Living Affair

By Missnellywrites

Book Two of the Living Vicariously series. It's two years later since Montana and Kacey have been married. Tw... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
II/01
II/02
II/03
II/04
II/05
II/06
II/07
II/08
II/09
II/10
II/11
II/12
II/14
II/15
II/16
II/17

II/13

2.2K 137 176
By Missnellywrites

Kacey stood by the front door as she watched the moving man walk back to the U-haul truck. After getting herself together this morning she was finally able to move into her new home.  The process so far hasn't been that difficult since she already had her things pre packed. She was busy on the phone with Athena but she was distracting her from giving the man helping her move in directions.

"Mom I'm gonna have to call you back, I'm busy." Kacey said as she placed her phone on speaker directing the moving man on where to put the boxes once he walked in.

"No you're not gonna call me back because I need to speak to you right now." Kacey got ready to say something but Athena was quicker. "Why did you feel it was okay to just leave me and Cassandra at that club by ourselves? You just ditched us for some random man you met at the club?"

"I was a little tipsy and I wanted to leave. I know it was wrong but I wanted to have fun." Kacey didn't really have an answer to her mothers question so that was the best answer she could come up with. She really didn't have to explain herself because she was grown and could do what she wanted.

"That's so nice that you wanted to have fun." Athena spoke sarcastically, "You left and anything could've happened to you. I'm really pissed off about that shit."

"I already told Cassandra where I was going and I had my location on, plus I wasn't worried about anything happening. I'm sure all those nosy ass people last night saw me and him leave together." If something did happen, he wouldn't have gotten away with the murder anyway. She was surprised she wasn't getting tagged in any blog post about her leaving with Michael following her divorce with Montana.

"What happened to us hanging out? It was supposed to be a girls night."

Kacey rolled her eyes, "Like you didn't take forever to go find Derrick. You took a least half an hour to go get him when he was supposedly already in the club."

"Don't worry about what me and Derrick do, this ain't about me. It's about you."

Kacey didn't say anything as she thanked the moving man as he finally piled in the last few boxes. She walked over to her purse on the counter and gave him an hundred dollar bill that she had in there. She could hear her mother calling for her on the phone but she was busy making sure the door was locked.

"Kacey Kehlani Hines!" Athena shouted over the phone as Kacey chuckled. "I know you hear me talking to you. That shit ain't funny."

"Mommy what do you want me to say? I'm sorry okay."

"Sure, Kacey."

"We'll since you're so pressed at least asked how my night was."

"I don't care how your night was because I didn't approve of that shit." Athena laughed as Kacey burst into laughter. That was the funniest shit she ever heard come out of her mothers mouth.

Talking to Athena felt like talking to a wall. She always felt she could tell Kacey what she could and couldn't do. Of course Athena would call Kacey selfish or try to accuse her of not going to therapy because of her sudden attitude's.

"Approve?" This brought Kacey back to when she had to ask her mom for certain things when she first got together with Montana. She didn't like the way that sounded coming from her mother because she couldn't run her anymore. "What do you have to approve of?"

"You deciding to see other men so soon. You just got out of a marriage and you're already looking like you ready to jump into a next one. I don't know it you forgot I was once your age and the you're doing is not cute, Kacey."

"Not cute?" Kacey reiterated with an attitude. "I know you want what's best for me and all but sometimes you need to think before you speak because you don't even know what you're talking about. You see me leave with a guy and assume I'm ready to propose to him or something."

"I'm just looking out for you as your mother. I'm not tryna talk down on you or anything, I'm just not sugarcoating shit for you. I know you." She said, confidently.

"If you wanna look out for me start by just supporting me and stop telling me how to run my life. I'm not worried about a man. Is that what you wanna hear?" Kacey spoke now agitated with her mother.

"No, what I wanna hear is that my daughter is still going to therapy to better herself. Cause it doesn't seem like it."

Kacey scrunched her face up, "Does it matter what it seems like?"

"Yes because I am the one paying for your sessions."

Kacey sighed obviously over the whole conversation. "I'm done speaking to you about this. Next conversation."

"Okay well I do have another topic. I'm pretty sure you didn't see the blogs so I'll be the one to tell you that Montana is not the father." Athena disclosed as Kacey shrugged her shoulders.

"That's great for him. One less kid to worry about, right?" Kacey couldn't even say she was relieved by the news because she didn't care anymore. If the child was his she wouldn't care either because she was done with him. The only thing was Charisma was still going to be sued.

"You don't sound excited?" Athena said into Kacey's ear, more as a question.

"Why would I be excited?"

"I mean wasn't that why you wanted to divorce him in the first place?"Athena assumed it was because of the whole outside baby situation even though Kacey hadn't spoke on it.

"No. I wanted to divorce him because this marriage had been nonexistent for the past year. No matter how much sessions of therapy we take it doesn't work. We end up back at square one-apart."

"You're tired now. I get it. People grow apart."

"Yeah..."Her phone beeped and she looked at it
seeing Cassandra calling. "I gotta call you back someone is calling me." She hung up the phone to answer Cassandra. "Are you calling to curse me out too?"

"Huh." Cassandra spoke confused. She realized what she was talking about before she chuckled. "Let me take a wild guess, your mom called you to curse you out about last night?"

"She wouldn't be Athena if she didn't and if you're mad at me too, I'm sorry."

"No no why would I be mad? I wanted you to go out and have fun." Cassandra said and Kacey could tell she was smiling. That was a relief because she had too much on her plate to be worried about people being mad at her over bullshit. "So you gonna tell me what happened?"

Biting the inside of her cheek, Kacey sighed. "Well I can for sure confirm whatever you think happened did not happen."

"Kacey, are you serious?" Cassandra sounds extremely disappointed.

"It's not my fault. I mean I wanted to but he was a decent guy and didn't want to have sex with me under the influence. I respect it so..." Kacey definitely did want to have sex with him. He was respectful and from their conversation that they had she could tell he was intelligent which made him even more sexier than he was to her.

"Okay, did you at least get a number or some kind of information to contact him?"

"No I didn't get a chance to." Kacey shrugged. "It's too late now and I really couldn't care less about getting it now. My last focus should be entertaining another man."

"It's not really entertaining if it's just sex. I'm just saying guys do it all the time."

"I'm good off of that shit. If I wanted to actually get some dick I would just use my black dildo but I'm honestly not thinking about it. I have real shit to think about other than getting laid."

"I hear you though...How's the process been moving in?" Cassandra asked as Kacey looked around at her new home...

