Amren

By ohdearenisdc

You've seen the stories with girls as delicate as a flower Powerful as the president Badass like Rapunzel (... More

A/N and Characters
Prologue
{1} Would you Like to see my ID?
{3} Sounds like a Challenge to me
{4} Sorry I Meant Pretty Face
{5} I Guess he's Just a Gentleman

{2} Laughing on the Inside

818 51 3
By ohdearenisdc

The new boy takes a few steps in my apartment and I find it quite irritating how people are starting to simply invite themselves in. Haven't they ever heard of knocking?

"Who are you?" I ask, now distracted from my breakfast.

"Milo darling, one of your brothers." He walks forward and places the knife down on the table. "Aslan wanted me to check up on you both, it seems to be going swimmingly."

"It certainly is Mi, but she doesn't believe me." Odin says, getting Milo's attention.

"Why is that?" Milo questions me.

"Why should I? A stranger shows up in my apartment claiming to be my brother with no proof doesn't make a strong argument." I reply.

"Oh I did bring the test." Milo says, reaching in his coat pocket and bringing out a paper.

He walks up to me and I stand tall, not letting this man size me up. He gives me the paper and I read the contents.

Amren Elwood, 99.8% relation to Aslan Elwood.
Amren Elwood, 99.8% relation to Rowan Elwood.
Amren Elwood, 99.8% relation to Milo Elwood.
Amren Elwood, 99.8% relation to Odin Elwood.
Amren Elwood, 99.8% relation to Elio Elwood.
Amren Elwood, 99.8% relation to Bain Elwood.

"A DNA test?" I whisper.

"Indeed darling, you are in fact our long lost sister." Milo says softly.

I look up at him with shock written on my face. He smiles softly at me.

"So you believe him and not me?" Odin stands up, clearly offended.

"He has a DNA test, you have a piece of ID!" I exclaim.

"Whatever." He dismisses me.

"What are you doing here? How did you find me and why only now?" I start firing out questions.

"You, little sister, are in danger." Odin comments, "We found you with some hacking and facial recognition and only now because we've only managed to locate you now."

"What do you mean danger?" I ask.

"We have enemies, and we aren't the only ones who have now found you." Milo says, taking a seat at my table.

"Is that why you have a gun?" I get the courage to ask Odin.

My question clearly catches him off guard and Milo glares at him. He moves his coat, revealing the firearm and I shake my head at the sight of it.

"For protection." Odin says.

"How did you know?" Milo asks me.

"You don't hide it well." I comment, focusing back on my food.

"You f*cking idiot." Milo says to Odin.

"Sorry, I was focused on getting her to trust me, not watching my f*cking gun." Odin replies

I crack a few eggs into the pan and tune them out. According to the DNA test, I have six brothers. This is insane. I listen to the eggs crackle in the oil and zone out.

Odin said I would be moving in with them, but what about my life here? They cant just barge into my home and demand for me to move in with them. I don't know what to do here, I worked hard for this and I don't even know these guys.

A knock at the door catches everyone's attention.

"You expecting someone?" Odin asks.

"It could be one of my neighbors." I comment, dropping the spatula I was holding, "They get my mail a lot."

"I don't think you should answer the door." Milo says, standing up to open it for me.

I roll my eyes and push past him. I cant let them take control of everything.

I open the door just enough so the person on the other side cant see inside my apartment. It's a man, early twenties I'm guessing. He is wearing a repair uniform and is holding a box of tools.

"Hi, maintenance sent me up to check if the furnace is running." He says.

I look at him carefully and notice him shifting between feet. He cant hold eye contact and one of the tools in his box look an awful lot like a gun.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting maintenance." I comment, watching the guy shift uncomfortably.

"The order was just se-"

He was cut off by my fist.

I sucker punched him.

He stumbles back and drops his tool box. He brings his hand to his now I'm sure broken nose and glares at me.

"You b*tch!" He yells, coming forward to attack me.

Ooo too slow, I dodge his punch but a curious Odin came forward and clearly didn't see what was happening. Needless to say, he took the blow.

