Marvel: Cold As Ice

By marvelstars

Follow as Mandy Meets Howard Stark and sets off on an adventure that would span not one but two life times More

1
2
3
5

4

1 0 0
By marvelstars

- 5 Years Later -

"Howard!" Yelled Tony as he made his way into the living room, "your mom is gonna be mad if we're late." Howard ran and jumped into Tony's arms, "why do we have to go?" Tony laughed as he carried the 5 year old into the elevator where Pepper was waiting, "Your mom and Steve are being honored at the Natural History Museum." Howard let out a loud sigh, "awe man." Pepper smiled, "we can go see the dinosaurs afterwards." Howard's eyes lit up in excitement. He just learned about them in school and wanted to see them for his own eyes.

On the elevator down Tony told Howard he had to be on his best behavior. Howard nodded then was set down to walk out to the car where Steve was waiting. "Wow," said Steve, "what did you tell him?" Tony let out a small laugh as Howard said, "I get to see dinosaurs if I'm good." Steve knelt down, "your mom had to fight a dinosaur once. If you're really good maybe she'll tell you about it." Again little Howard's eyes would light up, "thank you daddy." Steve smiled, "come on Buck, let's go. Mommy is waiting for us." The four would proceed to climb into the car and drive off.

———

In the museum Steve made his way to find Mandy while Tony and Pepper took Howard to see the dinosaurs. Howard was running around so Tony put Howard on his shoulders. "Come on kid," said Tony, "your moms gonna get made at me for taking you to see the dinosaurs without her." Howard began to calm down as he noticed all that he giant skeletons. The little 5 year old could hardly contain himself and Tony, Tony was over joyed. He had fears about becoming a father and now he couldn't wait. He and pepper had agreed to wait a few years. "Hey boys," said Pepper, "it's time for us to go. Mandy isn't gonna be happy if we miss her big day." Howard let out a sigh, "then more dinosaurs!?" Pepper laughed, "yes, yes. Now let's go."

The three headed to a conference room and took seats in the front. Soon after the president would walk out and begin his speech, "ladies, gentlemen, and friends. It gives me great pleasure to inform you that two of this nations heroes were found and are alive. Today we honor and welcome Captain Steven Grant Rogers and  Mandy Stark. I am honored to announce the addition of the World War 2 hall where information of Captain America and his team can be found. As well as information on all of Mrs. Starks contributions to history. We welcome you to take a look around and enjoy. The museum has prepared lunch and will be served at 2pm. Thank you." Everyone in the room clapped then disappeared into the museum while Howard stayed looking in awe at his mom shaking hands with the president. "Mommy," said Howard waking closer. Mandy looked down, "come here baby. I want you to meet a friend." Howard walked over to Mandy who picked him up, "this is the President Mathew Ellis of the United States. He helped me and your dad get all the paperwork taken care of to come live with your brother Tony." Howard stuck his hand out, "thank you sir. Thank you for taking care of my mommy." President Ellis shook Howard's hand, "You have good manners son. Keep that up." Howard smiled then the president turned to Mandy, "may we speak in private?" Mandy handed Howard to Steve, "go with your dad and see the dinosaurs. Mommy needs to talk to her friend for a little while." Howard started to wiggle out of Steve's arms and ran over to Tony, "Tony's going to take me." Tony picked Howard up and put him in his shoulders, "is that ok mom?" Mandy nodded, "try not to get in to much trouble," Mandy looked to pepper, "would you?" Pepper nodded then the three left leaving Steve, Mandy, and the president on the stage, "what is it?" A member of the secret service walked up and handed them a file. "this man here," said president Ellis, "he's all I trust. In that file are suspicions I have. Please read it here and now," the agent left to grab a trash can and a lighter from the other end of the room, "you two are the only ones I can trust with this information. Not even Stark can know." Mandy nodded then handed the file to Steve, "what do you want us to do about it?" Steve interrupted, "watch him. It'll be your job to look after him. Mandy, only 3 people know about this and until we can do something then it stays that way." Mandy shook her head no, " I have my boys to worry about. Tony understands we can't talk about what we do... Ill tell him that he and pepper will have to take Howard away for a little while." President Ellis nodded, "I'm sorry." Mandy smiled to President Ellis, "my boys know that the life of a hero comes with its costs.they'll be ok."

The agent burned the files in the trash can, "Ms. Stark, Captain Rogers, not even your contacts at SHIELD can know." Steve and Mandy nodded. "let us go look around. You'll be safe here. Try has the place locked down since we have Howard out. Why don't
We enjoy lunch and allow me a chance to say good bye to my boys." The  four would set off into the museum once they were in agreement.