It was beautiful and she couldn't wait to decorate. She probably would be too busy to actually do that so she would have to hire a decorator. She already had the vision she wanted for the place so she just needed someone to put that vision in motion.

"It's been going great so far. With the time I have now I'll help get the kids room set up first and then I'll focus on mine."

"We'll that's good. Everything is going smooth for you right now." Cassandra said making Kacey remember about Montana.

"Well not really...Montana popped up yesterday just as Michael was leaving—"

"Michael as in the guy that you met?" Cassandra asked sounding confused, "You just said you didn't sleep with him so I'm all confused."

"I didn't think it was that deep to tell but," Kacey said as she went into detail about how her night went with Michael and how he ended up sleeping over.

"Okay." Cassandra dragged out. "So he actually may be as decent as you said after all. Now back to Montana popping up."

"He popped up because he forgot Major's pump and saw Michael and he was just acting mad funny towards me and I was just so confused. He was treating me like some random bitch on the street and it kind of did hurt my feelings. All I want is for us to be cordial. I don't wanna deal with the whole bitter relationship thing. Now that this is actually over."

"I think he's just upset about the divorce and then seeing Michael come out your place maybe had him thinking it was someone else in the picture pushing you away from him." Cassandra commented as Kacey shook her head.

"I don't know why he's upset about the divorce. He agreed to it. Montana knows that mentally we both checked out of this relationship a long time ago and I honestly don't know why we kept it going for so long."

"He really shouldn't be mad at you because he's doing him." Every week the blogs post about Montana out with different women whenever he's hosting or just chilling. The only thing Kacey wants to know is where are her kids when he's out doing whatever. Of course she didn't say anything to him because she didn't want him to think she's watching his every move.

"Exactly. But you know Montana he has his own ways of dealing with shit which involves him drinking. I just hope with this divorce it doesn't have him acting an ass being this wild ass bachelor." Kacey says as she looks around the living room. She could remember the way Montana treated her when they first separated and she didn't want that to happen now that the divorce is going to be finalized soon.

"As long as he isn't disrespecting you or letting another woman disrepect you then you'll be fine." Kacey nodded her head agreeing with her friend. "Have you heard from Kori?"

"I haven't. I tried to text her but my text are still in green. She wouldn't be this mad if what I said wasn't true. I know what I said was messed up but I'm not kissing her ass at all, she'll get over it eventually." Kori was too sensitive sometimes in Kacey's opinion. She could dish it but couldn't take it and that was Kacey's problem with her.

Kacey loved Kori but something deep down inside her knew that eventually Kapri would fuck her over. She was with a man who was having a baby. Even though he wasn't with Alyssa, it still was a major red flag. Kori was probably off somewhere preparing with Kapri for the arrival of his newborn baby. Alyssa would be giving birth in less than a month.

"I hope she still's helping me with Kaija's birthday party.

At the sound of that Kacey remembered that in a few days her baby girl would be turning one. They were throwing her a Coco-melon themed party. Kacey wanted to do a Barbie one but Cassandra insisted on coco-melon since it was the thing now for children.

"She better be. What me and her got going on has nothing to do with her niece. Got her acting like Montana over little things."

"Speaking of, I'm not sure if you knew this but Montana had plans of what he wanted to do for Kaija's birthday."

Kacey's eyes perked up at the sound of that as she scoffed, "Why would he want a separate party? Not only would that look bad but who wouldn't want both parents to be at their child's party?" They weren't together anymore but couldn't they at least co-parent?

"Kace, you know why. He wanted me to help but luckily I was able to convince him to not throw a separate one."

Kacey shook her head annoyed at the fact Montana seriously was trying to make things harder for her. He barely showed her affection when they were together and acted a ass and now that she had done something that would be better for both of them he was acting out. All of a sudden he felt away as if he wasn't to partially blame for the divorce.

It seemed over the years Montana just hasn't found a way to better himself. It was always the same shit. People always blamed Kacey for the way she handed things as if Montana didn't do questionable shit. Kacey was trying to change and get herself together could you really say the same for Montana?

*****

Kori had her head laid down on Kapri's chest as their attention was focused on the movie that played on the flat screen Tv. It was a Sunday night and they were watching a movie Kapri picked out. It was an old seventies movie called Black Gunn. After a long day of shopping for the baby, a movie was a perfect way to end the night.

Kori had been at Kapri's for a while so she couldn't even keep track. Kapri might as well move her in the way she never went home. She loved spending time with Kapri and it was a better way to keep her mind off of her prior argument with Kacey. Of course she was upset.

Kacey wouldn't be Kacey without her unnecessary opinions that nobody asked for. Kori was grown and if she wanted to be with Kapri knowing he had a child that was her decision. Kacey acted as if that was news she didn't already know. Instead of being understanding she wanted everything to go her way, as usual.

Looking down at her finger she smiled at the promise ring Kapri surprised her with. She wore it on her right ring finger and never took it off, unless to shower. She felt like a fiance with the ring on even though she wasn't. Kapri definitely had a good taste when it came down to surprises.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" Kori giggled a little as she listened to his heart beat. It was beating so fast like he was anxious or nervous about something.

"Damn why you all in a nigga personal space?" He chuckled.

"Cause I wanna be in your skin." She joked half truthfully. She really really really liked Kapri and loved spending time with him. He was way different from any of the men she had ever dated.

"Chill out with that. Sounding like a damn crazy person." He laughed at himself as Kori chuckled a little. That was one thing she loved about Kapri was his sense of humor even though sometimes he used it in the wrong situations.

A phone ringing caught their attention as Kori looked at Kapri since she knew it was his phone ringing. Kapri told her to pass the phone that was on the floor since she was closer. She reached her hand down to the floor picking up the phone. Not tryna seem nosey she got a glimpse at the person calling. She handed the phone to him and went back to watching the movie.

She glanced up at him noticing he didn't answer the phone. "You not gonna answer? That's the third time she's called you." She emphasized on the word third. He had just got back from Alyssa's not too long ago and she had been calling him.

"Damn. Worry bout you. It's probably Mia wanting to show me her new dolls. I'll hit them back later." He responded as she shrugged it off.

They sat in silence for the remainder of the movie, until the next movie played. Kori was getting bored with the movie playing and she was so comfortable in her spot she couldn't look up to see if Kapri was up or not. Instead of checking she brushed it off and closed her eyes trying to drift off to sleep. Her eyes were still closed when she heard Kapri clearing his throat.

"I wanna talk to you bout something real quick."

Her eyes opened as she laid there waiting for him to say whatever he had to say. She replied, "...Yeah."

