𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 |...

By princess16367273737

(Y/n), a young woman from Zaun trying to make it as an Enforcer in Piltover. She thought her time in Piltover... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Hiatus
A/N

Chapter 4

270 10 3
By princess16367273737

You woke up with a tear stained face. You sighed, remembering the events of last night. As soon as Marcus left, you totally broke. The thought that Vi hated you and that You betrayed the undercity. It honestly just made you break. You didn't want to feel abandoned or feel like you abandoned them. You hit snooze on your alarm clock so many times, you were running late. You got ready as fast as you could, although you were destined to be late. You quickly got into your Enforcer uniform, double checking in your half asleep state to make sure you didn't forget anything. You did everything in your morning routine as bare minimum as you could. "Come on Mylo, please don't cause trouble this morning." You groaned. Mylo barked back at you as you snapped on his vest and collar, then putting is leash on him. You exited your apartment and went through the bustling streets of Piltover.

When you got to work, as soon as you entered, Marcus greeted you. "Hello (y/n)." He seemed to be in a less mean and aggravated look than normal. Actually, he seemed almost nice for once, which was definitely off-putting. 

"Didn't I tell you to get a life?" You asked, really just not in the mood for whatever he wanted to bother you with. There was no other explanation for him being anything similar to nice, he definitely wanted to bother you with something.

"In kinder words but yes." Marcus answered through gritted teeth, taking everything in his willpower to not insult you on the spot. He sighed, releasing his anger. Or at least that's what it looked like. "I was wondering why you were late, you're never late to anything. That's one of the big rules actually."

You glared at Marcus before one of the people that trained Mylo came over. The small boy had obviously more recently started the hob since he was quite nervous approaching you. His posture was bad, looking like he didn't want to be a bother by taking up too much space. "I'll just take him, we'll tell you what he should know so far when you pick him up."

"Of course. Thank you." You smiled softly at him before looking back at Marcus with a glare. "My alarm clock didn't go off."

"You seem in a very bad mood. You keep bothering me to open up, what about you?" Marcus followed me as I was walking to my desk. You couldn't tell if he was honestly worried or if he was just trying to get revenge for you making him talk about his problems. Either way, you felt like he was right and that you could honestly trust him. If he did expose your secrets, you could just do the same thing with his. 

When you got to your desk, you turned towards him. "Fine. Do you really want to hear about it?" Marcus nodded. "Well, I went to the Undercity last night, as you know. Well I was visiting my friends and I hung out with them for a few hours, mostly everyone was acting normal but I noticed my closest friend was acting weird. So when I left the room, I had her follow me and when I asked her about it, she said I betrayed the Undercity by becoming an enforcer, and I betrayed her and-" Your speech started to speed up, showing your emotional response to what you were talking about. The lights around the office had begun to look blurry as your eyes teared up.

Marcus noticed this quickly and tried his best to calm you down. "Hey, hey, calm down. We can talk about this more when we meet up tonight, okay. But just know, you didn't betray them-"

"Excuse me?" A stranger's voice interrupted Marcus, making you turn towards whoever the voice was coming from. It was a really big and muscular guy in regular Piltover clothes, almost making you question why he was in the station. He was white with a freshly shaved head. "Do you know where Grayson is? I'm turning my badge in."

You quickly wiped your eyes before shaking your head. "Just drop it off at the front desk." Marcus told him, annoyed at the man for just intruding on the conversation.

He nodded and walked away so you looked back at Marcus. "You're being a hero (Y/n), and following your dream. Your friend will come to terms with that eventually, and if not, you have your other undercity friends. Plus you have new Piltover friends. So, don't let it affect you."

"Thanks Marcus." He took his hand off of your arm and you sat down in your office chair. "Why are you in the station?" You tilted your head slightly, looking up at him. You had told him not to pick up anymore shifts yet here he was standing in front of you in his Enforcer uniform in the station.

"He was worried about you." Grayson intruded in our conversation. She had a small smirk on her face as she said the sentence, knowing what reaction it would get out of Marcus.

Marcus went red and widened his eyes. "That's absolutely not true-"

Grayson chuckled, "He wanted to make sure you got to the station safely without being creepy and showing up at your house unannounced."

"It's just a very highly dangerous case, I mean this is very close to being a serial killer and who knows what this killer will do to the person hunting for him-"

"Marcus, it's okay, I think it's sweet." You thought it was funny how flustered he got at Grayson's comment. You were glad someone was worried about you and actually cared. That was hard to get when you were in Zaun. 

Marcus's brows furrowed, "But-" Grayson crossed her arms and gave him a questioning look, wondering what Marcus could possibly say in defense.

"Go home Marcus." Marcus, not being able to think of anything to say is defense, just walked away with his normal angry face. Grayson watched him walk off then looked back at you, softly shaking her head in disappointment. "That boy needs someone to soften him up."

