Walk On The Wild Side [Not Ed...

By itsjustmejessica14

Read at your own RISK! [Originally called Crush On The Bad Boy] Socially awkward Victoria Pennington is a com... More

P R O L O G U E [ S N E A K P E A K + T R A I L E R + C A S T ]
Prologue
1. "You can never get rid of me"
2. "What are you really hiding Tori?"
3. "Tori, just get in the damn car!"
4. "Why a gay stripper bar?"
5. "I'll give it back to you if you give me some answers."
6. "Just leave me alone, Carter"
7. "I dare you to kiss me."
8. "Who knew the bad boy is a softie"
9. "She's back"
10. "I'm here if you need me"
11. "He doesn't do love he bangs different girls, every day"
12. "All things go back to Daniel"
14. "Aww Kitten, you worry about me."
15. "I'm here for you Tori, I'll be by your side."
16. "Do it now Carter!"
17. "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."
18. "You are so stupid Tori."
I have a Snapchat account?
19. "Do you have feelings for him?"
20. "What secret?"
21. "Did you just smell me?"
22. "I'm sure you'll figure it out Kitten, your smarty brain will help you out."
23. "I'm giving you an offer."
24. "surveillance camera"
25. "Only Two Weeks Left"

13. "did he just call me Kitten?"

6.9K 270 43
By itsjustmejessica14

listen to music on the side >> 

Chapter thirteen – “did he just call me Kitten?”

“Hey Tori,” I closed my eyes tightly. I turned around and forced a smile.

Brittney, off course it would be you.

“Hey,” I said. I didn’t give one glance at Carter.

I noticed that Carter still had his hands on Brittney’s waist, I looked away feeling something in my chest.

“So what are you still doing here?” I looked at Carter quickly, I was supposed to ask him about his trip to Mexico and the fact that he’s been lying to me the whole time. I looked away from him as he was focusing on taking out his cigarette. “I mean everyone’s left.” She asked, the look on her face wanted to slap her. No kidding. Surprisingly Carter was quiet, as he started smoking the cigarette while looking at me, I can just see from the corner of my eye.

Idiot.

I realised Brittney was waiting for me, probably why Carter was looking at me.

“Oh er…” lie Tori. “I was just about to head over to my car.” What a good excuse Tori, I thought sarcastically. It wasn’t the best I guess but that’s all I could think of at the moment.

“Ah,” she trailed off. She then smirked, “Carter baby? Come over my place later on, my parents aren’t in.” She winked at him, I scrunched my nose in disgust.

Slut.

I didn’t want to hear anything anymore, so I started walking away.

Until she stopped me again.

“Tori?”

What does she want now?

I forced a smile and turned around. “Yes?”

She gave a fake smile. “One more thing before you leave,” the devil look on her face explained it all.”

She picked up what looked like coke, what is she doing?

“Brit-…” Carter’s words got cut of when Brittney poured the coke on top of my head. She shook the bottle not wasting a single drop.

“You idiot!” I screamed, I was soaking wet.

She laughed. “Well, I guess karma’s a bitch.” She pushed past me. “See you later Carter.” He didn’t bother replying to her, instead he was busy looking at me as I did the same.

I looked away feeling sticky, yuck!

I’m so going to get back at that slut.

I rolled my eyes not wanting to stay here even longer since Carter wasn’t going to say anything. I walked away from him soon realising that my car was nowhere to be found.

Damn it, I didn’t take my car today.

I came on the school bus, which probably has left by now – no it’s already left.

“Kill me already,” I said looking up the sky. I started crying with no tears falling down, I didn’t like the fact I was feeling sticky and gross. Now I have to walk home like this.

Could my day get any worse.

I guess I have to walk home now.

I wiped away some of the coke that was on my face, I made a face then readjusted my bag.

“Hey Nerd!” I heard Carter’s voice, I rolled my eyes and carried on walking.

“Nerd?” he tried again.

“Nerd?” he sang, my lips twitched up in a smile.

He doesn’t understand that I’m not in the mood to talk to him or anyone.

“Nerd?” this time his hand latched on my wrist, he spun me around as he looked at me in the eye. “Why do you keep walking away?” I didn’t answer him to be frank, I didn’t like the coke on me.

He lightly chuckled as he moved a few strands of my hair away from my face. I looked at him while he was doing that, I stared at his dark brown eyes.

His lips curl up into a smirk. “Take a picture, it will last longer.” He winked.

Rolling my eyes and noticed that there wasn’t much space between us. I pushed his chest as he stumbled backwards surprised and amused expression plastered on his face.

“Go away.” I said childishly which caused him to laugh.

I barely took two steps, he grabbed my wrist again and pulled me towards him with so much force.

