Outliers [L.S]

By louisrrry

"Louis, let me be open with you," he mutters softly. My brain was pounding with warnings. I knew deep down t... More

Prologue*
1*
2*
3*
4*
5*
6*
7
8*
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18*
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40

35

164 6 5
By louisrrry

Louis' pov:

I followed Harry past the destroyed meeting room. It has only been a few hours since it's destruction and already it was blocked off. A few guys put the final nails into the wooden planks. The only sign of what happened inside was the stained white bricks outside. They had streaks blacker than night snaking all over it. It was odd, how the wall looked to have cracks but really it was just the residue from the smoke.

Harry pushed open a door a few feet away, letting me in first. I spotted our old attacker tied to a new chair, glaring up at Liam who was standing nonchalantly. Liam looked up as I entered, beaming a smile. I smiled back, a little more awkward. I was so awkward with everything now; since when whatever happened in that one room happened. I haven't had much time to think about that certain event, no matter how much it nagged at my brain.

Harry shuts the door beside me, his boots pounding louder the closer he gets. He comes into my vision as he bends over the guy. The bald man's nose flares, showing his anger for Harry.

Harry pulls the cloth from his mouth, resulting in the guy spitting on him immediately. Harry becomes stiff, his arm hanging in the air awkwardly as he registers what's happened to him. Then the guy is smacked across the face, his head flying with the impact.

"Fucking asshole," Harry barks, wiping his face with his new shirt. It was a more casual button down than usual. A solid bright pink.

"I'm not telling any of you shit. No matter how much you torture me," the guy barks as a reply. Heat rushes over my neck, slight rage floating through me. Harry folds his hands behind his back, standing straight. His face was emotionless, telling me just how mad he truly was. If his stance wasn't enough.

"Oh you will," Liam counters. The guy stares at him, never blinking. I notice as the guy's arm twitches, grabbing my attention. It happened several more times, and suddenly I knew what he was doing. Or trying to do.

I step around him, snatching his wrists. He was seconds from breaking from his bounds. I wondered how no one else noticed. I pressed my foot to the bottom of his chair, letting him fall to the ground. Sure, he could still escape but it would be more noticeable and less likely. He stared up at me with some sort of emotion in his eyes but it was so odd I couldn't tell what it was. It seemed to be 20 emotions smashed into one. I'm sure he was angry with me.

"Who do you work for," Harry orders. He paced around him, his hands still behind his back. His face is still blank. The guy's eyes never left me.

"Nobody."

Harry stops, bending down over the guy. Finally his eyes shifted from me, glaring harshly at Harry instead. Harry clicks his tongue before standing straight again, continuing his pacing. The room fell silent for several seconds.

Then Harry's slamming his booted foot into the guy's face. Blood is immediately pouring down. His nose completely sunken in. I don't bat an eye at the gruesome sight. Harry has acted out in violent ways before, this wasn't any different. On the other hand, I've seen my dad do worse.

"I asked you, who are you working for? You're to answer my questions without fooling around," Harry snarls.

"Someone you know," the guy replies. His teeth were covered with his own blood. His front teeth were completely missing now. I could see his tongue poke out where his teeth were supposed to be as he spoke. Harry hums at his reply.

"Tell me, who are you," Harry asks, starting his pace again.

"Paul."

"Okay Paul. What do you call yourselves?"

"The serpents."

"What is it that you guys want," Liam asks this time. His eyebrows furrowed. I patiently wait for Paul's reply.

"You'll find out," Paul replies, his face scrunched. Harry stops, causing Paul to continue frantically. "Right now. I guess," he spits. He swallows heavily.

"Our mission is," Paul stops, trailing off. His eyes float aimlessly around the room, then he's shaking. The chair clatters on the ground as it shakes with him. Within seconds his mouth is foaming. He gurgles loudly as he frantically shakes. Im rushing to turn him to his side but since I knocked his chair over, it's more effort than it should be.

Once he's on his side, I undo his bounds. Behind me Harry stops pacing, and I catch Liam dashing from the room in my peripheral vision.

I pry his mouth open, ignoring the amount of blood pooling inside. Already Paul's eyes have rolled to the back of his head. He had to be having a seizure. I found that thought to be insane. He had to be in perfect health to be a part of a group called the 'the serpents'. Especially if their whole thing was tossing people around. Plus, when he was chasing us he did it so effortlessly. He even managed to hold out on Harry's strength who I knew was decently young. Then even me, who was 19, could only barely out run him.

Then the room goes eerily quiet. Paul stops shaking, and he lets out one last sigh. His eyes sliding back down where he will always endlessly look forward. I unwillingly pull back from him, glancing up at Harry with my eyebrows pinched together.

