๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐“๐จ๐ ๐ž...

By Ifebodee__

"๐–๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ณ๐ณ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐š๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
Characters and Aesthetics ๐Ÿ’–โฃ๏ธ
Prolouge
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~SEVENTEEN~
~EIGHTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY-ONE~
~TWENTY-TWO~
~TWENTY-THREE~
~TWENTY-FOUR~
~TWENTY-FIVE~
~TWENTY-SIX~
~TWENTY- SEVEN~
~TWENTY-EIGHT~
~TWENTY-NINE~
~THIRTY~
~THIRTY-ONE~
~THIRTY-TWO~
~THIRTY-THREE~
~THIRTY-FOUR~
~THIRTY-FIVE~
~THIRTY-SIX~
~THIRTY-EIGHT~
~THIRTY - NINE~
~FORTY~
~FORTY-ONE~
~FORTY-TWO~
Update!-Not really, hehe.
~FORTY-THREE~
~FORTY-FOUR~
Pretty Important, please read.
~FORTY-FIVE~
~FORTY-SIX~
~FORTY-SEVEN~
~FORTY-EIGHT~
~FORTY-NINE~
~FIFTY~
~ FIFTY-ONE~
Listen up, guys.

~THIRTY-SEVEN~

391 133 83
By Ifebodee__

“Come on, people now. Smile on your brother. Everybody get together. Try to love one another right now.”
~YoungBloods.

Yo! Guys! I'm back with another update, after a freaking long time. It should have come earlier but mehn, I got so occupied!😩😩

I'm so sorry for stalling 🥺🥺

This chapter is dedicated to Don_chizzy today is her birthday. Happy birthday babes! She's one of my most consistent readers and she's amazing. Cheers to your new age🥺🥺🥺💃

Shout out to MIGU_EL my boss😂 guy really helped a bunch with this chapter.

Shout out to VeeNovels too!

Last but not the least, shout out to DeverauxMorgan for the amazing cover in the media above. Very lovely!

Please read the Authors Note at the end. Gracias amiga.

Okay guys! We move!

    •ORE•   

I'd rehearsed what I was going to say almost a hundred times on the short bus ride to school from the hostel. That's why I was quiet throughout. Although, Fawaz and Josh and other hostel guys except Jeremy - who understood what was up with me - tried to make me say something. I'd only replied with a dry laugh or a forced smile which got wiped off my face pretty quick.

I even pictured myself talking to her and pouring out all I had to say. And every time I'd imagined it, it ended up with her connecting her hand to my face in a very hot and resounding slap. Heck, I even imagined her throwing a punch at me. No matter how positive I tried to make it seem, that was the only result my imagination could produce.

Calm down, I told myself.

It's just Chidera. Nice, friendly and understanding Chidera. She wasn't gonna change now, was she? She wasn't gonna beat me up, she couldn't even hurt a. . .fly?

We finally got to school and I made my way to the entrance with Jeremy beside me. Fawaz, Josh and the other guys, behind us.  As we climbed up the stairs to our classroom block, I smiled, slapped handshakes and gave fist pumps to many of the students, all calling my name; most of them, whose names I might never remember.

I forgot to let that much attention make me feel good. For the first time in so long, I forgot to drown in the essence of the school's love for me - their perfect Headboy. I forgot to feel myself. I was too focused on thinking about what to tell Chidera.

I was about to enter the class when Ashley stepped in front of me. I furrowed my brows while she just stared plainly at me. No emotions portrayed. These days, she was like that. Face stoic and expressionless. She used to smiled once in a while. It was not often but at least, she did. But now? I could not tell what was on her mind. Wasn't sure I could do that before anyway.

Most times when she smiled, it was when she was with Chidera. But these days, even with her, she didn't smile. I noticed a difference in their relationship. Ashley's behavior towards her best friend had changed. When I first got acquainted with Chidera, both of them were inseparable. They always clung together and it made it look like Chidera was the outgoing one and Ashley was the sidekick because she did whatever Chidera wanted. Followed her everywhere. Held on to her like her life depended on it.

"Hey, Ash," I said and smiled, reaching out for a fist pump. She didn't smile but she obliged.

"Wassup Ashley!" Jeremy greeted and slapped her one of those his handshakes.

After our greetings, she sighed like she didn't like what she was going to say next, "You both should just. . . follow me?"

"Follow you to where?" Jeremy asked.

"Yeah, to where?" I added, an eyebrow raised, wondering what this was about.

Was it part of the surprise that Chidera was talking about? I just hope she wasn't going big on this. It would be harder for me to tell her the truth.

"Can we come too?" Fawaz spoke up, suddenly in front of us and facing Ashley. Almost forgot they were behind us.

"Nope." She popped the 'p'. "Only Ore and Jeremy can come."

"Ah ahn. Why na?" Josh whined, sounding like a two-year-old who was refused ice cream.

"Not your business, you guys." Ashley sighed again. "Both of you should not stress me, abeg."

"Okay oh," Josh said.

"Wahala for who no be Ore and Jeremy oh!" Fawaz added.

With that, they left us and walked into the class.

