𝗖𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 || WMM...

By SocietyMenace

"I've accepted I was not to be loved in the first place. There was no happy ending for me from the very begin... More

[ . . . ] Character Analysis
[Chapter I : Crown Prince]
[ Chapter II : Her Brother ]
[ Chapter III : Sting ]
[ Chapter IV : Jealousy ]
[ Chapter V: Different ]
[ Chapter VII : Savior ]
[ Chapter VIII : Welcome Back ]
[ Chapter IX: Comfort ]

[ Chapter VI : Corruption ]

11.8K 781 1.3K
By SocietyMenace

Third Point of View

The sound of the clock clicked in the background as the pale haired prince drowned in his sorrows. Claude was someone he wished to be loved by, he wanted to stay by his side— and tomorrow he was sending him back to a field of blood and death.

Atanas was strong, he would be fine.

The 9 year old boy sat on the edge of his bed, hands clasped together as they rested on his lap. It was already past noon time, and he should be asleep to gather the energy for tomorrow.

His eyes were not shining with innocence like Athanasia, the light behind his eyes were long stripped of when he was forced to kill a human being.

Atanas was strong though, he would be fine.

The battle field was perhaps not as bad as what he heard of from Felix. The front lines was somewhere that anything could kill you if you let your guard down for even one second. He could survive...

Atanas stared down at his hands in his lap before his eyes widened a little. His right hand was trembling— he quickly squeezed it with his opposite hand in attempt to stop the shaking.

Atanas was not strong enough.

He was scared.

Knock
Knock

His head shot up at the noise, attention going to the door of his room. "Your highness...? Are you awake?"

'Felix.' The boy quietly thought to himself.

He couldn't face him— not after what happened today. He managed to avoid Claude's eyes but he wouldn't be able to avoid Felix's gaze if he were to meet him like this.

Atanas stayed quiet, not responding to the call.

Despite the lack of answer, he heard a small 'forgive my intrusion' and the sound of his door opening.

His posture stiffened as he heard Felix enter his room, but did not greet him. Instead, the guard came to him and gently kneeled in front of the young Prince.

Felix frowned as Atanas kept his jeweled eyes cast down, avoiding eye contact.

"Your highness... I understand that you may feel frustrated, and I'm sorry for my lack of care to you." He apologized, bowing his head.

Atanas's fists tightened as he shook his head. He refused to be vulnerable in front of the red head. He couldn't be vulnerable in front of anyone— as no one cared to listen in the first place.

"But you must understand that you are the older between you and princess Athanasia."

There he goes again— like everyone else, Athanasia this, Athanasia that. Atanas felt the same burning feeling of envy in his chest once more.

"And so what if I am?" He muttered out in response.

Felix quickly lifted his head, happy to finally hear Atanas talk to him. The male placed his hands over the younger's shoulders and looked at him,

"You must act responsibly as you are older. I am not supposed to say such a thing to the crown prince, but I am saying this as someone who cares for you and her highness. Please be the big brother the princess needs... Her highness—"Felix hesitated, "her highness is a very lonely child. Just yesterday evening she asked to see what Lady Diana looked like."

Atanas bit his tongue before he would let something bad escape his mouth. His lips trembled and his brows furrowed.

"Felix— I..."

'I'm lonely too, Felix'

"...I understand. I'll try to be better."

Felix smiled and let out a sigh of relief before pulling Atanas by the shoulders, into him, hugging the boy.

"Please survive and come back to us safely, my prince."

Atanas couldn't say anything, and looked out his balcony with a crestfallen expression.

Slowly, his hands came up to hug Felix back. He closed his eyes and squeezed the male tightly, burying his face in Felix's shoulder.

Atanas was tired.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Morning came to the Obelian empire too quickly, as Atanas had no sleep at all. His body was plagued with a nightmare and it caused him to stay up the whole night.

He saw a man in his nightmare— reaching out to him and holding him in his arms while Claude watched with his disinterested eyes.

Atanas shook his head as he sheathed his sword into its holder. The boy looked into the mirror,

There was a boy with pale blond hair, and jeweled eyes that stared at him with a dull look.

Atanas lowered his gaze before turning away, and walked to the door.

No one was escorting him today, he would go to the front lines by a carriage before having to stop to go to the camp by horse. It was a dangerous journey from then on.

Atanas stood outside of Sapphire palace, hand resting on the hilt of his sword as he waited for his carriage to arrive.

