Alone in an Unfamiliar World

By Weeblet-san

Being summoned to another world may be a good thing for anime fans, but for our main character, it was the wo... More

Chapter 2: Unknown
Chapter 3: Purpose?
Chapter 4: Witch Cult
Chapter 5: Responsibility
Chapter 6: Skill
Chapter 7: Contract
Chapter 8: The Beginning After The End
Chapter 9: Limitation
Chapter 10: Survival
Chapter 11: Acknowledgment
Chapter 12: Attack

Chapter 1: For What Reason?

3.9K 71 48
By Weeblet-san

In the middle of the night faint noises could be heard from an abandoned house. Inside was a man tied to a chair. A simple yet effective method to keep someone from escaping. Within close proximity stood a man who looked to be around 20's. He had short black hair and was above average height, roughly 180 centimeters. He was a bit muscular in addition to having yin sanpaku eyes making him more intimidating.

"It doesn't matter how much you try, you won't get information from me!" scowled the tied man.

"Many said the same before they eventually disclosed information." he sighed, taking out a machete that was laying on the ground.

"Hurry up before you end up like them."

The blackness engulfed the whole room where one could barely see except for the flashlight from a phone. The source of light guided him towards the location the second man pointed at. The tied man squinted and distinguished the corpses of his comrades. No major injuries could be seen on them since only their faces were visible.

"..."

He didn't know what awaited him which made him open his mouth to get enough air. His ragged breath was of course noticed.

"You better close that mouth of yours before I shoot a bullet inside. I'm quite skilled if I say so myself."

"Your death won't be a good one, motherfucker."

Although he accepted his death the fear in him didn't disappear. Hiding it he insulted the other man.

"Those who perform vile crimes like us should expect a similar end. I fully understand my sins. However, for them to have a better life I'm willing to commit these acts."

"They always attempt to convince me to stop when I visit them. Unfortunately the reason I did this in the first place is because I was forced to. If I rejected it they would've been killed. I'm way too involved to back out." he continued.

"What the hell are you talking about?" asked the confused man.

"Why do we have so much corruption in this country!? Not to mention the crime rate here is too high! The excellent thing about this job is being able to murder pieces of shit like you."

Ignoring the question, he kept on complaining about things beyond his power to fix. Angry, he swung the machete at his head, killing him on the spot. The man's expression contained no guilt for the death. Turning off the flashlight of his phone, a number was dialed.

"Hello?" the voice spoke.

"I finished the job. I better be getting paid more than usual."

"Oh, it's you. Alright, let me get the money, just wait a bit."

Once the call ended, he sat down staring at the dark sky.

"Looks like I'll be cleaning this for a while."

After cleaning up the mess he put the remains in a trash bag leaving it in the corner of the deserted house.

It has been a month since I last visited them. I'll be sure to visit them tomorrow.

Having such thoughts he went home. Opening the door, what greeted him was no one. The house was completely devoid of people. He took a shower as his clothes got dirty from all the blood. He changed into a black tracksuit pants with white stripes down the side, a tracksuit jacket with a standup collar, having the same white stripes down the side. Beneath it he wore a black t-shirt. Quickly he cleaned his weapon and went to the spot where he would get paid.

The following hours were spent talking to his younger brother on a different phone. The older model was used for work while the newer one was for communication with his siblings, and everyday life. Their conversation consisted of: checking if everything was going well and anime. Nothing about the details of his work were mentioned in case the call was being listened to. It was actually his younger brother who introduced him to anime. Though he enjoyed watching in his spare time, which wasn't a lot, the main reason he got into it was to have something to chat about with his brother.

Even if you never forgive what I did in the past and still do, that's fine by me but...can I at least be a good family member to you? Be someone who you can rely on? Isn't that why...

The last thought silently drifted away as he focused on engaging in the conversation. By the time they finished their opinions about what they would do if they got transported to another world the sun had risen a little. Feeling tired he put his Iphone on the table, and an alarm was set at 2:00 pm. The drug dealer flip phone stayed in his pocket.