She turned to Jeremy and I. "Let's go."

We shared glances, still wondering what this was about, even though I had an inkling to what it might be. Jeremy was probably clueless.

"You guys are wasting time," she said and without warning, took our hands and dragged us both, ignoring the fact that we were much stronger than she was.

Ashely dragged us to the school garden. The one at the back of the clinic. Someone other than me and Bolu had finally found it. It's really been a long time since I came here. Coming here reminded me of the time Bolu broke down crying because of her GCE result that she'd refused to tell anyone and had also told me not to mention it to anyone.

I wonder if she finally told her friends the truth. I mean, it'd be hard to keep that kinda lie going, right? Anyway, Ashley successfully dragged us both there.

On getting there, I sighted that weird girl who was once my seatmate - guess this place wasn't so secret since she found it too - she sat on one of the cement chairs, staring off into space. She looked like her soul had left her body or something. I still couldn't remember her name.

Apart from her though, the place was void of people. I couldn't help but notice the fact that it had gotten more beautiful from when I saw it last. The flowers, different colors, decorated the place like a piece of art, like a painting. The little fountain at the middle of the garden, which was most likely, recently built (I hadn't seen it before until now) flowed with clean water.  We walked further into the garden and found Chidera.

"Chidera, they're here oh," Ashley announced and only then did she let go of our hands. She walked away from us and sat down on one of the cement chairs, watching. Chidera screamed when she saw us. Ran like a Cheetah and jumped on me. I did my best to hold on to her.

Then she kissed me. Like, really kissed me. I did my best to match up with her energy. Tried to make myself enjoy it even though I didn't. It felt awful. I felt awful. Maybe because I'd kissed Bolu that's why the feeling of Chidera's lips on mine felt so. . .weird? Does that make any sense?

I don't know how long it took before Chidera finally broke away from the kiss. I fought the urge to exhale.

As she held on to me, I looked around and saw that more people had joined us - Nina, Joy, Ayo, MJ, Fred, Ninuola and (oh my God) Bolu. I became very nervous, I could feel sweat trickling down my back, about to soak my shirt.

I tried to make out the expression on Bolu's face from where I stood. She stood beside Nina, arms crossed, her expression was plain. Like she was trying so hard not to frown.

I faced Chidera who hadn't taken her eyes off me. "What's this...all about?"

"Remember when I told you I had a surprise for you?" She grinned.

I managed a real smile and nodded. "Yeah."

"Well. . . This is it!" She stepped away from me a little and spread her arms apart like she was presenting something. I looked behind me as suddenly, two people entered the scene, holding up a banner. They came closer, smiling like it was an arranged kind of smile. One they used everywhere they went. It also looked like their faces would hurt after smiling so much.

When they got close to me, I read the words on the banner and everything in me just broke:

"HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY BOO!"

With a lot of heart emojis - pink to be precise - and a background picture of me and Chidera. I recognized the picture from last year back when we still hung out with Fawaz and the others. We'd gone for a hangout together and I think it was Josh that shot it. Bolu was not even as important to me then as she was now and we'd just finished SSS2. I remembered how Chidera had liked that picture so much. She'd told me she was gonna use it for something really special.

And apparently this was the something special.

I was dumbstruck as I just stared at the banner. Behind me, I could hear my friends cooing, aww-ing and cheering. And little by little, other students started showing up in the garden. The pressure I was starting to feel rose to a higher level.

It got me asking if we've even had assembly and why they were not on the Assembly. This was one of those moments I couldn't enforce my authority as the Headboy.

"Happy  anniversary to us Ore Jumai," Chidera said jolting me from winning the staring contest I had with the banner or was it the air? "Do you like it?"

I faced her and smiled, forcing from my mouth, "Yeah. I really do."

I slapped myself mentally. Too much lies.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw the students - juniors and seniors - bring out their phones, filming the supposedly euphoric moment.

This was one of those times I wished RBA didn't allow phones in school. My fake real smile had to seem more real now. This was hard work. Real hard work. I looked over to where my friends stood. Jeremy and I made eye contact and I silently begged him to help me out here. He just shook his head lightly, shrugged and looked down. Yes, my best friend just sly-ed me.

I couldn't blame him though, 'cause I'm not so sure how he was gonna help out anyway.

"But. . ." I started and Chidera cut me off.

"Oh, wait!" She chirped. "One more thing, or two!" She skipped happily to where Ashley sat and opened a bag which I didn't see before. My eyes widened as she brought out a cake, handed it to Ashley, and a small box. It was black. Crazy thoughts entered my head, making me think she was gonna propose or something.

And it's not even funny.

Also, the fact that students were gasping and whispering things like; "Ohmigosh, she's gonna propose", didn't help me feel any better at all.

Chidera went all out with this Third year anniversary thing. I used to like surprises. But lately, because I've received a lot of unpleasant ones (y'all know what I'm talking about) I decided I didn't like it anymore.

She walked up to me, Ashley beside her, still smiling. My fake real smile remained intact. After this, Hollywood should seriously consider starring me in one of their movies. No cap.