"I think he had a seizure," I muttered, standing straighter. Suddenly Harry's rushing to Paul's side, kicking his limp body and rolling him onto his back. My fingers fiddled together as I watched him. I was nervous Harry would explode with anger and take it out on me.

"It had to be some sort of thing his leader put in him so he couldn't tell anyone any important things," Harry suddenly says.

I don't get the chance to reply as Niall runs into the room, Liam shortly behind him.

"What happened," Niall asks. He stands beside Harry and I. I felt like hugging him. I was glad to find out he was alive. I was worried that he would end up dead, especially when I didn't find him with Harry earlier. I had questions to ask but that would have to wait.

"Louis thinks a seizure," Harry replied. His eyes quickly glance at me before he's looking away again.

Niall crouches down beside Paul, pulling out a pocket knife. He's quick to slice his shirt, exposing Paul's chest. My eyes widen as I bend down for a better look at what's in front of me. Nothing I have ever seen before.

All of his veins were darkened to a black. I glanced at his hands, suddenly noticing they were also black. I just hadn't noticed during my rush of trying to save him.

"Definitely was one," Niall counters, trailing his index finger over one of the black veins. He reaches up, pushing back Paul's hair at his neck. I felt even more shocked to see a wire sticking out beside his neck. It looked to be inserted behind his ear.

"What the hell," I whispered, crouching down beside Niall. I tugged on the wire, before it suddenly came loose. Black liquid spurts out, staining the marble floor. I wrinkle my nose, tossing the wire. With disgust, I wiped my hands over my clean jeans. Staining black spots into them. I was a bit sad with the stains, knowing these were few of the only pairs of jeans I liked.

A loud buzzing fills the room, making me jump. My heart still raced from my slight scare as Harry digs into Paul's pocket, pulling out a phone. I couldn't see the reason for the noise from here but by the way Harry's eyebrows flew up I knew it was something interesting.

"No caller ID. Should I answer," Harry asks, answering my wonders about what on the phone was making the noise. Liam answers before the rest of us.

"For sure. We have no clue who it could be and it most likely could be his boss." Harry nods at Liam's words, swiping his thumb over the phone. I admired how his hands seemed to engulf the object.

"Hello," Harry says, a little cautiously. Harry gives the phone a tap, and then the quiet room is filled with the noise of movement through the phone speaker.

"Sad your interrogation didn't work out," the person says. Their voice is very deep. I could tell they were using some sort of voice changing program.

"Who is this," Harry snarls.

"Don't you want to know? That's okay. You might find out. That's if you were smart enough to figure it out. But you're not so." The person drags on the so, sounding very mocking.

Harry's knuckles turn white around the phone. "Do you know who you're speaking with?"

"Harry styles. Niall Horan, Liam Payne and oh," they pause. "Louis Tomlinson are all the people I'm speaking with. Fantastic group you are!"

A lump forms in my throat. I glance back down to the cord sticking out of Paul's neck.

"Oh Louis, that's not how I see you!" my face turns unbearably hot. "Anyway... I won't keep you any longer but you were right. Paul's death was from a seizure. The poison that was laced into his system was close to cyanide. But before you, Niall Horan, get any ideas it's not anything you have heard of." Then the lines dead.

"Niall track this phone and Liam take Louis to his room he will be staying in. I'm burning this body and then talking to some people," Harry barks, thrusting the phone into Niall's hands. He takes it, red faced before dashing from the room. I wished I had a moment to talk to him but he obviously had more important things to do now.

"Louis, I'll talk to you after but for now you can settle in," Harry says, before turning from me and throwing Paul's body over his shoulder effortlessly.

"It's okay. Harry will figure this out," Liam reassured me. I smile gently. He's good at reading emotions, which is a thing I've started to notice.

"I know," I muttered.

***

The room I had here was much smaller than the room I had at Harry's old place. It was even smaller than my little studio apartment. It only had room for a side table that I'm going to have to use as a dresser. A small walk-in closet that wasn't even usable, and a tiny bathroom. I think it's even smaller than a motel room.

I tossed my bag on my bed. I had to retrieve it from Niall's room, and I was surprised to find a stuffed animal inside when I opened it. I raised an eyebrow, pulling out the stuffed animal with a tiny smirk. It was a purple elephant. Very cute too, but obviously meant to be a child's imaginary friend. Nonetheless I placed it amongst the pillows on my twin sized bed.

Shortly after I placed the little amount of clothes I brought into my tiny dresser/nightstand. Without thought, I threw away my dirty boxers with a red face.

