Back To You

By HollyHanson5

Two weeks. Two weeks is all it took for them to fall hopelessly in love with each other. Unfortunately when e... More

****
1- Confused
2- He wouldn't do that to me
4- Am I a bad person?
5- Actually, there is
6- Drake
7- The Cabin
8- Catching Up
9- Rapunzel
10- Something much better
11- The bonfire
12- Swimming
13- Fishing trip
14- Getting closer
15- Seven days
16- Can't Help Falling
17- Unwanted Phone Call
18- Scared
19- Numbers
20- All's fun in games and dancing
21- Date night
22- Leaving
23- Plane ride
24- The Safehouse
25- One phone call
26- Hope and a miracle
27- A decision to make
28- Court
29- Welcome to Michigan
30-Reunited
31- You're it for me
32- I'm not going anywhere
33- Of course I will
34- Skittles
35- A few surprises
36- The end
🚨Aaron's book🚨

3- Find her

1.1K 75 25
By HollyHanson5

Hailey's P.O.V.

I was sitting at a table inside a house, just outside of the city.

"What is this place?"

An older man came up to me, "Hola, I'm Officer Lopez. It's like a safehouse, we couldn't take you to the station because I'm not sure who to trust there and we don't want you in the same building as Carlos."

"When Carlos realizes what's going on, you're not going to be safe." Justin said.

"He killed my parents, you were right. He sat there and lied to my face, why would he do something like that? I don't understand."

The lady agent sat down next to me, "My name's Amy Jackson. I work for the FBI, Agent Walker is my partner. I have no doubt Carlos loves you, Hailey, but with men like Carlos it's about power for them. They get off on it and he probably became obsessed with you the more he watched you. Like my partner already told you, he's not someone you bring home to Mom and Dad."

I wiped the tears for my eyes, "I'm so stupid."

"No. You can't help who you fall in love with." Amy said, running her hand up and down my arm.

Justin's phone started ringing, he left the room and answered it.

Moments later he walked back out. "That was the office. Carlos' lawyer got there and we can't hold him on the boggas charges we made up. Plus he knows Hailey isn't there, he's flipping out wondering where she is."

"We need to do something, I promised to work with you Agent Walker... I can't do this on my own anymore." Officer Lopez pleaded.

"What exactly do you need for charges to stick?" I asked.

"Evidence, an eyewitness to something illegal, anything to take him down. Everyone is too scared to talk around here and they should be, Carlos kills anyone that goes up against him." Officer Lopez said.

"I'll do it." I stood up. "What about the murder of Marcos? Will that help?"

Marcus was the President of Mexico's son. He got into some trouble and instead of going to his Dad for help, he got mixed up with Carlos, resulting in his death.

"Do you know what happened?" Justin questioned.

I nodded my head, "I was there, I witnessed the whole thing. But my question is, why is the FBI here? You don't have jurisdiction here?"

"Actually, it's kind of messy, but we do. Also, Marcos was found dead in Miami, Florida, so Carlos would be sentenced in the states. So we need to get you out of Mexico before he realizes what happens because once he knows you're willing to talk, he more than likely won't enter the U.S because he knows he'd be arrested." Amy informed me.

"What do I need to do?"

"Tell us what happened."

I told them everything. Every single detail, down to the papers I found in the floorboards in Carlos' office.

"Are you sure you're willing to testify against him?" Justin asked.

I looked down at the floor, would I?

"Yes!"

"Then we need to get her out of here."

Amy interrupted, "Justin, we need to get her into a witness protection program like, now! I give it a few hours before all hell breaks loose, she's not going to be safe."

*******

Carlos' P.O.V

"What do you mean? Where the hell is she?" I screamed as my men looked down in fear as we walked back into my house.

My brother, Danté came up to me, as I picked up Hailey's engagement ring off the counter in my kitchen, squeezing it tight in my hand. "After you left, she went with the agents. There was a miscommunication, we were under the assumption they were taking her with you but they never showed up."

"Find her." I hissed out.

"We're looking, Carlos. I'm sure she's fine-"

"I know she's fine but they're probably interrogating her for information."

"She loves you, she would never betray your trust. Legally they can't hold her, she'll ask for a lawyer."