"This is also for you." She handed me the black box. I took it from her and hoped it wasn't a ring or anything like that. I opened it and saw it was a Watch.  A Curren Luxury Leather Watch. Like...I could not believe my eyes. Not that I couldn't afford more, but my current watch cost nothing more than five thousand naira. I wanted to keep it simple because heck, it was just a watch, used to check the time.

And looking at the classy design - deep blue coated leather, its edges plated with gold which held onto the glass  - I'm sure it was nothing less than thirty thousand naira.

"Do you like it?" She asked again. Her eyes held that glint of happiness that I sure didn't want to break. "And the cake?"

The cake was beautiful too. A rich brown sugary and creamy beauty, iced with vanilla and decorated with strawberry on top. I smiled. "Yeah. Wow, Chidera. This...all this is amazing. I can't believe you'd do all these for me."

"I'd do anything for you of course." She wrapped her arms around my neck. The crowd went "awwww." My heart constricted more with guilt. I felt like puking it all out.

"Thank you babe," I said.

"No, thank you."

The crowd went "awwwww" again.

"So...you said you wanted to tell me something. Something important?" She was looking in my eyes.

Oh God, not here Chidera.

"Um...yeah."

"I'm listening." She nodded her head for me to say something.

What was I going to say? There was no way on earth I would tell her what I had originally planned. It wasn't possible. I could not risk embarrassing her here like this, could not risk embarrassing myself.

My eye caught Jeremy's and he shook his head. Looked away again. I was really on my own.

"So. . .I just wanted to say. . ."

She kept looking at me expectantly.

"I wanted to say that I. . .um. . ." I looked at Bolu, her head was down. As if she was intentionally avoiding my gaze. My eyes scanned the whole crowd before stupidly saying, "I wanted to say that I love you so much?"

Yes, it came out like a question.

Chidera's smile was wider than the people holding the banner. As expected, the crowd went "awwww" and I caught how fast Bolu's head jerked up. It was too obvious because, well, I kinda had my eyes on her.

"You guys should kiss!" Someone yelled from the crowd.

Now I certainly didn't want to do that.

"Yes! Do it again!"

Oh shit.

"Yes, Kiss again!"

Then it turned to a chant:

"Kiss!"

"Kiss!"

My ears started to ache. I wanted to shout at them to shut up but instead, I maintained my fake smile. After the lie I just said - again - I really didn't want to kiss her. I really did not.

But did I have a choice?

They kept chanting. I'd already kissed her before but they didn't see it. They wanted a show. I swallowed as I leaned forward to kiss her.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!"

That stopped whatever was happening.

Thank you Jesus!

Everybody's attention turned to the person that spoke. No, it wasn't a teacher. Neither was it the Principal or Vice. It was the head girl, MaryBelle Dairo. Her voice was loud like mad. She deserved the post.

"If you know you're not in SSS3, get out from this garden. Like, RIGHT NOW!"

Without thinking twice, students in that category ran out of the garden. I suddenly felt somehow. So much for being a prefect and the head boy for that matter.

"Oh my God! I forgot I was supposed to ring the bell!" Chidera's hands left me. I exhaled. "Oh, no, no, no!" She turned back quickly and walked away from me. "Ashley where's the freaking bell?!"

"I don't know."

"Please help me find it, now," Chidera begged.

"No. Do it yourself," Ashley fired back. It left us stunned again and she walked out of the garden.

Chidera kept panicking and left the garden, as if she didn't just start something here. I made a mental note to get her stuffs before I leave here.

I walked towards Marybelle and touched her shoulder. "Thank you."

She frowned at first but it changed to a smile. "Anytime mate. But you guys should hurry up sha. Most of y'all are prefects you know?"

I nodded and she left.

Jeremy and Ayo touched my shoulder as they passed me. MJ yelled my name and shook my shoulder violently. Bolu didn't even give me a second glance. Joy, Fred, Nina and Ninu smiled at me as they left.

Well, all my rehearsals went for nothing.

I'd messed up yet again.

Messed up. Big Time.

Yeah, so that happened.

And that also happened😂

Okay, okay. No plenty talk, just drop your comments, lemme know what y'all think.

About Ore

Chidera

Ashley

Bolu

Please lemme know 🥺🥺

Don't leave without dropping comments. Please 🥺

So...hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas? You're chilling with the big boys abi? 🌚Lmaoo.

A group of writer friends and I wrote an amazing Christmas piece titled CHRISTMAS IN A BOX. Please check it out in my profile, we all worked really hard on it🥺🥺🥺 vote and Comment too!

Thank you for over 4k reads on this book and for over 3k reads on Reviews and Interviews.  I love you guys to the moon and back mehnnn💓💓💓❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Don't forget to vote.

God bless you!

~Ife🥺❤️💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 12.6K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
11.8K 2.2K 53
ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ sแด‡แด‡ แด›สœส€แดแดœษขสœ sแด‡ส€ษชแด‡s(sแด›s) "๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™ ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’, ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก, ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’...
6.7K 1.3K 45
Judith's life takes a sudden turn during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. which dashes her hope of being a professional...