I looked at him with wide eyes. “I’m not going to leave you alone, Cupcake.” He replied with a smirk, It almost felt like I couldn’t breathe.

God that was sexy though.

“You’re getting a ride with me,” he said pulling me towards his bike. “Plus I already knew you didn’t bring you’re car.”

I stopped walking, which caused him to stop.

He furrowed his eyebrows. “Why did you stop?”

I took my wrist away from his touch.

“I’m not coming with you.”

He cocked his head on a side as he smirked. “Scared already Cupcake?”

I fiddled with the hem of my t-shirt. “No, I just...”

He came closer to me, “You’re scared, I can see it in your eyes.”

The truth was, I wasn’t scared. I just didn’t want to be in way of Carter, he was supposed to go to Brittney’s after. If she found out that he dropped me home then she would do something worse than what she did to me a few minutes ago.

I looked at Carter and he had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Why are you star-…” my words got cut off when he picked me up bridle style, I was scared of falling so I held on his collar of his shirt.

He chuckled, his chest vibrating.

He placed me on his motorbike, he handed me the helmet.

I didn’t put it on my head, and he noticed. “Put it on.”

I looked away embarrassed. “I would, it’s just that I’ve got coke all over me.” I said gesturing to my whole body. “Especially my hair.” I trailed off.

“Put it on, unless you want your head to smash open.” That terrified me so I quickly put the helmet on, not before catching him with a half boyish smile.

I realised he didn’t put on a helmet, “What about you?”

“Don’t worry about, worry about yourself.” He said hopping on the bike, he looked at me behind his shoulder. “Hold on tight Cupcake.” 

He roars the engine to life, as I shriek and grab on to Carter waist like my life depended on it.

***

After Carter drops me back home, he said he had something important to do so he left as soon as he can.

I finished having a shower and felt better. I’m glad it’s the weekend, I don’t have to see Brittney’s face, although I do have to get back at her.

I want to blame Serena but this isn’t her fault, she was just sticking up for me. If anything it was my fault, for not leaving sooner. I should of just left and ask Carter another time about why he lied.

I got myself dressed and blow dried my hair.

I went downstairs in the kitchen, and poured myself some orange juice.

Dad and Maggie were out for an important business meeting, which left me alone at home. It was currently 6:00pm, and it was looking dark outside.

I took a sip out of my drink, until I heard a tap on the back door.

I furrowed my eyebrows at who it could be at this time of night.

I looked around, I found a pan. It’s better than I nothing I guess.

Tiptoeing to the frying pan, I grabbed and it slowly walked over to the door.

“3..2…1-….” I opened the door, ready to hit whoever it was.

“AHHHH!” we both screamed.

I looked at him, what the hell is he doing here?

“What the hell?!” he yelled.

I calmed down, “I thought it was some kind serial killer on a loose.” I just nervously.

“So you thought that bringing a frying pan will help?” he asked amused expression on his face.

I looked down in embarssement. “What else can I do? I was panicking.” I said glaring at him.

He laughed, putting his hand on his stomach and laughing out loud.

“Ha – ha I appreciate that I can be very entertaining for you.” I said sarcastically.

“Oh you can definitely be entertaining for me,” he winked.

I finally catched on what he had meant.

I crossed my arms over my chest. “Why are you here?” go away.

He composed himself. “I need a favour.” Carter asking me for a favour? That’s a first, he’s never asked for anything.

“What is it?” I wondered curiously.

“I need a ride.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What happened to your bike?”

He rolled his eyes. “Don’t you think I would take my bike if I knew it was working.” He scoffed.

“Okay fine, but where are you going?”

He sighed, “What’s with the questions?”

“Well I think I need to know since I’m the one that’s driving.” I said in an obvious tone.

He rubbed his forehead and let out a frustrated sigh. “I’ll tell you the directions, now can we go. I’m getting late.”

I rolled my eyes, “Okay bossy pants.” I said grabbing my car and house keys.

“I heard that.”

Good, you were meant to. I felt like saying but I didn’t.

***

“Turn left, then right and just drive straight.” Carter said.

I looked around streets, doesn’t seem very safe. There was no street lights, so it was only the headlights you’ll see.

“Are you sure we’re going the right way?” I asked feeling something in my stomach.

He sighed. “Yes.”

“Have you been here before?” I asked, of course he has!

“Can you just stop with the questions.”

I rolled my eyes turning right. “Well I would if you told me some answers.” I mumbled.

I drove straight not knowing when to stop.

“Stop!” his voice startled me.

I slammed on the brakes making me and Carter go forward.

Always remember to put your seat belts.

He got out of the car, shutting the door on his way out.

I furrowed my eyebrows, is this how he’s going react when I drove him all the way over to some random creepy place?

I get out of my car.

