๐’๐๐€๐‘๐Š๐’ ๐…๐‹๐˜ | camilo...

By sofia_xy

โ His stolen glances turned into obvious staring, and yet she didn't notice. โž ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ... More

๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ
๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ

๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ

6K 272 278
By sofia_xy

𝐭𝐰𝐨

"   sun   "

A slight frown was settled upon Brielle's lips, her gaze fixed on one of the various cards lying on the floor in front of her.

Her fingers gently brushed the hard, but still paper-like material of the card, and curiosity glistened in her eyes as she studied the print, her head tilted a little to one side.

There was something strange about this card ‒ yeah, it might sound a little weird, but she could sense it. But she wasn't really able to figure it out. She knew her family thought it was pointless ‒ which she thought was stupid because the Madrigal family was literally proof of the existence of magic.

That's why Brielle wondered why Camilo thought it was stupid too. He was literally able to shapeshift, but of course the theory of being able to see the future through cards without being part of that magical special Madrigal family made no sense... right?

No, Camilo was stupid and not her cards.

So cards ‒ back to the current situation, the print on that one card that lay in front of her was kind of weird and Brielle could have sworn she had never seen it before. The reason she was so focused on this one particular piece was that this card had slipped through her fingers as she walked through town with her deck of cards in hand. And well, typically, Brielle, she thought it wasn't a coincidence and that this card meant something more.

Maybe it was a little stupid. But just a little.

So back to the print; two people were painted on it in side profile, standing with their backs next to each other and only their fingertips touching. But Brielle couldn't see their faces due the top half of the card was covered in paint. Different colors that looked like they had just been thrown on this rough, papery thing without knowing what exactly the purpose was. And the ones that stood out the most were blue and green... just weird.

Brielle suddenly stopped feeling the warmth of the sun on her skin and it was replaced by a shadow that loomed over her and distracted her from the card. The corners of her lips twitched in a slight smirk before she lifted her head and her blue eyes met the green ones of Camilo Madrigal.

"Hey there, princesa," she greeted in a sickly sweet voice that made Camilo raise an eyebrow, but he didn't move his gaze. "Admiring the view?"

Her words tore the boy from his thoughts and a faint blush covered his cheeks, but he doubted Brielle noticed. She never noticed such things.

Said girl cleared her throat quietly and held out her hand expectantly. Camilo rolled his eyes, took her hand and helped her to her feet. He tried to ignore the sparkling feeling he got when her hand lingered in his for a few seconds before she flashed him a grateful smile and slipped her cards into the pocket of her dress.

"I saw Mirabel and ya family singing and dancing around a few minutes ago," Brielle said, brushing her red curls from her face. "Just, uh, say... they didn't eat the galletas I left behind last time? No?"

Camilo shrugged nonchalantly, not really getting her question. "No."

"Oh," she breathed out. She seemed relieved. "Good."

Realization suddenly crossed the boy's eyes and his jaw dropped open. "Brielle... you didn't‒ "

"What!?" she interrupted him, her voice a little higher, which only confirmed his suspicions. "I don't know what you're talking about!"

There was a brief moment of silence before Brielle's lips twisted into a grin.

Camilo couldn't help but laugh a little and shook his head. But then his features turned to a frown when he noticed that Brielle's gaze was actually not on him, but on something behind him. "What are you looking at? I'm getting jealous."

Camilo blinked at his own words before giving another yelp when Brielle grabbed his arm and dropped her head against his shoulders as she sighed. "Mirabel is so pretty," she muttered, watching the Madrigal girl being chased around by some children. "Makes wonder how you two are related."

Once again Camilo's mouth flew open and he dramatically put a hand over his heart, glanced at Brielle and then at his Prima and then again at Brielle. "You‒ "

"Remember when I had a crush on Luisa," Brielle cut him off and started walking, pulling Camilo with her. The boy rolled his eyes in frustration.

"Yeah, really dark times ‒ HEY!"

Luisa Madrigal, who just happened to be walking past them, overheard this part of their conversation and had hit Camilo's shoulder. His hand rubbed the spot, scoffing and grumbling under his breath.

He stopped when he heard the angelic sound of Brielle's laughter and fixed his gaze on her. She suppressed her laugh and her lips curled up in a big grin, beaming at him. He felt a certain warmth rise in his chest again as he grinned back, took her hand and walked on.

She was his sun.

The reason he was went to see her ‒ besides wanting to be blessed with taking a look at her beauty ‒ suddenly sparked up in his mind and he let out a small, annoyed sigh. He cleared his throat and added a mocking edge to his tone, "Abuela officially invites you to Antonio's ceremony."

Brielle stopped dead in her tracks.

Then he noticed that she was wearing no shoes and was only walking around in socks‒

"What?" she asked slowly, furrowing her eyebrows. And then the rambeling began, "I mean, I would have come without an invitation anyway, or I would've forced you to invite me ‒ what?!" She let out a laugh that terrefied Camilo a little and he backed away, raising an eyebrow. "Your Abuela? I mean, I would understand Pepa or Julieta ‒ they love me! But your Abuela!?" Brielle stared at him with wide eyes and Camilo couldn't utter a word because of that stare. "She always watches me with that look ‒ as if she was judging whether I am good enough to be the friend with her precious Camilo-" She paused, letting out a gasp. "Does that mean that she finally approves of me!?"

All Camilo could do was nod.

"I mean, I don't really like her but that means so much to me!"

"Are you alright?"

It was as if she didn't even register his existence anymore. "Oh no, this is my last clean dress and it's ugly ‒ "

"I think your dress is pretty," he said, and Brielle scoffed.

Oh great.

"How come you think your opinion matters?"

Camilo grimaced, that offended look in his eyes. "Idiota, I'm just trying to give you a compliment and I'm insulted right away!"

Brielle waved him off. "Please, princesa, don't pretend you're the nicest person."

"Yeah, but when I'm mean, it's funny ‒ " Wrong words.

"You saying I'm not funny."

Camilo paused and a frown crossed his features. "Si."

"You're so sensitive‒ "

"And you're just rude ‒ even more than I am‒ "

"It's so cute."

Camilo choked on air.

...that happened a lot.

It were moments like this that made him think that maybe Brielle knew... and somehow felt the same way? But it was also possible that Brielle was just being Brielle. Because, yeah, she was blunt and always said what's on her mind...

That's what he loved about her.

Suddenly a woman caught his eyes and he gasped loudly, his eyes widening in panic. "The fish lady!"

Camilo hastily grabbed Brielle by the shoulders and pushed them into an alley, pressed her against the stone wall, while he carefully checked if the fish lady was still there.

Long story short, his Tio Bruno told her her fish would die and the next day dead.

Camilo let out a sigh of relief, looked back at Brielle, and froze. He was much closer to her than he first noticed. His gaze fell on where his hands were holding her wrist against the wall and he could feel his face getting hotter as well as his nervousness. His gaze met Brielles, who had raised both eyebrows, and he opened his mouth, but the words died on his lips.

They stayed that way for a few seconds before Brielle cleared her throat, the corners of her lips slightly quirked up. The boy hesitantly let go and stepped back, playing with the edge of his ruana. "Sorry," he muttered, the words seeming hard to leave him.

"All good," Brielle smiled, brushing her hair out of her face.

This caused Camilo to tilt his head a little while studying her face. Brielle slipped her hands into her pockets and gave him a smile before turning the corner. He was continued standing there, his mind racing... But then he started to grin.

Camilo couldn't really believe it, but for a brief moment a light blush had settled on her cheeks.

- lexa's wife -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 14.6K 90
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
222K 5.3K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
984K 53.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
997K 39.4K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...