__ __  __

The new adventure Mandy had set foot on would lead to the exposure of more than she and Steve ever thought. Mandy, by going undercover, watched as Hydra agents targeted Steve and other Avengers. She stood side by side with the President and watched as her best friend became public enemy number one.

Mandy would step aside to assist Steve when she came face to face with someone from her past. Mandys feeling and connections to Bucky had turned to be true. In front of Mandy stood a ghost.

"Bucky?" Said Steve. Bucky locked eyes with Mandy, "who the hell is Bucky?" Mandy stepped forward, "Bucky wait!" In a cloud of smoke Bucky was gone and in the next the group was surrounded by soldiers. "Star," said Steve looking to Mandy, "get out of here." Mandy shook her head but was cut off, "go." Mandy nodded and in the seconds she was back at the Oval Office face to face with President Ellis.

"Mandy?" Said Ellis, "what happened? You came back early." Mandy stood there with tears in her eyes. Ellis got up from his desk and walked over to Mandy to hug her, "in the last 5 years you and I have seen crazy things. You have stood in front of me and protected my family threw it all. Mandy what has you shaken up? You look like you've seen a ghost." Mandy wiped her tears away, "I have and I can't do anything about it. If I leave again you're at risk and until this ends we can't do anything." Mandy took Ellis's hands, "thank you sir. These last 5 years have been rough but you've welcomed me into your home and your family. Thank you." Ellis smiled, "so," Ellis looked at his watch, "we're due home in about an hour. How about we go for a walk." Mandy smiled, "Crepes in Paris?" Ellis shook his head, "I think the old switch and a walk through Central Park would be fine. At this time of day Stark tower is lit up. Your son is quite the genius." Mandy smiled, "yes. That would be great."

Mandy used her gifs and in seconds they were in Central Park. Covered in disguises the two were sat looking up at the tower. "Do you ever think back to your time back then?" Asked Ellis. Mandy nodded her head, "for the longest time I was alone. I grew up through the 30's alone. I was fortunate to have found a place to take me in. I got lucky and with that luck I found Howard. Mathew," Mandy looked to Ellis, "that rainy night nearly a century ago changed my life. The love of my life appeared at my feet drenched from the rain and he gave me the opportunity no women could of ever gotten during the 40's." Mandy looked down at her feet, "I woke up here and got lucky again. My son, he's 10 years old now. It's 2014. I'm nearly 100 years old and I have a child who should be approaching 70 but never got to live the life he should have." Ellis spoke, "I'm sorry." Mandy looked to Ellis, "Mathew, I haven't seen my son since we parted ways in the museum and I have thought long and hard about what I'd do when this was finished," Mandy looked back to the tower, "when I went down the world was at war. When I woke I was granted nearly 5 years of peace before a new war pulled me away from him. Im a soldier. Im no mother. My youngest is up their with his brother. I don't know how I'm going to face them when this is all over." Ellis stood up, "we're cloaked still. Let's go see them." Mandy got wide eyed as she stood up, "sir?" Ellis nodded, "He's got that place locked up like a fortress. Shall we?" Mandy nodded then the two headed for the tower.

———

When the elevator doors opened up Mandy and Ellis were greeted by Tony. "Jarvis, tell pepper to come home. Please order in." Jarvis would respond as Mandy and Ellis stepped off the elevator and into the living space, "welcome to our home Mr. President. What do I owe the pleasure?" Mandy interrupted, "We came as a warning. Things are going sideways and Steve's been arrested. This assignment has grown far bigger than we ever thought and in the coming days things will only get worse. Anthony, please get out of the city for while. You know what I'm up against. They've already paid a visit and knowing that Steve and I are married, I'm sure they'll pay you another one soon." Tony nodded, "he misses you mom. We both do." Ellis spoke up, "send word to the misses that we won't be going home tonight. go tuck him in. If it alright with Mr. Stark, we will stay so you can have time with your family." Tony looked to Ellis, "you and your family will be safe here. If Steve's been captured then I'm sure he'll need help." Mandy shook her head, "this is one fight he needs to finish alone and one long chat I need to have with both of you. To tell you the truth about what I can really do."

Mandy walked over to Howard's room and knocked on the door. It opened to show a 10 year old Howard in his pjs "Mom? You're home." Mandy nodded then pulled her son in for a hug, "I've been horrible to you. I'm sorry." Howard parted from his mom, "I know everything you've been through. We've been connected for a long time now mom. Your powers have allowed me to see things from your youth till now. Though I do not have all your powers, I did get one. Your connection to the dream state. I know you couldn't come home but for me we've talked for hours each night in our dreams." Mandy smiled then pulled Howard in for another hug, "you're just like your father," Mandy hugged her son ever so slightly tighter, "I just wish you had the chance to meet him." Howard and Mandy moved to sit on the bed, "the ghost you found. I know you love him." Mandy got wide eyed, "what has dream me been telling you?"

