แด…แดแดกษด โœ”๏ธ

By tinajomattel

"I shot for the sky I'm stuck on the ground So why do I try I know I'm gonna fall down" "I thought I could fl... More

DOWN <LUKE PATTERSON>
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER TEN

3.6K 65 4
By tinajomattel

CAN'T BLAME A GIRL FOR TRYING

LEE WAS SAT on the Molina's couch. The one in the garage, specifically. Since her and Julie joined the band, they need to make songs for them to perform. So, that's exactly what Luke and Lee were doing.

       Luke grabbed two pencils, "How's this for a beat," he hit them against the table for a song they started working on.

       Lee bobbed her head to the sound, "I like it. Gives powerful vibes." Luke smiled at her as she wrote the beat down in her song book. The blonde sighed, "Alright, we got the lyrics, and most of the beat, what should the name be?"

And that's how Lee and Luke spent their whole Saturday. It took them all day to finally come up with a name, which was Luke's idea, by the way. He thought it to be ironic since him and the boys are ghosts.

       They made sarcastic and inside jokes the whole time. When Julie walked in, they kicked her out in fear of her hearing the unfinished product. They punched each other's shoulders and would occasionally throw their heads back in laughter at something funny the other said. It's a surprise that they actually got any work done.

       The blonde had gotten home late. Luckily no one was up to scold her. She went to her room and got prepared for bed. She placed her song book on her dresser for when she'll need it tomorrow, and fell asleep with a huge smile on her face.

Sunday morning was an early-bird moment for Lee. She was awake early enough to watch her dad leave for work. He had asked her why she was up at this time and she just shrugged as she ate more cereal and explained that she's going to Julie's later.

He nodded along and left so he wouldn't be late. He has to go to a couple studio's for up and coming singers and people who have talents in the music industry.

       Lee placed her empty bowl in the dishwasher and went upstairs to brush her teeth. On her way up, she hummed to the song her and Luke made. It's very catchy and she can't wait to create more songs with him. He's just easy to work with, and funny.

When Julie gave her the "okay" text to come over, Lee grabbed everything she needed and quickly left her house. It was still early in the morning and she didn't want to wake her sister up.

As the blonde reached the Molina residence, Julie was walking to the garage. "Hey, Jules," Lee waved to her best friend.

       "Finally, you're here! Luke has been whining, asking when you were gonna show up to write," Julie said with a knowing smile.

       Lee laughed, thinking it was a joke, as her and Julie walked into the studio. When Luke saw Lee, he sat up straight and waved.

       "I think that's our cue," Reggie whispered to Alex and the pair whooshed out of there.

       Luke and Lee turned to Julie. The blonde started to push her friend away, "Okay. We'll see you later, Jules. You know the protocol, no one is allowed in until the songs are complete." Julie didn't fight back as she let her friend push her out of her own garage.

       After pushing her friend out, Lee shut the doors and sighed happily, "Alrighty, where should we start?"

><><><

       Caroline had finally gotten home. Her and Luke had spent the whole weekend in Julie's studio writing songs. They spent so much time laughing and putting beautiful melody's together. They even laughed at each other when one snorted at a joke.

       She got home pretty late and Carrie was waiting up for her, "Late night making songs?"

       "Yeah, sorry about that, Care. But," she dragged the word in excitement, "I have a song that we could sing together. It's not finished, but I do have the chorus. It goes...

'Cause I'm young and I'm dumb
I do stupid things when it comes to love
And even if I always end up crying
Well, you can't blame a girl for trying, oh oh

You can't blame a girl for trying, oh, oh"

       Carrie jumped from her seat and clapped her hands in joy, "That sounds so good, Bear! What do you need help with?"

       "Well, I was wondering if we could record you playing the ukulele in the studio since you are more talented at that instrument than I am. And I wanted you to sing with me. Maybe we could post it on Youtube or something, you know? Call it the Wilson Twins," Lee smiled, spreading her hands out in a rainbow formation.

