afterglows || loki laufeyson...

By kissmyscars_

"i'm not that tired.", i said quietly to loki, as he looked at me with a knowing look. "you've had a long day... More

chapter -2
chapter -1
chapter 0
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
epilogue
thank you's aren't enough
bonus chapter 1
bonus chapter 2

chapter 11

1K 54 36
By kissmyscars_

"all of the faith in me is entirely for you, loki."

belle's pov!

i think i cried five times.

which is, believe it or not, twice less than peter did.

it was a surprise to me too, because for once it wasn't me who cried the most.

the both of us kept on blowing into tissues to the point thor remarked that we sounded like those midgardian animals with the large feet and had wide ears.

elephants. he meant we sound like elephants, which was offensive but so brutally true that i couldn't even blame him for it.

at 10 p.m. we got up and ate. the spaghetti was being made by peter and loki, because if i haven't mentioned it already i suck at cooking stuff. baking i'm fairly okay with, so i'm only strictly good at that side of the kitchen. with that problem at hand, loki took up the apron and acted as our solution.

and surprise! loki can cook so well. the food he cooks can make my mouth water automatically.

"i added enough salt.", peter said as i stepped in and took a peek at the pot, "loki wouldn't be satisfied if it weren't."

"well actually, i was going to ask about the sauce.", i said and loki laughed, "i assure you i did an amazing job at making sure it was just the right amount."

"we.", peter corrected, "i have sauce on my apron, i think that should count for something."

"oh sorry, i thought that was something else entirely.", loki jokingly replied.

i raised my eyebrows, "please don't give me the idea, you're about to ruin my appetite."

"i apologize."

"oh you're not sorry."

"yeah mr loki, you're not."

"that's correct, i truly am not."

we ate our pasta calmly, well, besides thor who seemed to be swallowing it down without a second to chew.

"this is really delicious.", he said, looking at the three of us, "who made this?"

"loki and peter.", i said and thor's eyebrows went up.

"you two did a great job.", thor said before looking at loki, "and brother, i didn't know you could cook!"

loki looked both suspicious and affronted, "yes well, i learned recently, and before you say-"

"that's amazing!", thor shouted, cutting loki off, "you continue to surprise me, brother."

"thank you.", loki replied with a small smile, "that's really nice of you to say, thor."

"yeah. after all, now i know who to go to whenever i'm in need of food."

"oh now you've ruined it. i am absolutely not becoming your personal chef."

"but loki-"

"it's a no, thor."

peter and i silently watched that unfold, eating our pastas in an invested manner. there really is no dull moment between these two.

it was pretty late when we've finished, and i'm pretty sure we dozed off, because and it was around 5 a.m. when a phone alarm rang, and i woke up realising that i had fallen asleep on loki who was half-sitting down in between pillows and blankets, his hands wrapped around my waist.

i averted my eyes to see thor's legs splayed on the floor, a bunch of pillows hiding his head from view. then there was peter who had now gotten up from the couch, that i assume he was sleeping on. he trudged on to his backpack and zipped it open. he started rummaging in it, pulling his phone out and finally ended that horrid beeping.

what woke me up from my half-awake state was the sight of a suspiciously familiar-looking blue and red object that had peeked out from his backpack. i slowly slipped out of loki's arms and rubbed my eye sleepily as i walked up to peter.

"i'm sorry to wake you up.", peter whispered, "that was 'my wake up for school' alarm."

"yeah, that's okay, i need to get up in an hour anyway.", i replied before looking up at him, unsure whether i should ask about what i saw or at least what i thought i saw, "do you have everything ready? like your school books and assignments?"

"all in my locker at school.", he replied, "what i do need is a quick shower though. it's alright if i use the uh bathroom, right?"

"yeah sure, go ahead.", i said, "i'll get some clothes that you can lend for now."

he nodded appreciatively and as soon as i handed a towel to him, he disappeared behind the bathroom door.

the backpack laid on the floor temptingly, almost willing me to open it to confirm my unending theories, but i shook my head at the thought of it and continued to get clothes for peter.

i grabbed one of loki's unused hoodies and one of the black jeans i rarely wear. i knocked on the bathroom door and slipped them through the small opening. peter uttered a small 'thank you so much', before closing the door again.

i decided to avoid going back to sleep next to loki, because i know if i did, i won't be able to get up again for the rest of the day. finally, i decided to go to the kitchen and start making breakfast for the four of us.