You laughed softly. "Agreed." You looked up at Grayson. "Any updates on the Betrayal murders?"

Grayson sighed, shaking her head. "The murderer hasn't killed anyone new. Although we have his ex wife ready for questioning. We couldn't find his mistress."

You stood up and grabbed the files you and Grayson had put together the day before. You already had the files memorized. His ex wife was a tan woman with curly dark hair. The mistress was a pale woman with blonde hair that went down to her shoulders. You could not connect the dots on why he cheated on his beautiful wife, even you were tempted to ask the woman on a date as the closing question. "Will anyone be joining me?"

"Yes actually, this is a pretty important case." Grayson started walking to the interrogation rooms so you quickly followed her. When you entered the room, you met eyes with the beautiful tan woman you were thinking of just a moment ago. "Ms. Light?" Grayson greeted her.

She nodded quickly. "Yes." You noticed she was fiddling with her hands, showing her nervousness.

You and Grayson sat down across from her. "Hello Ms. Light. I'm Captain Grayson and this is Enforcer (Y/n). We'll be the ones talking to you today."

"Wow. The captain on my ex husband's case. Didn't think he was that important." She chuckled awkwardly, looking down at her hands. 

You cleared your throat, "Well, the person who killed your husband is one murder away from being a serial killer so this is important." You smiled softly. "Your ex husband is the least important man on Runeterra." You whispered to her then winked. You knew it was unprofessional but at least you could say you tried.

She looked up at you and smiled a little. "Oh, I see." Grayson quirked a brow and looked in between you and the woman. "You can just call me Jesika, no need for formalities."

Grayson interrupted your little flirting. "If you don't mind, I'd like to start questioning now."

"Of course."

"Did your ex husband meet anyone leading up to the night of the murder? Anyone that would know about him cheating on you?" Grayson leaned onto the table, interested in the answer she would give her.

She thought for a moment. "No, not that I know."

Grayson and you asked more questions but you got nowhere with the investigation, as expected. "Thank you for your time Jesika, I'm sure (Y/n) would like to see you out."

"I certainly would." You smiled and stood up, which made Jesika do the same. "Just follow me." You walked to the door and opened it, allowing Jesika to go through the door before you followed her out.

"So, how long have you been an enforcer?" Jesika questioned. You started walking to the exit of the station, Jesika following you.

"Not too long honestly. A week maybe." You shrugged.

She put a strand of her dark curled hair behind her ear before continuing the conversation. "You must be a pretty good enforcer to already be on such an important case."

You shook your head, laughing softly. "No, I was just in the right place at the right time." 

You two reached the front desk, stopping as you did. "Say..." Jesika started, taking a step towards you. "What if I didn't feel safe? I mean my ex husband was just murdered."

"I would suggest you give an enforcer like me your address." You smirked lightly.

"Well I couldn't think of another option." She was about to get a pen off of the front desk but she was stopped in her tracks.

"(Y/n)." You jumped, looking at the man who was now right next to you. It was Marcus, who was actually still in his enforcer uniform. 

"Marcus, I thought you went home." You glared, attempting to get the hint to him to fuck off. 

"I did, then I realized I didn't remind you we're meeting tonight. Meet right after work at your place?" Marcus didn't get any hints from your glare, he was more or less oblivious to anyone's annoyance. 

You sighed, "Sure Marcus. Yeah."

Marcus looked over at Jesika. "Who are you?" He looked as though he was judging her. Although, it seemed Marcus was always judging everyone always.

"I'm Jesika, I was called in for questioning-"

"They why are you still here?" He glared slightly. 

"I-" She glanced at you. "I'll just go." And at that, Jesika was gone out the doors of the station. Your possible girlfriend, possible love of your life, possible soulmate, possible mother of your future children was just gone. 

"Have I ever expressed how much I hate you Marcus?" You glared even more than you did before.

He gave you a confused look. "What? Why?"

"She was flirting with Jesika, and from what I saw, it was going very well." Grayson intruded in your conversation again. She was holding the files you had accidently left in the interrogation room when you were too busy attempting to seduce Jesika. 

"Oh." Marcus replied. "Well, I can assume she was close to a murder victim, which means, and this is how you would word it (Y/n), she is not in the mental state to begin a new relationship, she needs to mourn and accept the death before jumping into something like a relationship." He looked straight at you. "And I mean, that's how you would word it."

You took the files from Grayson and hit Marcus over the head with them. "She was pretty you asshole!" 

── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ──

It was a tiring day of research after Jesika left. You were glad you were finally getting home, even though you knew soon your bliss would be interrupted by a therapy session with Marcus. You entered your home, Mylo pulling on the leash more than usual. You closed the door behind you and snapped Mylo's leash off. As soon as you did, he bolted into your bedroom, barking. "Mylo!" You wondered what the dog was barking at, but you never really did understand the dog. You walked over to the coffee table, turning your back to the room Mylo had ran into. You put down the leash and your gun, still hearing Mylo barking. You were about the remove your sword before all of a sudden, the barking was more muffled and you heard the dog scratching on a door. You stopped your movement, giving a confused look as you tried to make out a possible situation in your head that could be happening with Mylo. "Mylo?" You turned around, getting sliced in the side as you did. When you turned around you saw a big hooded man, you turning around made him narrowly miss stabbing you in the back. Your eyes went wide as you dodged another knife attack from the man. You had to get further away from the coffee table, which you regretted since that was where your gun was. 

"You betrayed them!" He yelled as he tried to attack you again, although you dodged. "You deserve to die after your actions." This sentence delayed your reaction as he did another attack and cut your shoulder slightly. It made you think, was he right? You had fought against Enforcers your entire life because they prevented you from getting food and money and the things you needed to not survive, but live. Would you have to ruin people's lives to become a good enforcer?

You took the blade you had in your utility belt and tried to strike the man with it, which successfully sliced through his chest. As you tried to make a second strike, the man grabbed your arm. His hand could go around your whole wrist. This made you realize just how stronger he was than you. You wondered for a moment if this was how you would die. Not in a glorious battle. Not saving someone's life. But when you were drowning in the fact that you might be one of the people you wanted to strike down that ruined lives while all that filled your ears was your dog barking at the same rate as your heart beat. You heard a knock on the door and for a split second, the fight stopped. "(Y/n)?" Marcus called through the door. 

In a panic, the hooded man cut deep into your arm with the knife he was holding. Your adrenaline may have been enough to cut off most of the pain you were experiencing with the two other cuts, but not this one. As the knife seeped into your skin, you felt all the pain any sane person could. Your eyes let out as many tears as they could. You let out a scream, not only to alert Marcus, but also because it just hurt that much, you had to scream as loud as you could wile trying not to absolutely wreck your vocal chords. Although your scream had been cut off when the man pushed you up against a wall and covered your mouth.

Except, it was too late. Marcus had already heard it and you heard the bangs as he tried to break down the door. With his strength, the door could only take a couple kicks before it went wide open, even with the locks you had in place to prevent... well, a situation like this. As soon as Marcus entered, is instincts seemed to kick in as he locked his eyes onto the gun on the coffee table and grabbed it, in a split second he shot the guy in the leg. The guy's hand came off of your mouth and his leg collapsed from under, causing him to fall. Marcus approached the man and used the butt of the gun to hit him in the head to knock him out. Marcus wordlessly grabbed the handcuffs from your utility belt then turned the guy over and put him in handcuffs. Marcus put down the gun as he turned his attention back to you. "(Y/n)! Are you okay? Where did he hurt you?" You were in shock so you couldn't really make out a word, all that was coming from you was the tears spilling down your face. He looked down at your arm and winced. "Where's your medical supplies.

"U-uh- under the kitchen s-sink." You answered. 

Marcus ran out of the room then quickly back in with your first aid kit in his hand. He directed you towards the couch and had you sit down before he sat across from you and opened the kit. You couldn't process what exactly he was doing but all you knew was that it hurt. You flinched as you felt a sting on your arm, your arm had jolted away from his touch. Marcus grabbed your arm as softly as he could. "Calm down, now I just need to bandage it up." Your arm rested on his lap as he wrapped your scar up in a bandage. "Okay, can you tell me what happened?" Just the thought of what the man said started up your tears again, if they ever stopped. You looked down as you more or less sobbed. "(Y/n), look at me." Marcus's voice was soft and kind, unlike usual. When you kept your head down, you belt a hand on your chin slowly force your head up. When you looked Marcus in the eyes, you felt a bit safer. "Try to breath, okay (Y/n)?" He moved his hand from your chin to your cheek where he tried to wipe the tears off your face. 

"I-I betrayed them. Enforcers ruin people's lives! What was I thinking? Thinking I could change things! Maybe the guy was right, I don't deserve to live on after I joined the Enforcers,, fully aware of what damage I could do-"

"Stop it (Y/n). You will save people's lives. You have the power to change Piltover, both the top and the undercity. You aren't betraying anyone, you're trying your best to help them." Without saying anything, you hugged Marcus, crying into his shoulder. He hesitated but eventually you felt his arms go around you. 

.

.

.

"We'll show them. We'll show them all."

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.9K 22
[UNDER EDITING] ARCANE FANFIC! SilcoXFem!Reader.
41.4K 1.2K 34
Warning- Violence, Drug abuse, alcohol usage, sexual content, etc. Female reader with she/her pronouns **I do not own the arcane characters** She g...
42.2K 2.2K 51
You and Viktor grew up in Zaun. Together, you made a promise that one day you'll make it up to Piltover. But the Lanes aren't made for hopes and drea...
16.1K 1.1K 51
Before Marcus became the grim, harsh man who does business with Silco, you two were best friends, one heart and soul. But one day you left without a...