       "Well, let's get started then!" Her sister urged and they ran to the studio with Lee's book in hand.

       "Hey, girls. Where are you going?" Their dad was walking past them to the kitchen for a snack.

       The both of them squealed back in unison, "We're gonna record a song!"

       He couldn't believe his ears. His daughters were finally singing together. And they seemed very excited about it. He chuckled at their eagerness and continued to look through the cabinets for chips.

In the studio, the girls were setting up the microphone to play the ukulele part. It was the same couple of cords so that was easy to finish.

They spent the rest of the night writing the rest of the song. They ignored their father's calls about the time and even shut the door on him so he wouldn't ruin the take.

They took turns going in and out to edit the volume and hit certain notes. Once they believed they were done, they edited the words together to make the song sound perfect.

When they were finally done, they took their dads video camera and filmed them around the house. They laughed and sang everywhere. There was even a point where Carrie was singing on the kitchen counter with a spoon and Lee placed the camera down at a certain angle so she could join her.

After getting enough footage, the two went back into the studio and edited the clips with the song. They had to make sure their lips were in sync with the right words or else it would look odd. When it was one in the morning, they had finished. Together, they pressed the post button on their shared Youtube channel.

"Done," Lee breathed. She was so excited to do this project with her sister, no matter how long it took.

"So," Carrie smiled, "Who's it about?" She wanted to know who the lucky fella that stole her sisters heart is.

Lee looked at her sister wide-eyed, "What? It's not about anyone?"

"Seriously? The second line literally says, 'Why does the guy thing have to be so complicated'."

She shrugged, "Well, it isn't about anyone."

"Is it about one of your band members? Please don't be the guy in leather. He's cute and all, adorable even, but I'm pretty sure Kayla likes him."

"No!" Realizing how defensive that sounded, she grew quiet, "No, it's not about a band mate. And Reggie and Kayla would be so cute!" She gushed.

Carrie giggled and nodded ecstatically, "I know!"

The twins dove into a discussion about the ship and life as they had a sleepover in Lee's room. She noticed how she got all nervous when her sister suggested that the song was about someone.

       Was it? Even she didn't know.

><><><

       The blonde skipped into school with her earphones in. She liked taking her time during the day to just listen to music with no worries.

       She was listening to the song Carrie and her had made. She walked through the halls pretending to play the ukulele as she hummed the song.

       When she reached her locker she saw three of her favorite people waiting for her. She smiled at them, took out her earbuds and opened her locker.

       Liam sighed, "Ah, it is so nice to see you back to your weirdo self."

       "Hey! I am not a weirdo," she defended.

       "Well, you are definitely a dork," Julie said in and odd tone that seemed to have flown over Lee's head.

       "Thanks for that. Truly," she nodded sarcastically and they laughed.

       "So how's the band? Still hot? Still talented? Still dead?" Flynn whispered to the guitarist and pianist.

       "Amazing," Julie said, "Lee and Luke spent the whole weekend in my garage writing songs. I wasn't even allowed in until a song was finished."

       Lee nodded enthusiastically, "It was a blast! You guys wanna hear them, now, since they're done?"

       "Duh!" They spoke in unison before following the song writer to the music room.

       "It was like all the musical juices were just oozing out of me! I didn't even stop until one in the morning when I wrote a song with Carrie."

       "First of all; never say oozing again, ever, "Liam shuddered in disgust, "And, second of all; I saw that on youtube. How are you not freaking out? You are all over the internet!"

       Lee rolled her eyes, "I'm not all over the internet. I'm just on mine and Carrie's youtube channel. Plus we were both in the video having fun so I posted it."

       Flynn looked up from her phone, "Uh, Lee, when Liam said all over the internet, he meant all over the internet. Your song went viral!"

       "What? We posted it last night!" She grabbed Flynn's phone and saw the views, likes and dislikes. Those made her a little sad so she decided to not check the comments, in fear of them saying rude things.

       She gave Flynn her phone back. "It's okay. Everything is fine," she tried to convince herself. "Um, you guys still wanna hear the songs?"