He was getting himself together to find exactly what he wanted to say and how he was gonna say it. Kori wondered why he was taking so long to say anything, it had her kind of nervous. "You know I been doing some thinkin and I feel it would be best If we take a break for a while."

"That's exactly why you don't get paid to think." She laughed, waiting for him to laugh along with her. When that came out of his mouth Kori sat there for a second waiting for him to burst into laughter with her telling her he was just playing, but that never happened. The silence made Kori realize he was serious and she sat up and turned so that she was facing him. She raised an eyebrow and said, "What?" Out of confusion.

"We sho-"

"I heard exactly what you said, Kapri. W-where is this coming from all of a sudden?" She questioned. Everything had been going good for them the past seven months. Soon they would officially make eight months of being together. She was confused on what exactly would make him want a break. "We've been doing great for so long and I am literally appalled that you just said that."

"Look I'm not calling us off or nothing but my lil man bout to be here any day now and I just feel It's best we separate until I get adjusted to being a father." He said as Kori scoffed shaking her head. "I'm just saying Kori I know how you get. You be wanting all my attention an shit and I know once he comes you gone be doing the most. I just don't need you complaining to me how I been doing this and that and how we barely see each other."

"Are you serious?! That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. You just made up that I'm gonna be nagging you when the baby comes like I'm not aware that you're about to be a first time father. If anything I would be more than understanding and willing to help you." She expressed with a tight frown on her face. He wasn't making any sense to her right now. His reason was not valid enough for them to break up for a while. He was making it sound like once his baby came she was gonna be jealous because he was spending more time with the infant than with her. That painted her out to be some type of weirdo.

Kapri sighed rubbing his hand down his face. Kori was too stuck trying to process him and what he wanted at the moment. Kori was about to give in and give him exactly what he wanted until she realized something.

She squinted her eyes to look at him, "It's her, isn't it?"

"Who? What the fuck you talking about?"

"It's Alyssa." She scoffed, getting off the couch. She couldn't believe him at this moment. Everything was peaches and cream to her and now he wanted a break. It had her thinking and she finally put her finger on it. "Do you really think I'm an idiot, Kapri?"

Here we go again, Kapri thought to himself. Kapri looked at Kori as if she had two heads. She stood in front of him with her hand on her hip and her head slightly tilted as she waited for him to speak.

"Did I say you were an Idiot? You see what I'm talking bout. You buggin over Alyssa and what I said ain't got shit to do with her."

"No, baby It has everything to do with her. You wanna break up because you want to be with her spending time as a family when the baby comes. You wanna say I'm bugging over Alyssa when you're being sneaky and giving me a reason to bug." She mimicked him.

"How the fuck am I being sneaky?" He chuckled a little, sitting up straight. Now they were about to have a real conversation. He hated to argue but it seemed like with Kori that's all she wanted to do. The topic of the conversation all the time with Kori was Alyssa and the shit was getting tiring to him. He ain't never been through anything like this before in a relationship.

"Like I don't know that you lie to me most of the time about where you're at. You're never home whenever I call you because you're with her." She folded her arms across her chest as she waited for him to lie to her like he'd been doing.

"We'll maybe if you'd stop acting the way you do I wouldn't have a reason to lie to yo ass." Her face dropped when he actually admitted to her previous statement. Of course he had to lie to Kori about where he'd be at. She was an over thinker and thought negative whenever it came down to Alyssa.

"Really? And how do I act, Kapri?"

"You know how you act and I'm getting sick of that shit." He uttered now getting irritated with her. "You been acting real insecure. Normal people in relationships argue about a nigga leaving the toilet seat up or a nigga eating they food but you wanna argue about Alyssa every goddamn day!"

Kori frowned at the mention of her being insecure. She could never be insecure. She knew she was beautiful so why would she be insecure about Alyssa. "Why would I be insecure? I'm insecure because I tell you how I feel about when you're doing sneaky shit. Sneaky shit that you know is wrong especially if you're lying to me."

"Do you think I'm fucking Alyssa?"

She tilted her head to the side and shrugged her shoulders. "I mean I don't know. Are you?" She chuckled finding what she was about to say amusing. "I'm saying like the way she speaks to me is the same way a woman speaks to another woman when they're still fucking their baby daddy and mad because they're not the one with them but you are."

"Alright, Kori." He got up from the couch, walking away from her. "Cause I ain't got time for this bullshit." He said as she trailed behind him into the kitchen.

At this point she was just making up her own scenarios in her head.

"Come on how do you expect me to feel? You're pushing me away this easy. Do you even really want to be with me?" She fought the urge to ask if him being with her was just a cover up but then again it couldn't be because Alyssa loved him and if he loved her the same way she loved him Kori and him wouldn't be a thing. She wasn't acting insecure, she just needed to know if his head was in the same space as hers.

"I ain't just wasting money buying rings if I ain't want to be with you. I don't know what kinda niggas you used to fuckin' with but this nigga ain't them. I'm tired of arguing about the same shit. You ain't?"

She chuckled. "You can't be if you keep putting yourself in the predicament to be questioned about the same thing."

"By having a conversation with a girl I knew before yo ass about our baby?

"Aight then well, I'm only gone tell you this once and you do whatever you want with this information...If I wanted to be with Alyssa I'd be with her. But, nah I'm with you and if you can't understand that to get through your thick ass skull then this," He gestured between the two using his index finger. "Is dead."

Kori looked at him in disbelief as he stood there also looking at her. She was still upset at the fact why he wanted a break. He could've easily communicated to her that he was going to be around Alyssa more than usual because of the baby. But the way he made it out for her to be jealous and clingy when it came to him and his attention made her worry. She was going to be mad at him because he had to take care of his baby? That sounded like some selfish ass shit of her and if that was how he thought of her to be when it came down to him maybe they don't need to be together.

She was hurt that it was that easy for him to call off their relationship. It seemed he wasn't as invested in the relationship as much as she was. Kori blinked her eyes as a few tear drops fell and she quickly wiped them. If he wanted a "break" she was going to give him one. She grabbed her things and quietly left his house.

*****

The address to Kaija's party: Cassandra.

Montana read over the message that just came to his phone from Cassandra. He was confused on how she got his number but it was obvious Kacey gave it to her. Kacey didn't text him herself because she knew there was a possibility he wouldn't have opened it. He came to his senses to know if anything was about their children she would call instead of text, so he never bothered to open any messages from her.

It had been about a week since he last ran into her at her house and found some random nigga there. It had also been a little over three months since she last filed for divorce. He kind of thought by now she wouldn't have gone through with it, but she was. They were still in the process of getting it finalized and he couldn't wait for the whole shit to be over because it was draining.