It was quiet this early in the morning— but his mornings were always quiet anyways. Now, it gave him a sense of discomfort.

Atanas shuffled in his place as he heard the sounds of his carriage and the horse trotting. He looked up and saw the carriage approaching.

The imperial carriage came to stop in front of him as the coachman tilted his hat to the prince. "Blessings and glory to the future Sun of the Obelian empire."

With a wave of his hand, he dismissed the greeting. The man opened the door for him, and just as Atanas was about to step in, a voiced called out to him,

"Big brother, wait!"

The peaceful morning was ruined as he pushed down the urge to draw his sword and point it at the girl's neck.

Instead, he craned his neck to look over his shoulder.

Athanasia panted a little from running and she had a maid by her side, if he could recall correctly, her name was Lily.

"What is it? I'm busy." He glared, answering her call bitterly.

Instead of cowering, the girl looked at him with determination in those big eyes of hers. She held out her hand and Atanas looked down at what she held out to him,

It was a handkerchief, with a terrible job of embroidery stitched on the corner. The picture looked like a yellow duck, with a baby duck next to it.

"...What is that thing." He did not hold back on his apathetic tone, looking at the handkerchief, unimpressed.

Athanasia felt an irk at the comment but smiled at him, puffing her chubby cheeks. "Athy made it for you. Athy's sorry... about yesterday. Big brother got in trouble again and- and papa is sending you somewhere scary."

She pushed her hands closer to the prince, insisting.

"Take this! It'll be a good luck charm..!"

Atanas stared down at the ugly embroidered handkerchief with no emotion.

"Sorry to interrupt your highnesses, but if we don't leave now, Prince Atanas will be in trouble..." The coachman spoke up.

Athanasia whipped her head to look at the man before back to her brother, and pleaded with her eyes, "Athy worked hard on it so—"

"What a bother." Atanas snatched the handkerchief out of her hands roughly before stepping into the carriage. The coachman closed the door after he entered, and moved to the front of the carriage.

Athanasia's eye twitched, 'This kid, seriously! Haaaah- I'll let it go because I feel bad.'

Atanas glanced down from the window of the carriage, "Go back. It was needless to come out here."

Lily agreed with the prince, insisting for Athanasia to return to bed as it was still very early. "Please listen to the crown prince, princess. It is cold out this morning."

Athanasia shook her head and placed her hands on her hips, "I wanna see big brother off!"

She felt guilty, knowing he was being punished because of her. The least she could do is see him off. She didn't know how long he would be gone for— and hopefully it won't be too long. As much as Athanasia doesn't like him, he was a kid as well.

Atanas looked away and didn't meet her gaze.

He started, "If I die out there—"

Athanasia flinched but kept her innocent smile.

"—I will have them send this handkerchief that would be stained with my blood, back to you," The boy glanced at his sister this time as he finished, "so you can understand that while you are here being loved, I was out there suffering because of you."

Athanasia froze as she stared up at her brother, wide eyed.

He smiled, satisfied at her reaction.

"Have a fun time, sister."

The carriage started moving as the coachman whipped the reins, the horses beginning to run from the strike.

Athanasia shook as she screamed in her head,

'Is that boy from a villain otome game?! You're in the wrong genre!'

Athanasia sighed— she should've slapped the handkerchief in the boy's face instead of handing it over nicely.

But she would give him a pass— as his time in battle would be harsh. Athanasia did not understand her half brother, and she probably never will. But what he said to her the other day stuck with her the entire night.

"I- I was not wanted while you were..! Father will never look at me as his son, but a mistake! Do not say we are the same!"

His voice echoed in her head. Athy shook her head to rid of the words.

'Pah... Looking at the bastard Claude, there was no way he was happy to hear Diana was pregnant with me. He probably tried to kill her and I as soon as he heard the news!' Athanasia thought to herself.

Atanas probably misunderstood... theres no way... right?

♡︎♡︎♡︎

2 years Later

Atanas panted as he wiped the blood away from his forehead, feeling it drip down from the wound. He closed his right eye, squeezing it shut so the blood wouldn't spill into it.

The soldiers who were fighting alongside him, were all more than half dead. Only a few remained standing, some just barely.

It was clear that his father was hiding the threat of a rebelling Kingdom, that wanted war with Obelia. It explained the amount of soldiers in the front lines.

However, casualties were lowered due to the young boy. He was taught by none other than Felix Robane himself, after all.

