Dreams Do Come True (A One Di...

By Maria_Camilleri

DON'T READ! IT'S BAD. JUST A WARNING..... How it starts: A dream relationship? Literally. She dreams about a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 17

59 2 1
By Maria_Camilleri

This chapter is up because of Morgan. :) 

She bugged me to update. Lol. 

I wanted to anyway...

So here it is!!

Chapter 17!! :D

Liam-- 

I walked down the hallway to go get Zayn. Passing a few nurses, I realized that we had been here a couple nights and not one time did anyone say that we had to leave because visiting hours were over. That's weird. We need to make a trip back to the house anyway, for fresh clothes. And I think I'm going to take Morgan out today instead of Friday. I know it's 3 days early, but hopefully she doesn't have school or work or anything to do today. 

Stepping through the doorway of Liz's room, I saw her stroking Zayn's hair as he slept, his head on the bed while he sat in the chair next to it. 

Liz looked up and smiled at me. 

"He's been out for a while. I didn't want to wake him, he looked so tired," she whispered to me. I nodded and was about to speak, when Jeff, the nurse from before, came in. 

"How are you feeling, Elizabeth?" he asked her, softly, obviously not wanting to wake Zayn either. 

"I feel fine now. My chest aches when I breathe, but it's not unbearable. When am I able to go home?" she replied, adding her own question. 

"Today, if you're X-rays come back okay. We need to do another set, just to make sure that your rib won't puncture a lung or cause any other damage, and if that's fine, you can go," he smiled a bit. 

Liz gave him a smile back. 

"When will the X-rays be?" I asked. 

Turning to me, he answered my question. 

"Right now, if that's okay," he turned back to Liz. "We can take you back now and be done in a few minutes." 

"I'll get Zayn. He should eat something anyway," I said, walking over to the sleeping boy. 

"Zayn," I called, shaking him. "Zayn." 

"Babe, wake up," Liz said and his eyes opened, looking directly into hers. Smiles lit up both of their faces. 

"What did you need?" Zayn asked her. 

"I need to go get X-rays done. Go with Liam to eat. I'll be back soon," she told him. 

"Okay, babe," he said, standing up and kissing her softly. 

"I love you, Liz." 

"I love you, too, Zayn." 

He turned to me and we watched Jeff unhook some things and get Liz's bed ready to move. As he pushed her out into the hallway, Zayn and I walked out, going together opposite way.

Niall-- 

Jillian and Morgan were still giggling. 

"Hey, Harry? You were over there, why are they laughing?" I asked him. He came and sat next to me after he left the girls. 

"I can't tell you, mate. They started after I came over here," he said, distractedly. His eyes flicked over to Louis a few times. What was with him? Harry was acting weird and Louis was, too. He was just sitting in the corner, not doing anything. No screaming, or running around, or anything. Just sitting, staring at the wall... 

"Is Louis okay?" I asked Harry. He flinched a little at the sound of Louis' name, but relaxed quickly. 

"I'm not sure. He got weird while I was talking to him earlier," he looked at me. "I don't know what's wrong. But I'm scared." 

Woah, what? 

"Why are you scared? It can't be your fault," I told him, resting my hand on his arm. He stared at my hand for a minute before asking me a question. 

"Can I tell you something?" 

"You can tell me anything, Harry," I said, sincerely. 

"Promise you wont repeat this. Ever?" he asked. 

It's something big. Harry never acts like this. He's not a serious kind of person. Not usually. 

"I promise," I confirmed. 

"Okay. I've never told anyone this. Nobody else knows but me, well now you, but I have to tell someone or I'm going to explode or go crazy or something. Niall," he looked right into my eyes. 

"I'm in love with my best mate. I'm in love with Louis Tomlinson. And I have been for a while."

Louis-- 

I just can't. 

There are somethings in this world that work and others that don't. Like cars. 

Well, not like cars. 

What am I even thinking about? 

I am so confused. And frustrated. 

I can't get this person out of my head! 

My hands went to my head, fingers curling in my hair and pulling. The slight pain gave me an edge to my feelings. 

My breathing was hard and labored, as if I was having an asthma attack. But I don't have asthma. 

I needed to talk to someone. Had to tell someone. 

I looked around. 

Where was Liam? 

There. 