"Yo wasgood, my nigga." Kapri said as he walked inside the room before dapping Montana up.

"Waddup, Cuz." Montana replied as he turned the music off that was playing in the studio. He grabbed the bottle of D'usse sitting next to him, taking a sip from it.

Kapri took a seat, shaking his head as he looked around the studio. "Damn, my nigga yo ass don't do shit but stay up in here everyday. Ole depressed ass." Kapri mumbled as he sat back. If Montana didn't have his kids from morning to night he spent his time in the studio. He'd just hop in the booth rapping whatever was on his mind. He didn't even have to put out an album or anything seeing as he had dropped one the previous year but to him time was money and his time was recording music.

"You one funny ass nigga, B." Montana chuckled to himself as he twisted the cap back onto his half empty bottle. He turned his chair to look at Kapri wondering what he was even here for. "Can I help you with something?"

"You coming to Kaija's party, right?" Kapri asked as Montana looked at him as if he was dumb. Why wouldn't he be there. That was his daughter. Kapri laughed at the hard ass mug Montana wore on his face. "Nigga I'm just asking. I seen the way you been dogging ha moms out so I'm thinking you wasn't gone pull up."

"What me and Kacey got going on don't got nothing to do with my daughter."

"Ha I see. You too busy hugged up with that Angelique chick, huh?" Kapri questioned as a smirk appeared on Montana's face. "You bringing her tonight?"

Montana's smile dropped. "Negative." He shook his head back and forth. "It ain't even like that. I would never bring a chick around my daughter unless it was something serious and right now I'm chilling. For a while at that." He added.

"You gone head and do that."

Kapri watched as Montana started chuckling while shaking his head. He looked at him funny before Montana spoke up.

"You know for a minute I thought this whole divorce shit was a front at first because of the shit with Charisma, then I found out the baby wasn't mine like I expected and I ain't hear shit from Kacey. She coming to me with this whole divorce shit and then I pop up to the house and see some nigga walking out. I ain't even have it in me to even tell her how the fuck I felt so I just got what I came there for and dipped." Montana explained.

"Another nigga? You know who the nigga was?"

"Nah." He shook his head. "And then she gone tell me It's not what I think. How the fuck she gone say some shit like that when this nigga leaving her place in the morning. That ain't even my problem. She really brought this yellow nigga to the crib."

"Why the fuck you care?"

"I don't. It's just the principle. It's a respect thing."

"Stop letting that shit get to you cause ain't shit you could do at this point. You doing your thing and she doing her thing and the only thing ya'll need to do is co-parent, maturely." Kapri told him honestly. "If you still love her then why the fuck did you sign the papers?"

"Because she wanted me to! I'm not going to force her to stay if she wanna call it quits. I already fought for this shit too long and I'm done. She everything to me but I guess just cause I love her, It don't mean we good for each other. I already put that shit on my moms, so." Montana shrugged, sluggishly as he reached for the liquor bottle.

Kapri watched his boy in sorrow for him. He ain't never seen Montana like that over no woman before. It was definitely going to take him a while to love someone the way he loved Kacey, again. Montana snapped his fingers, grabbing Kapri's attention. "Yo, baby boy bout to be here any day now. You ready for this fatherhood, shit?"

"Maaaaan." Kapri drawled rubbing over his neat waves. "I'm ready but I'm more nervous than a mutherfucka. I wasn't nervous at first but as the time gets closer to his arrival I'm shaking in my motherfuckin boots." He laughed. He was scared a little too but his only concern was being a better father to his child then his dad was to him. He wanted to be his son's support system and be nothing more than an understanding parent.

"You'll be aight. It ain't that bad."

"We'll see." Kapri stood up pulling up his sagging pants in the process. He had somewhere to be and then in no time it would be time to pick Kori up for Kaija's birthday. They weren't speaking at the moment but he still promised he was gonna be her ride and he wasn't gonna back out just because."I'ma fuck with you later." He dapped Montana up who nodded his head.

"Aight then and if you aint got no presents for my lil one stay yo useless ass at home."

"Whatever, bitch." Kapri couldn't help but laugh as he walked to the door. He turned around to look at Montana. "Oh and do me a favor."

"What?"

"...Leave the bottle at home."

*****

It was around six o'clock in the afternoon as more people made their way into Kaija's Princess and the frog birthday party. The place was decorated inside and outside in the back where they held all the outdoor activities. The party was filled with family and friends from both Kacey and Montana's side. Kacey looked around at how great everything came out thanks to Cassandra. They had everything from cotton candy machines, Popcorn machines, Face painting, bouncy houses and ect. Of course the party started an hour before and some people were just now showing up as expected.

Kacey had been calling down Montana's phone for the last half an hour and he wasn't answering. She was annoyed since she didn't even know herself for sure if he actually was going to show up. It was a win or lose situation with Montana sometimes.

Kacey looked up when she heard someone calling her name. She smiled at Alyssa and watched as she waddled over to her. She met her half way with her arms out. "Look at you big mama." Kacey rubbed over an exhausted Alyssa's swollen stomach. She was due any day now and the baby boy was ready to pop out. Kacey was just glad that Alyssa did not go through with that abortion and decided to keep the baby for herself and Kapri. Kacey knew she didn't have any right to tell Alyssa what to do with her baby but she for sure knew Alyssa needed to talk to Kapri first.

"Yep." Alyssa said, looking down at Kacey who coo'd at her stomach. "Any damn day now. You hear that any day now, baby." She had just arrived along with her Grandparents Joyce and Gerald. They would've been there an hour ago but Joyce misread the GPS.

Kacey stood up straight admiring Alyssa and the glow she had from carrying her nephew. Her hair was styled in a barbie ponytail with a black maxi skirt and a matched black cropped top with it and on her feet were Chanel sandals. Kacey noticed that Alyssa gained weight in all the right places from carrying the baby.

"I thought ya'll was gonna come with Kapri?" Kacey noticed that Alyssa only came in with her grandparents when she was aware that Kapri was going to pick up her.

"We were until he said his girlfriend was coming too. No thank you." Alyssa shook her head back and forth. She didn't want to ride with Kapri and his girlfriend like they were the best of friends.

"Oh my god." Kacey threw her head back, laughing. "It is not that serious. You do know you're going to have to be around her one way or another. She's family. Literally my sister."