The boy's grip was weakening on his sword, but pushed past his body's pleads to rest. Pale fingers wrapped themselves tightly around the hilt of his sword and raised it,

"Do not give into fear! Do whatever it takes to fight on for the future of Obelia!" Atanas craned his neck, eyes darting around the field of fallen bodies for any enemies.

The men who were left with him, replied with a yell,

"Yes your highness!" The men yelled in unison.

The battle ensued, and Atanas who was now 11 years old, did not realize how long his hair had gotten until his bangs blocked his vision. His jeweled eyes, covered by the pale strands of hair.

He heard bodies falling left and right— and he couldn't tell if they were his men, or the enemy kingdom's.

Atanas's eyes shook as he gripped the hilt of his sword,

"Your highness—!?"

"No- please! SPARE ME-!"

"Help me! Your highness HEL—"

The boy's eyes darted left and right as he cut the throat of a man who tried to stab him from behind.

"Do not falter!" Atanas yelled, unable to understand if he was saying that to his men, or to himself.

The crown prince held both hands on his sword, pushing it to his side before swinging around, stabbing another man through the chest. The body fell on top of the soldier who was in danger.

"Your highness! T-thank you..!"

Atanas ignored the gratitude and squeezed his eyes shut, feeling blood drip into his eyes from his head wound.

"Get up!" He grinded his teeth, and at the stern order, the man got up and fled back to base.

He did not hear the screaming of his men, neither being killed or killing. Instead, he looked up and saw the enemy army and it's men, raising their swords to the sky with wicked grins.

Atanas was the only one standing on the field.

Piles of bodies surrounded across the fields of the border of Obelia, both his men and the enemies. He couldn't differentiate between the two.

A man twice his size, clad in armor smirked as he gazed upon the young prince, his black horse overshadowing his height.

"Well, if it isn't the crown prince. Or do I say that?— seeing how your own father has abandoned you to die."

Atanas did not respond, eyes glaring with hatred behind his long bangs, serving as a curtain to hide his jeweled eyes.

"Surrender now, and I will spare your life." Atanas sternly declared, hand wrapped around his sword, specifically given to him by Felix on his 9th birthday.

The man laughed at the declaration of the mere 11 year old. The soldiers who remained alive laughing along with him.

"Look around you! There are still many of my men left— so you really think you can survive this?" The captain laughed, "I will carve out those blue jeweled eyes of yours and keep them for myself...!"

Atanas prepared himself, his stance in position, muscles tensing, and his heart beat loudly in his chest.

BADUMP

BADUMP

BADUMP

"CHARGE!"

Around 50 men, along with the man leading them, charged at the boy who stood alone, not quivering at the danger.

Wielding his sword, he grinded his teeth together and yelled with each swing he took, not caring who he was slicing down anymore.

Atanas was tired of this.

'I want...'

Taking down 12 men, the boy's arms burned out of fatigue of holding such a heavy sword.

'I want to go home...'

His body ached, having taken beatings to save the other soldiers, his wounds from the previous fights caught up to him.

The male had tears in his eyes, knees buckling before falling to the ground.

'Get up! GET UP!' He yelled at himself, mouth open as no voice could come out from his parched throat.

The young prince dug his fingers into the dirt beneath him, moist from being mixed with the blood that has spilt from the bodies of the fallen.

Atanas heard laughter, his ears ringing. Everything around him felt unreal as the ringing grew louder. Attempting to turn his gaze away from the ground, he saw his surroundings doubling.

Suddenly, the face of a young girl popped in his head, her chubby cheeks smiling as she held the hand of the one he wanted to be loved by the most.

"Big brother!"

Eyes shooting open, he pushed himself up to his knees, and he brought his palms out in front of him, shakily holding its position.

If he were to die here...!

Hatred was scorching in his jeweled eyes that had a light glow to it, a glimmer of blue behind his blond bangs.

If he were to die here— that princess would take his rightful spot by Claude...!

"I can't...die here..." He coughed, voice raspy and barely audible.

Atanas's eyes glowed brighter than it's ever been before, and a red magic circle formed between his hands that he held out before him.

The leader of the troops faltered, hesitating as he saw the magic circle. "Y-You dare?! I'll rip off those fingers of yours one by one!"

Despite threatening him, Atanas didn't falter. Instead, he focused all of his mana into one placement.

