The Fate of Nenoria

By RSmooth

What was thought to be a normal colonizable planet for the Interplanetary Federation Union, a contingent of I... More

Chapter 1: Landing
Chapter 2: Knights & Demons
Chapter 3: Rescue the Sergeant
Chapter 4: Gen
Chapter 6: Let's Talk
Chatper 7: Mission Briefing
Chapter 8: The Royal Tragedy
Chapter 9: Gobo The Merchant
Chapter 10: The Sacobrel Manor
Chapter 11: Interactions

Chapter 5: Troubles at Outpost Delta

106 4 0
By RSmooth

Realising that he forgot to lock his room's door, the captured knight stares at Amelia and Kretschmer with their newly recruited native guide, Gen.

Amelia looks at Kretschmer, knowing he had made a big mistake.

"What is a knight the Order of Herleva doing here?" Gen says as she is shocked by Emeryn's presence.

"Order of the what now?" Amelia asks.

"The Order of Herleva," Gen explains. "The Order is the king's personal knights. They never leave the capital unless they are near the king."

Still, in her armour, the knight is in a state of confusion while trying to recover her memory, so she question's the three in front of her. "Where am I?"

"Oh ugh, your em..." Kretschmer struggles to find an excuse.

"You are at our house, we found you lying in the forest." Amelia cuts Kretschmer off.

Gen looks at the two, finding it hard to believe what they said but chooses not to interrupt.

"I see, thank you for taking care of me. Pardon me, may I ask for the names of my rescuers?"

"The name is Amelia, Amelia Cowan. The man next to me here is Otto Kretschmer. And our friend here is Gen. How about yours."

"I am Emeryn Sacobrel. Forgive me if I am rude, I do not recognise both of your names from any region I know of."

"It's fine. Were not from here."

She gives a glance around the inside of the outpost and finds it very strange. She sees Amelia and Kretschmer in their military uniform wondering if they were hunters.

At that moment, Emeryn remembers everything before she woke up. After a demon had saved them and fainted, two other demons came out of the forest, assuming they were there to rescue their ally. She found it odd since she thought demons don't rescue their comrades. She later found herself duelling with one of them while the other was fighting the other knights. She was able to put up a decent fight but was overpowered by its raw speed and strength. As a result, she got knocked out unconscious.

"D...DEMONS!" Emeryn shouts, thinking it was a trap to lure her in.

"Demons?" Both Amelia and Kretschmer looked at each other confused.

"You won't full me!" Emeryn panics. "I know you took me away so you could torture me."

"Ah shit, look," Amelia admits to Emeryn. 'We did kidnap you but we didn't intend to do any harm to you. We just didn't know at the time how to approach you so Kretschmer decided we 'take' you. Relax, your knight buddies are fine. We left them where we took you."

This didn't help the situation. Kretschmer was going to yell at her but couldn't. To his left, he notices Gen looking at him with a sickened look. Remind him of the reason why he is now called "The enemy of all women."

"Lies! Your illusion spell won't work on me." Emeryn ignores Amelia and pulls out a hidden knife from her leg holster. "I saw your kind kill my childhood friend right in front of me and you plan to do the same."

"Were not lying, this is just a misunderstanding. Just try and calm so we can explain everything to you." Kretschmer attempts to persuade her to deescalate the decision.

"Emeryn, I know it's hard to believe them but listen to what they have to say first." Gen tries to help too.

It was no use, Emeryn ignored what they said. She holds her knife out with both her hands pointing at the rest of them. She was too traumatized due to her recent battle with demons. If a situation like this happened on Earth or anywhere within IFU planets, the one's being held at knifepoint would have had right the right to bear arm's to defend themselves.

Remembering the general words about avoiding any unnecessary harm or deaths, this limited Amelia and Kretschmer's options.

Turning to their new ally, Kretschmer whispers to Gen for assistance. "Do you know any magic spells that would work in this situation without harming her?"

"I could use a sleeping spell but it would take time for me to chant it," Gen replies.

"That'll do for now" Kretschmer agrees, "Let us distract her for you to prepare. Gen nods agreeing.

"Amelia, do what you do best at annoying our knight friend here."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean," Amelia sees Kretschmer glare at her telling her that he has a plan. " Fine, yo Emeryn, that's your name, right? Woman to woman, let's just talk it out."

"You are no woman you filthy demon, just an ugly creature hiding beneath that deceitful face of yours." Emeryn retaliates.

"Hey, hey, hey. Those are some hurtful words you know. Are you even a woman?" Amelia continues with annoying Emeryn. "A woman shouldn't be using such vulgar words."

Amelia takes one step forward. "Stay back!" Emeryn notices. "One more step or I'll kill you, you demon!" Her hands shake unable to control her fear.

Amelia turns and asks, "Hey, how long am I supposed to keep this up?"

"Almost there," Gen replies as she secretly prepares to trigger the spell.

"Ugh," Amelia tires as she has to keep distracting Emeryn. She turns back towards her. "How am I a demon, I'm pretty sure I'm human. I look like one enough to prove to be one, don't you think so?"

"..." Emeryn remains silently unable to reply.

"Can't speak, cat got your tongue?"

"Shut up!" Emeryn screams as it echoes throughout the room.

Behind her, Sophia's room opens and she walks out of the room noticing the mess she's about to get herself into. Emeryn looks back distracted. Amelia notices the chance to disarm her before it's too late. She runs into her with full force and they both hit the ground.

Emeryn's knife slips out of her hand and Sophia grabs it still not knowing what's going on. She struggles while Amelia has the upper hand since she has training in karate since young. She grabs her and puts her into a chokehold while still laying on the ground.