"She's not my family." Alyssa retorted with a look on her face. One thing Kacey did forget was the bad attitude Alyssa had along with her brother. Hell when she first met Alyssa she was a brat from the jump and always had something slick to say. "And you and Montana are getting a divorce so no more sister-in-law." Alyssa said all cheerfully.

"If I hadn't found god I would've probably knocked you out pregnant and all." Kacey nodded her head up and down as if she was thinking about it. "You can't be mad at Kori because she has the man you want."

Alyssa snapped her head to look at Kacey. "The man I want? Who told you that?"

"Nobody has to tell me your actions say everything. It's kind of what you get. You keep chasing after grown men who only see you for one thing and end up in the same predicament."

"Fuck you."

"Ma-ma." Kacey watched as Kaija ran over to her as Major trailed right behind her. Kaija looked so beautiful in her green tutu dress. Her hair was styled in braids with little beads at the end and she had a Tiara on her head. The kids were supposed to be on the bouncy houses together since Kaija put up a fuss to go on with her big brother. Kacey wasn't too sure about that because she was still a little baby and did not want her to get injured but since it was her birthday and she was with her brother she let her go.

Kacey knelt down to Kaija's height with her arms out. Kaija ran into her mother's arms and wrapped her arms around her shoulders. Kacey kissed her little cheeks before she stood up with the baby still in her hands.

"What's going on?" She asked her son Major who stood in front of her trying to catch his breath. For a second she almost forgot he had asthma the way he was sprinting after Kaija.

"I turned my back for one second and she was gone. I'm not watching her anymore. She doesn't listen." Major stressed as he pulled his pump from his pockets pumping it enough times.

"That's nice you were being a good brother but I told you not to chase her. She can't go too far anyway."

"Okay so If I don't run after her don't say that you told me to go after her when you just said not to run after her anymore. Titi you heard her say that, right?" He turned to Alyssa for confirmation from a witness.

"Yes I heard her loud and clear." Alyssa co-signed.

Kacey shook her head and Major walked off to go play with the other kids. She was just glad that he wasn't careless with his pump and knew to take it whenever he couldn't breathe. There were times when he was playing too much or having too much fun he'd forget to take it or he'd simply put it down somewhere and forget it. That's why Kacey made sure he kept one on him at all times and she kept one on her too.

Half an hour passed until Kacey got a text from Montana letting her know he had arrived. She was very annoyed since he came later than expected but at least he was finally there. She went up to her mother Athena who held Kaija on her lap. Kaija was getting her face painted and happened to fall asleep while doing so.

"Hey Derrick." Kacey greeted her mother's boyfriend who had arrived a while ago. He greeted her back and she turned her attention to her mom. "I'm glad she's sleeping. Her dad's here so she'll have a surprise."

"Finally. He came at this time cause he know that's when the adult party start. He ain't slick."

"Adult party my ass." Kacey walked away to meet Montana at the front. She made it to the front and looked at Montana, Kapri and Kori who were getting bags out of the car. Kacey frowned a little when she seen a random girl standing on the curb. She assumed she had to be with Montana. When she got a closer she realized it was the same chick from Instagram, Angelique. "Hey." She said walking up to Kori.

"Hi." Kori smiled hugging Kacey, catching her off guard. "Sorry were late. We would've been here earlier but Kapri couldn't find his eyes. I don't what Montana's excuse is." Of course she was still salty about what Kacey said to her but she did apologize so she half over the whole thing.

"Yeah that's fine." Kacey replied with her eyes on Montana. Kapri walked up giving her a hug. "Y'all can go put the presents in the back. I need to talk to Montana for a second." Kapri and Kori nodded and once they left Kacey walked up to Montana who hadn't even acknowledged her yet.

She approached him as he closed his car door with the Angelique girl next to him. She really didn't want to speak to the girl there with him but she decided to be nice. "Hello. I'm Kacey. Nice to meet you." Kacey uttered with a light smile on her face.

"Hey nice to meet you. I'm Angelique." Angelique smiled as she locked her arm with Montana's. The girl had her hair styled in loose curls, a red jumpsuit with red heels. The girl was beautiful which Kacey already knew since they followed each other on social media. "Oh I brought a gift for the birthday girl." She exclaimed holding out the little gift bag to Kacey.

"Thanks. You can actually put it in the back with the other gifts I need to borrow Montana for a second." She looked from her to Montana who hadn't said a word yet. The woman nodded and walked to the back leaving the ex couple there. Montan's eyes darted down at Kacey as he folded his arms across his chest. "Nice of you to finally show up."

Montana mugged her and opened his mouth to speak. "I'm here. Aren't I."

"Yeah that's nice and all but I've been calling you and you ain't answer yet and then you show up with this girl unannounced."

"Oh my fault. I ain't know I gotta run shit by you. This is my daughter shit too and if I wanna bring somebody with me I will. The fuck." He grumbled as Kacey shook her head. She could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"You've been drinking haven't you? You know If you're gonna show up to a kids party drunk maybe It wasn't a good idea for you to come." She expressed that as he started to laugh. She scrunched up her face. Not only was he drinking he had the nerve to bring some bitch with him to their daughter's party. He didn't even know the random for long and he was already bringing her around to his daughter's birthday party.

"You tryna kick me out of my own daughter party, too? Damn that's foul of you." He chuckled with a hand over his mouth.

Kacey knitted her eyebrows, "Do you, Montana. Just stop bringing the kids into what we have going on. It's pathetic."

"Hold hold on." He grabbed her arm before she could walk away. He didn't want her to twist anything to make him look like a bad father. "Bringing the kids into this? How the fuck am I bringing the kids into it?"

"How aren't you, Montana! Being spiteful against me like this isn't your daughter's first birthday." Kacey reiterated in irritation as she looked up at him. Even if he wasn't being spiteful she felt he only showed up late because he knew it would piss her off. Since their pending divorce that's all he did was piss her off to get a reaction out of her.

His jaws clicked, "Kacey you think I give a fuck about you? Like I'm some sucka ass nigga? I ain't never bring my kids into our shit. So stop making up them delusional ass accusations." He snarled as she snatched her arm away from him.

Kacey was taken back by his statement. He was always rude for no apparent reason to her. It's like he said things just to get a rise out of her. Just for him to get the impression that she still cared about him.

She wasn't trying to get into a full blown argument with him at their child's party but she was gonna set the record straight with him.

"First off stop disrespecting me! Stop talking to me anyway because you're mad at me for keeping it real with you. You're so angry at me and for what? I gave you what you wanted. I did this for you." Her heart hammered as she spoke to him. "You made it seem like I was a burden to you and I let you walk away freely."