       "Definitely, but I will be watching this later!"

       Caroline smiled and grabbed the school's guitar, "Okay, this is the first song Luke and I wrote. Here's a bit of the chorus...

I just wanna know you, know you, know you

'Cause all I know is we said, 'Hello'
And your eyes look like comin' home
All I know is a simple name
And everything has changed"

       "Wow! I like it," they all agreed. "Definite Taylor Swift vibes," Jules nodded in thought.

       "Thanks!" she laughed, "Oh! I think we have an anthem for the next one. It kind of what inspired me to write the other song with my sister. Check it out.

Don't stop
Taking all of my time
Make it all yours

Just keep on,
'Cause my heart likes the rush
So, please give me more
More more more"

       "That's... Thats beautiful," Liam smiled fondly at his best friend. He had always hoped that she would find her confidence and he's glad to see that Luke brought it out in her.

       Lee smiled at them, blushing from the applause. "And my girls got a crush, and his name is Luke," Flynn announced.

       She looked at the ceiling and grumbled under her breath, "Why is everyone saying that?" She looked back at them, "No. Luke's a ghost."

       "A cute ghost," Julie puffed her cheeks before letting out the air as she nodded in agreement to Flynn. The girl with braids smirked knowingly as she saw movement beside Jules.

       The blonde smiled and looked at her guitar pick, "With a perfect smile. And a hatred for sleeves."

       "Ha! I knew it! Since the first day when he made you all flustered!" Julie waved her arms in the air towards the girl who was putting the instrument away.

       "When was this? When did he make her flustered?" Flynn was intrigued and Julie began telling her everything. From the eye contact, to the chin hold, all the way to the ceiling comment.

       "Hey," Liam said from beside her, making her look up, "Just remember he's made of air. I know you have the ability to touch them, or whatever, but I don't want you to get hurt."

       "Thank you, Liam," she smiled and hugged him. This boy has been the brother she never had and she couldn't be more grateful for him.

       "Oh, my god! You guys obviously have a connection!" Flynn broke them apart after Julie finished telling her the story. "Everybody's wondering when you five will play again. This time combined," she gushed to the girls.

       They looked at each other confused, "Play again? We don't even have anything planned."

       Lee nodded in agreement, "Yeah, all Luke and I have been doing has been focusing on writing songs."

       Liam coughed and tightened his imaginary tie, "Lucky for you, your marketing team has been way ahead of you." Him and Flynn smirked at each other.

       "We don't have a marketing team."

       Flynn took off her backpack and rummaged through it. Once she found what she was looking for, she held up a pile of fliers and did jazz hands, "Yes, you do! And surprise! You're playing the school dance tonight, and I'm DJ-ing too."

       She handed the girls the fliers, "I posted it all over social media. You have an excellent marketing team. And with Lee going viral over night, people outside of school will want to come. They can't, obviously, but—"

       "No. No. This is in front of the whole school." The girls argued. The first time was terrifying enough and all the backlash they got from their friends ignoring them was terrible.

       Flynn and Liam's phones buzzed as they got more notifications that their post was liked, "Sorry, you already have 468 likes."

       Julie and Lee looked at each other with a huff. Their friends had already made an instagram account without them knowing!

Down <Luke Patterson>

(🎤) T TIME!

       Sister bonding time! Whoop!

       Did anyone else notice when I had Lee say oozing like a certain band member? 👉

><><><

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 2.7K 29
Elise Wilson leads a very different life than her twin sister, Carrie. When she realizes that she can see three - very annoying - teenage ghosts, she...
35K 659 23
you're best friends with flynn and julie, they've always been there for you especially through you losing your passion to sing and you've been there...
32.5K 548 48
This is a story in the POV of Luke Patterson and rarely from other people's POV from Jatp. It's the night of the Orpheum and the band can touch each...
3.3K 95 11
After ๐•๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐š ๐๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ž's death, she found very little love in music anymore. Singing for shows every night at the Holly Wood Ghost Club was...