"The spell's ready!" Gen announces.

Amelia grab's a hold of Emeryn and makes her stand up while holding her still, unable to move around or use her hands.

"Do it now!" Kretschmer orders Gen.

Her hair starts to float and glow bright green. Small purple lights come out of her hands as she puts them out. They quickly flow towards Emeryn and she begins to lose consciousness, forcing her to fall asleep.

"Holy shit, that was awesome!" Amelia yells out witnessing magic for the first time.

Everyone in the room was just as surprised to see magic for their first time too.

"You did good Gen," Kretschmer pats her shoulder praising her. She blushes at the unexpected compliment.

Sophia stands there still not knowing what's going on. Kretschmer realises she had missed out on their conversation with Gen. He then tells Gen to use the 'Magic Tounge' spell on her so she could understand her.

"Next time, remember to lock your door." Says Amelia.

"Hey, it...okay."

Gen laughs, "You people are very strange but I think I'll enjoy this new adventure of ours. Just so you know, since my house was destroyed with the rest of my belongings, including my money. May I live here for the time being until I can get my own place?"

"Dibs on having Gen as my room buddy!' Amelia calls out.

"That was quick, well there you go Gen." Kretschmer was surprised.

"And also, I'm taking Emeryn with me too."

"Why?"

"Why not, I just don't trust you having a vulnerable woman in your room. And this time, I'm tying her up so she can't escape. Unlike someone who decided not to."

"Hey! Fine, she's your responsibility. At least I can get my room back now."

--------------------

Meanwhile, Chain was still asleep in his room tired out from his sudden outburst during his fight with the demons.

He begins to dream but unlike his usual dreams, this one was different. He finds himself back in his room on Outpost Delta. He knows he was dreaming but he felt was awake.

An old man in a black cloak appears in front of him as he sits on his bed.

"Hey!" Chain calls out to the mysterious old man in front of him, " How did you get in here?"

"No need to be alarmed my boy," The old man replies, "I have no ill intent, I just wanted to have a simple chat with you."

Chain wonders if he was really in a dream or not. Reality seemed so distant yet he was communicating to someone which he shouldn't be able to.

"I won't take up too much of your time Xander Chain from 'IFU', your recent actions have piqued my interest. It's been so long since I've witnessed such a battle, foolish yet commendable."

"How did you know my name and who are you?" Chain asks in a demanding tone.

"Always the straightforward man." The old man takes a pause, "Ah..., it looks like we don't have much time left. Since I'm in a good mood today, I'll tell you who I am. My name is Barbaross. Keep this meeting a secret between the both of us. We shall meet again, Xander Chain."

Everything around him starts to violently collapse as if it was an earthquake. Chain notices the man who called himself "Babaross" fades away into nothingness.

"Wait!" Chain yells out in desperation.

He suddenly wakes up on his bed back at Outpost Delta drenched in sweat. To make sure he was awake this time, he pinches himself to confirm it. He gets up from his bed and walks out of his room. Walking to the lounge area, he encounters Amelia and Kretschmer sitting with a green-haired lady. Lying on the couch asleep, he recognises one of the knights he rescued from that attack. "But why is she tied up?" He asks himself.

"Mind explaining to me what's going on here?" Asks Chain.

"Oh, your awake Sergeant. You've got a lot of catching up to do." Answers Kretschmer.

"It seems like it," Chain replies in a sarcastic tone. "So who's the lady over there?" He points to Gen.

"Gen, do the thing." Says Amelia in a suspicious manner. "Your gonna love this." She then looks to Chain.

Gen begins to prepare the 'Magic Tounge' spell for Chain. To his surprise, he stands there in awe wondering what was going on. A second later, nothing happened. Before he realises, he sees Gen get up from her seat and walk in front of him nervously. She puts one of her hands out. It looked to him as she was asking for a handshake.

"Um... It is nice to meet you, Sergeant Xander Chain. My name is Gen and I'm going to be your native guide.

Not understanding what was going on at first, he puts his hand out to shake her's. "It's nice to meet you too, no need to be so formal. You can just call me Chain." They finish their handshake. "So, what was that earlier that I saw?"

"I cast the 'Magic Tounge' spell on you earlier so you could understand me."

"Pardon?"

"Sir, Gen here is a native of Orgon-4c or to be exact, 'Nenoria' is what they called this planet. Plus, she's half-fairy who can use magic. Isn't that cool!" Says Kretschmer's as his inner fantasy nerd nearly leaks out.

"Hold on a moment, this is too much." His brain was still recovering from his long sleep and suddenly gets told so many things at once. "Have you contacted command yet to tell them this first?"

"Yep!" Amelia responds. "You should have seen the look on my mum's face when we told her."

"That's not helping." Kretschmer steps in.

"Alright then, so what's the knight doing here. And why is she tied up?"

The three looked at each other scared to answer his question.

"Well, you see..." Kretschmer takes the initiative.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

I S T H M U S By Z13

Science Fiction

14.4K 448 40
Isthmus is now published! This draft of the story is no longer canon, nor is it of market quality. If you'd like to experience Isthmus in its finishe...
271 7 18
In the distant future, the Earth's biosphere is on the verge of ecosystem collapse. Nations plotted against each other using advanced weapons of mas...
407 4 15
In the year 3230, after The Second Big Bang, Captain Gaia, together with doctor Westy Wood decide to start a space organization that would save the s...
246 46 29
Journal Entry: SB-0001 December 18th, 2031 It has been about five months since the attack, and our meager fleet of ships are clinging to life. It all...