She was doing him many favors. Just the same way he did everything else for her in their marriage that obviously didn't work she was doing this for him.

"Really cause that's funny. I walked away with everything but my fuckin' dignity."

"And that's Kacey's fault, right?" She pointed to herself. "I don't know why you act like this but if you think this pulls me into you, it doesn't. If anything it pushes me away. It's fucked up and you're fucked up."

"Everything ain't about you, Kacey. This act no fucking act. If what I'm doing pushes you away so be it. We ain't got shit to discuss about us as far as I'm concerned."

"Don't go in there acting an ass embarrassing me in front of my family. I just wish you would be cordial for the sake of the kids." Kacey proposed.

"You are the only person I've ever been in love with and you hurt me more than anybody." He said feeling like a bitch for even saying that out loud. "Ima go say wassup to my daughter. You look nice." He smiled showing his straight teeth.

Fuckin crazy. She thought to herself. Kacey took a deep breath preparing herself for the rest of the night. She would have to be prepared for Montana and his antics.

*****

"Wassup lil mama." Montana smiled as he kissed his daughter's cheek as she laid her head on his shoulder. He had just woke her up from her nap and she was still a little tired, but it was her birthday and they wanted her to enjoy before it was time for bed. She had time before it was her bed time so they didn't want her to fall asleep earlier then expected.

He chuckled looking at the lion painted on Kaija's face. He couldn't believe his baby was already one. All his children were growing up too fast and before he knew it they'd all be eighteen.

"How've you been Montana? Holding up?" Athena questioned.

"I'm straight."

"You sure?" She asked again. He nodded his head keeping his attention on his daughter. "Hey you know if this was Athena from back then I would've told Kacey take you for everything you got, honey." Athena laughed as she tapped Derrick's arm. "Baby I'm telling you back then. Woo I was a crazy bitch." She snickered covering her face. It was clear she had been drinking a little.

Montana side eyed Athena not even bothering to say anything to her. She was too old to be bragging about her fucked up self but she was also drunk so he wasn't gonna take anything she said personal.

Montana looked around the backyard at everyone and his eyes landed on two familiar faces. Kacey and Summer. "What she doing here?" He looked down at Athena. Summer told him she was taking Maia down to Philadelphia to visit her parents.

"I wouldn't know. I don't talk to the girl. Go ask Kacey." Athena dismissed. She looked next to her to see the girl Montana brought with him standing there looking like a lost puppy. "Why don't you go get a burger from the grill instead of standing there looking lost."

"Excuse me." Angelique replied taken back by the the lady's hostility.

"Chill out. I'll be right back. Sit down." He told Angelique before walking away. Angelique scoffed and took a seat in the chair next to Athena. She didn't know why she agreed to come to an event where she didn't know anybody. Yeah it was a couple of his family there but it was mostly friends from Kacey's side.

Summer and Kacey engaged in a casual conversation as she made a plate for Major. He was too busy playing with the kids that he hadn't taken a seat to eat anything yet. The most he picked up was a cupcake.

"Thanks for inviting me along with Maia. She was so happy to know that both of her moms were gonna be in the same space together." Summer chuckled. "She said she never even seen us speak two words to each other and it was a special moment for her."

"It was no problem." Kacey replied as she placed macaroni into the plate. She was surprised herself when she told summer she could come along with Maia. It was her mother and it was a last minute decision so why not. She and Summer were finally in a cordial space for the sake of Montana and Maia. Kacey glanced up at Summer and happened to notice the rock shining on her left hand. "You're engaged?"

Summer looked at her hand rubbing her index finger over the six carat ring. "Oh yeah."

"Congratulations."

"Thank you. I guess I'm on the bandwagon now." Summer commented with a smile on her face. Kacey knew what that meant but she was on the bandwagon by herself since she was getting divorced. It sucked that she was already getting divorced at only twenty-five but shit happens.
Good to know that Summer found a man that she actually wanted her as much as she wanted him.

Frowning when she felt a large arm wrap around her shoulder Kacey looked up to see Montana standing there with Kaija in his other arm. She rolled her eyes not bothering to remove his arm. "Would you look at this. My wife." He emphasized before looking to Summer. "And my lying ass baby moms actually in the same room together without a chaperone. What happened to you taking Maia with you to Philly?"

"I decided not to go." She said matter factly. "She was bugging me the whole time because she wouldn't be here for her sister's first birthday and I felt bad so I post-poned the trip."

"And you ain't think to tell me that you decided not to go."

"I honestly forgot. Don't make such a big deal about it." Summer rolled her eyes as she turned her attention to Kaija. "She is so beautiful. She has the same eyes as you Kacey."

"Thank god that's all she got."

Kacey didn't even bother to remark anything back that was smart. She simply turned to him shoving the plate into his chest. "Why don't you go give this to your son,"She waited for him to take the plate before she continued. "I need to go get the cake so we can sing happy birthday and make sure Major eats it. He didn't eat anything."

He watched Kacey walked away before he went back outside to get Major leaving Summer there. He would Major who was still in the bouncy house with the little kids. Most of them were just children from their friends besides Maia, Mia and Ryan who were family. Montana called out for Ryan from outside the house since he wasn't about to go inside to get him.

He waited for Major to get out and stepped back, holding the plate out for him. Major got out with Maia trailing behind him. Her eyes lit up as she jumped out the house way ahead of Major attacking her dad with a hug. Montana picked her up holding her in his other free arm.

"I was looking for you earlier but they said you weren't here. Finally." Maia playfully rolled her eyes reaching her arm over to pinch Kaija's cheeks.

"I ain't even know you was gonna be here. That's messed up that you ain't even call your pops to let me know." Montana faked like he was hurt as Maia laughed.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. When I come back from my Mimi's I can stay the month with you? Mommy signed me up for summer camp and it'll be easier for you to come get me when it's over."

"Summer camp?" He narrowed his eyebrows. "I ain't hear bout no summer camp."

"Then I guess you gotta talk to mommy cause I'm going. I really want to go and my best friend Bianca is going to be there too."

"Aight well see—Damn you getting way too big to be getting picked up like you Kaija age." He put Maia on her feet and adjusted Kaija in his arms.

"Or you're just getting too old." Maia retorted before jumping back into the bouncy house. Montana laughed at his daughter's response and shook his hand with the plate in it signaling for Major to finally take it. Major shook his head no and turned around but Montana grabbed his arm.

"Your moms said you ain't eat yet."

"I'm not hungry." Major declined looking up at Montana. He was dressed in a Gucci tracksuit with matching Gucci tennis shoes.

