeleton's legs carefully, just in case Ink had done something questionable earlier.

"Hello, Dream." Sansta greeted me with a smile. "Have you been good this year?"

"Yes, I've done my best!" I replied.

"Good. What would you like for Christmas, Dream?"

"Well..I write letters every year with my wish, but it doesn't ever come true.."

"What is your wish, Dream?"

"..I want my brother back..he has a family of his own, you know, and I just feel..left out. I know he doesn't want anything to do with me, but that doesn't change the fact that I want to see him.."

"Your wish is a hard one to grant, Dream; I can't make any promises. Would you like anything else?"

"..No, just that...maybe replacements for the stuff that Ink broke again.."

"Did he really break all that?"

"He didn't list half of the things in my house he has broken, and he doesn't even live with me; he has his own house, where I believe that everything that can be broken has been broken."

"Perhaps you'd like me to take away something for Christmas?" 

"If only that were possible.." I would have loved for Ink to lose his clumsiness, but I doubted that it would happen.

"Well, perhaps someday. Merry Christmas, Dream."

"Merry Christmas, Sansta."

I hopped off Sansta's lap, and I rejoined with my friends, who comforted me; they knew how much I missed my brother. 

Maybe, someday, we could be together again.

~~~chapter end woot~~~

Star beans see Sansta! 

Ah, over my word limit - perfect. 

Also, yes, Sansta knows about the multiverse.

I actually asked for coal for Christmas several years in a row, and to this day, I have not gotten a single piece of coal ;-;

Thanks for reading my Sansta writing!

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.6K 3.1K 18
'Dream' the guardian of hopes and dreams has finally given up, so he tries to erase his existence by jumping in the void.. But when he got there, h...
47K 2.1K 35
(The Bad Sanses act more or less like a group of misjudged people trying to help balance out their multiverse in this book :3) *no description availa...
102K 4.7K 152
It wasn't as if he didn't care for them. He did. That's why he did it, after all. He couldn't watch them suffer, so he did something about it. Dust...
3.8K 188 24
(Obsessed)Nightmare Sans x Blind Reader Trigger Warning! Abuse! For Mature Audiences ~~~ Y/n has known nothing but darkness her entire life. Blinded...