"Sh*t" Odin holds his nose, glaring at the guy.

The guy widens his eyes at Odin and starts running down the hallway. Odin takes after him and Milo is now on the phone, pacing in my apartment.

This has been quite the eventful day and it's not even noon.

I close the door and go back to the stove where my eggs are cooking. They nearly burnt but luckily I came in time to save them. I place them on my toasted bread and take a seat at my table. I tune out Milo's rambling and eat my toast.

I did make an extra few eggs for Odin but he is currently occupied it seems.

"No." I start listening to Milo's conversation, "She's fine yes." He paces, "Odin went after him, I didn't recognize him." Pace, "American it seemed." Pace, "She insisted." Pace, "We'll be there in a minute."

He hangs up the phone which I'm grateful for, the pacing was making me dizzy.

"We have to go Amren." Milo looks at me, making me raise my eyebrows.

I look behind me to see if I have a clone because I know this man is not making demands to me.

"I'm sorry," I look back at him. "Who are you speaking to?"

"You, we have to go now." Milo says with urgency.

Goodness me, that would take effort.

"I don't know you, why would I just up and leave?" I ask, thinking this man is crazy.

"Because I'm your brother." He reaches for my arm to help me up but I elbow him in the stomach.

He doubles over in pain, coughing a little and I stand up on my own. I look at him and he gives me a confused look.

"I'll go, just keep your paws to yourself."

"Got it." He says in a pained tone, standing up straight.

He leads the way to the door and opens it for me, still holding his stomach. I walk out and Milo takes the lead again, walking towards the stairs in a fast pace. I have to nearly jog to keep up with him. He opens the door for me again and I notice he's quite the gentleman. He basically runs down the stairs and I keep his pace as best I can.

When we enter the lobby, I see Odin out of breath and he walks up to us.

"Anything?" Milo asks.

"He outran me and had a getaway car." Odin replies, finally catching his breath.

"Were going home, Aslan wants us to bring Amren." Milo says, walking out of the door and to a black fancy car parked by the street.

Milo opens the back door for me and I enter, making him close the door behind me. Milo takes the drivers seat and Odin sits in the passenger's.

Milo takes off at a concerning speed before I even have time to put my seatbelt on. The atmosphere in the car is quite tense but I just focus on the outside, trying to distract myself.

I stomach flips when I come to a sudden realization.

I forgot to lock the door.

{}{}{}

We drive for about a half hour before arriving at what I assume is the wrong house.

Sorry, I mean f*cking mansion.

Milo drives right up to the door of what I can only describe as a place I would need to fight a couple million times to afford. Looks about three stories tall with massive windows everywhere and intricate design patterns in the walls. It very clean, white, and modern.

Milo and Odin exit the car and I find myself suddenly growing nervous. I'm going to be meeting the rest of my so-called brothers and I haven't had enough time to mentally prepare.

Odin doesn't respect my need to mentally prepare by the way he so rudely opens my door. I say a quiet thanks since I'm not f*cking disrespectful like him when I climb out of the car.

Man I need to calm down.

I control my breathing as we walk up to the door twice my size.

In and out Amren.

You're okay.

Milo opens the door, letting Odin and I walk in first. The entrance is overwhelming in itself. I can feel a panic attack coming on but I try by best to suppress it. I cant show emotion to these strangers.

"I believe they're waiting for us in Aslan's office." Milo says, taking off in a random direction.

I look at Odin and he starts walking after Milo so I take that as my cue to turn around and walk outside.

I close the door behind me, knowing within a second Milo or Odin will open it but I breathe in the fresh air a little more while I can.

As expected, Odin opens the door and gives me a confused look. I match his facial expression.

"Was this the wrong way?" I look around, oblivious.

Odin rolls his eyes and reaches his arm to grab my left arm but I quickly stop him by using my right hand to grab his arm and twist it behind his back. He winces in pain and I release my hold quickly.

"No touch." I say plainly, walking back inside to where Milo is standing, watching in amusement.