"You just saying that cause you too busy playing." Montana adjusted Kaija in his arms. "They gone be there all day. Go sit down and eat this. She ain't give you that much."

Major huffed and took the plate walking off to find a seat inside the building. Montana followed behind him since he wanted to watch Major to make sure he ate the food and because he didn't want him sitting by himself.

"When did you get here?" Major asked Montana as he started to dig in to his food.

"A while ago."

Kaija began to wiggle herself out of Montana's hold. She was awake now and wanted to run around. Montana placed her on her little feet and held her two arms in the air. Kaija began stomping her feet dancing to the music playing from outside. Montana smiled hyping her up. Kaija turned around and Montana let her arms go. She started to walk towards the door to go outside but Montana caught her.

He looked up seeing Kacey not too far away. Montana pointed over towards where Kacey was and let go of Kaija's arms. Kaija used that advantage to walk outside while giggling with her hands in her mouth.

"When you and mommy get divorced are you gonna separate us to be with one of you?" Major asked, curiously. He wondered if one of them would live with him and the other lived with Kacey. He didn't want to be separated from Kaija the way they were separated from Maia time to time.

Montana frowned at the sound of that and turned to face Major. "Who told you me and your moms was getting divorced? What you know about divorce?"

"Mama." Major shrugged.

That immediately infuriated Montana as he blinked looking at his son. He couldn't believe Kacey would actually tell Major about them divorcing. Not only did he have to hear it from his son unbeknownst but he definitely felt that was a conversation he and Kacey should've had together with the kids.

He took a deep breath and said, "That's something we'll discuss with your mom but you don't worry about that, Aight."

"Alright."

*****

"So wassup with you and my cousin for real for real, Kacey." One of Montana's cousins Monica from his dad's side asked Kacey as she set the cake down on the table.

Kacey had only talked to the girl about three times since she and Montana had been together. She only ever got to see her on family events and as much as she knew Monica she was nosy as hell. She was one of those people on Instagram who posted every shade room post with an opinion.

She always had to comment on one of these celebrities pictures about their lives, calling them goals and whatnot when she didn't even know those people from anywhere. She was only twenty one and way too invested in people's life rather her own.

"What do you mean?" Kacey turned to look at Monica with furrowed eyebrows. Kacey should've expected such question from Monica because it was always the same shit with her.

"I mean are you and Montana actually get divorced or all the blogs lying?" Monica looked at Kacey with a duh expression. "Cause I'm fighting for my life in them comments tryna defend you and my cousin from all dem trolls."

That statement made Kacey chuckle. "Neither me or Montana told you to do that. It's literally no one's business what me and Montana got going on." Even though Kacey acted as if it was a secret she could've told Monica the truth but she was sure the young girl would post about it on social media.

Monica sucked her teeth and her eyes traveled to Kacey's left hand. Monica noticed and she gasped. "It is true! Why didn't you tell me? Actually why didn't Montana tell me. They post every damn day about y'all breaking up but I never believed it because y'all always together."

"Because it isn't anyone's business. Damn." Kacey rolled her eyes.

"Yeah sure. Did you cheat again?" Monica asked curiously as Kacey snapped her head to look at Monica. Everyone saw those pictures of Kacey and Brandon. It was all over the internet.

Kacey shook her head. "Who told you that I cheated?"

"It's not rocket science. Me and everyone saw those pictures." Monica chuckled a little while looking at Kacey who didn't pay her any attention. "He was sexy as hell too girl. You got any old niggas you wanna put me on to?"

Kacey completely ignored Monica's last question and stated, "We'll those photos are old, okay?" Kacey lied to keep her name clear. Even though people thought she cheated when she did she knew Monica would eat that up and believe her.

"How old?" Monica tested curiously with squinted eyes.

Kacey huffed annoyed with Monica and called everyone over to sing happy birthday to Kaija. Once everyone was over by the cake Montana stood next to Kacey holding Kaija. She lit the cake that held the candle with the number one on it.

Kacey looked next to her and it was Kori next to her with a smile on her face while looking over at Kaija. She noticed the whole time that Kori and Kapri hadn't been acting like a couple would. They were real distant from each other.

On three everyone sang happy birthday to Kaija and as Kacey expected she cried. Noise bothered Kaija a lot and it most definitely scared her so she was not happy when everyone sang the song to her at the same time. It was too much going on at once.

Everyone sat inside eating the cake. Kacey sat at table with Kaija where Kori, Joyce, Major, Maia and Montana also sat. Summer had left not too long ago. There were many other seats and they all chose to sit together. Mostly for the fact there were people everyone was familiar with. The old heads that consisted of Robert, Gerald and a few of the other men in the party stayed outside.

Kacey was wondering where Montana's little Instagram model was, that's until she walked in with two beers in her hand and took a seat next to him. She rolled her eyes and continued to feed Kaija some of her cake.

"You see what I'm seeing?" Kori leaned over to whisper to Kacey. The place was loud enough for everyone not to hear their conversation but she still decided to whisper.

"I don't see a thing." Kacey shrugged her shoulders.

"He ain't waste no time bringing another girl around. Around the kids too? Uh huh." Kori shook her head in disbelief.

Kacey glanced at her sister and said, "That's his business. As long as this is a lasting relationship for him it's not problem with me cause I'll be damned if he introducing all these random bozos to my kids." Kacey happened to look up and seen Major and the Angelique chick talking too each other with Montana drinking from his beer. Kacey didn't want to be the bitter baby mother and say anything because she knew there'd be an argument. But she knew that this girl was not staying around for long.

Kori didn't reply and just leaned back in her seat playing with her food. She was kind of sad that Kapri barely spoke to her the whole time they been at the party. They had a small conversation in the call on their way there but after that...nothing.

She looked up and her heart began to sped up as her eyes fell on Kapri who talked to Alyssa's stomach with his hand rubbing over it. They were standing by the table with the cake as Alyssa threw her head back giggling.

Kori excused herself from Kacey and walked over to Kapri and Alyssa. Kori made her way over there shortly as Alyssa mentally rolled her eyes and removed Kapri's hand from her stomach. Kapri stood up straight confused as to why she did that until he realized Kori not too far away walking over.

Kapri plastered a smile on her face as she stood in front of the two. She studied Alyssa's face and realized she wore a smug. She couldn't tell if it was meant for her since that's Alyssa's normal face. "Hey Alyssa."

"Hi." Alyssa kept it short and simple. She turned to continue cutting herself a piece of cake, but made sure to take her time to listen in on the couples conversation.

"Wassup with you." Kapri asked looking down at Kori.