Stretching and yawning he closed his eyes. Rubbing his eyes he opened them. However he wasn't in the same room anymore, he got immediately blinded by the bright sunlight. When his sight adjusted he was standing in the middle of somewhere unknown.

Looking around his gaze scanned the whole area. There were several people walking around, some had animal ears and tails, others were animals the size of humans with clothes strolling around.

"Huh?"

A dumbfounded sound escaped his mouth.

I must be dreaming, there's no way this is happening! W-w-wait!!!

He swiftly took out his phone only to remember that it was a flip phone.

I left the other one behind, didn't I? If I really am in another world I won't be able to come back?! Most of them often never go back to their home land. I need to go back! They'll assume I defected, which means my family will be!!!

His heart dropped, he ran to the nearest alleyway just off the main road to not disturb anyone. Then he began punching the wall over and over even when they started bleeding he didn't stop. Blood dripped through his knuckles and onto the ground. Ignoring the pain or perhaps trying to direct the pain to different spots. His body temperature dropped, as his heart rate increased. The nauseous sensation present caused him to vomit.

Such actions abruptly stopped once he came to the conclusion that he was throwing away precious time he could be spending on gathering info about the current situation.

No, I cannot afford to waste time like this. I'll have to figure out where I am and if it's possible to go back. For now I need to push those negative thoughts away or else I won't be able to concentrate.

He waited until he calmed down before exiting the alley.

There he bumps into someone.

"Ah, my bad." he apologized.

"Nah, it's okay."

They responded and kept walking.

Interestingly, I can communicate with ease though that can't be said for reading and writing.

When he had his panic attack and ran he briefly glimpsed at some kind of writing engraved onto a sign which sadly wasn't readable to him.

Now, let's see what they had.

What he saw when he opened his palm was one gold coin, which had the figure of a person, twelve silver coins, which had another figure of a person, and three copper coins, which contained a figure of a castle.

Hmm, it doesn't seem like the currency I own will be taken as payment. As for these coins I'll be keeping them.

On the opposite pocket held currency from his previous world which also happened to be coins. He put it in the same pocket evidently mixing them together. Surveying the signs confirmed his suspicions.

Yeah, I can't read any of these hieroglyphic looking letters. On top of that most people have unique hair colors, there're demi-humans, then there's humanoid animals. Hopefully I'll find more individuals with black hair to not draw attention to myself.

First and foremost obtaining a weapon is a requirement needed to advance in this type of fantasy world where magic is normally used. Currently the best option is to ask someone who is traveling, selling goods to many different locations, and involved in trade, specifically merchants.

He spotted many carriages neatly lined. Instead of horse, mule, or any other animal there stood a reptile resembling a lizard but gigantic compared to normal lizards. Closely inspecting their activities and their owners he finally decided who to question. He approached a man with brown hair, green eyes, and seemed to be in his mid-twenties.

"Hey."

He raised his hand, getting the attention of the merchant. The merchant's eyes widened in shock, perhaps startled by the sudden appearance of him, regrettably we will never know since he bowed.

"What may you need, sir."

His respectful tone kind of surprised him.

I do remember hearing that Japanese people are usually very polite and respectful. Maybe it's similar here?

"As you see I'm not from here. I'm traveling around and I am wondering where to purchase weapons."

"A weapon store, you say."

They put their hands on their chin, stroking it. He gave instructions on what path to use to get there. Overall he was a very nice person in his opinion.

"Okay, thanks. Well, sorry for troubling you."

"Don't mention it. It's the least I can do."

Following his instructions he came across it, entering he found many types of weapons.

"Welcome." greeted the person behind the counter.

"Hello, I would like to see the cheapest weapon you got."

He declared with no shame whatsoever.

"Very well."