Howard smiled, "I could feel your connection with Bucky. He was protective of you because he could feel that same connection with me. You spent 3 years with my father and fell in love with him even harder each day but when that blast hit you. Hit us, it changed you." Mandy looked to her son with a questioned look, "I don't follow." Howard laid back on his bed, "your heart fell in love with your best friend. I know you loved my father. You two were gonna grow old and blue in the face, but now that your best friend is here you have a chance to be truly happy. Happier than you have been since we all woke up here. Don't worry about Steve." Mandy laid down by her son, "when did you become the parent?" The two took hands, "mom? Go find your ghost. Will protect your friend." Mandy leaned over to Howard and kissed his temple, "I need to go talk to the boys." Howard shook his head, "I will. Go find him. Go find Bucky." In seconds Mandy was gone.

Mandy landed herself on the front lines of a war no one ever saw coming. All the walls she built to protect herself came crashing down as she lay on a glass floor with the man she spent years looking for on top of her. Her ghost yelled out, "your my mission!!!" Mandy began to cry, "you promised," hit, "you promised to take," punch, "I love you." Bucky stopped. It was a moment of realization and in the next a wave of memories  would overwhelm him.

When the windows gave way he fell with Mandy and rescued her. He would leave her on the beach for Steve to find and make his way into the world to figure out who he was.

———
Two years later when Mandy would come face to face with Bucky again. "Steve," Mandy would say nervously, "where are we going?" Steve didn't answer as he led Mandy into the room he put Bucky in. "How do we know we can trust him?" Mandy went and got on her knees in front of him, "please give me a reason to trust you. Please," tears streamed down her face as she locked eyes with Bucky. "I broke my promise to you Mandy. I promised I'd stand by your side and protect you and I didn't do that." Bucky closed his eyes, "I hurt you. Mandy, turn me over to them. I have crimes that I need to pay for."

Bucky opened his eyes in shock when he felt Mandy place her hand on his cheek, "everyone deserves another chance. That includes you." Mandy smiled to Bucky, "Can I trust you Sargent!?" Mandy let out a small laugh as she stood up. Bucky smiled back to her, "I made another promise to you, and that is one I know I will never break. When I died, did Howard give you my personal belongings?" Mandy nodded, "I found out that night you bought a ring fir me," Mandy pulled a chain out from under her shirt to show the ring on it, "I was a married women back then and you still bought it?" Steve let out a laugh, "I asked him the same question." Mandy looked back to Sam, "whatever happens, it's on me now. Let him go." Sam  nodded and in seconds Mandy and Bucky were face to face. "can you still feel it?" asked Bucky. Mandy nodded her head, "when you fell from the train all those years ago... I couldn't feel you anymore. When I woke up here, in this time I could. I didn't think anything of it till the old you showed up on that bridge. Steve ripped off your mask and I knew then you could feel it too. Bucky I know you don't really remember me, but if you give me the ch-" Bucky cut off Mandy with a kiss.

"I was sent there to kill them. I was sent there to put you down, but when you said my name something just..." said Bucky, "thank you for saving me." Mandy smiled, "only returning the favor, soldier." Steve spoke up, "You still have the option to return home before they find you out." Mandy looked down to her feet as Steve continued, "you have Howard to think about. Mandy, I know you want to stay but for now you can't." Mandy looked over to Steve, "and so do you. He is as much my son as he is yours." Sam interrupted, "Mandy you've stayed out of diplomatic relations for a reason and getting tied up in this civil war. Mandy, go home to your son. Let Stark figure his shit out." Bucky took Mandy's hand, "so it was a boy?" Mandy nodded, "he's about to be 13. He looks like the spitting image of his father." Bucky nodded, "and his name?" Mandy squeezed Bucky's hand, "Howard James Stark, or Bucky for short. Though Steve's the only one who calls him that." Bucky smiled, "go home to him. Let Steve and I deal with this. We'll see each other again."