“Hey!” I shout.

He turned around. “What?” he said looking bothered.

“Don’t I get a thank you, for driving you all the way here?”

He rolled his eyes. “Thank you.” He said scarastically.

I forced a smile. “See now was that hard?”

He looked pissed off, he turned around again.

I bite my lip, I can’t just leave him alone without anything for him to go back home.

This place gives me the creeps, oh whatever.

I slammed the door shut. I locked my car and followed Carter without him noticing.

God he walks fast.

What is this place? It looked a like a basement?

It was definitely cold though.

This place is scaring me, it was pitch black? How can he see in this dark?

And what the hell is he doing here?

I accidently trip on something, crap! I guess my clumsiness definitely didn’t pay off.

I closed my eyes tightly, hoping no one saw me.

I took out of my phone from my pocket and turned on my torch, this definitely looked like a basement.

I walked up the steps silently, this place is definitely old.

Where the hell is he?

I saw a door that was open.

A man with blond hair was holding a gun, at a man who looked like he was in his fourties who was sat on the chair.

He looked terrified.

“Please don’t, I can’t bare to lose my wife or my children.” My lips parted.

Carter was there standing there next to the man who was holding the gun.

What the hell?

My eyes were big, it’s like I forgot how to breathe.

I quietly tried going down the steps, but bad luck seems to always come to me.

I tripped over something.

“Fudge.” I muttered.

“Who is there?!” a man with a loud voice called out.

I closed my eyes tightly, please don’t see me.

“Carter go check on it, while I deal with this man.”

I had to save the man as well, I did what I thought was right.

I got up from the floor and showed my face to Carter, the man with blonde hair and the man who was sat on the chair, he looked a little relief to see someone innocent looking.

I couldn’t blame him though.

Carters eyes darken, oh no.

“Who are you?” the man with blonde hair asked.

I licked my lips, my heart pounding in my chest. I looked at the gun he was pointing at me.

“She’s with me, Tommy.” Carter narrowed his eyes at me.

I looked down.

The guy with blonde hair called Tommy, smirked at me as he came closer.

“What’s your name beautiful?” he asked, at the back I saw Carter tense.

“Ur-…” Carter cut me off.

He came to my side. “This is Windy, she’s a friend of mine.” Tommy nodded smirking down at me, this made me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

I wondered why Carter lied?

Tommy steps away from me. “Well nice meeting you Windy.”

“Same thing to you.” I replied, scared.

He looks back at the man in the chair, what he does next surprises me. Tommy started untying the rope behind the chair.

“Off you go, you better give me the full payment by next week. Got it?” the man nodded in shock, he ran away but not before giving me a smile, I returned one back.

Tommy kicked the chair, making me jump.

He noticed that me and Carter were still here.

“What are you two doing here? Go!” he yelled angrily.

Carter wasted no time and pulled me by the arm.

Once we came out of the basement, away from Tommy so he couldn’t hear us.

Carter let go of my arm angrily.

“What were you thinking?!” he yelled.

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Why didn’t you leave?!”

It was my turn to shout back. “So what you thought that I was going to leave you alone? With no transport to get back?” I laughed bitterly. “You must think I’m stupid.” His eyes softened.

“You shouldn’t of came here.” He said, his eyes boring into mine.

I ignored what he said. “Why was Tommy holding a gun to a man’s forehead?”

He sighed, frustration was written on his face. “Can you just leave it?”

“No.” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

“Okay, I’ll explain everything another time, you should be going home.”

I obeyed. “Fine, you better tell me another time.” He looked at me amused.

I started walking to my car.

I stopped and looked back at Carter who wasn’t that far away from me.

“Did you think I would leave you alone there?”

He ran a hand through his hair. “I was hoping you had already left.”

“Why?”

He sighed. “You didn’t have to see any of these, I know how much you hate violence.” I blushed, how did he know I hated violence?

Good thing he didn’t see going red in the dark.

“Oh.” Was all I could think off.

“Come on, we better get going home. It’s nearly midnight, it’s past your bedtime,” he said winking.

I glared at him for being childish at this time, but he wasn’t wrong.

“Thanks Kitten.” I stopped at the door of my car, did he just call me Kitten?

He smirked getting inside the car.

---END OF CHAPTER THIRTEEN---

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter? Comment down below on what you think of this chapter :)

DEDICATION: What was your favourite part and why?

I’ll try to edit this chapter soon. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 127 40
Riley Devin is just a sixteen year old girl, she isn't popular, she only has a couple friends, she's a nerd, and she has been getting over her first...
254K 6.3K 39
Colton glared at her. "Not in a million years would I ever date you." Maya is the new girl and she has an odd description; bitchy, careless, funny, a...
263K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
15.2M 303K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...