"Nothing." Kori replied holding her hand out. "I forgot something in the car."

"What you forget in the car?" He questioned, clueless, going into his pocket to grab the keys.

"Don't worry about it." She took the keys out of his hand. "I'm not tryna take up all your time since you're here having a conversation." She looked from him to Alyssa back to him.

Kapri scoffed watching as Kori walked away. Alyssa turned back around with a piece of cake in her hand as she raised and eyebrow looking at Kapri. "Oh she not tryna take up all your time cause I'm takin it up, huh." She snickered a little.

"Don't even start."

"I ain't do nothing." Alyssa pushed out, attending to her cake. "...Maybe you should try to not be so affectionate towards me or the baby when she's around. You know how she gets." Alyssa suggested since it was clear anything she did that had to do with Kapri got under the girl's skin.

"What you just say to me?" Kapri scrunched up his face to look at Alyssa. "I ain't gone do no such fucking thing." He cussed obviously bothered by her comment. "It's my son. If I wanna rub your stomach and coo at my baby that's what I'm gonna do. Sick of y'all tryna tell me what the fuck I should do." He walked away leaving Alyssa there stuck from his sudden change in tone.

"Kacey! Montana! Children!" Athena shouted from outside as all heads snapped in her direction. "I want the photographer to take pictures of you guys before he leaves." Athena mentioned as Kacey looked over at Montana. She shrugged her shoulders and grabbed Kaija walking outside with Montana trailing behind with Major and Maia. Everyone else that was inside trailed behind them wanting to be nosey.

Kacey found Athena and stood in front of the backdrop the photographer had up. She held the birthday girl in her arms and smiled before kissing her cheek. Montana appeared and stood next to Kacey but made sure to leave a little space between them.

Major stood in front in the middle of Kacey and Montana with Maia standing next to him. Athena also stood next to the photographer and clasped her hands together with a cheesy smile on her face. "Come on. Move in a little." She used her hands to motion for Montana to move closer to Kacey.

Kacey didn't know why he mother was playing stupid. She knew their situation so she didn't know why she was putting them on the spot in front of everybody. It was bad enough that all their business was already on social media but then again everybody here mostly belong to Montana's side of the family. Kacey never grew up in a big home and she was just the only child.

She was already familiar with Montana's family and knew every single one of them was nosey especially the older folks. They were too focused on Kacey and Montana's marriage instead of making sure they're mortgage was paid.

Kacey looked up at Montana who held a frown on his face. He ignored Athena's request while the gap was still there. She rolled her eyes with a sigh and decided herself to move closer next to him.

She plastered a smile on her face and said. "Could you at least act like you wanna take the picture. For the kids." She said through her smile while facing the camera.

"Alright on three say cheese." The photographer said as Maia struck a pose and Major threw up a peace sign. The man did the count down and Montana threw his arm around Kacey pulling her closer to him. She turned her head to look at him and that's when he leaned down connecting his lips with her's. Before Kacey could react she heard the camera click.

As Montana slowly pulled away from the kiss, cheering could be heard as Kacey wiped her lips and looked at everyone who was cheering. She noticed a few phones out recording and wanted to just die right there. She felt eyes on her and looked down connecting eyes with her son Major who held a confused expression.

"Did I nail it?" He questioned, showing off the smug expression on his face as he walked off.

Kacey pulls her head back to look at the asshole as he just walked off like it was nothing. She was sure no one would tell but she was definitely pissed off at that moment.

"Kacey could you go get him? I wanted more than one-" Before Athena could finish her sentence she was cut off by Kacey basically shoving Kaija into her arms. Athena looked at Kori who shrugged her shoulders.

Kacey followed after Montana who walked out to the front of the building obviously going to his car for whatever reason. Everyone wondered what was going on with the two but they decided to mind their business this time.

Catching up to him he's leaned on the hood of his car with a blunt in between his fingers. Even though Kacey had asthma that was the least of her worries as she approached Montana. "What was that?" She threw her hands up waiting for an answer. Montana stared at Kacey while taking a pull from the blunt.

"What was what?" He shrugged carelessly, acting clueless.

Kacey rolled her eyes at his satire tone. If this was her from a couple years ago she would've definitely smacked that blunt out of his hand and stepped on it, but she was going down a new path. "Would you cut the bullshit already. Not only was what you did foul but you did that shit in front of the kids. I don't need them thinking-"

"What, that we together? I'm sure they already know wassup since you made the decision to tell Major about us."

"What?" Kacey looked at him with squinted eyes.

"What?" He mocked her. "You know what the fuck I'm talking bout. You wanna talk bout something being foul you needa talk bout that shit. When the fuck did we agree that we were gonna tell them this soon? And why you ain't at least discuss it with me first."

"I just acted on impulse. It was after you left and I felt guilty so I just laid everything out on the table to him." Kacey said realizing that it probably would've been a better idea to tell Major and Maia together as a whole.

"Oh you acted on impulse, huh? It seem like you can do what the fuck you want and I'm just supposed to be okay with it."

Kacey's lip curled up in confusion while looking at him. "When did I ever say that? Don't put words in my mouth, Montana."

"Aight, you done?" He looked at her over with the whole conversation. She was blowing his high and didn't even know why she decided to follow him outside.

Kacey sighed wanting to cry from the way he was treating her. She bit down on her lip and said. "Can you just stop making things more complicated then it has to be? It doesn't have to be like this. Before anything you were my best friend and I just want things to back to how they were before."

Montana looked at Kacey before he broke out into a chuckle. "Things before, huh? You mean like when I ain't even know yo ass existed? That before?" He watched as her face dropped not expecting that response. He placed the blunt in between his lips and walked up to Kacey. He placed his hand on her shoulder and used the other hand to take the blunt out his mouth before exhaling the smoke.

"No more complications...I got you."

               _____________________

                          A few questions

      Montana's nasty attitude towards Kacey? Him drinking again?

Kapri and Kori's argument? Do you think Kori has a reason to feel the way she does? Is she overreacting? Do you think the relationship is over?

  Thoughts on Montana kissing Kacey in front of everyone?

                     Comment/Vote

       100+ comments for quicker updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 17.8K 41
*Mature content, unedited version* She was in love. Her wedding day was a dream come true. She believed that their love will last forever, until she...
3.7M 129K 68
I was a boy when I met her and loving her taught me how to be a man. ** This book features MATURE THEMES including violence, strong language, sexual...
386K 11.8K 53
Some of the chapters are private so press follow. Sequel to broken promises. To show somebody tough love today will save them a heartache in the fu...