"We got a fine selection even if it's on the lower scale in terms of price. Here is the most affordable sword at a price of six silver coins, while here this dagger has better materials at the cost of being smaller, the price is eleven silver coins."

"Two options, huh?" he muttered.

"Can I unsheathe them?" asked the main character.

"Certainly." Reluctantly agreeing he handed them over.

After swinging both weapons a few times he gave his thoughts on it.

The sword probably is the better option. However I'm more comfortable using this dagger than a sword. Furthermore the materials are superior.

"I'll be taking the dagger."

"That should be ten silvers. Would—"

"...ce"

"Excuse me?"

"I said lower the price." He demanded.

"You know we can't do tha—"

"Do you think I don't know?"

"Huh?" The man tilted his head in confusion.

"The price was deliberately increased due to my appearance as an outsider. That might work for others excluding me of course."

His tone was one that was tired of experiencing the same thing over and over again.

"Alright, it'll be ten silver coins—!"

His eyes narrowed, his sanpaku aided how threatening he looked.

"I won't be asking again."

"F-f-fine, seven silver coins final deal."

Giving the coins and taking the weapon, he turned to the exit.

"Talking like it is some kind of deal when in reality you're just being greedy." he said under his breath.

Wandering he slowly figured out the world he was summoned to. By the time he finished it was late at night, he was in the fifth district also called the poor district. Naturally he didn't know this yet.

He discovered a place to stay which was an outbuilding where they definitely did illegal stuff. Luckily it was unoccupied for the time being. On guard he went to sleep.

It took a while before he could get an ounce of sleep. Waking up from an unpleasant dream, his body was drenched in sweat. Feeling weak, tired with no energy at all was not the greatest way to start the day.

Guess I really am in another world. When will I meet the one who summoned me? I want to see what their motive is for bringing me here, no I need to! Though I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Forcing himself to move he touched something other than the ground. Because of the darkness of the outbuilding he couldn't properly see what it was. He grasped what felt like a cover. Going outside to have a better look at which the light revealed was some type of book.

The book had a black cover; the contents of the pages were blank making him question for the purpose of being left empty.

What is this?

A/N

So I started a new fanfic. I'll be doing this one in third person. Since I'm still improving in writing there may be grammatical errors and stuff like that. Anyways I have a lot of ideas planned out for this fanfic but there's some things I want to mention before I continue more chapters.

1. Will Subaru be in the story?

I plan for this OC to replace Subaru for various reasons. Don't get me wrong, Subaru's one of my favorite protagonists but if I add him, he'll take away the spotlight from the OC. If you really want him I may rethink my choice though in my opinion it's better for the OC to replace Subaru. And yes he will get return by death.

2. What type of character will he be?

We keep reading to find out! In all seriousness I want to say before people get the wrong impression on him, that he won't be a cold hearted type of character to a certain extent. While he was shown killing someone it was also showed that he greatly cared for his family hence his lines. I assure you he won't show mercy to his enemies. You'll probably have to wait to see more of his character.

3. The timeline?

I kind of want to experiment on it and send him back prior to the main story. Like when the witch of envy transported him, she messed up and send him back a couple of years back and when his first death happens he'll return to the same place but right when the main story occurs. Is it a good idea?

If you have any questions then feel free to ask them as I'll answer them in the next chapter.

By the way, this has been posted on another fan fiction site, that's why some of the author note's may not make sense, since I posted them already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 85 34
I do not own Re: zero that is owned by Tappei Nagatsuki. I started writing this after the other fanfic. heard of one loop in the Re: Zero series tha...
10.4K 238 9
You were just normal person with a normal life and you were just suddenly teleported to one of the most dangerous anime worlds with the original body...
209 17 11
What happens when you take a good guy, give him a shitty life and make him live through a trash life with a moderate 9-5 job? you make a suicidal man...
1.2K 280 41
Seven brothers, seven clubs, seven easy ways to descend into the depths of Hell. Andromeda Lykaios, a fiery red-head who has been thrust into the wo...