"you got that james dean daydream look in your eyes.", i began singing as i placed the necessities on the kitchen counter.

"and i got that red lip classic thing that you like.", i continued, closing the lower cabinet with a small kick, proceeding to start cracking eggs.

the mixer was soon turned on, and i paused my singing, now focusing on not making a mess.

turning off the loud machine, i proceeded instantly, "and when we go crashing down, we come back every time. 'cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style."

"you got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt and i got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.", i sang quietly, as i poured the homemade waffle mix onto the waffle maker.

"my, my, how scandalous.", loki spoke right behind me, making me jump.

he laughed and pressed a kiss to the top of my head, my short height coming to full advantage for him, "who would've thought sweet belle had it in her?"

"you wouldn't know, that's for sure.", i replied easily, grinning at the sound of his huff, "now don't be so grumpy love, for this morning, you all will be having, wait for ittt....honey waffles and toppings of your choice for breakfast!"

"very impressive.", he said sarcastically, and i protested, "oh cmon it's early in the morning, cut me some slack, won't you?"

"i will not.", he said and i spun to face him, only for him to press his lips to mine, shutting up all the words i was about to say.

"what i will do," he said after he caught his breath from the kiss, "is continue making the waffles instead, and allow you to do some very important business on attending to your very chipper and energetic cousin in the living room."

"wouldn't he be busy with thor at this point?"

"thor's asleep.", loki answered smoothly, "and peter is currently fixing up his bag, i thought you would want to know."

"okay, cool- wait. how did you know i would want to know that?"

"i have been awake for a while now. do you really think i wouldn't know the moment you slipped out of my arms, love?", he said, winking at me one last time as he ushered me out of the kitchen.

that man- no actually, that audacity to be so good with words and turn me into a blushing mess, this early in the morning too!

"he's driving me crazy.", i muttered.

"seems like something someone would say if they were falling deeply in love.", a voice quipped, making me create a spoon and throwing it at the person quickly out of reflex. it never got to hit its target, the spoon being caught before it made its mark.

"a spoon, you couldn't have come up with something better?", peter deadpanned to me, still holding the spoon in his hand, as i stood there slightly stunned. how could he have caught that? it's like he expected it, like he sensed it and saw it coming.

"yeah uh sorry about that.", i said, recovering from my shock.

"no worries.", he said brightly, "can i wake mr thor up?"

"go ahead bud, i'm going to take a well-needed shower and hope that loki doesn't burn the kitchen to the ground by the time i finish."

from inside the kitchen i heard loki grumble, "i heard that! and do you really have that little faith in me?"

"stop eavesdropping!", i shouted back with a smile, "and without doubt, all of the faith in me is entirely for you, loki."

peter held a hand over his mouth, making a retching gesture, before going to sit on top of thor who woke up panicking as he cradled mjolnir as if his life depended on it.

when asked why peter was covering his mouth, he jabbed his finger to my direction and to loki's in the kitchen, and thor nodded, patting peter understandingly on the back.

"the affection shared between those two can make you sick if you aren't used to it yet.", i had heard thor mumble, and i laughed, slipping in the bathroom and finally taking my shower.

author's note:

today was the last day of school this semester? and bro it's been so long since i've felt freedom like this. and funnily enough i did nothing, not even write, not even read, i just did nothing but experience that feeling of relief for awhile. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 16.9K 66
"I didn't peg you for a poetry kind of guy," I say, but I'm glad he is. Poems are a guilty pleasure to me. "Will you read some to me?" "Of course."...
344K 10.5K 46
"I'm sorry" you said to him, not taking your eyes away from the screen. "I beg your pardon?" Now it was his turn to be confused. He turned to look at...
542K 24.4K 42
' She breathed in deeply, picking up on a faint and fresh scent of mint on him. "Even if it's only me, is that enough for you?" Loki purred with a kn...
2.3K 202 9
Dreams are something that humans know very little about. Some say they hold some sort of magical meaning- something Y/N has taken quite literally whe...