I figured that even if Harry doesn't like me, and my feelings for him does grow the way they want. I could settle with the small kisses we share. I could settle to have his company. And I could most definitely settle for how his hands feel on me. My cheeks grew hotter at just the thought. Maybe a cold shower would be a good idea.

My shower went by awfully quick. Quicker than I anticipated anyway. Usually my wank sessions would be longer but now that I had wank fuel it was easy. Let's just say that my shower wasn't cold like it should have been.

I jumped into a pair of sweatpants. Even though it was the colder months in England, I found myself hot in my room, not wanting a shirt. I climbed into bed, pulling the covers over me. I was sort of annoyed that I had no tv either, but I had a phone now so it would have to do.

I plugged my phone into the charger, while turning it on its side. I clicked the Netflix app, and watched a random show.

Eventually my eyes became heavy. I knew it had to do with the long day. Within two days I have had to fight for my life, so even with my fathers words that he engraved into my brain about my body having no limit, I knew mine has reached its. The yawn that ripped through me was a sign enough. Although, the show I found had been good so I was unwilling to put it away. Despite that, I still placed my phone on the side table.

I drift off into a sleep filled with dreams of a long haired boy.

***

I'm ripped from my sleep by the door opening. That's another thing I hated about my room. The creaking hinges.

I shifted to my other side so I was facing the door. Harry carried a bag in his hands, once again in a different outfit. He wore a white button down with a random black blazer. His jeans hugged his long legs like they usually would, and he still wore his stupid brown boots. Although, this time his hair was pushed back with a pair of sunglasses. I raised a brow with curiosity, sitting up on my elbow.

"Sunglasses?"

Harry's lips pulled into a smirk as he walked to my small bed. I silently wondered how we would both fit on it, but I pushed it away. Who knows if he was going to stay to talk with me? Either way, I sat up fully, pulling the blankets around my shoulders for they drape over my naked chest.

"I just got back from five guys," he babbles. He places the brown bag on my bed. I was slightly worried about the grease that could soak in my sheets.

"So you need sunglasses? What is it? The 18th hour," I asked while prying the bag open. I was excited to see a burger inside. I was worried Harry was a fries only kind of guy.

"Yeah. It's not like I'm wearing them. I'm using them to keep my hair back," Harry mumbled. The bed dips as he sits down beside me. The earlier worry if we would both fit rushed back.

"Put your hair up," I offered, before taking a bite into my burger. The grease soaked my tongue, but I found it to be a delightful taste. I grinned while chewing.

"I was in a rush so I didn't." Harry throws his long legs onto the bed, stretching them out in front of him. I felt like yelling at him to get his dirty boots off my white sheets but I didn't want to start an argument.

"Why were you in a rush," I questioned with my mouth full. I blush slightly, swallowing. "Do you have a drink," I add. Harry hands me his soda cup. Although I felt bad for drinking his drink, I take it anyway.

"I thought you were hungry," he answers. I swallow the last part of my sandwich, thumbing the grease from the corners of my mouth. Without much thought I wiped it on my sweats.

"Plus," Harry continues. "I thought we could just forget everything. Go out for shakes maybe."

The side of my mouth quirks up. I bite the inside of my bottom lip before answering.

"That would be nice."

Harry grins, grabbing the empty fast food bag from my bed. He holds a hand out for me. I shyly take his hand, despite myself. I wished my heart wouldn't race like a middle school girl.

"Oh," I blurted once I felt the cold air over my bare chest. The blankets had kept me so warm that I've forgotten that I don't have a shirt on. I bend over my small bed, digging into the small stand for a shirt. I grab whatever I feel first which happens to be a blue crew neck. I was glad though, I wouldn't be cold and I wasn't totally sure what Harry had in mind.

"Ready," Harry asks, a cheeky smile on his face. He shows the greased covered bag into the trash. I was worried he saw the boxers in there, but if he did, he didn't say anything.

"Sure am," I answered, retaking his offered hand.

_____

IM SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE- im pretty sure im going to work Tuesday-Thursday each week but we'll have to see.

Also this job is so much better than my old one-

Anyone else really tired from school? (Weirdly enough school wears me out while work makes me excited.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 34.5K 41
"You think you can come onto my field and talk to me like you own this place?" He yells and I see a couple figures jump from his reaction, and I don'...
721 31 23
Reuploaded story by BeyondxLawliet of Ao3 This is a story where Harry kidnaps Louis. A small bit of the story: "Let's go out to my car, yeah?" he hea...
195K 4.5K 36
Harry could tell he was upset. He denied it, but Harry knew, Harry always knew. He wanted to comfort him, but couldn't take the chance of someone see...
12.8K 618 50
The idea for this story came from "Kill Your Darlings," but in a more modern world way. Louis Tomlinson begins college in London after transferring...