And Zayn is with him, crap. 

"Hey, Jillian?" my voice said, scaring me. 

She looked at me, stood up and walked over. 

"Yeah, Lou?" 

"Can I talk to you? In private? Somewhere safe?" I asked her, calming down slightly, but still nervous and confused. 

"Sure," she said, holding her hand out for me to take. I did, and she led me out of the room. I glanced back to see Harry and Niall talking quietly, Liam sitting with Morgan, and Zayn next to the latter two, eating. 

Jill and I walked out, her taking me somewhere. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"To see Lillian," she said. "I met her the day we came to the hospital. She's nine and has terminal cancer." 

My problems suddenly didn't seem as bad. Terminal cancer at nine? Wow. 

"Jillian!" I heard a young girl scream. "Momma, Jillian came back!" A smile lit my face. She was adorable! 

"Hey, Lily!" Jill called. "I brought a friend. This is Louis." 

Lillian ran and gave me a hug. 

"Will you be my best friend, too?" she asked. "Jillian is already my best friend, but I can have two right?" I smiled and hugged her back, gently. 

"Yeah, you can have two best friends. And yes. I will be one," I told her. She smiled hugely at me, then ran off to talk to Jill. 

"Hyper, isn't she?" a woman asked. 

"Yeah, she is," I said smiling. 

"I'm Kathy Smith. Lillian is my daughter," the woman said. 

"Jill said that she has cancer," I said softly. "I'm so sorry." 

"Don't be, it's not your fault. Things happen for a reason. It's not completely terminal, but almost. There's a special surgery that might help, but not only is it a fifty percent chance of fatality, but my husband and I don't have the money," she said softly. 

I pulled her into a hug, as she started to cry. 

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll pay, of you decide to go through with it," I told her. 

She pulled back a bit and looked me in the eyes. 

"How? You can't possibly be able to do that," she said. 

"Actually, I'm Louis Tomlinson," I told her. "I'm in an internationally famous boyband called One Direction. I have the money, and I'll pay for it." 

She stared at me, incredulously for a few moments before beginning to cry again. 

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. My baby has a chance to live now!" she cried, hugging me as tight as she could. 

"Thank you so much." 

I looked over to Jillian, who was looking at us, tears streaming down her face. She knew what had just happened. Lillian was playing with a doll and a few other toys that I didn't recognize. 

Lillian's mother let go of me after a minute, squeezing me tighter before she did. 

"You don't know how much this means to me," she said. 

"No, I don't, not really, but I'm happy to help. She is my new best friend," I joked, making us both chuckle. 

"Louis! Come play with us!" Lillian called. I looked over to her and smiled before looking back to Mrs. Smith. 

"Go," she encouraged, smiling. 

I ran over to the girls, and immediately grabbed one of the dolls, shaking it around and talking in a girly voice. They started laughing and played along. 

We goofed off for about an hour before Lily had to go in for some tests. Jill and I decided to leave while she was getting them done.

Jillian-- 

I ended up talking Louis to see Lillian. It looked like he cheered up enough to be able to talk to me now. 

We were on our way back when he grabbed my arm to stop me. 

"Jill? Can I tell you something?" 

Here it comes. 

"Yeah, sure. You can tell me anything, Lou," I told him. 

He took a deep breath. 

"Please don't tell anyone this. You will be the only one I've ever told." 

"I swear I won't, Lou." 

"Okay. I'm in love with my best mate. I'm in love with Harry Styles. And I have been for a while." 

Wait, what?

How was it!?!? 

Good? Bad? 

Please comment, vote, fan. 

:) thanks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 138 40
Kelsey Maxwell lost her mother at a young age in a house fire; she has no siblings to turn to and the only friends she has are guys, but they always...
5.3K 132 28
Kai and Louis were best friends when they were little but when Kai moves to Australia they lose contact. Seven years later Kai is back in England wit...
34.7M 313K 73
******READ A BIT OF MY LATEST CHAPTER TO SEE HOW MUCH MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED LIKE HONEST ITS SO CRINGEY I CANT****** Falling in love with your best...
229K 6.6K 24
GRAMMER SUCKS IN THIS DEAL WITH IT OR DON'T READ IT. Harry Styles are 1/4 in one direction. He drinks, he hates everything and everyone. He hates hi...