Tears began to fall from Mandy's eyes, "I just got you back." Bucky placed a hand on Mandy's face, "I'm not going to disappear for another 70 years doll. Just a short while till this all blows over. Im still a weapon and people still want blood for the crimes I've committed." Bucky shook his head then stepped back, "Mandy, I've killed our friends. Innocent people. I was a puppet and hydra pulled the strings, but it was I who killed them." Mandy gave him a questioned look, "for a moment I found peace with you but." Steve interrupted, "he killed Howard and Maria." Mandy dropped to her knees in the blink of an eye. Tears fell out like waterfalls. "I'm sorry," said Bucky trying to comfort Mandy but before he could touch her she was gone.

"Buck, I'm sorry but she needed to know and this way she wouldn't be found with us. Tony's out for blood and finding her here would make things worse," said Steve. Bucky nodded then the three set off into hiding.

In the tower Mandy could be heard crying in her room. Jarvis informed Howard of her arrival but he was to scared to enter. He's never heard his mom cry before and wondered what had happened in her time away that could have been this bad.

"Hey kid," said Tony walking up to the door, "Jarvis let me know she came home. What's up?" Howard looked up to Tony, "I've never seen her cry before. Not once. Tony, I'm scared." Tony walked up to the door and knocked, "it's ok to be scared kid, but now it's time to be brave for her. She needs us." The door opened to show Mandy's tear stained face. "Mom?" Said Howard, "what happened?" Tony spoke up, "you don't have to talk. Just listen," Mandy nodded then Tony continued, "i make the same offer you made to me. I'll put my work away if you want to go somewhere and hide. Mom, whatever it is... it'll be ok." Tears began to fall again as Tony pulled Mandy into his arms. Howard quickly wrapped his arms around his mother's waist, "we're overdue for our mom and sons night. Let's do something to get your mind off things." Tony looked down to Howard, "you got a point kid. Why don't we go to Coney Island. At this time of day traffic won't be to bad," Tony let out a small laugh, "we could take the bikes. Be there in 30 minutes." Mandy nodded, "what would I do without you kids." Mandy pulled Tony and Howard in for a hug before turning back into her room to get ready. Tony turned to Howard, "go get your things then get pepper. Will meet you in the living room." Howard nodded then ran off as Tony looked to Mandy, "you know where they are, don't you?" Mandy walked into her closet, "Knowing Steve, he's probably long gone," Mandy walked out in her bra holding a shirt. It was the first time in years that Tony saw the scars that lay across her body, "I gave them a head start and a warning that if I saw them again there would be no mercy." Tony stayed locked in the scars as he walked closer to Mandy, "you have more. What happened?" Mandy put on her shirt, "Alexander pierce happened. I was captured while trying to find a ghost. Pierce tortured me and in the end my ghost rescued me. He was brainwashed. A puppet tangled in string." Tony looked to Mandy, "and what happened to your ghost?" Mandy walked back into the closet, "you want to lock him up," Mandy took a deep breath before reamerging from the closet, "he has crimes to atone for but the man I knew. He was a pure and honest soul. He took care of me when we were in missions. The man I called my friend is still in there and I know," Mandy looked to the floor, "son, if you're asking me to chose between you and my husband, the answer will always be you. You are as much my child as Howard is and I will protect you at all costs, but you have to understand that loyalty and longevity doesn't just disappear. Steve and I survived a war together, the ice together, and this new world together. I love him more than you could ever know, so don't ask me to chose a side." Tony went and opened the door to Mandy's room, "I won't. I just needed to know."

The two would meet with pepper and Howard then take off for their adventure to Coney Island.

———

Over the years Mandy and Tony's relationship grew stronger. Together the two built a safe world for Howard to grow up in. Much like Tony, Howard would gain his genius from his father. He began working with tony in the lab.

When Howard turned 15 in 2019, the two took flight in the Ironman armor. It was meant to be a gift to celebrate all of Howard's hard work till the children of Thanos descended on New York. Tony sent Howard to the tower as Tony and new found allies took to the streets to play a game of keep away.

Tony, Mandy, And Spider-Man took to the Sky's as  Doctor Strange was captured. Shots had been fired at the three as they got closer to Thanos's ship. In hopes to save Tony, Mandy took the blast and it knocked her out of the sky. Before she passed out Tony could hear her say, "get the kid." So there Tony went, to get the kid, fighting every urge to go back for her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411 16 12
Tony's daughters journey to become a hero.
1.1M 30.8K 29
Peter's been through a lot in his life, so when something so horrible happens to his aunt, it messes with him and causes a chain of events.
94 2 13
Kate Pierce was running through the park as a rocket flew out of the sky. Finding a well known male beside her they start to talk. After getting back...
56.5K 1.1K 76
Reader inserts that I have written. Tony Stark x Reader Bucky Barnes x Reader Steve Rogers x Reader Stucky x Reader Avengers x Reader