"Do you hear me?!" The man's voice weakened as sweat rolled down his face. He knew of the imperial family's grand mana— Atanas's eyes were that way because of their unique mana...!

Grinding his teeth he turned around and began to run,

"EVERYONE FALL BA—?!"

Atanas released the gathered up mana, and an explosion cut the enemy general off as he screamed out of pain.

The painful screams of more men followed after their general, as their skin were torn apart by Atanas's malice.

"SAVE ME!"

"AGHH!"

Burning hands reached out to anything that could save them, as their flesh were torn to bits. The crown Prince's mana was gathered and formed into malice, causing a calamity instead of a normal spell.

The screams echoed all around him, coming in every direction. The smell of burnt flesh— the smell of blood...

PANG

Atanas felt a sharp stabbing feeling in his chest, and he fell forward before vomiting up blood, choking on it in the process.

The boy squeezed the area around his chest as he panted heavily, before shakily wiping his mouth clean of his blood.

Despite his body about to collapse, and the dizziness that struck him badly, the blonde boy wobbily stood up, his knees buckling.

He wondered... what was his father doing at the moment?

Jeweled eyes turned to look at the sky.

Atanas craved for his father's love, even up to his death. 11 years... it was okay to live up to here right?

The boy saw his vision darkening, and his body fell forward, heading towards the blood covered ground.

'Once I die... will father mourn for me?'

Was his last thoughts as his eyes fluttered to shut.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"...!"

Atanas felt something soft instead— no sticky dirt that was mixed with blood of the fallen— the solid ground did not meet him with his death.

The boy struggled to pry his eyelids to open, slowly, he fluttered his blond lashes open, revealing his tired jeweled eyes.

He saw a familiar looking person as his vision was blurred, trying to focus.

Blue, jeweled eyes..!

"Father...?" He rasped out, voice weak and dry.

As his vision came to focus more clearly, Atanas saw someone who was not his father. The boy grunted out of pain as he was shifted against the chest he fell into.

The person let out a chuckle.

"This is surprising. I come back and I'm greeted with this..." The voice was unfamiliar, and at the unknown voice, Atanas shoved away out of the stranger's hold.

His eyes attempting to clear up, Atanas's weakened body refused to let him move anymore— lest he really dies this time.

Atanas, slowly looked up to meet the eyes of the stranger, and the man smiled at him, hidden intentions behind it.

"Ah... your head— are you alright, Prince Atanas?"

(DO NOT STEAL PLEASE!)

Atanas attempted to open his mouth, his lips parting to respond. He felt strange— as he stared into the charcoal eyes, he blinked, eyelids  heavy.

Did he mistaken him for Claude...? He has no jeweled eyes like he saw before. But that was probably due to his body being on the verge of death...

"Y..ou..." Atanas stammered.

Before he could try to do anything else, the young prince fell forward once more, this time, unconscious. His body was unable to hold out any longer, as he was running on adrenaline.

The black haired male stepped forward and caught the boy with one arm, and stared at the face of the passed out prince.

"This isn't a fairy tale, you know." He had a closed eye smile, speaking to no one but the unconscious prince in his arms.

The male's smile formed into a smirk, his eyes opening to reveal jeweled eyes, tints of red swimming in the blue hues of them.

"Your mana... you released malice." He chuckled as he eyed the boy, "What good luck to fall into my hands when I just came back from the dead."

The late emperor, who was thought to be dead by the hands of his own brother, Anastacius De Alger Obelia crawled back from death.

The previous emperor grinned, wickedness in his expression, as he placed an arm under Atanas's legs to carry the boy bridal style. "You can't die here— not yet."

Anastacius glanced down at the prince.

"I'll take everything from him... starting with you."

♡︎♡︎♡︎

A/N: GAHAHA I TRICKED YOU GUYS! I wanted to have a little fun heh. Anyway's I hope you are all satisfied with the chapter! About the drawing— I wanted to try and copy the style of who made me a princess, and draw Atanas! Sorry if it looks weird or bad (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) I don't do art, I only color manga panels if I'm bored :< Anyways, marry Christmas (if you celebrate it >~<) and happy new year guys! ♡︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.1K 2.9K 14
[ wattpad had deleted book 2 and 3 of my princess series. however i am still in debate whether or not to continue. i will post my decision in this bo...
51.6K 1.4K 23
Set in lovely princess What if athanasia escape her execution with Lucas and started a family together 20 years later the obelian empire started to...
181K 5.2K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...
74K 2.8K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...