I gesture for him to lead the way and he continues walking. I feel like a prisoner being escorted because Milo is in front of me and Odin is now behind me, I'm sure not trusting me anymore.

We walk through many twists and turns and up some stairs that eventually lead to a large wooden door. Milo walks right in, and I follow with nerves in my stomach. Immediately four pairs of eyes settle on me. By their resemblance, I can tell these are the rest of my brothers.

They seem to have mastered the art of emotionlessness. Only one gives me a small smile which I return hesitantly.

I feel Odin behind me softly place his hand on my lower back to guide me. I immediately crouch and spin around, not moving from my spot but reaching my hand out to hit him in any available place, which by the looks of it is the ribcage.

He didn't seem to learn his lesson the first time.

He hunches over and grabs his side in pain. The rest of our brothers stand up in surprise and Odin holds his hand up for them to stop.

"My fault," He says, clearly in pain. "She doesn't like to be touched."

I turn back to see my brothers clearly surprised and looking at me strangely. I hold up my hands and sit on the chair Odin tried to guide me to.

"I did warn him." I tell them.

"Odin," One of them starts, "Are you okay?"

"I'm good." He nods, taking a seat on one of the benches at the side of the room.

"See." I pipe up with a smile, "No harm, no foul."

Milo is the only one who chuckles and I smile at him. One of the men clears their throats, drawing my attention back to the ones I am unfamiliar with. The one sitting in the fancy desk chair, I'm assuming is Aslan because Milo said this was his office. He has some facial hair and a stoic face. A sharp jawline I see each of these men have inherited. The one standing beside him looks similar to Milo but has glasses, I'm assuming he's older though. The last two I am unfamiliar with look at me curiously. They look very similar honestly, basically like everyone else but with different tattoos and slightly younger facial features.

"Hello Amren." The one I'm assuming is Aslan finally speaks.

"Hello." I reply politely.

I think they're wary of me, I did just hit their brother and all.

"I'm Aslan, your eldest brother if you haven't figured that out by now." He says, I nod at his words.

"Wasn't hard to guess." I agree with him.

"this is Rowan." He gestures to glasses boy by his side.

This is the one that asked Odin if he was okay.

"Hi." He greets.

"Hello." I wave lazily at him.

"He's the second oldest, Milo is third oldest, Odin is fourth, Elio," Aslan gestures to one of the younger boys, "Is fifth and Bain is sixth."

Do they expect me to remember all these names? I think I need a cheat sheet.

Okay it goes, Aslan, Rowan, Odin, no wait its then Milo-

"I understand you may be confused." Aslan cuts off my thoughts. "We did show up out of nowhere."

"That's one way to put it." I remark. "Odin casually sitting at my kitchen table was a bit of a surprise."

Bain, and Milo chuckle at my words.

"Sorry to intrude like that." Aslan apologizes in a very insincere way.

"There is such a thing as knocking." I tell him, holding my hand up in a fist, "Observe, you simply hold your fist to the door and maneuver your wrist-"

"Enough." Aslan demands.

Not the joking type I see.

"Sorry." I mumble, putting my hand down.

I'm happy a few are entertained by my antics when I see Bain and Milo smirking. They're clearly the only ones who enjoy a good joke. I'm sure everyone else is laughing on the inside.

"This is a great meet and greet and all but I think it's best I leave." I stand up, catching everyone's attention, "I have places to be, you know people to see and such."

"You cant leave." Aslan says, making me stop and look at him in the eyes.

"Try and stop me."

----------------------------------------

Here is chapter 2 ;)

Until next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 2.8K 71
"Isa," he began, his voice softer than usual. "I need you to understand something." She looked up at him, waiting. "I can't stand the thought of anyo...
18.2K 817 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...
3.2K 813 14
A person in his one eventful life goes through a lot of emotions and feels each of them with a different bond. Unconditional love for family, unwaver...
612K 14.6K 53
"You okay?" My face softens, soft smile forming. "I am now." "HIS series" Book 1: La Loro Principessa | COMPLETED Book 2: His lifeline | COMPLETED