I look down, clenching my jaw. "Then why is her engagement ring off?" I paused for a moment. "She asked about her parents, Danté."

"What about them?"

"She asked if I was the one that killed them. Why would she ask that, how could she possibly know anything unless they put that idea in her head."

Nobody answered. They just stood there, not knowing what to fucking say.

I growled as I ran my hands through my hair. I went over to the cupboards and grabbed the tequila, taking a shot from the bottle as Danté looked at me.

"I can't lose her." I whispered.

"Maybe you need to be honest with her. Tell her the truth, maybe if you come clean and tell her everything and how much she means to you she'll eventually forgive you."

"Don't! Don't fucking do that. If she knows what I did to her parents, she's never going to speak to me again. You should have seen the look in her eyes when I killed Marcos..." I paused.

"Get me Officer Lopez. NOW!"

*****
A few hours later we were in an abandoned warehouse just outside of the City. I tilted my head as I looked at the old fat man who's been a huge pain in my ass for way too long and his time has just run out.

I leaned over, staring into his eyes, "Where's my fiancé?"

He spit in my face, "Púdrete." (Screw you)

I stood up, wiping the spit from my face before I brought my hand back and swung, hitting him as hard as I could across his face with the back of my hand.

"Fine. Then maybe I'll pay your wife and daughter a little visit. I heard your daughter just had a baby of her own, I'd hate to have something bad happen to them."

"Leave my family alone. I don't know where Hailey is." He started crying out.

I looked over at my brother and pulled out my phone. "I hate this part... they always fucking lie." I dialed one of my men before bringing the phone up to my ear. "Yeah, bring me his daughter, I don't think he understands how serious I am."

"No! Wait..." Lopez begged.

"Hold on a second." I put the phone down, "I'm listening, Lopez."

"The feds took her to the states. That's all I know, she isn't here anymore."

I looked at him, before picking up the phone again. "Bring the baby too."

Lopez started crying, "Stop! Fine, okay... please just leave them alone... please."

"Hold on." I put the phone down. "I'm giving you one last chance, if you fuck around with me any longer I will personally put a bullet into your daughter and grandson and then I'll pay your wife a visit. Do you understand?"

He nodded.

I put the phone to my ear again, "Leave them alone for right now. I'll call you back if I change my mind."

I hung up the phone and walked closer. "Why did they take her to the states?"

He continued to cry.

I rolled my eyes, criers and beggars always annoyed me. The only begging I absolutely enjoyed was Hailey's, when I made her come.

I lifted my arm and cocked my gun, "Why?"

"Hailey told them all about Marcos. Every single detail and she agreed to talk. They're building a case against you and she said she'd testify."

Everything went silent. Surely the love of my life wouldn't turn against me.

"What?" I managed to choke out.

I loved that woman. Everything I did since we met, was for her and she was going to betray me?

I swallowed hard before looking down at my phone with a text I just received. I smiled, Lopez's doom was set.

Composing myself, I looked back at Lopez. "Lopez, you're free to go."

He looked at me confused, "What?"

My men started untying him, "You better go before I change my mind. Your car is at the end of the alleyway, if you hear from Hailey... call me."

I tossed him his keys as he looked at me skeptically before running out the door.

I looked at my brother, "How could she do this to me?"

"I think we need to find her and talk to her before we do anything-"

"She's talking to the feds. There's no talking... find her and kill her!"

"Carlos?"

There was an explosion in the distance and my phone started ringing...

"Yes?" The man on the other end of the line confirmed Lopez died when he started his car.

Hanging up the phone I looked back at the others.

"Find her and kill her." I hissed before walking out of the warehouse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 3.3K 35
***This book ties in with 'The Mafia Princess'... this can be read as a stand alone, but some of the characters from 'The Mafia Princess' will be bro...
1.3M 28K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
302K 11.2K 31
Lucy Mathews didn't quite know what she was getting into when she agreed to be the personal assistant of Mateo D'Amico. Surly she didn't think she'd...
548 39 11
This book is the sequel to 𝑻𝒉𝒆 π‘«π’†π’—π’Šπ’'𝒔 π‘Ίπ’‚π’Šπ’π’• 𖀐 The shattering crack of bone rings out, a fountain of blood spraying across the floor...